If one does what OTT does enough times, one will become as OTT is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like we think alike then.

I'm close to wanting a 360. It now has a handful of games I really want to play and an okay crop of ones I'd like to play. Probably give it another year or so. :lol:

I'd finish Gears, and then decide if you'll play it on XBL or not. Or keep it until you've whored out all the achievements.

You've played FEAR on the PC, if I remember right, so unless you want to play it on XBL, dump that.

R6: V is a great single player game, though the MP is where the longevity in it is.

Viva Pinata, good question.

If you wanted to dump Oblivion, I'd be interested in working something out with you. ;)

[quote name='wubb']Sounds like we think alike then.

I'm close to wanting a 360. It now has a handful of games I really want to play and an okay crop of ones I'd like to play. Probably give it another year or so. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I love the games I've played for it, and there are some I beat 100% (Need for Speed Most Wanted) and then sold, since it didn't really have a lot of replay value, I don't even remember if it had multiplayer (lol), and I figured it would be dirt cheap again soon. I liked it, but I wouldn't put it into my hall of fame, as it were. The games I kept are also the ones I get the urge to pop into my system every once in awhile.

When I found out about Rhino I splurged big time and got a ton of 360 games I never would have bought any other way, and now I'm looking at them, being unplayed since November (or maybe earlier) and I figured if I haven't opened them now, I just won't.

I might as well dump them now, finish Gears, finish Dead Rising, go through Vegas, put some multiplayer into both, and then see what I feel like getting next.

It's just the Oblivion expansion made me remember "Hey, wow, the FEAR expansion never hit the 360 either... and if it did, it would be that same "spend $30 to download a permanent copy" deal.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'd finish Gears, and then decide if you'll play it on XBL or not. Or keep it until you've whored out all the achievements.

You've played FEAR on the PC, if I remember right, so unless you want to play it on XBL, dump that.

R6: V is a great single player game, though the MP is where the longevity in it is.

Viva Pinata, good question.

If you wanted to dump Oblivion, I'd be interested in working something out with you. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yea, once I get a bit more spare time I'll put some MP fun into Gears and Vegas. I only played a few levels of FEAR on the PC, my PC was acting funny at the time so I just sold it and got it cheap from Rhino for the 360, but now I feel like going back ;)

Viva Pinata may be good, but I got a feeling this is one of those ones destined for the bargain bin and I'll get a second copy extremely cheap in the future when I have no backlog. I also hate the special edition case.

If you want my Oblivion, let me know... it's the Collector's Edition, so I can't let it go for too cheap. Just throw me a fair offer. Same goes with F.E.A.R... I'd let that one go for $30 + shipping probably if anyone was interested, that's half off retail.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, once I get a bit more spare time I'll put some MP fun into Gears and Vegas. I only played a few levels of FEAR on the PC, my PC was acting funny at the time so I just sold it and got it cheap from Rhino for the 360, but now I feel like going back ;)

Viva Pinata may be good, but I got a feeling this is one of those ones destined for the bargain bin and I'll get a second copy extremely cheap in the future when I have no backlog. I also hate the special edition case.

If you want my Oblivion, let me know... it's the Collector's Edition, so I can't let it go for too cheap. Just throw me a fair offer. Same goes with F.E.A.R... I'd let that one go for $30 + shipping probably if anyone was interested, that's half off retail.[/quote] I picked up F.E.A.R. from BB when it was $50, with one of the $10 off coupons, and a RZ cert, so it was $35.

Oblivion is one I had zero luck trying to find with the BB clearance, and the only lead is another CAG who might sell me his copy when he's either tired of it or done with it, and that might be months from now. I would like to get it, so let me figure out a fair offer and let you know.

I'm sort of the same way with VP that you are, so I might wait on that or take it off your hands for something cheap with Oblivion CE.

[quote name='shrike4242']I picked up F.E.A.R. from BB when it was $50, with one of the $10 off coupons, and a RZ cert, so it was $35.

Oblivion is one I had zero luck trying to find with the BB clearance, and the only lead is another CAG who might sell me his copy when he's either tired of it or done with it, and that might be months from now. I would like to get it, so let me figure out a fair offer and let you know.

