Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Details revealed for the Hyperdimension Neptunia Limited Edition Trilogy Pack

Preorder at Amazon for $99.99 - The bundle comes with the digital Steam versions of the three games, as well as every DLC pack, from the Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth series along with the Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 2 Soundtrack CD and Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 3 Art Book. 

The Pokémon Company Earned US $2.1 Billion in 2015

Wii U was 'disappointing to everybody', including Nintendo, says GameStop CEO

Sing Along With the Praise for Fire Emblem Fates in New Accolades Trailer

Its cute that they included things that were missing from the previous LEs
The only thing this has over the LEs is the DLC. The original LEs had the CD and Artbooks included. They weren't anything special either. The CD came in a clear Jewel case with an insert for the cover, and the art book is the size of a DVD case and the depth of an old game manual (40 pages total)

...yeah I'm gonna buy it.

No one probably cares anymore since there's only one more day, but I just realized I got a Grand Kingdom beta code. Up for grabs if anyone wants it. Thanks!

58G8-GNN5-77R5

No one probably cares anymore since there's only one more day, but I just realized I got a Grand Kingdom beta code. Up for grabs if anyone wants it. Thanks!

58G8-GNN5-77R5​
What is everybody thoughts on this game after the beta? I have the Grand Edition for Vita pre-ordered, but I'm just not so sure anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Outside of Japanese releases, this is a pretty big week. We've got Uncharted 4, DOOM, and [customspoiler='Stellaris']
kFIRcad.png
NZjju35.png
[/customspoiler]

Other stuff that released without warning last week that are all PC/Steam:

- Malus Code (Visual Novel)

Weekly Releases (May 8th - May 14th)

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies

- Platform(s): Vita
- Genre: Musou (Hack'n'Slash) / Action RPG
- Demo: N/A
- Online: Yes, there is online multiplayer.

- Comments: Gameplay is pretty much identical to Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unlreashed.

Raiden V

- Platform(s): Xbox One
- Genre: SHMUP
- Online: Leaderboards only

- Comments: Digital only.

RefRain -prism memories-

- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: SHMUP / Bullet Hell
- Online: Leaderboards only.

Murasaki

- Genre: SHMUP / Bullet Hell
- Online: N/A

The House in Fata Margana

- Genre: Visual Novel / Horror

Sinful Eden

- Genre: Point'n'Click Adventure / Dating Sim

- Comments: Not really Japanese, but eh.

Past Releases

May 1st - May 7th

April 24th - April 30th

April 17th - April 23rd

April 10th - April 16th

April 3rd - April 9th

What is everybody thoughts on this game after the beta? I have the Grand Edition for Vita pre-ordered, but I'm just not so sure anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I actually like the gameplay more than I thought I would. Don't care about the online though, but may still use it to level up squads/characters and gain extra money anyways. You don't actually encounter other players directly in online at all to my knowledge, just their squads they've sent out.

Also, you should remove the phone app signature.

I actually forgot about Grand Kingdom since I got slightly addicted to Overwatch. It's a flawed game, as most are, but it has a lot of heart. I do think it needs a few more heroes (support especially) and levels but those could come with time. I am sick and tired of Bastion though. I believe he was a character in every game I played.....and Hanzo....overplayed guys.

Need to try out Grand Kingdom since i'm on the edge for it...and it's leaning towards pass.

I actually forgot about Grand Kingdom since I got slightly addicted to Overwatch. It's a flawed game, as most are, but it has a lot of heart. I do think it needs a few more heroes (support especially) and levels but those could come with time. I am sick and tired of Bastion though. I believe he was a character in every game I played.....and Hanzo....overplayed guys.
Or you can just counter Bastion

I sort of liked Grand Kingdom. It's a little slow, but the gameplay isn't bad. The 4 characters you can use all have different style of attack, which I kinda like (combo smash, arc fire, charge attack in a line, item drop, etc). They encourage item use, cause they don't let you hoard the items they give you for the mission.

More interested in it now than I was, but interest level is still not super high.

