It's not the end of GGT 137, but you can see it from here

My backlog has shrunk quite a bit, surprisingly. I have a couple of PSN games to start/finish, but otherwise I'm much better off than I was a couple years ago. I still have a couple of PS2 games and RPGs I know I'll never finish (P4, Valkyria Chronicles) but I don't feel too bad about buying games anymore.

Hooray for disposable income.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Wow, Microsoft should seriously stop with this timed exclusive DLC. I mean ok I can see maybe GTA IV but just about every Bethesda game is better on PC. [/QUOTE]

If a had a nice PC I would probably get it there too, but I don't so I'm getting a console version, and like I said, this might convince me to get it for 360 over PS3 (since assuming the DLC is good I'll probably want to play it, i.e. Shivering Isles good).

[quote name='icebeast']If a had a nice PC I would probably get it there too, but I don't so I'm getting a console version, and like I said, this might convince me to get it for 360 over PS3 (since assuming the DLC is good I'll probably want to play it, i.e. Shivering Isles good).[/QUOTE]

Take the $150 you plan to spend and put it toward that nice PC you keep talking about building.

[quote name='distgfx']Take the $150 you plan to spend and put it toward that nice PC you keep talking about building.[/QUOTE]

You mean $60. For a game I want to buy when it comes out, so waiting around till I can save up enough for a new PC defeats the point, hopefully I'll have a newer computer by the time Diablo III comes out though.

--

Apparently I'm not in an evacuation zone which is nice, right near some though, but luckily I'm on the second level. All NYC public transit is shutting down at noon tomorrow, but I wasn't planning on going anywhere.

[quote name='icebeast']You mean $60. For a game I want to buy when it comes out, so waiting around till I can save up enough for a new PC defeats the point, hopefully I'll have a newer computer by the time Diablo III comes out though.[/QUOTE]

You keep talking, but all I hear is "I want to buy a new PC so I can play Skyrim at its best!"

[quote name='distgfx']You keep talking, but all I hear is "I want to buy a new PC so I can play Skyrim at its best!"[/QUOTE]

I don't need "the best" I just want to play a game that's fun, and Oblivion was plenty fun on 360.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I'm not buying any games this semester =D

100% Tribes Ascend.[/QUOTE]

I think you and I are the only people in the GGT who are interested in Tribes.

I'm also semi-interested in Firefall, although I that fits into a bit of a different genre than Tribes.

[quote name='icebeast']I don't need "the best" I just want to play a game that's fun, and Oblivion was plenty fun on 360.[/QUOTE]

But you deserve the best ... don't you?

So guys, Amazon was selling Deus Ex HR for $35 (PC, duh) and I bought it because I had credit there. I didn't want to spend real money on it, but I'll spend credit on it! I just thought you all would like to know about the meaningless purchase I made.

[quote name='distgfx']But you deserve the best ... don't you?[/QUOTE]

Not when "the best" is going to cost me around $1000+ vs $60.

Best for me is playing it on my 50" HDTV while lounging on my couch. You guys can have the better graphics and modding ability. :D

[quote name='distgfx']You're off by $400+.[/QUOTE]

Not really, I don't even have a case, monitor, or keyboard for a PC. All I have right now is a laptop. And that stuff could easily cost close to $400 in addition to what I'd actually put into it.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Best for me is playing it on my 50" HDTV while lounging on my couch. You guys can have the better graphics and modding ability. :D[/QUOTE]

HTPC = Comfy couch + 50" HDTV + Better graphic + Modding.

[quote name='icebeast']Not really, I don't even have a case, monitor, or keyboard for a PC. All I have right now is a laptop. And that stuff could easily cost close to $400 in addition to what I'd actually put into it.[/QUOTE]

Case = $60
Monitor = $120
Keyboard = $15

$195 isn't even half of $400!

Well if you want to spoil yourself, a nicer monitor would be $175.

And a case is generally included in the cost of buying a tower. I'd say $600 to build a magnificent beast. If you just wanted to play WoW and Source games, probably half of that.

[quote name='distgfx']HTPC = Comfy couch + 50" HDTV + Better graphic + Modding.
[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Just too much hassle for me since I don't care about having the best graphics, and don't care at all about modding personally. So I've never had much interest in putting together an HTPC since I'm all set with my 360, DirecTV and a Bluray player.

But certainly an option for people into PC games who want to game on a big screen and couch.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Well if you want to spoil yourself, a nicer monitor would be $175.

