Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm scared. I don't live at the same address as where it's going to ship.
You changed your address with PO right?

I one time pre-ordered something and forgot about it and the post office delivered it to me at new address since I had changed it with them. (It also didn't come to me till like a month and a half later and looked beat to hell, but I got it :lol: )

Probably really old news by now but I don't recall anyone posting it. Threads been kinda dead for a while.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/10/29-1/hyperdimension-neptunia-victory-ii-set-for-spring-2015-in-japan

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II is coming spring 2015 in Japan, has three different storylines, and I think its confirmed at this point that its no longer coming for PS3 and only for PS4, it kinda sucks but it'll be interesting to see how they utilize the new hardware.

Lets celebrate with the best Hyperdimension Neptunia cosplay i've ever seen...

tumblr_n743fmtuSB1so1gqmo1_1280.jpg

You changed your address with PO right?

I one time pre-ordered something and forgot about it and the post office delivered it to me at new address since I had changed it with them. (It also didn't come to me till like a month and a half later and looked beat to hell, but I got it :lol: )
Hmm. I'll do that tomorrow. Is USPS handling it?

Probably really old news by now but I don't recall anyone posting it. Threads been kinda dead for a while.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/10/29-1/hyperdimension-neptunia-victory-ii-set-for-spring-2015-in-japan

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II is coming spring 2015 in Japan, has three different storylines, and I think its confirmed at this point that its no longer coming for PS3 and only for PS4, it kinda sucks but it'll be interesting to see how they utilize the new hardware.

Lets celebrate with the best Hyperdimension Neptunia cosplay i've ever seen...

tumblr_n743fmtuSB1so1gqmo1_1280.jpg
Weeaboo senses are tingling~

What's the most graphically demanding JRPG for PC you can think of? Context:

I'm getting a new GPU because I was able to get an amazing deal on one.. But I mostly only play console JRPG's and similar games.

I'm getting an AMD R9 290x, and am currently still at 1080p (but may go for 1440 over the next few months).. So I'm pretty sure it's going to be overkill for absolutely anything I would run, but I'd love to be proven wrong!

What's the most graphically demanding JRPG for PC you can think of? Context:

I'm getting a new GPU because I was able to get an amazing deal on one.. But I mostly only play console JRPG's and similar games.

I'm getting an AMD R9 290x, and am currently still at 1080p (but may go for 1440 over the next few months).. So I'm pretty sure it's going to be overkill for absolutely anything I would run, but I'd love to be proven wrong!
depends if you are using just the base release or with mods/patches.

base release would likely be valkyria chronicles when it comes out since it can be rendered at 4k from what I have been reading.

with mods would likely be ff13 as the mods let you do crazy stuff with the game.

if you are looking into the future more then there is a decent chance ff15 comes to PC and that would likely take the crown.

just a heads up to those who were thinking of getting Conception II through amazon.. got mine the other day and it was actually the first print LE version which was surprising. 

just a heads up to those who were thinking of getting Conception II through amazon.. got mine the other day and it was actually the first print LE version which was surprising.
It depends on which center you got it from. Some reported getting game only.

I just beat Atelier Meruru(PS3) and I was curious about the supposed new true end the vita owners got. Looks like we'll never get the patch for PS3 so can someone that's gotten the new end "About Time", post the picture and a transcript of the dialogue? I searched and couldn't find it on youtube.

well one game will be dirt cheap in a year, and the other will be around the same price for a long time
Don't get me wrong, I have Project Diva F 2nd preordered in full from Bestbuy.com.

...But I also have Inquisition preordered through Dell.com because of their $25 e-GC offer (I also had $75 in e-GCs sitting around unused). :joystick:

I just beat Atelier Meruru(PS3) and I was curious about the supposed new true end the vita owners got. Looks like we'll never get the patch for PS3 so can someone that's gotten the new end "About Time", post the picture and a transcript of the dialogue? I searched and couldn't find it on youtube.
Nvm, I found a transcript. http://lparchive.org/Atelier-Arland-Trilogy/Update%20128/

Guess I'll just have to buy a vita someday.

Vita games should start getting more gameplay videos now that the PS TV is out here. Previously you had to mod a Vita or use a cam to record anything on it, which isn't exactly ideal.

