If one does what OTT does enough times, one will become as OTT is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sixersballernum3']Eh. I prefer to buy my own shit and hope other people do the same. When twelve people just buy 1 extra to break even, no one else gets anything.[/QUOTE]

It's no different then the people who are buying 5 extra to trade with on CAG... at most, I only buy 2 extra of what I'm buying, but usually it's only one extra.

I've seen people clear out an entire clearance to trade other people at an inflated amount of worth, and those people are always in the clear.

Orlando is an hour away but I tend to steer clear of Orlando.

The only trading I try to do on CAG is on here... I'm only offering FEAR to the OTT and if no one wants it, I'll put it on Ebay. Same with if Shrike ends up not wanting the Oblivion.

[quote name='Warner1281']So what the hell does eveyone in here do for a living? (Beyond playing games and posting in the OTT :roll: ). [/quote]
I just got laid off on March 1. I worked as a subcontractor for the County Department of Health administering a federal program that provided primary medical care, support services and medications to uninsured/underinsured people with HIV/AIDS. Unfortunately, Senator Barton (R-Tx) thought that NY didn't need as much money for treating people with HIV/AIDS even though NY has more cases of HIV/AIDS then the next three largest cities combined. I've got a MS in Healthcare Administration and a BS in Health Science. I'm looking to get another job in my field, but not through an entirely grant-funded agency so that I won't be laid off like this agian (lemme tell you, it sucks donkey dong).

*EDIT* speaking of which, I just got a phone call from Phoenix, AZ for the job I applied for there. It would be exactly the same position that I just got laid of from, but it pays $12k/year more. They're doing interviews next week and wanted to see how we could work out an interview. They're gonna do a phone interview and depending on how that goes, I might be flying out to Phoenix two weeks from now!

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']I just got laid off on March 1. I worked as a subcontractor for the County Department of Health administering a federal program that provided primary medical care, support services and medications to uninsured/underinsured people with HIV/AIDS. Unfortunately, Senator Barton (R-Tx) thought that NY didn't need as much money for treating people with HIV/AIDS even though NY has more cases of HIV/AIDS then the next three largest cities combined. I've got a MS in Healthcare Administration and a BS in Health Science. I'm looking to get another job in my field, but not through an entirely grant-funded agency so that I won't be laid off like this agian (lemme tell you, it sucks donkey dong).[/QUOTE]

That sucks. Not that it's a huge indicator of anything, but I'm amazed at how many of my friends with masters are unable to find jobs in their field.

[quote name='lordwow']That sucks. Not that it's a huge indicator of anything, but I'm amazed at how many of my friends with masters are unable to find jobs in their field.[/QUOTE]
So I said this yesterday I think, but I'll say it again...

"And then the valley was flooded with the blood of the sinners." :lol:

Apparently 4-6 years of college isn't enough anymore.

[quote name='Eviltude']So I said this yesterday I think, but I'll say it again...

Apparently 4-6 years of college isn't enough anymore.[/quote]

with my field, everyone wants 5-7 years experience for all the jobs. how the fuck do you get 5-7 years of healthcare management experience if no one will hire you as a manager without 5-7 years of experience? fuckers.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']
*EDIT* speaking of which, I just got a phone call from Phoenix, AZ for the job I applied for there. It would be exactly the same position that I just got laid of from, but it pays $12k/year more. They're doing interviews next week and wanted to see how we could work out an interview. They're gonna do a phone interview and depending on how that goes, I might be flying out to Phoenix two weeks from now![/quote]

Nice! That's awesome. I wish you luck!

Ryles, what exactly do you at the hardware store? $12 seems to be an awful lot for a regular clerk. Then again, I don't even know what the US wide minimum wage is these days.

As for me, I'm in IT. I work for a big company doing technical support (sort of like strell, but in person for really nice people who really appreciate it). I also do a fair amount of coding new tools, automation, and other solutions.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Nice! That's awesome. I wish you luck![/quote]

thanks! now, i need to worry about what the fuck i'd do if i actually get the job.... because now it's a realistic possibility. Relocating cross country with a retarded Yellow Lab as my co-piolet? chances are, he can't read the map. AND, lionhart still has another year left in his IBM contract.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']elaborate.[/quote]Sorting out phone invoices with incorrect billing with two parts of the same company is enough to make most peoples' heads explode, Scanners-style.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']*EDIT* speaking of which, I just got a phone call from Phoenix, AZ for the job I applied for there. It would be exactly the same position that I just got laid of from, but it pays $12k/year more. They're doing interviews next week and wanted to see how we could work out an interview. They're gonna do a phone interview and depending on how that goes, I might be flying out to Phoenix two weeks from now![/quote]
Change planes in St. Louis and I'll say hello. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']Change planes in St. Louis and I'll say hello. :D[/quote]

looking at the driving directions, i'd go right through St Louis ;)

