Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

A glitch... for BLOOD HARVEST!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Count me IN. I loathe that campaign with a passion and after taking nearly a week to beat it without a glitch I'd love to make it my personal bitch. I'm so down.

I tried the "Jesus Room" glitch for No Mercy last night. I and another player held out in there while the other two guys just messed around outside until they died. When the chopper came, we both booked it, but he got hooked by a smoker. I made it out on the copter, but go no achievement for it. I'm guessing the glitch was left but they took out the achievement for it?

I'm down 9 - 10 pm EST tonight. Again if you see me online send me a game request. I'm not sure if the Dashboard finale glitch is still working judging by Hume not getting an achievement but I guess we'll find out.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']His Box died a week or so ago. It's going to be a while before we'll see him on Live. ;([/QUOTE]

oh.......that blows. sorry cmart.

I'm still on though I'm not sure about anyone else. The closer we are to a full human party for BH the better. I'm probably going to leave soon though so if we're gonna do this let's get it on.

[quote name='paz9x']my father in law is visiting, and him and my wife are STILL watching stupidass show.[/quote]

My condolences. ;(

Ah well... I guess I'll hit you guys up tomorrow. I'm headin' back to drillin' in more RE 5 runs in the demo and maybe a little Mass Effect before I drift off.

Later.

[quote name='Anexanhume']I tried the "Jesus Room" glitch for No Mercy last night. I and another player held out in there while the other two guys just messed around outside until they died. When the chopper came, we both booked it, but he got hooked by a smoker. I made it out on the copter, but go no achievement for it. I'm guessing the glitch was left but they took out the achievement for it?[/quote]

Which achievement were you trying to get? If it was untouchables, all 4 survivors have to take no damage. If your 3 teammates died after calling for rescue then you shouldn't get the achievement. :p

[quote name='bs000']Which achievement were you trying to get? If it was untouchables, all 4 survivors have to take no damage. If your 3 teammates died after calling for rescue then you shouldn't get the achievement. :p[/quote]

No, it was the zombicidal maniac. I got it last night with FoxHoundADAM on No Mercy, and then I played with DiscoDuck for a while before I went to bed.

edit: I'll likely be on again tonight (8pm pacific until 10:30 or so) for any expert runs.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Anexanhume']No, it was the zombicidal maniac. I got it last night with FoxHoundADAM on No Mercy, and then I played with DiscoDuck for a while before I went to bed.

edit: I'll likely be on again tonight (8pm pacific until 10:30 or so) for any expert runs.[/quote]

I still need to beat Blood Harvest on expert, if anyone wants to take a go at it tonight.

Can we all agree on a time tonight? I'm still available from 8 PM EST until however long the party lasts and interested in the glitch so give me a time and consider the lobby created.

Like I said, I'm available from 7:30 (likely 8 PM) pacific until 11 PM pacific, 10-1 central, 11-2 Eastern. Add me if you haven't, and if you see me come online, invite me. Otherwise I'll be looking for games/lobbies other CAG's are already in.

Alright. Well I'm going to send FRs to all willing participants that aren't already on my list and create a party 8 - 10 EST. Party and GRs to anyone online or signing on at the time. Once we get a full party (or become impatient enough...) we'll start and invite whomever is left out of a game once people drop out.

If you see me in a game double check to see if you can join in. Deal?

Party is set up and all we need is one more person. We're going to start ahead soon so anyone who wants to join in just invite yourself to the game.

A couple of people in the party dropped so we could use a fourth player. Good runs btw Ninja + Duck.

P.S. - Jesus Tractor glitch is PURE PAIN. D:

Worst glitch in the game by far and nearly useless since only two people can fit on that tiny roof. Despite the resistance though we handled Blood Harvest AGAIN tonight (I successfully dodged BOTH Tanks from punching my character's lights out :D) and helped knocked out Nothing Special for my teammates.

