If one does what OTT does enough times, one will become as OTT is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='wubb']You didn't just blind buy it for $2? You sir, are a true cheap ass.[/quote]

Haha. Well, I was considering it, but I already had the two games in my hands and didn't think it'd be too fun. In retrospect, it's only two dollars, and can't be too bad for that price.

Oh well. There were 2 left. If there's one tomorrow, I'll pick it up.

If anyone wants one, I'd be glad to pick it up for you for 5 bucks shipped or so if there's still 2 there. Shipping shouldbe something like 3 bucks for priority and DC.

Let me know! :]

The only other cheap games were Whack a Mole for like 10 bucks... boo!

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Haha. Well, I was considering it, but I already had the two games in my hands and didn't think it'd be too fun. In retrospect, it's only two dollars, and can't be too bad for that price.

Oh well. There were 2 left. If there's one tomorrow, I'll pick it up.

If anyone wants one, I'd be glad to pick it up for you for 5 bucks shipped or so if there's still 2 there. Shipping shouldbe something like 3 bucks for priority and DC.

Let me know! :]

The only other cheap games were Whack a Mole for like 10 bucks... boo![/quote]
Uh, priority mail starts at $4+. First class w/DC would be in the range of $3.

[quote name='shrike4242']Uh, priority mail starts at $4+. First class w/DC would be in the range of $3.[/quote]

Really? I don't remember paying that much for the flat rate envelopes. Huh.

Priority will run you $4.05 plus ~$0.60 for DC. Unless you print your labels, then DC is free on Priority.

But a DS game can be shipped first class for under $2. Retail DC would bump it over.

shrike beat me to it. :lol:

[quote name='wubb']Priority will run you $4.05 plus ~$0.60 for DC. Unless you print your labels, then DC is free on Priority.

But a DS game can be shipped first class for under $2. Retail DC would bump it over.

shrike beat me to it. :lol:[/quote]
I knew it was either you or me that would set him right. :D

[quote name='FriskyTanuki'] Regardless of how he's doing it, it's pretty pathetic to me. He should find another board (GameFAQ?) to brag about it.[/quote]

Proxy.

I don't know for sure, but I doubt an IP ban would keep you from viewing the forums. It would just stop you from registering an account. So no proxy needed to just lurk.

Well, I don't know how this board runs, but I know on an old board that I got banned from, it wouldn't let me view them since I was banned until I cleared my cookies, therefore it forgetting I was the banned account.

I'd assume that with an IP ban, it won't let you view it at all as long as you're on that IP address that is banned.

But honestly, I don't know. Just assuming.

[quote name='The Crotch']I'd just like to congratulate the good Admiral for his daring custom user title. Those guys were gay, even by Greek standards.[/QUOTE]

Let's put it this way. The Spartans were the Gayest of the Greeks. I laughed when Lionidas made that crack about the Athenians in the 300. Because the rest of Greeks thought the Spartans were Gay, and this is in a society with a much different view of sexuality than we have.

The Spartans were so Gay, they weren't having enough babies. So Sparta passed a law that shortly after marriage, the Spartan wife had to shave her head, dress in the traditional garb of a little boy, meet in a "special place," and then be pursued by their husband like they were trying to escape being raped. They had to do all that, just to get their husbands to have sex with them. Even though Spartan women were considered the most beautiful women in the Greek world (see Helen of Troy) due to their regimented calisthenics program.

Oh yeah, the Spartans may have been badasses, but they were gay. Big time!

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Well, I don't know how this board runs, but I know on an old board that I got banned from, it wouldn't let me view them since I was banned until I cleared my cookies, therefore it forgetting I was the banned account.

I'd assume that with an IP ban, it won't let you view it at all as long as you're on that IP address that is banned.

But honestly, I don't know. Just assuming.[/quote]

unless you want him back here under a different alias, i suggest you stop giving him ideas on how to beat the system.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Let's put it this way. The Spartans were the Gayest of the Greeks. I laughed when Lionidas made that crack about the Athenians in the 300. Because the rest of Greeks thought the Spartans were Gay, and this is in a society with a much different view of sexuality than we have.

The Spartans were so Gay, they weren't having enough babies. So Sparta passed a law that shortly after marriage, the Spartan wife had to shave her head, dress in the traditional garb of a little boy, meet in a "special place," and then be pursued by their husband like they were trying to escape being raped. They had to do all that, just to get their husbands to have sex with them. Even though Spartan women were considered the most beautiful women in the Greek world (see Helen of Troy) due to their regimented calisthenics program.

