SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sadboy']We scared him away. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Not at all :) If anything I did.....

I am incredibly hard to work for. Not in a mean way but still....very hard.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The deal was definitely set up to only work once, but if the items are returned and coupons forfeited as well I am interested to see what would happen.[/QUOTE]
What if the coupons aren't forfeited though? You probably just dont know for sure at this point, but say I return my coupon purchase minus the cost of the coupons, then rebuy to get in on that SYWR deal thats happening today/tomorrow.

People reported they have gotten 2 sets of the $15/$45 coupons for this weeks deal. Hopefully they're allowed to use them.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Stock Boy to the rescue!

Any idea if you'll be able to update the drop list today? If not if you could email someone the list if you have one and they could post it? I'm way too slow with that kind of crap but I'd do it if nobody else volunteered.[/QUOTE]
Jim was actually supposed to do it before he left today. I will try and post it tonight if he has not.

Looking through the posts I cannot seem to find it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']What if the coupons aren't forfeited though? You probably just dont know for sure at this point, but say I return my coupon purchase minus the cost of the coupons, then rebuy to get in on that SYWR deal thats happening today/tomorrow...[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't returning minus the coupons hurt you more? My thinking is since they are tied to your account the best way is to return them to deactivate them.

Josh, do you know if a $20 PSN card will count towards the $150 bonus points if gotten along with Mortal Kombat and Portal 2?

[quote name='ShockandAww']What if the coupons aren't forfeited though? You probably just dont know for sure at this point, but say I return my coupon purchase minus the cost of the coupons, then rebuy to get in on that SYWR deal thats happening today/tomorrow...[/QUOTE]
Hopefully someone here will catch that and alert them of the problem.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Ad Monster is no longer my associate buyer but is working on a new opportunity in marketing within the company.

I cannot thank Jim enough for his vigilance and wonderful support.

Here is the good news though. Stock Boy has accepted the offer to become my new associate buyer.

I will update the OP but Jim will be going Vacation starting today so I will once again be the principle contact for customer issues. I will update the OP shortly.

With that said, I caught up yesterday evening with everyone but I definitely received some transfers from Jim today that I will work to a answer tonight.[/QUOTE]

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

[quote name='iPhone']Josh, do you know if a $20 PSN card will count towards the $150 bonus points if gotten along with Mortal Kombat and Portal 2?[/QUOTE]
I do not have details on the SYWR promotion but I do not see why not.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Wouldn't returning minus the coupons hurt you more? My thinking is since they are tied to your account the best way is to return them to deactivate them.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I mean I have no plans to do it, I just meant that on the coupons now it specifically says the amount of the coupons is deducted from your return, or something along those lines. So I wasn't even sure that just deactivating was an option.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I do not have details on the SYWR promotion but I do not see why not.[/QUOTE]

Josh, that $25 in points is calling my name. Did you ever figure out whether it was ok to get a second set of $45/15 coupons?

Also, more importantly, is it safe for me to go back into the store I had the horrible experience at? Or should I just play it safe and go elsewhere?:D

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am going to be really working with SYWR in the future so I can post the offers as well so we do not have this issue going forward. I was not aware of this offer, no buyer I know was either.[/QUOTE]

So am I right in assuming we can only get the $60 worth of coupons once this week?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I do not have details on the SYWR promotion but I do not see why not.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking since MK and Portal 2 would trigger two $10 discounts it would actually require an additional $30 purchase to reach the $150 threshold.

Sending you an email of my rec. Josh. No tshirt for me brother......

Picked up P2, MK, and C2.

both coupons printed out for me.

any chance that the original mass effect will be clearanced? its at 20 and my kmart has a 1 beat up copy left. thinking it should be lowered.

I just filled out a Micro Center gaming survey. They email them a few times a year asking what I'll be buying and what it would take to become my first source for games. I usually answer regarding proximity, but this time I explained that they would have to father a thread on CAG the way KMart has and wow us with astounding promotions to even have a chance at it.

Can you imagine a future where every retailer had a presence on CAG?