I'm sort of the same way with VP that you are, so I might wait on that or take it off your hands for something cheap with Oblivion CE.[/QUOTE]

Nooooo problem... just don't lowball me too much ;)

And why did that guy on GameFAQ's steal your name?

Fear is so much better on the PC. The 360 version is alright, but the campaign is really not as much fun as it was on the PC.

And Gears online is a blast. I would keep it if you have any thoughts of playing it online I would make sure to keep it.

[quote name='Roufuss']Nooooo problem... just don't lowball me too much ;)

And why did that guy on GameFAQ's steal your name?[/quote]Of course not. :D

And what guy on GameFAQs stealing my name? :whistle2:s

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Fear is so much better on the PC. The 360 version is alright, but the campaign is really not as much fun as it was on the PC.

And Gears online is a blast. I would keep it if you have any thoughts of playing it online I would make sure to keep it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, once I'm not pounding with Ebay sales up the ass 24 / 7 I'll get more into the games I'm keeping. Selling games on a daily basis really does kill your drive to actually play them.

I'm looking at games like Gears and Vegas in that they have some sort of multiplayer legs where people will be playing them for quite some time... unlike FEAR, where I could see people just not playing it anymore or in a few months.

I got FEAR for 360 for dirt cheap thanks to Rhino and never bothered to fix the problem I had with the PC one so I just sold it :lol:

I think after I finish FF 6, I will probably go ahead and finish the solo campaign for Gears.

Shrike look on the last page at that GameFAQ's link.

[quote name='Roufuss']Shrike look on the last page at that GameFAQ's link.[/quote]
Found it. Damned if I know who that is, and I could care less. It's GameFAQ's. :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242']Found it. Damned if I know who that is, and I could care less. It's GameFAQ's. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Don't lie, it's you, and you have bad taste in 360 games ;)

[quote name='Roufuss']Don't lie, it's you, and you have bad taste in 360 games ;)[/quote]
Oh please. :rofl:

Nor am I 25, so that's certainly not me.

Didn't know it wasn't you until you checked the age? I thought 'tude's claims of senility were exaggerated. :shock:

[quote name='wubb']Didn't know it wasn't you until you checked the age? I thought 'tude's claims of senility were exaggerated. :shock:[/quote]
I didn't check the age, it was mentioned in the posts in that thread. :roll:

And there's no senility to be had. :oldman:

Hey Shrike, if you get a chance, throw an offer at me either today or tomorrow, so we can hopefully work something out ;)

This way, if we do work out a deal today, I can have my girlfriend drop your package off tomorrow morning before she goes to work.

[quote name='Roufuss']Hey Shrike, if you get a chance, throw an offer at me either today or tomorrow, so we can hopefully work something out ;)

This way, if we do work out a deal today, I can have my girlfriend drop your package off tomorrow morning before she goes to work.[/quote]
Let me think it over and let you know later. :D I'll be around on CAG till around 6PM ET, with work and all. :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242']Let me think it over and let you know later. :D I'll be around on CAG till around 6PM ET, with work and all. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Works for me! The games are in pretty good shape IIRC.. Viva Pinata hasn't even been opened ;) I can snap a few pics if you want too.

Does anyone in here want FEAR for $30?

[quote name='wubb']Didn't know it wasn't you until you checked the age? I thought 'tude's claims of senility were exaggerated. :shock:[/QUOTE]
:lol: Shrike catches a fair amount of shit for being older, but everyone knows it's all in good fun. One day someone is going to cross the line and catch a temp ban though ;).

