Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 Blu-Ray Deals comes out 9/9/08

cdeener

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
It will be released on September 9, 2008 which is next Tuesday. Its just weird because none of the weekly ads mention this coming out.

http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Bill-Vol..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=194CV83FHJP1KRMA9673

Amazon.com has a deal with both flims for $39.99 together

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat158100050001

Bestbuy.com has a similar deal but you have to purchase each film together to get $10 off which with each one being $24.99 will end up being $40.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the only exclusive is that they're shrink wrapping both films together, like they did with Bourne last year.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I think the only exclusive is that they're shrink wrapping both films together, like they did with Bourne last year.[/QUOTE]

The reason I said that is because there is no mention of this coming out in any of the weekly ads for next week so I think it may be little bit more than just buying them shrink wrapped together.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I think the only exclusive is that they're shrink wrapping both films together, like they did with Bourne last year.[/QUOTE]

I think you are right my good friend. I just saw this available on several sites but none of them are selling them together but Amazon will probably have the cheapest price.

I am wrong about that. Bestbuy.com will have a deal if you buy both Volumes together you save $10 which will be the same price as Amazon since they will be selling each one for $25.

They're supposed to be coming out with "The Whole Bloody Affair" which is re-cut to include both films as one single entity, plus other extras (and hopefully full color in that one scene). So yea, I'll wait for that.

[quote name='morphineseason']They're supposed to be coming out with "The Whole Bloody Affair" which is re-cut to include both films as one single entity, plus other extras (and hopefully full color in that one scene). So yea, I'll wait for that.[/quote]

that's exactly what it is... the "cliffhanger scene" is cut out, and the black and white scene is in color...

That's the only true Deal...

I'm in the same boat with Grindhouse, bought both separately in steelbook, and will only add the blu-ray when they release it as one film...

I don't need those movies in hi-def, they aren't even supposed to look good, but I will go for blu if they release the theatrical cut.

[quote name='morphineseason']They're supposed to be coming out with "The Whole Bloody Affair" which is re-cut to include both films as one single entity, plus other extras (and hopefully full color in that one scene). So yea, I'll wait for that.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. You can pick it up with Duke Nukem Forever.

I wonder if the BB computers will do the same thing they did with National Treasure 1 and 2?

These come with Rebates if you own the DVD BTW.

[quote name='shadowrage']Awesome. You can pick it up with Duke Nukem Forever.

I wonder if the BB computers will do the same thing they did with National Treasure 1 and 2?

These come with Rebates if you own the DVD BTW.[/QUOTE]

Man I was thinking the exact same thing. Vaporware..

This is very cool and I will of course be buying both but when will QT release it on one disc? Tons of special features along with both movies on a single disc? Still can't wait though.

[quote name='cdeener']Bestbuy.com has a similar deal but you have to purchase each film together to get $10 off which with each one being $24.99 will end up being $40.[/QUOTE]

For in-store, the BB ad has each at $29.99. After rebate, that's $50. So if you want the close-to-AMZ deal, you'll have to do an online purchase (with or without in-store pickup). Sometimes you can get an employee to PM their website...but sometimes not. This deal clearly says "online only", so they'll likely not help you out in-store. FWIW.

Last edited by a moderator:
If both films come with a $10 rebate, then if you went the Amazon route and had the DVD's, you could get the two BR's for net $20 total. :whistle2:s

I'd be happy to jump on that, if someone could prove the rebates were in the BR packages before picking it up. That, and making sure it's worth the BR upgrade.

[quote name='shrike4242']If both films come with a $10 rebate, then if you went the Amazon route and had the DVD's, you could get the two BR's for net $20 total. :whistle2:s

I'd be happy to jump on that, if someone could prove the rebates were in the BR packages before picking it up. That, and making sure it's worth the BR upgrade.[/quote]

Same! I'll be all over this.