Just did another transaction at another location, the customer service was perfect! Bought MK, FNC, Oblivion GOTY (is it a good game?), and 1600 xbox points. The 1600 points wasn't deducting to $10 so they had to override it and made MK 49.99 so I'm happy with that. Now my question is I got two $15 & $45 coupons, will they both be valid? I plan on returning games from the first transaction because that store ran out of MS points. Do I bring those coupons that printed there too? An answer would be great :)

Picked up 4 games (MK, AvP, Quantum Theory and Front Mission Evolved) and a $20 PSN card for $138 including tax, and got the $60 in coupons and 15000 bonus SYWR points.

Didn't feel like dropping another $20 to $30 for 10K more points.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Ad Monster is no longer my associate buyer but is working on a new opportunity in marketing within the company.

Here is the good news though. Stock Boy has accepted the offer to become my new associate buyer.

I will update the OP but Jim will be going Vacation starting today so I will once again be the principle contact for customer issues. I will update the OP shortly.

With that said, I caught up yesterday evening with everyone but I definitely received some transfers from Jim today that I will work to a answer tonight.[/QUOTE]
There hasn't been this much upheaval since that tequila bender in Mexico City last year. :whee: It's like Jim was the Weighted Companion Buyer, and just as soon as we started to like him, he was thrown into an Aperture Science Incineration Device marketing. Which might be as bad.

Well, good luck to him. We hardly knew ye.

By the way Josh, I had to do an exchange on a game, but instead of a one-to-one, they did a return, then put the credit on a "Merchandise Return Card," which I had to use to buy the other game. Will that affect my coupons, or will I be ok do you think?

[quote name='sasuke543']Just did another transaction at another location, the customer service was perfect! Bought MK, FNC, Oblivion GOTY (is it a good game?), and 1600 xbox points. The 1600 points wasn't deducting to $10 so they had to override it and made MK 49.99 so I'm happy with that. Now my question is I got two $15 & $45 coupons, will they both be valid? I plan on returning games from the first transaction because that store ran out of MS points. Do I bring those coupons that printed there too? An answer would be great :)[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that you only get the $10 discount for buying MK and Portal 2. You didn't buy Portal 2, so that's why the discount didn't trigger.

[quote name='chuckywang']My understanding is that you only get the $10 discount for buying MK and Portal 2. You didn't buy Portal 2, so that's why the discount didn't trigger.[/QUOTE]
$10 Discount is for EITHER MK or Portal 2 ... if you buy both, it ends up ringing as $20 off the points/cards.

I bought only MK and got $10 off a $20 PSN Card.

Hey Josh quick question.

A buddy of mine bought over $180(P2, MK, and Homefront) worth of games on Tuesday. I just informed him that I received $25 SYWR points and he wants to do a return rebuy.

Will performing a return yield him $60 less since he received the 2 coupons?
Please lmk asap as the deal is over tomorrow for the bonus points.

[quote name='iflabs']If I buy a $59.99 game and try to stack the $15 and $45 coupon, it won't work unless I add some other game to make it $60+?[/QUOTE]

Your concern is valid. You will only be able to apply one of the two coupons unless you add other gaming merchandise to put the total at (or beyond) the total coupon values.

[quote name='DPsycho']This sums up how I feel rather well. I beat Portal 2's single player last night and was blown away. I can't imagine having had to wait until today to pick it up and not having those three nights of playtime before now. I have no regrets.

I'm pretty sure the other games I picked up (and the point card) would've been nabbed by someone else by now anyway. That's what I'm telling myself, anyway, and it's keeping me happy.[/QUOTE]

On one hand it would be nice to know about these fairly frequent Friday-Saturday bonus SYWR deals earlier in the week for planning purposes (or to even get the darn e-mails to begin with). But on the other hand, it would still be a risk/reward situation. Depending on the game and/or offers, I would have to risk it selling out (has happened), losing out on bonus promotional items (same thing), and wait to play the game itself.

