Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BobbyTastic']There's a huge debate about the existence of Grey/Gray, but yes, it looks more than likely that's how it'll turn out. :p

Also, I wasn't around here last year, so I wouldn't have known. Sounds like I missed out on a sweet offer though, my brother pre-ordered his from GS and didn't even get the figure. :/[/QUOTE]
I was just starting to get involved here at that time after my google search on my Just Cause 2 promotion led me to the Kmart clearance thread. And thus the journey began.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I was just starting to get involved here at that time after my google search on my Just Cause 2 promotion led me to the Kmart clearance thread. And thus the journey began.[/QUOTE]

Must be lovely to reminisce knowing you've gone full-circle now. ^_^
Edit: What? Doesn't everyone use Pokemon games to measure time? I call 2011, Generation V Y1.

Quick question, the limit 2 per person only applies to the SYWR deals right? I'm looking to pick up 2 sets of B/W to split between me, my roommate, my girlfriend

argh to many games not enough money!!!!!
but let me get this right if i got the pokemon black bundle i could get pokemon white free?

[quote name='W0lfRHart']argh to many games not enough money!!!!!
but let me get this right if i got the pokemon black bundle i could get pokemon white free?[/QUOTE]

That's the idea, which makes it awesome. Q: Josh, how many of these DSi bundles do you think K-mart's going to get?

I'd hate for these to get scarce.

[quote name='W0lfRHart']anyone feeling generous to donate to my videogame cause :)
all help will be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Here's a tip:

Begging for money, is for alleys. Dark, scary alleys.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Here's a tip:

Begging for money, is for alleys. Dark, scary alleys.[/QUOTE]

Make sure there are crows overhead and mysterious spooky noises all around. :)

[quote name='gotdott']Quick question, the limit 2 per person only applies to the SYWR deals right? I'm looking to pick up 2 sets of B/W to split between me, my roommate, my girlfriend[/QUOTE]
It wouldn't matter in this deal anyway, as you wouldn't be buying more than 2 copies of either game.

I take back what I said earlier. I may get this after all, as I now have a few people interested in going halfsies. And my curiosity on what's changed is getting the better of me.

I have a backlog of Biblical proportions, and I'm still buying games. Something here is so very wrong.

Good deal but as I need 3 copies (1 game each for myself and my kids) it does me no good. I'm going with Best Buy's preorder deal of receiving $10 worth of reward zone points for each game, which I'll just use on Blu-Rays down the road when Best Buy has the best price (typically Disney Blus with day/week 1 DMR coupons).

You know, I've never played a Pokemon game before. I sort of missed out pre-DS, and after I got my DS, I had no idea where to begin. But after hearing about this deal, I choose you! (dramatic pose)

Cap'n_RDM;8202677]Good deal but as I need 3 copies (1 game each for myself and my kids) it does me no good. I'm going with Best Buy's preorder deal of receiving $10 worth of reward zone points for each game said:
Kmart: $88 + tax. ($35 + $17.50 + $35)
Best Buy: $105 + tax, plus $30 in RZ points you have to cash out and use later. Plus you HAVE to preorder and pick up from 3/6 to 3/10
Combo: $88 + tax ($35 + $17.50 at Kmart, plus $35 at Best Buy) and you get $10 in RZ points at Best Buy.

Literally with Best Buy you are saving maybe $7 after everything is said and done, and you have to buy something at a later date. Plus, you can't use RZ certs or GCs at Best Buy and still get the bonuses.

My plan is 2 copies of each from Kmart. One for me, one for my nephew who's going to be getting a late birthday present, and then a set for two friends to split. Total will be about $105 + tax, and I'll cash in the DQ6 points to get all 4 copies for under $100 out of pocket.

If I were to go to Best Buy, it would be $140 + tax (so almost $150), and I'd get $30 in RZ certs. Nowhere near as good.

[quote name='sadboy']You know, I've never played a Pokemon game before. I sort of missed out pre-DS, and after I got my DS, I had no idea where to begin. But after hearing about this deal, I choose you! (dramatic pose)[/QUOTE]

Since all the existing 493 Pokemon are locked out of this release until after you beat it I think it is a good place to start. You will be on level ground with all us other Pokemaniacs from the start.

Josh, I stand corrected sir. I wanted a B1G1 50% off, but I did not think it would happen. Kudos to you sir. I am in for at least four copies and depending on how my nephew's report cards look that may increase.

