Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Play-Asia has free shipping, any owners of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 here? Been thinking of picking up the Asia version, should I get the CE or the regular edition?
I don't have it, but if the extra stuff are worth the $36 go for it. Im gonna pick up Gundam Breaker 3 since I've been marathoning the anime.

Since Play-Asia has free shipping, any owners of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 here? Been thinking of picking up the Asia version, should I get the CE or the regular edition?
Depends on if you want the physical extras.
As for the game, the essence of the game is grinding to collect swimsuits for all the girls. It's significant time investment to get all the good swimsuits onto all the girls like in my YouTube videos(plug). It's something that can be done as secondary thing while you watch a video or listen to a podcast though.

Ace Attorney games discounted on the North American 3DS eShop

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies – $11.99 (was $29.99)
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy – $14.99 (was $29.99)
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice – $17.99 (was $29.99)
These deals are valid until 8:59 AM PT / 11:59 AM ET on March 1.

Accel World VS. Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight Gets Tons of Screenshots Showing New Area, Characters, and Multiplayer

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix digital pre-orders include stained glass PS4 theme
2ilk7qu.jpg

Harvest Moon 64 Wii U Virtual Console footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmX_RW9GdeA

Poster for Netflix’s new Castlevania animated series
316x2kl.jpg

No support for Bluetooth headsets on Switch
..when they released Killzone 3 (universally agreed as the worst in the Killzone franchise).
Fixed.

Depends on if you want the physical extras.
As for the game, the essence of the game is grinding to collect swimsuits for all the girls. It's significant time investment to get all the good swimsuits onto all the girls like in my YouTube videos(plug). It's something that can be done as secondary thing while you watch a video or listen to a podcast though.
Have you by any chance earned the platinum trophy for Muramasa Rebirth?

Finally, a good deal on Spirit of Justice! I wish I could remember how much I paid for Dual Destinies so I could decide whether to jump on it now or wait for the price to drop to $12 like Dual Destinies is now. :whistle2:k

I just finished all of the "story" missions for fire emblem heroes. I used a couple more of the revive items for a few of the last couple of lunatic difficulty stages, but I still have 3 revive items left. I've also completed all the orb related quests as well, and now I just feel stuck with no way to grind orbs towards summoning new characters. Now I just wait for the login bonuses I guess :p

I just finished all of the "story" missions for fire emblem heroes. I used a couple more of the revive items for a few of the last couple of lunatic difficulty stages, but I still have 3 revive items left. I've also completed all the orb related quests as well, and now I just feel stuck with no way to grind orbs towards summoning new characters. Now I just wait for the login bonuses I guess :p
I'm not at that point yet, but it really seems like the game has no staying power. Even if you paid money to get new characters, what's the point?

I'm not at that point yet, but it really seems like the game has no staying power. Even if you paid money to get new characters, what's the point?
I already got to that point almost beating the story on hard...think I just need 9-5 or something. It has very little staying power. I think i'm quitting Dokkan Battle too. There is staying power for this, but honestly it's just gotten boring and I completed the main story line on it to sans these new extra missions which amped up the difficulty to 11 so you need good characters. I think i'm done though.

Accel World VS. Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight Gets Tons of Screenshots Showing New Area, Characters, and Multiplayer
Supplice making the niche thread great again.

A few things I noticed while browsing Amazon:

:ps3: Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collection $13.99

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD Collection $11.49

:ps3: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII $9.99

:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition $24.99

:ps4: Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet Limited Edition $41.47

:ps4: Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X $27.81

:miku: Vocaloid Hatsune Miku Cosplay Leek Plush Toy Doll 40cm $5.89

Yes I have. But not for the dlc. Fantastic game.
I am struggling to understand how to best go about the fury mode trophies. Although overall there are tons of topics on it, it is difficult to weed through everything. One player grinded to level 75 by the end of the game while another recommends staying under-leveled to make bosses weaker, just for example. I've reached ippondatara with momohime but clearly level 12 is too weak and when I looked at a video (which I try my best to avoid doing because it's boring, time consuming and just a drag for me) the player was 21 at the same boss. Something like a recommended level for each boss would be really helpful to me and I wish to grind as little as possible (where I can avoid it, I know I still need the swords and caves, etc).

So Wolf Link is the only worthwhile amiibo in the end.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild amiibo functionality shown off, other amiibo compatible

Gravity Rush 2 free DLC ‘The Ark of Time – Raven’s Choice’ launches March 21

I'm definitely interested in this, but not a day one purchase for me. Guerrilla Games usually lose their value fairly quickly though, so I'm guessing it'll be $25 by late spring/early summer. I also had more faith in Guerilla a few years back, when they released Killzone 3 (arguably the best in the Killzone franchise), but Shadow Fall was marred by so many problems...
I thought Killzone 2 was the best followed by Killzone 3, as someone who only spent $5 for Killzone Shadow Fall I honestly felt ripped off. Hopefully the series gets a reboot because the story in Shadow Fall was terrible and I can't see any way that it can be salvaged. Looking forward to Horizon but I can wait for a sale on it especially since I'll be getting Zelda Breath of the Wild next week.