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']looking at the driving directions, i'd go right through St Louis ;)[/quote]
Same offer, different transportation method. ;)

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']THis new Burger King sammich is mighty tasty.[/quote]

[quote name='shrike4242']That faint SPLAT sound you hear in the distance is my headSneaky's heart exploding. :wall:[/QUOTE]
Fixed. :lol:

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Ryles, what exactly do you at the hardware store? $12 seems to be an awful lot for a regular clerk. Then again, I don't even know what the US wide minimum wage is these days.

As for me, I'm in IT. I work for a big company doing technical support (sort of like strell, but in person for really nice people who really appreciate it). I also do a fair amount of coding new tools, automation, and other solutions.[/QUOTE]

More than Clerk work. I basically do it all there. If someone needs help with plumbing I will help them out, they need help in electrical I help them out. You need help with paint? I can help you with that. I run the lawn and garden dept. at the store. So basically it is now my time of the year. It's my job to keep fertilizer and all the pest control and weed killer up to stock. Also a bunch of people are starting up on their sprinkler systems and fixing all their broken pipes. I can help you with that.

And ya I run the cash register too.

And really my raise is just more along the lines of keeping things even. As of now I am getting paid the same amount as the newer people around who are asking me for help. "Hey where's this at?" "Hey how's this work?" "Can you come help me back in rental?"

Then there are the people that have been working there for longer than I have and I know they are making $12-14 an hour. And I regularly do more work then they do so I think my $12 raise is justified.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']THis new Burger King sammich is mighty tasty.[/QUOTE]

what kind of sammich is it? I'm a regular at BK so I am shocked I haven't heard of this.

[quote name='mr ryles']what kind of sammich is it? I'm a regular at BK so I am shocked I haven't heard of this.[/quote]

It's this new cheesy angus bacon burger, with pepper jack, american, and cheese sauce.

I'm gonna be a diabetic by 20, and dead by 25.

My egyptian chickpea soup is made, so are 2 loaves of Irish Soda Bread. Unfortunately, I forgot I called in the service plan on my camera and it's at Circuit City (or whoever they contract with) being repaired. Should be back any day now. Not missing much though. The soup looks like baby poop (brown and mushy) and the soda bread came out mediocre. It was my first attempt at ever making it, next time I'll go with a different recipe.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']It's this new cheesy angus bacon burger, with pepper jack, american, and cheese sauce.

I'm gonna be a diabetic by 20, and dead by 25.[/QUOTE]

ya I seen that last time I was there, I wasn't a fan of the angus burger so I doubt I will try this new one.

[quote name='Eviltude']So I said this yesterday I think, but I'll say it again...

Apparently 4-6 years of college isn't enough anymore.[/quote]

The problem isn't that 4-6 years isn't enough schooling, but rather too much schooling. When you have a BS/BA you are pretty much hirable for any position (experience not withstanding). Once you get a MS or PhD, you've specialized so much, that the only way someone will pay you more than they would pay someone with a BS is that you have the experience to do EXACTLY what they want. For example, in the field of Biology, I have a BS in just general Biology with experience in just about every field. When applying for jobs, I was called in for a large number of interviews (I applied for 80 jobs and got 20 interviews). If someone with a MS were to try to find 80 jobs to apply for, 75 of them wouldn't even give him a 2nd look since he doesn't EXACTLY match the criteria they need. So in reality, he only qualified for 5 positions (while I qualified for 80) and will be lucky if he gets an interview for 2 of those positions.

Overall, the higher your education, the less chance of you getting a job. But if you do get one, then the education was worth it since you'll be making major bucks.

Even though the job talk has sort of died down:

I work at The Gallup Organization, doing surveys with people over the phone. I went on leave December 15, and I haven't been back. I really should go back, as I need the money. Other than that, I eBay shit whenever possible. Also, I am looking for a new job. Being 19 and going to college, my options are limited.

[quote name='prmononoke']Even though the job talk has sort of died down:

I work at The Gallup Organization, doing surveys with people over the phone. I went on leave December 15, and I haven't been back. I really should go back, as I need the money. Other than that, I eBay shit whenever possible. Also, I am looking for a new job. Being 19 and going to college, my options are limited.[/QUOTE]
That doesn't sound like too bad of a job. Yeah, doing surveys with random people might suck, but atleast you work for a well known and respected organization.