Took awhile into the game before I could change the control scheme and to Japanese voice though.

Is Tales of Hearts R worth tracking down a copy of? I saw Tales of Zestria for $20 and I figured before I grab ToZ, get the other Tales game I am currently missing since I can always grab ToZ on Steam if needed.

Is Tales of Hearts R worth tracking down a copy of? I saw Tales of Zestria for $20 and I figured before I grab ToZ, get the other Tales game I am currently missing since I can always grab ToZ on Steam if needed.
I'd say yes. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and will one day go back and finish all of the trophies. I actually took it with my on my honeymoon, and played it whenever we had downtime/tired from everything else.

Yeah, R was awesome. It was much more in the 'classic' tales style (like Symphonia or Vesperia), which we just don't get anymore.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk.

Or you can just counter Bastion
Thats the point though. A half decent Bastion forces you to stop playing the objective to focus on killing it. A good Bastion plus good teammates is damn near impossible to drop quickly.

So its pretty much GG if you are on Offense, especially in Transport.

He needs a lot of changes. His 200 magazine size is stupidly huge and gives him constant firing uptime, he can rotate 360 degrees full speed while firing, and he can drop full health+armor Tank heroes in barely 2 seconds. Hell look at his bullet spread, he can nail you from halfway across the map with the accuracy of a rifle, thats fucking stupid for a minigun.

Absolutely. It's probably my favorite Tales since Vesperia.
Yeah, R was awesome. It was much more in the 'classic' tales style (like Symphonia or Vesperia), which we just don't get anymore.
I agree with this as well. Its a shame too since it was a low budget release where as zestiria had a full budget and wasn't outsourced. I can't imagine how great it could of been with a bigger budget.

Thats the point though. A half decent Bastion forces you to stop playing the objective to focus on killing it. A good Bastion plus good teammates is damn near impossible to drop quickly.

So its pretty much GG if you are on Offense, especially in Transport.

He needs a lot of changes. His 200 magazine size is stupidly huge and gives him constant firing uptime, he can rotate 360 degrees full speed while firing, and he can drop full health+armor Tank heroes in barely 2 seconds. Hell look at his bullet spread, he can nail you from halfway across the map with the accuracy of a rifle, thats fucking stupid for a minigun.
Just pick Genji and hit reflect. Or dash around him with Tracer. Or strafe missile with Phara. Or charge him with Reinhardt. Or buster shot him with Symmetra. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Bastion does some great damage, and his transformation's fast, but it's not that hard to stop him from getting set. As for a nerf, slowing his rotation would do the trick.

Bastion's frustrating, but he's very beatable. This is a git gud situation when concerning him. He has great advantage at choke points or when people forget hes there. But he has incredibly low health and is a free kill for characters like Soldier 76 with a clip and rockets

Of course, nothing you can do if your team is shit. Unless they magically become competent. Otherwise, quit the match. Normally I would complain. But since the character select isnt locked like in Mobas, i see no need. You have the ability to adapt to each situation. Basically depends if you or your team wants to.

Completely off-topic but I won Severed in a Hardcore Gamer giveaway earlier. So far pretty cool, really different kind of dungeon crawler. Btw, lucky! :D/ Now I'm swimming in DRPGs at the moment though, and I'm still waiting on Moero Crystal to get a date. I'm starting to lose hope on that one unfortunately. It's not even in Play-Asia's Asia English section like all the other games, unless I missed it. Plus they don't respond on Twitter or anything. :cry:

Edit: Also, I think Tales of Hearts R is great. I really liked that game! But then it is a Tales game on the Vita, I'm going to anyways, regardless. So...

Just pick Genji and hit reflect. Or dash around him with Tracer. Or strafe missile with Phara. Or charge him with Reinhardt. Or buster shot him with Symmetra. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Bastion does some great damage, and his transformation's fast, but it's not that hard to stop him from getting set. As for a nerf, slowing his rotation would do the trick.