Nvm, I found a transcript. http://lparchive.org/Atelier-Arland-Trilogy/Update%20128/

Guess I'll just have to buy a vita someday.
I really want to play this series as well I just had so many other games to play that I haven't gotten it yet.

Also since I will get it for the Vita and it's downloadable only, I am sort of waiting for a nice sale to grab them

Maybe they will have a sale on Black Friday but I am guessing it wont be until the next Japan Golden Week >.<

I really want to play this series as well I just had so many other games to play that I haven't gotten it yet.

Also since I will get it for the Vita and it's downloadable only, I am sort of waiting for a nice sale to grab them

Maybe they will have a sale on Black Friday but I am guessing it wont be until the next Japan Golden Week >.<
I wish I had bought it during last golden week. Even though I don't have a vita, I feel like they go on sale maybe once a year if you're lucky. I'm hoping for a repeat sale next year. Gonna pick it up even if I don't have a vita by then and just let it sit on backlog until I do.

The first game in the trilogy wasn't on sale during Golden Week, so there'd have been no reason to jump in at that point IMO. Though  hopefully it'll join the lineup this upcoming year.

that'd be nice^ though I already bought meruru so its moot to me if it goes on sale.  I wouldn't mind picking up totori and rorona ad the eventual eschalogy on sale though.

The Atelier games are such a guilty pleasure. They have so much of the pandering that I dislike and try to avoid in Japanese media, yet they are also extremely solid games with gorgeous visuals and legitimate 'fun' to be had.

Freedom Wars ain't bad. Kind of like Gods Eater Burst, but with more humor. Much more fast paced than Monster Hunter. Worth the $24 I paid for it!

I have the three Arland games on PS3 and haven't beat them, waiting for a Sale on the + versions now that I have a Vita TV.
Me too.. LOL. I bought the 2nd and 3rd game during that sale they had and have been waiting for the first game to go on sale so I can play them. I have the 3 on PS3 and haven't even touched them cause the Plus versions are out. What the hell are we doing..

Freedom Wars ain't bad. Kind of like Gods Eater Burst, but with more humor. Much more fast paced than Monster Hunter. Worth the $24 I paid for it!
I'm really enjoying the game post-patch. Creating weapons doesn't suck as much anymore, it's still pretty bad though. I didn't get to try any of the online modes yet, but I'm now Code 7.

Just a heads up, I noticed some (I think) new free DLC for Shinovi Versus and Freedom Wars on the sony store after todays update.

Thanks for the heads up on the free DLC guys.

On another note, can we include CoD Advanced Warfare in here? ... It's got anime air dashes! :p

Several niche titles are "on sale" at Gamestop (the first price is for new, the second is for used).

Atelier Escha & Logy ( :ps3:) - $29.99/$24.99

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/atelier-escha-logy-alchemists-of-the-dusk-sky/113674

Atelier Rorona Plus ( :ps3:) - $39.99/$34.99

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/atelier-rorona-plus-the-alchemist-of-arland/114996

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends ( :ps3:) - $29.99/$24.99

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/dynasty-warriors-8-xtreme-legends/113832

Hyperdimension Neptunia Producing Perfection ( :vita:) - $19.99/$17.99

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/hyperdimension-neptunia-pp/114383

I think I might pick up Neptunia at that price with a b-day or $10 off coupon. Escha & Logy is tempting, but I want to first get confirmation on whether we're getting the Plus version on Vita, and whether it'll be digital-only (I predict it will be :wall:).

fuck! Just bought Rorona Plus a few weeks ago. Eh, at least I had credit and the birthday coupon.
When exactly did you buy it? Check the bottom of your receipt (assuming you still have it) to see if it mentions the extended return period that started in October. You might be able to return-and-rebuy if your copy of Rorona Plus falls in that period.

Is the localization for Atelier Escha & Logy really that bad? I remember people complaining about Koei-Tecmo's handling of it.

Very meh IMHO. you're pretty much paying $60 for the extras....I would only want the plush...though the steelbook is good too. I too hate the lack of physical Vita Atelier games. I only get them on half off sales now.
The extras include all the content from 1.5HD. If you don't already have that, it's gone for $20 new at the lowest. Saying you're paying $60 extra on top of the normal 2.5HD price is a bit of an assumption to make.

Does anyone know if SE still selling their collectors editions through digital river? The store front for the kingdom hearts collectors edition looks diffferent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back