And a case is generally included in the cost of buying a tower. I'd say $600 to build a magnificent beast. If you just wanted to play WoW and Source games, probably half of that.[/QUOTE]

Yo dawg, let's do some real math here. That $600 is gonna magically turn into $2000.

The problem is people already buy a computer at some point (a laptop, a desktop, $400-600 for school, work, and some Warcraft III here and there), when they could of payed the same amount for a very powerful gaming PC that's easy to upgrade.

Then you have the predicament of already owning a computer, and not wanting to drop so much on another one.

The solution? Education. People still pay $40 at gamestop for HDMI cables, afterall.

--

But were still going to buy consoles anyways, as long as they keep having awesome exclusives.

[quote name='panzerfaust']The problem is people already buy a computer at some point (a laptop, a desktop, $400-600 for school, work, and some Warcraft III here and there), when they could of payed the same amount for a very powerful gaming PC that's easy to upgrade.

Then you have the predicament of already owning a computer, and not wanting to drop so much on another one.

The solution? Education. People still pay $40 at gamestop for HDMI cables, afterall.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... indeed, I just told icebeast that when he starts buying PC parts to consult hank and I first, lol.

EDIT: Apparently my $120 monitor is $150, close enough!

[quote name='distgfx']
So guys, Amazon was selling Deus Ex HR for $35 (PC, duh) and I bought it because I had credit there. I didn't want to spend real money on it, but I'll spend credit on it! I just thought you all would like to know about the meaningless purchase I made.[/QUOTE]

I approve of this purchase.

[quote name='icebeast']If a had a nice PC I would probably get it there too, but I don't so I'm getting a console version, and like I said, this might convince me to get it for 360 over PS3 (since assuming the DLC is good I'll probably want to play it, i.e. Shivering Isles good).[/QUOTE]

Y U No haz Nice PC?? U develop Gamez!! :cold:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Surprised that PA announced the continuation of the Penny Arcade Adventures series with Zeboyd (Cthulu Saves the World, Breath of Death VII).[/QUOTE]
So was I! I'm so stoked for it!

----
I also approve of the purchase of Deus Ex. It's a nice game. Reminds me of Robocop.

finally ordered an external HDD

I forget how nice amazon prime is with cheap as fuck one day shipping.

Next two things on my list to get are:

A bike (college town)

and a Laptop for development and prototyping coding and hardware shit

Taking a class focused on sensors and circuits so I hope to implement it into my programs

also considering getting a Kinect... anyone know if the implementation of it into Processing is a pain in the ass or not that hard?

p.s. Later today I might finally fucking own a pug myself.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I also approve of the purchase of Deus Ex. It's a nice game. Reminds me of Robocop.[/QUOTE]

Now I really regret it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']fuuuuck. 54/55. Why does Chun-Li's super jump cancel elude me so?[/QUOTE]

I said it on AIM and I'll say it again.

"it eludes you because you've never messed with ibuki or viper in AE!"

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'll admit, I don't really think it's your type of game, but it is good.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I tried it already and it was pretty good for an RPG. So we'll see what the full game is like.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Thank you trial 4 (Chun). 55/55. Trophy ding![/QUOTE]

Ding! Now go try Ibuki's and Makoto's Trial 5.

[quote name='distgfx']

Oh, I tried it already and it was pretty good for an RPG. So we'll see what the full game is like.
[/QUOTE]

I actually think you'll like it compared to most RPGs. The combat isn't the kind of combat you hate and is extremely good (at least as a stealth game, which is how I'm playing it).

[quote name='ihadFG']I actually think you'll like it compared to most RPGs. The combat isn't the kind of combat you hate and is extremely good (at least as a stealth game, which is how I'm playing it).[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've been trying to play it the way Brad Nicholson was talking about (completely wrecking dudes) and shit is hard. Plays much, MUCH better as a stealth game.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
finally ordered an external HDD

I forget how nice amazon prime is with cheap as fuck one day shipping.

Next two things on my list to get are:

A bike (college town)

and a Laptop for development and prototyping coding and hardware shit

Taking a class focused on sensors and circuits so I hope to implement it into my programs

also considering getting a Kinect... anyone know if the implementation of it into Processing is a pain in the ass or not that hard?

p.s. Later today I might finally fucking own a pug myself.
[/QUOTE]

New Years?

[quote name='distgfx']I said it on AIM and I'll say it again.