There's a French Steelbook coming on October 29, 2008.

kb1.jpg

Kill Bill Vol. 1

KB2.jpg

Kill Bill Vol. 2

Clicky

I'm been waiting for the "Bloody Affair" for a long time, hopefully we don't have to wait for the 10th anniversary( that's another 5 years) before it comes out.

[quote name='shadowrage']Awesome. You can pick it up with Duke Nukem Forever.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. Yeah, I've been waiting five years now.

[quote name='morphineseason']They're supposed to be coming out with "The Whole Bloody Affair" which is re-cut to include both films as one single entity, plus other extras (and hopefully full color in that one scene). So yea, I'll wait for that.[/quote]

Have fun with that. I was hyped in August 07 for it, and that was after already waiting at least a year prior. Here's a thread I made about it back in December 2005! So you'll be waiting a while. As the other guy said, picking it up with Duke Nukem Forever sounds about right.

These are among my most wanted movies on bluray. Can't wait.

So looks like Amazon/BB will have the best price on release date?

[quote name='shrike4242']If both films come with a $10 rebate, then if you went the Amazon route and had the DVD's, you could get the two BR's for net $20 total. :whistle2:s

I'd be happy to jump on that, if someone could prove the rebates were in the BR packages before picking it up. That, and making sure it's worth the BR upgrade.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know about these rebates? I'd love to get these for $10 each!

[quote name='Staind204']Anyone know about these rebates? I'd love to get these for $10 each![/QUOTE]

They're probably just like the ones Buena Vista has done in the past. To get the $10, you have to send in:

1. UPCs or PoPs from the two dvds.
2. UPCs or PoPs from the two blu rays. Some will balk at having to cut up their artwork, but you can send in the PoP tab. It's just a tiny square on the back cover.
3.. Receipt from the two Blu ray purchases.

It's about a 1-2 month wait to get the check in the mail.

[quote name='nonametofame']They're probably just like the ones Buena Vista has done in the past. To get the $10, you have to send in:

1. UPCs or PoPs from the two dvds.
2. UPCs or PoPs from the two blu rays. Some will balk at having to cut up their artwork, but you can send in the PoP tab. It's just a tiny square on the back cover.
3.. Receipt from the two Blu ray purchases.

It's about a 1-2 month wait to get the check in the mail.[/QUOTE]

But i own the Japanese DVDs... Doubt that would work for me :(

[quote name='Deadpool']But i own the Japanese DVDs... Doubt that would work for me :([/QUOTE]
If they're released by Buena Vista over there, it might be worth a shot to email them.
They accepted Criterion UPCs from The Rock when people asked.

Saw the Monday Fry's AD, has these available tomorrow for 23.99 each plus save another $10 instantly with purchase of both on same receipt! Not bad $38 bucks plus tax !

So now that these have been released, can anyone confirm if there are $10 rebate coupons in each of them? Just wondering, as $20 off would make these well worth their price.

[quote name='agilesoldier']So now that these have been released, can anyone confirm if there are $10 rebate coupons in each of them? Just wondering, as $20 off would make these well worth their price.[/QUOTE]

There are $10 rebate coupons if you already have the DVD. They are taped to the outside of the case.

Yes, there are $10 mail-in rebate vouchers inside each blu-ray with a label on the outside of the shrinkwrap letting you know the rebate form is inside.

So I bought them online at Best Buy with store pickup for $40 for both and will send in the rebates for a total of $20, making them $20 for both. Then i'll sell my old DVDs on ebay for about $10, making the total $10 for both. Not bad!

I went ahead and ordered through BB with in-store pickup. They're $29.99 in-store, making both + $10 off = $49.99 = $24.99 each.. but for some reason, they're $24.99 on the site, and with $10 off, it's $39.99.. plus, as said earlier, the $10 rebates.. very nice.

I was doing deliveries at the mall today. I saw the Kill Bill Blu-ray with the marker about the rebate. I come home and my amazon order didn't have the rebate card in it. Any details on how i can get into this deal..? I think its lousy I got the shaft. Anyone else who got the Amazon 2 Pack miss out as well?