Oh yeah, the Spartans may have been badasses, but they were gay. Big time![/QUOTE]

Is that for real? :lol:

Thanks for the comments, Shrike. I only knew he was IP banned and permabanned because I heard it from jPoD himself. :roll:

[quote name='Roufuss']Why you tell me to fuck myself? I'm only offering a good deal :([/quote]
Cause I just spent the $30 i had on R6:V, and I've been wanting FEAR for a while now too :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I stuffed 5 games in one of those things last time I traded with zion. :cool: :lol:[/quote]

ya they're the bestest :) I like them when selling textbooks because books can be HELLA HEAVY even though they're relatively small. you just stuff that shit in there and you're done.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']unless you want him back here under a different alias, i suggest you stop giving him ideas on how to beat the system.[/quote]

Just sayin'.

The Boondocks Season 1 DVD is kind of disappointing. Only five commentaries (of the 15 episodes included) and a small number of special features that are only on the first disc.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Boondocks Season 1 DVD is kind of disappointing if you're into special features or commentary. Only five commentaries (of the 15 episodes included) and a small number of special features that are only on the first disc.[/quote]

Fix'd.

Personally, I'm not into commentary tracks and special features usually suck, unless they're for epic movies where they can have enough materials to make a cool "making of" or "history behind" segment of decent length.

The only other special feature I've ever cared enough to check out were deleted scenes/alternate endings and those are usually letdowns as well.

I listen to commentaries on just about everything I enjoy. Haven't gotten around to Clerks II, though.

Damn, I think I own too many t-shirts. I'm currently doing a full load of laundry, all t-shirts and socks ( :lol: ) and I look on the rack and I have 28 others (yes, I counted) hanging there, not to mention folded stuff.

I've only bought three t's in the past 6 months IIRC.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Fix'd.

Personally, I'm not into commentary tracks and special features usually suck, unless they're for epic movies where they can have enough materials to make a cool "making of" or "history behind" segment of decent length.

The only other special feature I've ever cared enough to check out were deleted scenes/alternate endings and those are usually letdowns as well.[/quote]
The show kicks ass, but I expect a great overall package for every TV show on DVD. The Simpsons and Futurama DVDs got it perfectly with lots of special features, commentary for every episode, and the shows themselves are great to watch. There's no excuse for any current show to not do commentary on every episode. Anything less is disappointing. It's only crew in the commentaries and no voice actors, which adds to the disappointment.

Uncle Ruckus even has two commentaries on the DVDs, which I need to check out.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I listen to commentaries on just about everything I enjoy. Haven't gotten around to Clerks II, though.

Damn, I think I own too many t-shirts. I'm currently doing a full load of laundry, all t-shirts and socks ( :lol: ) and I look on the rack and I have 28 others (yes, I counted) hanging there, not to mention folded stuff.

I've only bought three t's in the past 6 months IIRC.[/quote]
Ironically, I just listened to one of the commentaries on Clerks II (the one with the cast) last night and it was pretty good. The only downpoint is that they didn't talk too much about what was going on in the movie much.

Borat's additional scenes are great (for the most part) but I agree that often there is a very good reason those deleted scenes were deleted.

So my folks got back from the bar. The liquor control board wanted to come to the closed bar so they can get the liquor license holder back. So basically my folks had to leave dinner so the state liquor control board could get a piece of plastic back. Only because its a piece of government property.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The show kicks ass, but I expect a great overall package for every TV show on DVD. The Simpsons and Futurama DVDs got it perfectly with lots of special features, commentary for every episode, and the shows themselves are great to watch. There's no excuse for any current show to not do commentary on every episode. Anything less is disappointing. It's only crew in the commentaries and no voice actors, which adds to the disappointment.
[/QUOTE]

I agree that commentaries on every episode is a nice touch, but it's just not gonna happen for a lot of shows. I guess if studios start writing it in as part of the actor's contracts. Personally I'd generally rather have the DVDs just come out in a timely manner and if that means commentaries don't work out, so be it.