Bastion's frustrating, but he's very beatable. This is a git gud situation when concerning him. He has great advantage at choke points or when people forget hes there. Bu1t he has incredibly low health and is a free kill for characters like Soldier 76 with a clip and rockets

Of course, nothing you can do if your team is shit. Unless they magically become competent. Otherwise, quit the match. Normally I would complain. But since the character select isnt locked like in Mobas, i see no need. You have the ability to adapt to each situation. Basically depends if you or your team wants to.
I can take a solo Bastion all day, its not fun, but its doable. The problem is when his teammates are competent as well, and you end up with tickets to Camptown USA where you die instantly if you dare cross into their territory even if you pop something like Winstons Ultimate and have a healer on your back.

The fact he's easily one of the most overplayed Heroes doesnt help when you see atleast one per match, and they are getting Play of the Game 90% of the time sitting in corners spraying

Thats the weirdest part. Its hard to call him OP, the game just seems to weirdly reward that playstyle. He just needs tweaks badly to make him less of a tierwhore character.

Tales of Zestiria is pretty good, I don't get the hate.
I haven't played it since it first came out, tbh. The camera was really what got to me in Zestiria, I think, I'm pretty sure that's the only reason I haven't played it very much. Everything else, I didn't really mind. I thought it was definitely a good game. I think I just had other stuff at the time that felt less like a hassle, or maybe I was playing Miku, which always goes first. I really need to go back and finish it when I have some time, I did enjoy it enough, I believe. I like Tales games, though. Even if they're generic and kind of average sometimes, who cares they're fun usually. I really am looking forward to Berseria, like a lot. It's a nice change from the norm, or at least it looks to be. Really hoping it stands out more like they used to.

Viz Media To Release Pokémon-Themed Cookbook This December
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/08/viz-media-release-pokmon-themed-cookbook-december/
650x650_b7f7c1c230ad8e0d3b46be00c4ca563e44d48319ddd31e28041d7344_thumb.jpg

The Legend of Zelda Inducted into the Video Game Hall of Fame
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/05/08/the-legend-of-zelda-inducted-into-the-video-game-hall-of-fame/205955/

Bastion really needs to be nerfed. I lost countless games because of Bastion with a good team. All my friends who play with me also bitch about Bastion being OP.

I will say though it's not really that bad considering you don't actually have to win to get loot. I mean yeah you will get loot slower but there is no win game requirements which is a nice change from other games.

A Neptunia CE I have no interest in... what's wrong with me? -_-

Anyway, Neptune + Blanc vs Zombie Army is coming out this week, and it has 4-player Coop (I think), so I'd love to get in some games with you guys. Hit me up if anyone is interested. I know Uncharted 4 is also the same day, but show some love for Blanny! Thanks!

Tales of Zestiria is pretty good, I don't get the hate.
well you have alicia as a temp party member they wanted to do dlc parts for on top of the dlc costumes. you have the bugs like going through the floor, skin disappearing, low frame rate that constantly dips, poor story writing, pacing and gameplay mechanics. The random skills on equipment on top of equipment being completely random both drops and at shops, lord of the lands being grindy ect. I think the thing that bothered me the most out was the slow ass artes learning rate. you don't even have 4 a artes until 10 hours in. It was incredibly awful learning new artes/spells and the mages are severely lacking spell wise. only a handful of spells on each of them. Oh and the running speed even with wind boost is soooo damn sloooow. Game really needed grunties or a bike or something.

It was just a really badly made game all around. even more so if you ended up with the ps3 version since it had the grey filter on it.

I already have MegaTagmension so I'm probably getting Uncharted 4, most likely. Best Buy won't let me order from them though, they said I have a flash or alert on my account. I have no idea why, The only thing I've ever got from them was like a refund for lost codes or damaged boxes. Anyways it's happened before, they ended up saying it was their fault and gave me extra time on my GCU but I'm kind of getting tired of going through it.