"it eludes you because you've never messed with ibuki or viper in AE!"

Ding! Now go try Ibuki's and Makoto's Trial 5.[/QUOTE]

I have no chance in hell at Makoto -- I can't even do her trial 3.
Elena is worse. I can't do her trial 2. For some reason I can't cancel her cr.mp into srk.rk or whatever it is. :(

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Elena is worse. I can't do her trial 2. For some reason I can't cancel her cr.mp into srk.rk or whatever it is. :([/QUOTE]

I've done all but Elena's last trial (that one is crazy, because it's so long). I had a bit of trouble with her Super cancel one (still can't do that reliably), and the one with cr.mp to Rhino Horn (Uraizen seemed to agree that the cancel on that doesn't seem to work all the time for some reason).

I tried PC gaming back when Doom 3 came out. My PC was a beast at that time. It didn't take me long to figure out PC gaming isn't for me and I rather just stick to consoles. Its just my preference and I know PC gaming is better overall, but way to much money and not worth it to me in the long run.

[quote name='ihadFG']I actually think you'll like it compared to most RPGs. The combat isn't the kind of combat you hate and is extremely good (at least as a stealth game, which is how I'm playing it).[/QUOTE]

I played it as a combination of each just now, the gun combat is quite good for an RPG. Hell, its been than some standard FPS games out on the market these days.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I have no chance in hell at Makoto -- I can't even do her trial 3.
Elena is worse. I can't do her trial 2. For some reason I can't cancel her cr.mp into srk.rk or whatever it is. :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='icebeast']I've done all but Elena's last trial (that one is crazy, because it's so long). I had a bit of trouble with her Super cancel one (still can't do that reliably), and the one with cr.mp to Rhino Horn (Uraizen seemed to agree that the cancel on that doesn't seem to work all the time for some reason).[/QUOTE]

Canceling from a crouching attack into an SRK is weird due to how the super shortcuts in this game work. You have to do the crouching attack, put the stick in neutral, then do the SRK motion.

EDIT: Actually, you could just press the button during the down part of the SRK motion, too.

[quote name='distgfx']Canceling from a crouching attack into an SRK is weird due to how the super shortcuts in this game work. You have to do the crouching attack, put the stick in neutral, then do the SRK motion.

EDIT: Actually, you could just press the button during the down part of the SRK motion, too.[/QUOTE]

The one that I'm talking about that doesn't cancel all the time for me is the cr.mp to half circle forward and kick (might be the EX version of Rhino Horn, I'm not sure), and I was never able to get that to work trying it with shortcuts, only time it worked was when I let the stick basically go back to neutral then do the half circle.

Doing cr.mp to SRK is easy like you say, but I don't think that is one of her trials, maybe the last one has you do something where you can use that though, since I think it includes almost all her special moves with cr.mp to hit your opponent while they're falling from the previous cr.mp to EX/special.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='icebeast']The one that I'm talking about that doesn't cancel all the time for me is the cr.mp to half circle forward and kick (might be the EX version of Rhino Horn, I'm not sure), and I was never able to get that to work trying it with shortcuts, only time it worked was when I let the stick basically go back to neutral then do the half circle.

Doing cr.mp to SRK is easy like you say, but I don't think that is one of her trials.[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's definitely in her last trial, you have to do it twice there.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I have no chance in hell at Makoto -- I can't even do her trial 3.
Elena is worse. I can't do her trial 2. For some reason I can't cancel her cr.mp into srk.rk or whatever it is. :([/QUOTE]

makoto is a girl?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Surprised that PA announced the continuation of the Penny Arcade Adventures series with Zeboyd (Cthulu Saves the World, Breath of Death VII).[/QUOTE]

fuckin Awesome.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I also approve of the purchase of Deus Ex. It's a nice game. Reminds me of Robocop.[/QUOTE]

Two police officers talk about Robocop in the game. That reminded me of Robocop.

[quote name='distgfx']Oh, it's definitely in her last trial, you have to do it twice there.[/QUOTE]

It's in her second too... and as much as I can do ken's cr.mk > srk.mp > super, I cannot do it with elena (in reverse). :(

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, I've been trying to play it the way Brad Nicholson was talking about (completely wrecking dudes) and shit is hard. Plays much, MUCH better as a stealth game.[/QUOTE]
I play it half-stealth. I use stealth and if I get seen I just murder everyone.

bread's done
Back