Aren't the commentaries on every episode one of the reasons the Simpson's sets took so long between seasons in the beginning? (It's possible I'm just pulling that out of the air, but I think I heard that somewhere - maybe on a Simpson's commentary?) Guess they have that worked out now as they bring them out at a nice clip these days. The Simpson's commentaries can be pretty good. Jackass has a good commentary track as well.

from 7-8pm i shoveled the driveway, front walk, and a path out the backyard to the dog's bathroom spot. now it's 11:30pm and i can't see the front steps except for the very top step. fuck.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']from 7-8pm i shoveled the driveway, front walk, and a path out the backyard to the dog's bathroom spot. now it's 11:30pm and i can't see the front steps except for the very top step. fuck.[/quote]You know, there's not much snow in AZ. :rofl:

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']from 7-8pm i shoveled the driveway, front walk, and a path out the backyard to the dog's bathroom spot. now it's 11:30pm and i can't see the front steps except for the very top step. fuck.[/QUOTE]

Global warming is such a pain. We must stop releasing green house gases into the atmosphere!

[quote name='shrike4242']You know, there's not much snow in AZ. :rofl:[/quote]

seriously. apprently, there's a ski resort on a mountain about a 2-3 hour drive from Phoenix. from what I hear, it's similar to East Coast skiing except a lot more crowded. fun.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']from 7-8pm i shoveled the driveway, front walk, and a path out the backyard to the dog's bathroom spot. now it's 11:30pm and i can't see the front steps except for the very top step. fuck.[/quote]

Must've missed around here then, thank lucifer :lol:

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Northeastern's SpringFest is going to kick so much ass:
Nas
Lupe Fiasco
Gym Class Heroes
RJD2.

:) Can't wait.[/QUOTE]Nice.

I just got back from seeing Public Enemy. Good shit.
Happy birthday, Flavor Flaaaaaaaaaave! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah boooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']seriously. apprently, there's a ski resort on a mountain about a 2-3 hour drive from Phoenix. from what I hear, it's similar to East Coast skiing except a lot more crowded. fun.[/quote]Plenty of snow, just not on your front doorstep.

[quote name='wubb']I agree that commentaries on every episode is a nice touch, but it's just not gonna happen for a lot of shows. I guess if studios start writing it in as part of the actor's contracts. Personally I'd generally rather have the DVDs just come out in a timely manner and if that means commentaries don't work out, so be it.

Aren't the commentaries on every episode one of the reasons the Simpson's sets took so long between seasons in the beginning? (It's possible I'm just pulling that out of the air, but I think I heard that somewhere - maybe on a Simpson's commentary?) Guess they have that worked out now as they bring them out at a nice clip these days. The Simpson's commentaries can be pretty good. Jackass has a good commentary track as well.[/quote]
Maybe I'm just spoiled by what Matt Groening's done for the DVDs of his shows, but it's something I prefer to have. It's especially disappointing when the limited amount of commentaries they include are really good, which makes me wish that they'd have taken the time to do more for the rest of the episodes (Arrested Development, Home Movies, Prison Break, Mission Hill, South Park (they do commentaries for them all, but only 5 minutes of commentary)). If they can't do that, it should be dirt cheap rather than being as expensive as they usually are.

Edit: American Dad also has commentary for every episode and it was cheap as dirt ($12 when it came out).

[quote name='shrike4242']Plenty of snow, just not on your front doorstep.[/quote]

i can't even see my front doorstep :bomb:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Maybe I'm just spoiled by what Matt Groening's done for the DVDs of his shows, but it's something I prefer to have.[/quote]
What still pisses me off is packaging. I wish they'd put out more box sets like the Futurama packaging. The Mike Judge Beavis & Butthead collections sort of got it right... until they released all of the volumes as one big collection (fuckERS!).

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']What still pisses me off is packaging. I wish they'd put out more box sets like the Futurama packaging. The Mike Judge Beavis & Butthead collections sort of got it right... until they released all of the volumes as one big collection (fuckERS!).[/quote] Packaging isn't much of a concern for me. The fact that they're all pretty uniform in presentation is nice, expect for the Homer's Head version of Season 6.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Packaging isn't much of a concern for me. The fact that they're all pretty uniform in presentation is nice, expect for the Homer's Head version of Season 6.[/quote]

only if you didn't get the alternate case ;)

I just watched Babel, and I actually really liked it. Understandable why some wouldn't, but I thought it was great.

I think I'm going to start Elfen Lied pretty soon. I'll probably watch the first disc tonight.

lionhart is trying to kill himself. he's outside shoveling. in a tshirt. it's 22 degrees out. the snow is up past my knees. we tried to let the dog out and the snow was so deep i couldn't get the door open. i shoveled it out, along with a path for the dog at 8pm, mindyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back