I am struggling to understand how to best go about the fury mode trophies. Although overall there are tons of topics on it, it is difficult to weed through everything. One player grinded to level 75 by the end of the game while another recommends staying under-leveled to make bosses weaker, just for example. I've reached ippondatara with momohime but clearly level 12 is too weak and when I looked at a video (which I try my best to avoid doing because it's boring, time consuming and just a drag for me) the player was 21 at the same boss. Something like a recommended level for each boss would be really helpful to me and I wish to grind as little as possible (where I can avoid it, I know I still need the swords and caves, etc).
Definitely do not grind as the bosses scale to your level iirc. So being higher level doesn't help you at all. The secret to fury mode is that you can't be killed while air dashing so you're gonna have to get good at it. Honestly those random encounters are quite deadly and I might have died more getting from boss to boss than actually fighting bosses. The first few bosses you face you're going just going to have to memorize their patterns and beat them with pure skill. Afterwards like midway through the game, you will gain access to swords that have longer invulnerability periods that you can use to cheese your way through battles when you need it. Mainly talking about the ones where you're spinning in a circle

If you are still playing Fire Emblem Heroes this sounds pretty cool:

Nintendo shared on Twitter that this March, Fire Emblem Heroes is getting an update that will introduce a new “Inherit Skill” feature.

According to the Japanese Twitter account for the game, passing along a skill means having to send home the hero with the skill in other to have the other one “inherit” it. No further details were shared, but the idea of being able to pass on skills could make for some interesting character growth in the smartphone strategy RPG.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2017/02/24/fire-emblem-heroess-march-update-will-allow-heroes-inherit-skills/#Oead6C7kTvojJg3V.99
I wonder if a hero will have a limit of skills they can have and will change the playing field as you never know what skills a character might have.

Also currently playing Fire Emblem Fates Conquest cause I finished Birthright and moved on.
The story is kinda brutal, i already knew the King was a douche but damn hes mean.
Playing this until Horizon Zero Dawn and then Mass Effect will keep me busy for awhile until Persona 5.
Along the way will be Story of Seasons: trio of towns and Fire Emblem Revelations and still my huge backlog.
I can't wait to open grand Kingdom.

Enjoyed the 2.5 hours of Berserk I played tonight. Endless Eclipse mode is a nice addition to the standard musou setup although fighting Zodd in his changed form resulted in me getting my ass kicked 3 straight times. I'm sure I'm under leveled(level 23) but I had been able to work my way to that battle without any real trouble.

Story mode seems pretty well done so far as well too. I'm pleased with it as a fan of the genre and the manga.
I had more trouble with Zodd's human form than his apostle one. Then again I'm was coming off of Bloodborne fighting the Headless Bloodletting Beast, so that makes anything feel like a cake walk. The only real issue I had with the fight was saving Griffith during that last phase since he doesn't understand the concept of keeping a distance so you don't get nailed time and time again.

So far overall I am really enjoying it, more than I expected. My biggest take away so far has been the music, feel they really hit it spot on with it. That and the sight of Zodd riding a horse is hilarious.

I had more trouble with Zodd's human form than his apostle one. Then again I'm was coming off of Bloodborne fighting the Headless Bloodletting Beast, so that makes anything feel like a cake walk. The only real issue I had with the fight was saving Griffith during that last phase since he doesn't understand the concept of keeping a distance so you don't get nailed time and time again.

So far overall I am really enjoying it, more than I expected. My biggest take away so far has been the music, feel they really hit it spot on with it. That and the sight of Zodd riding a horse is hilarious.
I haven't fought Zodd in story mode yet, I meant on layer 25 of the endless eclipse. It sucks if you haven't done it yet. I've actually seen quite a few people talking about how hard some parts of the game are which I am totally fine with.

>.> geeze... got an email saying Nier: Automata Black Box edition was in stock after being on waiting list....

go to order... and then paid.. THEN SMS message confirmation before the order goes through.... whats next... need my birth certificate? x.x

HA, nice one Capcom. That's NOT Chris Redfield. :headache:

Also, mobile games are meant to be played in short intervals. If you've already done every single story map (in all difficulties), then of course you're going to get burnt out. I feel like Fire Emblem Heroes is doing fine right now. They keep adding new missions to earn rewards, new Grand Hero Battles and new banners. Plus, there's no doubt more main story chapters will eventually be added (chapter 9 ended and didn't really resolve anything). Also, this game just started so of course content is not overflowing.

As a side note, just finished that Robin mission on Hard. Man, that was such a pain.....

Can't beat the Robin hard stage.  Got it down to two mages left but then one of them eventually just curb stomps one of your guys because of triangle advantage.   You have to have a res tank leveled, possibly some ranged dps, in order to beat things like this.  Which I have neither.

Here is how my previous summon went:
IMG_3049_zps80xeezuq.png

IMG_3057_zpshhi1lsxi.png

oh look three Henrys at once.   But I got a 5* Minerva that looks like she will actually turn out to be very good and useful.  She's kind of rare and out of the ordinary so that's cool.