I'll probably go with Prime monthly for awhile. Seems like a good time to try it out. After missing some exclusives and limited editions I wanted, it'd be nice to not have to worry so much about those. Anyways, I wish Uncharted would just drop to like $40 since we all know it's going to live in that zone not too long from now. At least that's what I'm expecting. It's supposed to be really good though, for what it's worth.

I'd probably get Doom before I got Uncharted 4 (not that I plan to get either anytime soon)

I got my treasure hunting game fix from Rise of The Tomb Raider, which I can't imagine Uncharted 4 being as good as anyway.

I already have MegaTagmension so I'm probably getting Uncharted 4, most likely. Best Buy won't let me order from them though, they said I have a flash or alert on my account. I have no idea why, The only thing I've ever got from them was like a refund for lost codes or damaged boxes. Anyways it's happened before, they ended up saying it was their fault and gave me extra time on my GCU but I'm kind of getting tired of going through it.

I'll probably go with Prime monthly for awhile. Seems like a good time to try it out. After missing some exclusives and limited editions I wanted, it'd be nice to not have to worry so much about those. Anyways, I wish Uncharted would just drop to like $40 since we all know it's going to live in that zone not too long from now. At least that's what I'm expecting. It's supposed to be really good though, for what it's worth.
If you think amazon is better look up the whole fiasco with Bravely Second's pre-order dlc being not given to CE purchasers.

If you think amazon is better look up the whole fiasco with Bravely Second's pre-order dlc being not given to CE purchasers.
Yeah, I remember hearing about that. It's not so much that I really want to but I'll have to until Best Buy clears me up because they won't let me place any new orders. They cancel everything I try, and I'm worried they're going to do the same with the games I already pre-ordered a while back. Once it's fixed, they said about 10 days from yesterday, I'll decide then what to do going foward, maybe both. I didn't know Prime had a $11 (I think) monthly service or I would've tried it out for a bit before. Also the "problems" I had with Best Buy were ridiculous, I used to work in sales and I put up with a lot of BS from them, I know Amazon probably isn't any better but it's worth a shot.

Sure, it sucks but it's not that common for Amazon to screw up that bad from my experience and I've commonly ordered from them for over a decade (Their biggest issue is shipping packaging). I tend to hear significantly more pre-order bonus issues with Best Buy, though I don't really order from them. Regardless in this case, all the pre-order costumes are purchasable in-game at some point.

I can't really complain about Amazon because I got a 50% refund off the base price ($35!) when I asked what was going on with the DLC on top of the original 20% off pre-order. So I got a crazy deal and can still get the costumes with a little extra effort should I choose.

Speaking of Bravely Second's CE, it's in stock on Amazon.com and has been for at least a couple of hours for anyone still interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Bravely-Second-End-Layer-Collectors-Nintendo/dp/B01AVS4IFS/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1462757664&sr=1-4&keywords=bravely+second

This is roughly 3 weeks after the release? So prime discounts have expired. -tin foil hat on- I think Amazon may be holding onto some stock of things separate to wait for the two week 20% window to expire before putting them up for sale. The only weakness with this theory is that we're three weeks out, not two.

Potentially a good tip if you're hunting for the next CE/LE that sold out before you could get one if the theory ends up being true, though.

Completely off-topic but I won Severed in a Hardcore Gamer giveaway earlier. So far pretty cool, really different kind of dungeon crawler. Btw, lucky! :D/ Now I'm swimming in DRPGs at the moment though, and I'm still waiting on Moero Crystal to get a date. I'm starting to lose hope on that one unfortunately. It's not even in Play-Asia's Asia English section like all the other games, unless I missed it. Plus they don't respond on Twitter or anything. :cry:

Edit: Also, I think Tales of Hearts R is great. I really liked that game! But then it is a Tales game on the Vita, I'm going to anyways, regardless. So...
Took me forever to find this! But I wanted to keep up to date with this about Moero Crystal. I was able to find the games again on their site but it was not there for awhile... Not sure what is going on... But I am thinking June should be about the time for preorders/release but keep us post Davey!!! Link here

bread's done
Back