I got up and went to class today, even though I only have one class and it was raining. When I got there, we have 14 students out of 28 or so and the teacher contimplated canceling class. I said "Oh no, we're going to sit here for our 50 minutes. I woke up and took the 20 mnute drive out here for this one class, so now that we are here, we're going to have class." So we had class :lol:.

i'm in the middle of making eqyptian chickpea soup (my grandmother's exboyfriend's recipe - long story if anyone wants to know) and i ran out of chicken broth. so, we walked over to the speedy mart that's less than a half mile down the road to get me some chicken broth. by the time we got there, picked up the cans of broth and came back (a total of 10 mins, maybe?) our footprints were gone. i figured i should move my car into the garage to make it easier to clean the driveway later, and by the time i cleaned off the back half of the car, the front half was covered again:bomb:

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Hmm. AP Chem, or just Honors Chem. :whistle2:k

I hate registration.[/quote]

go for AP. at my school they had almost the same requirements but honors you couldn't take the AP exam at the end of the year. If it sucks, you can always drop down after classes start.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']go for AP. at my school they had almost the same requirements but honors you couldn't take the AP exam at the end of the year. If it sucks, you can always drop down after classes start.[/quote]

That what I'm thinking. Only problem is, I think I'd be forced to double up on science if I do. For some reason, requirements for AP Chem are different than Honors. And Honors requires a "B" in your current class, a high grade on the science portion of the state assessment test, and teacher reccomendation. They say you need AP Bio done to go into AP chem, but I don't really get why. I don't really want to double up.

I've also got to decide whether to take Pre-Calc or AP Stat next year for math. I wanted to do Liberal Arts/College Algebra, but that a Dual Enrollment class and the local community college won't enroll high school students unless they have a certain score on the math portion of the SAT or ACT. And I haven't taken either.

I took AP Chem, it was probably the toughest course I took in HS. I got a 3 on the test, which unfortunately, didn't amount to anything in my college. Luckily, I'm a film major so it didn't matter much.

So what the hell does eveyone in here do for a living? (Beyond playing games and posting in the OTT :roll: ). I'm bored outta my mind and need something beyond ytmnd to keep me occupied.

I work as a Research Assistant at a major university in the Anatomy department for some guy that's studying rat brain anatomy as it relates to the sense of taste. Sounds interesting but it's really fucking boring! Oh yeah, and I'm a manager at Blockbuster part time too.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']That what I'm thinking. Only problem is, I think I'd be forced to double up on science if I do. For some reason, requirements for AP Chem are different than Honors. And Honors requires a "B" in your current class, a high grade on the science portion of the state assessment test, and teacher reccomendation. They say you need AP Bio done to go into AP chem, but I don't really get why. I don't really want to double up.

I've also got to decide whether to take Pre-Calc or AP Stat next year for math. I wanted to do Liberal Arts/College Algebra, but that a Dual Enrollment class and the local community college won't enroll high school students unless they have a certain score on the math portion of the SAT or ACT. And I haven't taken either.[/quote]

Don't take AP Stat. It's a complete waste of a class unless you're going to major in math or science in college. On top of that it's stressful as fuck if you don't have a good teacher. AP Chem and AP Bio are good to take, especially if you get a 4 or 5, since it'll eliminate your need to take the intro course in college.

[quote name='Warner1281']So what the hell does eveyone in here do for a living? (Beyond playing games and posting in the OTT :roll: ). I'm bored outta my mind and need something beyond ytmnd to keep me occupied.

I work as a Research Assistant at a major university in the Anatomy department for some guy that's studying rat brain anatomy as it relates to the sense of taste. Sounds interesting but it's really fucking boring! Oh yeah, and I'm a manager at Blockbuster part time too.[/QUOTE]

If I haven't explained this before... I'm a full-time student but we do full-time internships for part of the year. I work in marketing and event planning for my university. It's more like I'm the assistant to the person who does it, and thus get tasked with the crappier tasks. But, on the plus side, I have a lot of free time, since my tasks are just what my boss tells me to do.

I also work as an RA for my university, but that's mostly at night/overnight. I also am a supervisor for security here. So, I work 3 jobs at my university... yay.

[quote name='Warner1281']Don't take AP Stat. It's a complete waste of a class unless you're going to major in math or science in college. On top of that it's stressful as fuck if you don't have a good teacher. AP Chem and AP Bio are good to take, especially if you get a 4 or 5, since it'll eliminate your need to take the intro course in college.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that, the BEST HS teacher in our school taught AP Chem, and she loved me and my friends, and she personally picked her class (as in, you had to be invited in, or else she'd hate you forever). So it worked well for me, I wasn't the best student in it at all, but I worked hard in that class (and I took it senior year with a bunch of other blow of classes) so it was pretty much just that class that was kicking my ass the whole year.