I'm so glad to be a two-time BH EXP survivor. Man... that campaign is back in the day Contra/Battletoads/The Karate Kid blowing in the cartridge really DID work hard. I'm down for another run tomorrow same time so feel free to message me.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Worst glitch in the game by far and nearly useless since only two people can fit on that tiny roof. Despite the resistance though we handled Blood Harvest AGAIN tonight (I successfully dodged BOTH Tanks from punching my character's lights out :D) and helped knocked out Nothing Special for my teammates.

I'm so glad to be a two-time BH EXP survivor. Man... that campaign is back in the day Contra/Battletoads/The Karate Kid blowing in the cartridge really DID work hard. I'm down for another run tomorrow same time so feel free to message me.[/quote]

I'm still miffed it robbed me of the BH achievement. We even did that one legit :lol:

I know right? I still don't understand why you didn't get it and that's exactly why we're going to do it again tonight. Hell I got when I was already dead for about 10 minutes the first time around. ;\

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Worst glitch in the game by far and nearly useless since only two people can fit on that tiny roof. Despite the resistance though we handled Blood Harvest AGAIN tonight (I successfully dodged BOTH Tanks from punching my character's lights out :D) and helped knocked out Nothing Special for my teammates.

I'm so glad to be a two-time BH EXP survivor. Man... that campaign is back in the day Contra/Battletoads/The Karate Kid blowing in the cartridge really DID work hard. I'm down for another run tomorrow same time so feel free to message me.[/QUOTE]

How long does it take you to finish a campaign on expert?

Yep. The dashboard glitch still works my friend. I showed them the Dead Air glitch and that's where we finished up their Nothing Special achievements. Hilariously enough now if you smack the gun too much and jump on the far left of the bean bags you'll slingshot above the wing in an arch and land in the fire. Insta-death. I could have sworn they fixed it because I was screwing up so much, haha.

The biggest problem was not having a fourth and figuring out a way to to kill Zoey after starting the fuel pump. I couldn't make the jump for the fourth go so I had them kill me. It worked out rather well.

[quote name='jza1218']How long does it take you to finish a campaign on expert?[/quote]

Legit run + all chapters + good team = Avg. 6 - 8 hours if you get lucky. Usually it's an all nighter depending on how hard the AI Director comes down on your team.

Dashboard glitch + finale + good team = 4 - 8 hours if everything can come together.

Dashboard glitch + finale + Jesus glitch for No Mercy, Dead Air, Death Toll = 20 minutes - ? depending on whether or not you're going for more achievements.

The BH Jesus glitch seriously isn't worth it. As much as I hate to admit it... it is honestly easier to beat the campaign the legit way. The dashboard glitch for the finale is mandatory though because you aren't likely to beat it on the first night. It took me a week and that was with a great team. I've got a decent handle on the map now though so it all comes down to formulating a plan your team is willing to stick with and communicating.

The most successful set up we've had is in the barn with or without items to set the Tanks on fire. You basically rush from the Safe Room (check your corners and cover your back for zombies that tend to hide behind trees) to the house because anyone who does die will insta-spawn there. If you can find a gas tank or molotovs more power to you, but they aren't mandatory. You can still get by without them. It's just harder.

Once you've reach the house and finished your item search you'll want to balance your team up. Two of you with ARs and the other two with Auto Shotguns regardless of whether or not you have access to fire for the Tanks. ARs for special infected while AS play the role of an added insurance policy should you miss a Tank or all hell has broken loose.

Head to the barn and have your team crouch to the wall on the far right next to the ammo. You want to be in the corner more or less but space out a bit so you won't hit each other and have a better view of the ladder and hay, but close enough so whenever a Smoker snags someone you'll be in perfect range to melee them off quickly. The far right corner of the ladder is where Smokers and Boomers tend to spawn the most so be aware. CROUCH MELEE SAVES LIVES SO I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. When backed against a corner and bundled together your team forms a nigh penetrable shield capable of downing entire hordes minus damage infliction when done properly.