For same games that would be perfectly fine for me (especially for discounted older titles), for others maybe not. But yes, having that information ahead of time would be helpful in making those decisions.

Would redeeming SYWR points invalidate the triggers for the SYWR bonus? If I spend $150 but use $50 worth of SYWR points, would I still get the 25,000 point bonus?

[quote name='splintercell']On one hand it would be nice to know about these fairly frequent Friday-Saturday bonus SYWR deals earlier in the week for planning purposes (or to even get the darn e-mails to begin with). But on the other hand, it would still be a risk/reward situation. Depending on the game and/or offers, I would have to risk it selling out (has happened), losing out on bonus promotional items (same thing), and wait to play the game itself.

For same games that would be perfectly fine for me (especially for discounted older titles), for others maybe not. But yes, having that information ahead of time would be helpful in making those decisions.[/QUOTE]

Who cares? You lose nothing by knowing about it ahead of time.

None of the KMARTs within 30 miles have 20$ psn cards, whenever i call they tell me they have 50$ only.( I'm in ontario CA)

[quote name='sna']None of the KMARTs within 30 miles have 20$ psn cards, whenever i call they tell me they have 50$ only.( I'm in ontario CA)[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you want to drive, but the one on Katella in Anaheim has them.

Also, I forgot to mention this but the guy who helped me out in the electronics department on Thursday night at the Katella location was awesome. I was looking to see what games they had and he offered to help me. I told him which games I wanted and he asked me if I knew about the coupons. When I told him yeah, he then said somethin like, "Well, do you have a Rewards card and a valid e-mail with it? Because with out those, the coupons won't print." Not only was he very helpful, but he knew the ins and outs of the deal, which was cool to see when everyone here complains about the employees at their K-Marts.

I sent you guys an email, my Kmart experiences over the last few days have been.....less than stellar.:bomb:

[quote name='rebelmusic']I don't know if you want to drive, but the one on Katella in Anaheim has them.

Also, I forgot to mention this but the guy who helped me out in the electronics department on Thursday night at the Katella location was awesome. I was looking to see what games they had and he offered to help me. I told him which games I wanted and he asked me if I knew about the coupons. When I told him yeah, he then said somethin like, "Well, do you have a Rewards card and a valid e-mail with it? Because with out those, the coupons won't print." Not only was he very helpful, but he knew the ins and outs of the deal, which was cool to see when everyone here complains about the employees at their K-Marts.[/QUOTE]

thanks, i will drive for this deal

[quote name='chuckywang']Would redeeming SYWR points invalidate the triggers for the SYWR bonus? If I spend $150 but use $50 worth of SYWR points, would I still get the 25,000 point bonus?[/QUOTE]

I HAVE GOOD NEWS!

I have a gazillion (not really, but over $200) in SYWR points. I bought a Chest Freezer for $159.99 and paid for it all in SYWR points and still got the $25 bonus so paying in SYWR has no effect what-so-ever on the bonus.

I did notice their was a flyer advertising the deal that mentioned all major appliances were excluded from the promo and it even mentioned freezers but I still got it; maybe chest freezers are considered real freezers.... I dunno....

Also, I never got an e-mail advertising the deal but it was advertised under my promotions on my shopyourwayrewards website page.

I think tomorrow if this works at sears as well i'm going to snag the original God of War chains of olympus PSP bundle from my local store because it'd be a cool collectors item to keep sealed and see if I get a second $25 bonus when I use the bonus I just got. Unless anyone saw fine print that would exclude getting in on the deal more then once

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Funny, EA was just in today talking with me on these two titles. Yes, very solid deals.[/QUOTE]

Terrific news! If Kmart gets deals on No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (August), Catherine (July), Arkham City (October), and Uncharted 3 (November) then Kmart will have all my video game business for the rest of the year.

Honestly, Kmart has had most of my video game business in 2010. Every recently released game I've bought this year I've bought from Kmart. GameStop hasn't been pleased with me responding "Kmart will most likely have a great week 1 deal, so I'll go there." to them always asking if I want to preorder anything.