[quote name='Warner1281']Don't take AP Stat. It's a complete waste of a class unless you're going to major in math or science in college. On top of that it's stressful as fuck if you don't have a good teacher. AP Chem and AP Bio are good to take, especially if you get a 4 or 5, since it'll eliminate your need to take the intro course in college.[/QUOTE]

Stats is great as everything is done in the calculator. I only needed to take one other math class because I got a 3 on the exam.

[quote name='Warner1281']So what the hell does eveyone in here do for a living? (Beyond playing games and posting in the OTT :roll: ).[/QUOTE]
All I really do is go to school, and I barely do that. I've worked numerous part time jobs but I have this problem where the second I get fed up with a job, I just quit. Part time jobs are a dime a dozen though. If it were a job I planned on keeping, I would put up with some more shit before I got fed up with it.

[quote name='Warner1281']So what the hell does eveyone in here do for a living? (Beyond playing games and posting in the OTT :roll: ). I'm bored outta my mind and need something beyond ytmnd to keep me occupied.

I work as a Research Assistant at a major university in the Anatomy department for some guy that's studying rat brain anatomy as it relates to the sense of taste. Sounds interesting but it's really fucking boring! Oh yeah, and I'm a manager at Blockbuster part time too.[/QUOTE]

Right now, I sell shit on Ebay, and make decent money...no sense getting a job right now when I'm planning on moving in 3 months anyways. On a good week, I can pull over $1,000, but usually I pull anywhere from $500 on up, depending on what I'm selling.

Last week, I only did auctions, and made around $250.

I work at a hardware store. I've been making $10.50 an hour for the last year and I'm thinking it is time for a raise. I think I should be making $12 an hour, $11.50 at least.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Stats is great as everything is done in the calculator. I only needed to take one other math class because I got a 3 on the exam.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking... calculators. Seems easy enough, but it's a shitload of reading. And the AP Stat (and Lib Arts/Col Algebra as well) teacher is my Algebra 2 teacher, and she said there's a quarterly project she assigns. And math is bad enough as it is without any "projects", whatever they may be.

The good thing about her particular Dual Enrollment class is that she teaches it at the HS, so I don't have to drive to the college to do it.

Only bad thing about that whole thing is that apparantly Florida State hates kids who do dual enrollment since it's less money for them, and Stetson won't even take DE kids.

Oh well. Free college class is nice.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']And where exactly does this all this ebay shit come from?[/QUOTE]
He steals it, ofcourse. How else do you think he makes a profit?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']And where exactly does this all this ebay shit come from?[/quote]

Yeah... 500 dollars a week on shit that you've got laying around the house? How the hell did you leave in the damn house?

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Yeah... 500 dollars a week on shit that you've got laying around the house? How the hell did you leave in the damn house?[/quote]

Nah. Obviously you've been one of the lucky ones that hasn't fallen wrath to his scheme. What he does is set up a trade/sale with you and then when he gets your address he drives to your place, ala astronaught lady style (w/ diaper and all), steals your games, and then sells em on ebay.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']And where exactly does this all this ebay shit come from?[/QUOTE]

My personal collection... I had a ton of games, over 1,000, and all of them were complete and mint for the most part.

Occasionally a clearance / rare item would come along and I'd sell that, but it's mostly been my own collection that I'm not planning on moving with me and would rather have the money.

The only "rare" thing I'm keeping, as of right now, is my sealed MGS 3 LE.

[quote name='Warner1281']Nah. Obviously you've been one of the lucky ones that hasn't fallen wrath to his scheme. What he does is set up a trade/sale with you and then when he gets your address he drives to your place, ala astronaught lady style (w/ diaper and all), steals your games, and then sells em on ebay.[/quote]

Why didn't I think of that?! It's quite obviously the only explanation.

Rouf, you've been outed.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Why didn't I think of that?! It's quite obviously the only explanation.