Its a solid deal if you have family members who play pokemon as well. However; i was hoping that maybe since DQ VI got botched for some of us as my kmart received 1 copy they couldn't even find; was hoping B1G1 half off maybe on Pokemon and Dragonquest...that would of gotten me to bite big time. Now there is 4 copies of DQ sitting there in my kmart :[

I'm excited for the Pokemon B/W deal, but my local stores refuse to sell new games on Sunday. I really don't want to have to wait until Tuesday...

[quote name='takotchi']I'm excited for the Pokemon B/W deal, but my local stores refuse to sell new games on Sunday. I really don't want to have to wait until Tuesday...[/QUOTE]

Your fuckn' kidding right?

[quote name='W0lfRHart']anyone feeling generous to donate to my videogame cause :)
all help will be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

PM me your e-mail and I'll send you a 5 dollar Amazon GC. It's not much, but then again this is just a random donation to a stranger lol.

[quote name='aznhero913']Your fuckn' kidding right?[/QUOTE]

No. I've seen other customers trying to get new release Nintendo games on Sundays, and the cashiers won't budge. They think new games only come out Tuesdays.

[quote name='takotchi']No. I've seen other customers trying to get new release Nintendo games on Sundays, and the cashiers won't budge. They think new games only come out Tuesdays.[/QUOTE]

Jut send Josh a note about which store it is and I bet he corrects the issue by the end of the day.

[quote name='takotchi']I'm excited for the Pokemon B/W deal, but my local stores refuse to sell new games on Sunday. I really don't want to have to wait until Tuesday...[/QUOTE]

Those are some weird blue laws you have in that state ;)

"No Pokemon on Sundays, but you can have liquor"

SI

Awesome deal I am getting both. One for me and one for the gf. Hopefully she'll play it and get into gamin, she's played my other pokemon games in the past for a few minutes here and there. I plan on giving her my ds after I pick up a 3ds (hopefully from Kmart as well)

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Here's a tip:

Begging for money, is for alleys. Dark, scary alleys.[/QUOTE]

Or people that want to make a few hundred dollars a day just for sitting around Washington, D.C.

[quote name='sadboy']You know, I've never played a Pokemon game before. I sort of missed out pre-DS, and after I got my DS, I had no idea where to begin. But after hearing about this deal, I choose you! (dramatic pose)[/QUOTE]

I've never played one either and haven't done any research on them, so my lazy question of the day is are the games completely different? It sounds like a lot of people are only after one or the other so does it not make sense to get both?

[quote name='chriscolbert']I've never played one either and haven't done any research on them, so my lazy question of the day is are the games completely different? It sounds like a lot of people are only after one or the other so does it not make sense to get both?[/QUOTE]

Both of the core games are inherently the same. You'll fight the same bosses, you'll find (previously?) the same story. The difference between respective versions is a handful of Pokémon that are in one game, but not the other - you'll see the biggest one on the cover of the box (with the black one being unique to White, and the white one being unique to Black), but there are other Pokémon along the way that you'll only find in one game in not the other.

That said, because it is the same game, basically, you may as well just get a friend to get the opposite version. :D

Guess I'll be getting both Black and White...although I didn't put as much time into SoulSilver as I thought I would/could. And, I'll definitely be using up the credit that's on my SYWR card.

[quote name='ForeStorm']Both of the core games are inherently the same. You'll fight the same bosses, you'll find (previously?) the same story. The difference between respective versions is a handful of Pokémon that are in one game, but not the other - you'll see the biggest one on the cover of the box (with the black one being unique to White, and the white one being unique to Black), but there are other Pokémon along the way that you'll only find in one game in not the other.

That said, because it is the same game, basically, you may as well just get a friend to get the opposite version. :D[/QUOTE]

It appears that each version has a unique area as well. http://www.ripten.com/2010/07/12/pokemon-black-and-white-differences-revealed-brycew/

[quote name='chriscolbert']I've never played one either and haven't done any research on them, so my lazy question of the day is are the games completely different? It sounds like a lot of people are only after one or the other so does it not make sense to get both?[/QUOTE]

(Some spoilers in the links below, if you're anal about that.)

This time around there are more differences than which Pokemon you can catch. There are also different areas in each (Black City in Black, White Forest in White) and a different mix of Triple/Rotation battles in each.

[quote name='mgford11']Can I get a minor clarification on the Pokemon deal; If I can get my hands on a Pokemon Black DSi bundle, I can get Pokemon White for free?[/QUOTE]

Yep, any Nintendo Pokemon title, here's a list of some of the main ones I know we have been keeping up with in the stores but there are a number of older ones sporadically out there.