Melee whenever you have to reload or help defend someone while they pick up another, communicate, save pills for outrunning Tanks when you're low on health and pay attention to the music. If you don't see the Tank there's a good chance he's either spawned behind the barn, directly below you INSIDE the barn or somewhere in the house so remain aware. Special infected tend to spawn with them so prioritize killing them asap while on your search. If you're running away from a Tank make sure to turn around periodically to avoid backing into debris. Don't worry about him throwing objects because by the time his animation is finished the house will absorb the blow as you make the turn.

If someone is being chased by the Tank and you've got a clear shot then hammer him from behind. If they get punched it's game over for them so swarm him and break away IMMEDIATELY once they've bit the dust. It's actually easier to have one person get chased and the rest of the team attack as they round the house. Again break away if and when targets someone else.

Once you've killed him it's back to the barn if you can make it. Rinse, wash, repeat. Compensate for any loss in your team with crouch melee and remain aware of special infected. Once you've killed the last Tank make a MAD DASH for the front of the barn because THAT IS WHERE THE APC IS GOING TO STOP. After that it's basically up to you guys. Run and melee if you're close enough to hop in and pray. >_>

Good luck man.

P.S. - Always kill Boomers from long range and NEVER let them get close enough to melee. An Expert Tank is dangerous enough but Boomer bile WILL tag on an extra horde if it hits anyone so kill them as soon as humanly possible. It's extremely difficult to recognize Tank music while a horde is screaming and both of them put together is asking for trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, once I joined (not saying I made it happen), we only spent about 2 hours on the BH finale. How long were you guys playing before that? The way I see it, if you're going to die, it will be before the cornfield. If you make it to the house, then it's just a question of whether or not you can survive both tanks.

As for me not getting the achievement, I can only guess it's because I went idle to change my battery. I need to get a play and charge kit :D

I'm not sure. I'd say at least 3 - 4 hours but I wasn't pay attention. Obviously the style of play, level of yourself and teammates will definitely lessen the amount of time it takes. Those were just my personal averages because I'm not that great on my own. ;(

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I'm not sure. I'd say at least 3 - 4 hours but I wasn't pay attention. Obviously the style of play, level of yourself and teammates will definitely lessen the amount of time it takes. Those were just my personal averages because I'm not that great on my own. ;([/quote]

No one is that great on their own. Teammates (and their strategy) are everything. Stay together and know how to support each other and you're 1000x better than one awesome guy with 3 other players who don't give a crap or the AI itself.

After we finish BH I need to find a group for the other two I haven't done (I've done NM already).

True. Until I started posting here I couldn't rely on most of the teammates on my friend list so essentially I was forced to play and rely on myself. Now unless I'm the last man standing you can count on me to wreck shit. I've finally become a fairly decent player and an asset to any team. :D

What other achievements are left on your profile? I've got Red Mist, Zombie Geno and four more Versus left so I'm far from done with this game.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']True. Until I started posting here I couldn't rely on most of the teammates on my friend list so essentially I was forced to play and rely on myself. Now unless I'm the last man standing I've become a fairly decent player and an asset to any team.

What other achievements are left on your profile? I've got Red Mist, Zombie Geno and four more Versus left so I'm far from done with this game.[/quote]

I've actually just started the game this past weekend so I've only got about 445 out of the 1000. I have exactly half. Some of the easier ones are field medic, pharm assist and dead giveaway. I have no versus achievements, and I still need some of the tougher ones like man vs tank, akimbo, cr0wnd, untouchables and unbreakable. I'm sure I can get some of those by trouncing through a campaign on easy though.

You should be able to swing all of them with the dashboard and Jesus glitches in a hour or so. Just modify the difficulty to Easy for Cr0wnd & Man Vs. Tank w/ the Auto Shotgun. You can definitely get Akimbo, Untouchables and Unbreakable with either of them. Obviously BH is the best campaign to get Cr0wnd because the game usually spawns a Witch before the house no matter what.

bread's done
Back