Rouf, you've been outed.[/QUOTE]

My car is a piece of shit, I don't think it would make the drive to anyone's house, espicially multiple cross country style drivings ;)

There are people on here who do Ebay for a living though, hitting up clearances and sales and shit, and they do ok at it.

Being a last-minute substitute teacher is quite erm interesting, especially when I'm a college freshman and it's for four classes of 7th graders. On maa lunch breakk

[quote name='crazytalkx']Being a last-minute substitute teacher is quite erm interesting, especially when I'm a college freshman and it's for four classes of 7th graders. On maa lunch breakk[/QUOTE]
Lol. Here in VA all you have to do to become a substitue teacher is to have attemted something like 12 credit hours in college(Yes, attempted, not completed).

[quote name='Roufuss']My car is a piece of shit, I don't think it would make the drive to anyone's house, espicially multiple cross country style drivings ;)

There are people on here who do Ebay for a living though, hitting up clearances and sales and shit, and they do ok at it.[/QUOTE]

I'd considered doing something like this... but I'm not enough of a jerk to steal all the deals off here and buy 20 copies of everything on sale. There's already a whole site for that... FW...

[quote name='lordwow']I'd considered doing something like this... but I'm not enough of a jerk to steal all the deals off here and buy 20 copies of everything on sale. There's already a whole site for that... FW...[/QUOTE]

More people do it then you might think. I've done it plenty of times... I don't ever clean out a store, and I still offer deals to CAG's I know, but things like that K-Mart clearance, I made about $200 off of that and kept about 8 of the games (I ended up selling those too, save for a Halo Triple Pack and Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction).

These days, I just grab extras so I can break even on what I'm buying and get my games for free. This is what I did at the most recent TRU clearance.

I got one copy of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for $12.48 at Target, and grabbed two other ones... selling them for $20 a pop, already sold 1, just need to sell the other and I'll break even and get to keep a free game. Even if I don't sell the other one and return it, it drops down my personal copy to something like $7. But it'll sell, with some luck.

I'll miss Tampa Bay when I move, the only good thing about it is there is 3 + of every major chain here so it was easy to grab a deal.

[quote name='Roufuss']More people do it then you might think. I've done it plenty of times... I don't ever clean out a store, and I still offer deals to CAG's I know, but things like that K-Mart clearance, I made about $200 off of that and kept about 8 of the games (I ended up selling those too, save for a Halo Triple Pack and Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction).

These days, I just grab extras so I can break even on what I'm buying and get my games for free. This is what I did at the most recent TRU clearance.

I got one copy of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for $12.48 at Target, and grabbed two other ones... selling them for $20 a pop, already sold 1, just need to sell the other and I'll break even and get to keep a free game. Even if I don't sell the other one and return it, it drops down my personal copy to something like $7. But it'll sell, with some luck.

I'll miss Tampa Bay when I move, the only good thing about it is there is 3 + of every major chain here so it was easy to grab a deal.[/QUOTE]

Ya, this is what makes it impossible for me to get deals. I'm limited to about 5 Best Buys and that's it.

[quote name='lordwow']Ya, this is what makes it impossible for me to get deals. I'm limited to about 5 Best Buys and that's it.[/QUOTE]

Hm... I think I have...

5 Best Buy's
5 Circuit City's (I think 5 now)
8 or 9 Target's
A bajillion Wal-Mart's
Another bajillion EB's / GS's
Some Gamerush's
Some Moviestop's
8 K-Mart's

All within an hour drive. The only thing we're missing is Gamecrazy.

Eh. I prefer to buy my own shit and hope other people do the same. When twelve people just buy 1 extra to break even, no one else gets anything.

[quote name='Roufuss']Hm... I think I have...

5 Best Buy's
5 Circuit City's (I think 5 now)
8 or 9 Target's
A bajillion Wal-Mart's
Another bajillion EB's / GS's
Some Gamerush's
Some Moviestop's
8 K-Mart's

All within an hour drive. The only thing we're missing is Gamecrazy.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I mean, I guess we have a lot within an hour's drive, I just don't drive (Boston has a great public transit system).

If I recall when I was down there last year, isn't like... Orlando an hour away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back