Keep up the great work and don't ever change, Josh!

Does Josh have a number where he can be reached? I had a horrible experience at the Anaheim, CA Kmart on Katella.

The manager told me that the coupons wouldn't work with $20 PSN gift cards. I had called 10+ Kmart stores just to find a place with 6 of these cards and drove nearly 100 miles roundtrip to go. Three cards had already scanned and I eventually just told the manager that I would buy them anyway and just get compensated by Josh later. At this point she told the cashier to void the cards and took the other 3 that hadn't been scanned and refused to sell them to me. She had this smug attitude the whole time and didn't give a crap that I had driven out of my way, wasted loads of gas (4.55/gal in CA). What the hell is this shit?

For people who are going to say email him, I have before and not gotten responses, so I would rather call if possible.

Just got back from Kmart, finally getting in on this deal. Nice to see someone else form CAG there at the Harrisonburg, VA store. I'm assuming you will see this and if you do, they think you did not get the bonus points because your account did not have a registered e-mail address.

More about this here if he sees this:
During my transaction my e-mail popped up on the screen or something and at that point they realized yours did not when you checked out.

I signed up at that store and I know my information never got filled in on my account. I was initially not able to register online and had to call in to get my info attached to my SYWR card. You said you registered online though so I don't know.

Unfortunately there was still no sign of Crysis 2, at least for PS3, and it sounded like they never had it. They did finally have a price posted in the case for Xbox 360 but no copies in the display. That was the only game I really wanted to pick up. I'd have been happy just buying $20 PSN cards, but they only had 3 left. They had tons of Xbox 360 points cards, but I don't have much use for them. I picked up 2 anyway since I didn't see much else I wanted.

Along with the points cards I ended up buying Rock Band 3 for Xbox 360 and Golden Sun Dark Dawn for DS. I'm pretty disappointed with having to settle for Golden Sun Dark Dawn at $35 ($19.99 at Amazon) instead of Crysis 2 but the store was closing and I needed to add something else around that price. Regardless still an awesome deal overall.

edit: bah forgot PSN was down guess I have to wait to spend all my new points

[quote name='jling84']Does Josh have a number where he can be reached? I had a horrible experience at the Anaheim, CA Kmart on Katella.

The manager told me that the coupons wouldn't work with $20 PSN gift cards. I had called 10+ Kmart stores just to find a place with 6 of these cards and drove nearly 100 miles roundtrip to go. Three cards had already scanned and I eventually just told the manager that I would buy them anyway and just get compensated by Josh later. At this point she told the cashier to void the cards and took the other 3 that hadn't been scanned and refused to sell them to me. She had this smug attitude the whole time and didn't give a crap that I had driven out of my way, wasted loads of gas (4.55/gal in CA). What the hell is this shit?

For people who are going to say email him, I have before and not gotten responses, so I would rather call if possible.[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's Friday night.

[quote name='aznhero913']Will performing a return yield him $60 less since he received the 2 coupons?[/QUOTE]
Your friend should receive the full amount.

[quote name='jling84']Does Josh have a number where he can be reached? I had a horrible experience at the Anaheim, CA Kmart on Katella.

For people who are going to say email him, I have before and not gotten responses, so I would rather call if possible.[/QUOTE]
I have already emailed you back, I have responded to every single customer issue I have ever received without exception. When you have the time please email me the issue you experienced that you did not receive a response from before and I would love to help out with that one as well.

If I buy MK and portal 2 plus a 1600 msp card will I get the -$10 twice? And will it trigger the $60 coupons since it falls shortb from 120 after the discount?

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Josh quick question.

A buddy of mine bought over $180(P2, MK, and Homefront) worth of games on Tuesday. I just informed him that I received $25 SYWR points and he wants to do a return rebuy.