I noticed that I lost my .05% 5* summon advantages when they switched over to the new banner.  Went from 3.25% back down to 3.00%.  That's bs.

Can't beat the Robin hard stage. Got it down to two mages left but then one of them eventually just curb stomps one of your guys because of triangle advantage. You have to have a res tank leveled, and possibly some ranged dps, in order to beat things like this. Which I have neither.

Here is how my previous summon went:
IMG_3049_zps80xeezuq.png

IMG_3057_zpshhi1lsxi.png

oh look three Henrys at once. But I got a 5* Minerva that looks like she will actually turn out to be very good and useful. She's kind of rare and out of the ordinary so that's cool.

I noticed that I lost my .05% 5* summon advantages when they switched over to the new banner. Went from 3.25% back down to 3.00%. That's bs.
Do you have Marth or Lucina, or someone that has the aoe on turn heal?

That's the way to beat them if you don't have any auto all range units.

A good way to approach it if you have the turn healers is to trot them out, and have them take the hits, and heal at start of the next turn so they won't just die right after.

If you do have Marth, Lucina, or both, I say trot them out at the healing turn, let them take some tanks, and then utilize someone else in the back to knock out the rest on the next turn.

That's of course just one way you can approach it.

:ps4: Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel $11.99 (It's been this price before, then went back up to $20. Now it seems to be an Amazon Weekly deal at this price) I think a few of you have asked about it before, and me and Vic_x51 had a discussion about it not too long ago and deemed it a really good and fun fighter. Reminds me a lot of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, and Vic even said it was better than Arcana Heart.

:ps3: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND Limited Edition $9.98 This is a really outdated game and the CE is poorly made, but the soundtrack it comes with is amazing, although its in a paper sleeve and not a jewel case.

:ps4: Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet Limited Edition  $38.78 I posted this Yesterday and it actually dropped $3 today, so I'm really sorry to anyone who purchased it last night, but do keep an eye out if it continues to drop or not. Reimu is mai waifu. 
Konachan.com%20-%20234032%20black_hair%20brown_eyes%20cropped%20hakurei_reimu%20japanese_clothes%20long_hair%20miko%20snow%20touhou%20umbrella%20winter%20yutaka_saki_shu.jpg

:ps4: Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel $11.99 (It's been this price before, then went back up to $20. Now it seems to be an Amazon Weekly deal at this price) I think a few of you have asked about it before, and me and Vic_x51 had a discussion about it not too long ago and deemed it a really good and fun fighter. Reminds me a lot of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, and Vic even said it was better than Arcana Heart.
ojj6155ZB21twgfw0o1_500_zps6a3ay3cj.gif

Must've missed it since I'm seeing only 3rd parties. Thank you anyway.

Do you have Marth or Lucina, or someone that has the aoe on turn heal?

That's the way to beat them if you don't have any auto all range units.

A good way to approach it if you have the turn healers is to trot them out, and have them take the hits, and heal at start of the next turn so they won't just die right after.

If you do have Marth, Lucina, or both, I say trot them out at the healing turn, let them take some tanks, and then utilize someone else in the back to knock out the rest on the next turn.

That's of course just one way you can approach it.
I'm pretty late to the game with this, but after all this time re-rolling roughly once or twice a week, I finally managed to roll my first 5 star hero. I have the worst luck with these things and it was especially hard to constantly re-roll since my phone has been acting up.

Can anyone tell me if I should keep or re-roll again?

I got this from summons: 5* Julia, 3* Henry, Tiki, Shanna, Odin

I like Julia quite a bit, but I don't know that I would keep her as my one and only starting 5 star, although having Tiki in there helps and would be the first thing you'd want to make a 4 star.

However, you should also consider the hassle of going through it all again.  If you reroll so many times that you lose interest in playing the game, then it doesn't matter WHAT your final heroes are when you uninstall the game for good.

If I were you I would keep re-rolling my first start up until I got one of the most powerful 5* characters. Like one of the ones listed as 'S rank' or above here: http://feheroes.wiki/Tier_List
Thanks, this helps narrow things down a lot. Does Olivia come as a 5* too? I rolled a 4* Olivia once, but I was only focused on getting a 5* I didn't pay much attention to any 4* characters I got.

I like Julia quite a bit, but I don't know that I would keep her as my one and only starting 5 star, although having Tiki in there helps and would be the first thing you'd want to make a 4 star.

However, you should also consider the hassle of going through it all again. If you reroll so many times that you lose interest in playing the game, then it doesn't matter WHAT your final heroes are when you uninstall the game for good.
Thanks, maybe once my new phone gets here I can do more re-rolls, but it's definitely a hassle. I wish I had Squarehard's luck at this.

On the contrary, I think you will begin to lose interest in the game rapidly if you don't have at least one strong army.  When you join up to fight battles in the arena almost every other person has two or three 5* characters including god classes like Takumi or Lucina.  They're everywhere.  You'll hit a progression wall around chapter 8,9 and in the later levels without a powerful character to help carry you.  There's a BIG difference between having one or two 5*s and not having any. 

Again, I would re-roll until I got a good one if I were you.  The glass ceiling is real. 

bread's done
Back