[quote name='Eviltude']That doesn't sound like too bad of a job. Yeah, doing surveys with random people might suck, but atleast you work for a well known and respected organization.[/quote]

The "doing surveys with random people" is the core of my job, and yeah, it does suck. It wouldn't suck if I wasn't payed on commission, but on bad days, the job is awful. Fortunately there are a ton of benefits. I can make my own schedule and basically come and go as I please. We can play video games (only handheld) and watch tv. There are also a ton of oppurtunities for bonuses. Regardless, the reason I work there is to make money, and when that's not happening, it sucks.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Just got back in from seeing 300. Man did that movie fucking rock![/quote]

Indeed.

[quote name='mr ryles']that slut has one of the wackest accents I have ever heard.[/quote]

Exactly what I thought. Among many other things, like "You dumb bitch."

my irish soda bread isn't crumbly. it's wierd. right taste, wrong texture/consistency. it's definately done though, it was evenly golden-brown on top.

Well holy shit, I just realized who that "IMMA HAF MA BABAY!" girl reminds reminds me of: Cartman.

[quote name='Cartman']Maury, I am out of control. Yeah, I use drugs. I can do what I waunt, biatch! Yeah, I have sex, and I don't use protection! It's my hot body; I'll do what I waunt! I don't go to school and I kill people! What-evah! I'll do what I waunt![/quote]

[quote name='shrike4242']Same offer, different transportation method. ;)[/quote]

you say that now....

how would I go about figuring out hotels/motels across the country that allow pets?

[quote name='prmononoke']Oh holy shit, it looks like I got an A in Intro to Philosophy. I must have gotten at least an 80 on the final then.[/quote]

Congrants, pr!

If I ever get around to going to college, I'm probably gonna take courses in Phlisophy. I've even considered a degree in it, but really, is it worth a thing in the real world...not really. Its like a Poly-Sci degree, it doesn't mean shit outside of college...

But of course, when I do decide to go back to school, if I'm paying for it, I'm taking what I want to take. Screw it if it doesn't mean shit on a resume, I just want to take things that I enjoy and are deeply interested in...

[quote name='prmononoke']Oh holy shit, it looks like I got an A in Intro to Philosophy. I must have gotten at least an 80 on the final then.[/QUOTE]

You have exited the Cave. Your momentary blindness will soon disappear, and you will know the True Form of Things.

My hours suck dick:

Friday night (tonight):

5:00 PM - ~7:30 PM
9:30 PM - ~1:30 AM

Saturday:

7:00 AM - 10: AM
3:00 PM - ??????
7:15 PM - ??????

What the Hell was my boss thinking?

[quote name='Brak']My hours suck dick:

Friday night (tonight):

5:00 PM - ~7:30 PM
9:30 PM - ~1:30 AM

Saturday:

7:00 AM - 10: AM
3:00 PM - ??????
7:15 PM - ??????

What the Hell was my boss thinking?[/QUOTE]How much he hates you?

[quote name='LiquidNight']How much he hates you?[/QUOTE]
I think he thought something more along the lines of, "I'm going on vacation on a cruise! fuck it!"

And this had to happen during GRAW 2 weekend. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Brak']I think he thought something more along the lines of, "I'm going on vacation on a cruise! fuck it!"

And this had to happen during GRAW 2 weekend. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]Either way, that sucks.

This might help cheer you up: my 5 year old cousin just got clawed on the face by my cat, despite repeated warnings to stop messing with it :lol:.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Congrants, pr!

If I ever get around to going to college, I'm probably gonna take courses in Phlisophy. I've even considered a degree in it, but really, is it worth a thing in the real world...not really. Its like a Poly-Sci degree, it doesn't mean shit outside of college...

But of course, when I do decide to go back to school, if I'm paying for it, I'm taking what I want to take. Screw it if it doesn't mean shit on a resume, I just want to take things that I enjoy and are deeply interested in...[/quote]

Thanks.

My dad has a PhD in philosophy, and yeah, it's pretty much useless. Fortunately that isn't my major. Actually, interestingly enough, I got a 50 on my midterm, and he allowed us to write an extra paper to make up for it. I got a 90 on that, so that really helped.

[quote name='Strell']You have exited the Cave. Your momentary blindness will soon disappear, and you will know the True Form of Things.[/quote]

What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back