Pokemon Black
Pokemon White
Pokemon Heartgold
Pokemon Soulsilver
Pokemon Ranger Guardians
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Dungeon Explorers....

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Yep, any Nintendo Pokemon title, here's a list of some of the main ones I know we have been keeping up with in the stores but there are a number of older ones sporadically out there.

Pokemon Black
Pokemon White
Pokemon Heartgold
Pokemon Soulsilver
Pokemon Ranger Guardians
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Dungeon Explorers....[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Are we able to request inventory count or reserve a DSi at a store?

[quote name='InvaderZim']Thinking 'De Blob: The Underground' might have been delayed? Local K-Mart did not have it for any of the systems.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not delayed. I picked it up at my kmart for ps3 on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure they had all the other versions out in the case too.

[quote name='mgford11']Thanks! Are we able to request inventory count or reserve a DSi at a store?[/QUOTE]

Sorry but it's way too late, I ordered them about 3 weeks ago. Also just FYI, the Black DSi that is pictured in the ad is the only one we have a slightly decent stock on, about 4 - 5 per store, whereas we were very constrained on the White version, only about 2 per store.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Thinking 'De Blob: The Underground' might have been delayed? Local K-Mart did not have it for any of the systems.[/QUOTE]

Nope, they have it, would you mind letting me know which store you went to?

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Sorry but it's way too late, I ordered them about 3 weeks ago. Also just FYI, the Black DSi that is pictured in the ad is the only one we have a slightly decent stock on, about 4 - 5 per store, whereas we were very constrained on the White version, only about 2 per store.[/QUOTE]

Last question; can I assume that stores will have the stock on the Friday before, so that we don't run into any "we don't get any shipments until Monday/Tuesday" problems, on Sunday?

[quote name='Altanis']Kmart: $88 + tax. ($35 + $17.50 + $35)
Best Buy: $105 + tax, plus $30 in RZ points you have to cash out and use later. Plus you HAVE to preorder and pick up from 3/6 to 3/10
Combo: $88 + tax ($35 + $17.50 at Kmart, plus $35 at Best Buy) and you get $10 in RZ points at Best Buy.

Literally with Best Buy you are saving maybe $7 after everything is said and done, and you have to buy something at a later date. Plus, you can't use RZ certs or GCs at Best Buy and still get the bonuses.

My plan is 2 copies of each from Kmart. One for me, one for my nephew who's going to be getting a late birthday present, and then a set for two friends to split. Total will be about $105 + tax, and I'll cash in the DQ6 points to get all 4 copies for under $100 out of pocket.

If I were to go to Best Buy, it would be $140 + tax (so almost $150), and I'd get $30 in RZ certs. Nowhere near as good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was looking at BB's promo for B+W before K-mart released theirs thinking $10 was nice in case K-mart didn't come through and I read the fine print, lol. I think a lot of people are in for disappointment if they think they can apply one of the games' RZ points to another. Totally agree with your math, I just more or less said the same thing to someone in another thread.

[quote name='Rig']Guess I'll be getting both Black and White...although I didn't put as much time into SoulSilver as I thought I would/could. And, I'll definitely be using up the credit that's on my SYWR card.[/QUOTE]

Same... but I did do most of my brother's HG playing, might have something to do with it.

I think this is the perfect game for newbies to get in on, since you can get all the original 493 in the Dream World thing (eventually), and I'm positive Nintendo planned it that way.

I am kinda worried about this bundle getting rare (bringing hoarders/flippers/ridiculous re-sell value) due to Stockboy's prediction, even if I was to pick this up, I'd want the Black DSi (which is the White bundle, girlfriend wants White anyway), and I'm sure that'll be the more popular version since it should be easier to see the etching? It'll be like MvC3's LE all over again. ;_;

On a different topic, Q: Will Wii games be counted in the "get a free Pokemon game"? Edit: Just checked price on Battle Revolution out of curiosity, I thought GS having it used for $35 was bad, why are all the new prices so fucking high? (Amazon has it for $75.) Was it a limited release?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my copy of Killzone 3 last night. Pretty hilarious because I still didn't see it in the case and went to the electronic's clerk to find out what the deal was, and she was pushing a cart with about 10 copies of Killzone 3 in it, that she was getting ready to stock the case with. I ended up saving her muscles from having to stock at least one copy of the game. :)

And my points were posted this morning. Planning on holding onto the $57 and using it towards the Yakuza 4 deal. THANK YOU KMART OVERLORDS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back