[quote name='xbox_mole']I was gonna order from Amazon, but if there is no rebate in the 2 pack, then I'm not.[/quote]Ditto here.

Especially if it ends up just being sales tax (for me, $1.68 on $39.98) I'm paying for at BB, with the online order for in-store pickup, to get the $20 worth of rebates.

I decided to see if anyone else came to the thread with any information. I see you haven't so I decided to look it up online found a source http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=1143201

If you don't want to click the link to discover the information here's the extra work amazon.com buyers will have to do:
Thank you for inquiring about the Blu-ray Live Action Upgrade rebate offer.

Amazon.com is offering a bundled package of Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Kill Bill Vol. 2 at a discounted price. Blu-ray discs purchased through this offer are not eligible for the Blu-ray Live Action Upgrade rebate. The rebate offer only applies to Blu-ray discs that have specially marked packages (with the "$10 off" upgrade sticker).

Please complete a 3 X 5 card with your name, address, telephone number, and email address. You should send this card along with the proof tab or UPC code for the DVD, the proof tab or UPC code for the Blu-ray disc, and the receipt from Amazon showing when the Blue-ray disc was shipped.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at 888-278-6011, or email us at
[email protected]

Good Luck All!

I ordered mine from BestBuy and will be picking up tomorrow. I'll get reward zone points for the purchase as well as Ebates rebates so it's all good. :)

Ok, I picked up Vol 1 at Frys today and I gotta say it looks AMAZING. The sweat on peoples faces and the animation are top notch, If you already own it on DVD it doesn't matter, get it on bluray now. I can say it's one of the best looking blurays I've seen yet.

I will probably end up just renting these because I have limited funds at the moment but when I get everything straighten out I will buy them.

great deal just did a instore pick up at best buy & also noticed it comes with sticker UPCs on the outer plastic so i dont have to cut up my blu rays

Well what a fiasco today. Went to BB and the copies that they had picked for me were ones that did NOT have the $10 upgrade sticker on them. I took them for the time being and decided to head for the stacks to find ones that did and I'd take them back over to the CS desk and tell them I wanted to swap them out. Ok go through the stacks and find Kill Bill 2 with the $10 upgrade sticker. Great! Search for Kill Bill 1 and not a single copy had the sticker. So I asked them if they could check the back to see if they had any more and I get the story that every single Blu-Ray they have is out, they don't backstock them. Bull$hit! So I walked back over to CS and returned the order that I had picked up. I don't need them that badly now anyway.

Just an FYI for those of you that ordered from Amazon. I see that the company wrote back to a customer earlier in this thread. It appears that on other sites when the rebate company wrote back they said that Amazon was specifically NOT supposed to be getting copies that took advantage of this offer but since that was not communicated properly they would allow the upgrade this one time only, but not in the future. You might want to print out a copy of that notice that the poster put in this thread to be sure that they will honor your Amazon submission.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Well what a fiasco today. Went to BB and the copies that they had picked for me were ones that did NOT have the $10 upgrade sticker on them. I took them for the time being and decided to head for the stacks to find ones that did and I'd take them back over to the CS desk and tell them I wanted to swap them out. Ok go through the stacks and find Kill Bill 2 with the $10 upgrade sticker. Great! Search for Kill Bill 1 and not a single copy had the sticker. So I asked them if they could check the back to see if they had any more and I get the story that every single Blu-Ray they have is out, they don't backstock them. Bull$hit! So I walked back over to CS and returned the order that I had picked up. I don't need them that badly now anyway.[/quote]

the sticker isn't needed, the rebate info is inside..

[quote name='Scorch']the sticker isn't needed, the rebate info is inside..[/QUOTE]

Correct, but the rebate form is only in copies that have the $10 sticker on the front from reports on here and other boards.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Correct, but the rebate form is only in copies that have the $10 sticker on the front from reports on here and other boards.[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt what you're saying, but just to chime in from personal experience, I bought both without stickers at BB and both had the rebate forms. It's possible people are swiping the stickers thinking they're worth something.

bread's done
Back