Will performing a return yield him $60 less since he received the 2 coupons?
Please lmk asap as the deal is over tomorrow for the bonus points.[/QUOTE]
I do not believe it will hurt him if the original coupons are forfeited, I am not sure though. Has anyone accomplished the return rebuy for the SYWR bonus?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I do not believe it will hurt him if the original coupons are forfeited, I am not sure though. Has anyone accomplished the return rebuy for the SYWR bonus?[/QUOTE]
I also received your email and will be helping your friend as well.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I do not believe it will hurt him if the original coupons are forfeited, I am not sure though. Has anyone accomplished the return rebuy for the SYWR bonus?[/QUOTE]
I did two return/rebuys (one for the SYWR bonus), just to get my selection right. :'(

[quote name='aem']Just got back from Kmart, finally getting in on this deal. Nice to see someone else form CAG there at the Harrisonburg, VA store. I'm assuming you will see this and if you do, they think you did not get the bonus points because your account did not have a registered e-mail address.

More about this here if he sees this:
During my transaction my e-mail popped up on the screen or something and at that point they realized yours did not when you checked out.

I signed up at that store and I know my information never got filled in on my account. I was initially not able to register online and had to call in to get my info attached to my SYWR card. You said you registered online though so I don't know.

Unfortunately there was still no sign of Crysis 2, at least for PS3, and it sounded like they never had it. They did finally have a price posted in the case for Xbox 360 but no copies in the display. That was the only game I really wanted to pick up. I'd have been happy just buying $20 PSN cards, but they only had 3 left. They had tons of Xbox 360 points cards, but I don't have much use for them. I picked up 2 anyway since I didn't see much else I wanted.

Along with the points cards I ended up buying Rock Band 3 for Xbox 360 and Golden Sun Dark Dawn for DS. I'm pretty disappointed with having to settle for Golden Sun Dark Dawn at $35 ($19.99 at Amazon) instead of Crysis 2 but the store was closing and I needed to add something else around that price. Regardless still an awesome deal overall.

edit: bah forgot PSN was down guess I have to wait to spend all my new points[/QUOTE]

Howdy, that was me. Thanks for the info. I checked my account again and my email is listed in there, but I don't think I'm a bonus member. I might just have to go back to the store again. I've been on hold with SYWR for like half an hour so far bah.

[quote name='sadboy']I did two return/rebuys (one for the SYWR bonus), just to get my selection right. :'([/QUOTE]
Well that sucks, did it work alright though?

[quote name='sadboy']I did two return/rebuys (one for the SYWR bonus), just to get my selection right. :'([/QUOTE]
So they just took/canceled out the original coupons and gave you a full refund back basically, Or let you do an even exchange for the games full values?

Damn if I'd known for sure I could have, I would have done that and gotten in on that SYWR bonus. I was too busy though to do that today anyway I guess.

Kmart and their crazy good deals..

[quote name='MoHGamer']If I buy MK and portal 2 plus a 1600 msp card will I get the -$10 twice? And will it trigger the $60 coupons since it falls shortbfeom 120 after the discount?[/QUOTE]

Someone in the thread mentioned that the double discount actually did happen, but at that point you would not get the full coupon amount due to falling short of the $120 threshold. Probably just best to get two in any case, as you're still getting each of them at 50% off. With the way MS loves to charge for any sort of download, you'll probably need them. That's one of the reasons Valve favored PS3 for a console version of Steamworks. Now if only Sony could get the PSN back up. :headache:

[quote name='sadboy']Your friend should receive the full amount.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Thanks!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I also received your email and will be helping your friend as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again.......whew.
I'm all out of thanks.

[quote name='ShockandAww']So they just took/canceled out the original coupons and gave you a full refund back basically?[/QUOTE]
I included them along with my receipt for good measure. I don't know whether those coupons were forfeited internally.

[quote name='sna']None of the KMARTs within 30 miles have 20$ psn cards, whenever i call they tell me they have 50$ only.( I'm in ontario CA)[/QUOTE]

Good to know, thanks. Im in North Hollywood and the 3 stores I called in the area didnt have any either, only the $50. I did a bit of scouring the stores but no luck. Ended up getting P2, Socom 4, and Crysis 2. The points and coupons make this such an amazing deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back