Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

DBG = Taking advantage of a L4D glitch that allows everyone free access to campaign achievements by starting and finishing the finale only.

It's done by having one person create a lobby, start the game, invite the rest of the party in then back out onto the dash for a reinvitation. The only catch is that everyone has to start at the dash and if your character ever goes idle in the game you won't get the achievement even if you survive.

JG = An exploit on the map that allows players to evade hordes, special infected and glitch kill Tanks hence the name "Jesus Glitch".

No Mercy
has the Jesus Room which you can attract and trick a horde into breaking down a door which will allow you access into a room. It's much easier to watch done than explain and YouTube has tons of videos on it. The programming is flawed so all zombies, special infected, Tanks and such can't run up the steps to gain access into the room so long as you hug the wall and remain there. Every so often two or three might drop down but they rarely run in. They just stand there staring at you in awe giving you enough time to kill them.

It isn't perfect though because the glitch will sometimes kill the second Tank, but freeze the game. The music will continue playing and you'll have to restart.

Dead Air has the Jesus Plane in which you can use a physics glitch on the gatling gun to slingshot your team on top of the plane where only Smokers can get to you. You basically crouch melee the gun until the bounce is adequate and jump on top of it. Once on top you simply crouch melee together in the middle of the plane to render Smokers useless then run to tail of plane. You'll phase right through it without taking damage right in front of the opening.

Death Toll has the Jesus Bolder/Rock/Whatever the hell you want to call it in which your team leaps on top of these rocks right next to the pier. It's so high off the ground and water that again only Smokers can get to you. Crouch melee to deal with them and you can kill Tanks yourself at your own discretion. Add the ridiculous amount of Pipe Bombs you usually find in the house and it's a guaranteed achievement.

Blood Harvest has the Jesus Tractor... but I'm not going to bother explaining that retarded glitch and not because someone already described it a few pages ago. The reason I'm against it besides the high level of difficulty required for pulling the jump off are the limitations of the glitch itself. Also the abundance of special infected and hordes auto-spawning whenever someone enters the cornfield. It's such a small roof you can only fit two people on top of it anyway. Unless you can pull it off consistently or are particularly in a masochistic mood I wouldn't try it.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I wish the game kept tally of what you did to get them. That way my friends Man Vs Tank on expert
would be so manly...until he says how he got it hah.[/quote]

yeah most of my achievements were on expert and same as your friend I wouldn't be able to tell you how I got Man Vs. Tank on Expert but I did lol

[quote name='cmart05']yeah most of my achievements were on expert and same as your friend I wouldn't be able to tell you how I got Man Vs. Tank on Expert but I did lol[/quote]

Actually, I bet someone circling the house in BH could lead the tank while the person following unloaded with an assault rifle (to keep distance).

Yeah Hume's strategy would work if everyone had green health and the target didn't get clobbered from behind. Man Vs. Tank on Expert is definitely doable and awards at the very least a 1000 man points afterward.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Yeah Hume's strategy would work if everyone had green health and the target didn't get clobbered from behind. Man Vs. Tank on Expert is definitely doable and awards at the very least a 1000 man points afterward.[/quote]

Sweet, so spoken and written variations of my name include, but are not limited to: Anex, anexhamburger, axenhammer, and now hume. :lol:

Now back on topic, who's going to be on again tonight?

I just beat the 2nd campaign, but I'm kinda mad. I got screwed out of 2 achievements by the game on the very last Chapter. The not healing one and the don't get barfed on one. When you melee a Boomer on a balcony, back up to the other side of it, and kill a boomer who is on the edge of the deck (I'm facing the water here) you should be out of range from boomer vomit. Oh, and for some reason I have to go around meleeing Zombies with my Health pack because the AI can't take a hint that I DON'T WANT TO HEAL >_

My bad. It's only because I'm lazy and you never specified plus writing "Ane" comes across as rather feminine to me. Most people butcher my Live tag even after I've provided an explanation in my profile so I can sort of relate.

I can start calling you Wrex though if you're more partial to that. :D

Anyway, I'm on for tonight. I'm itching to help kill more Tanks on Expert.

the dash trick is so lame. I don't know why anyone would glitch these achievements. Isn't the purpose of this whole system to try new things and strive for something while having fun? Whats so fun about glitching the system and getting awarded a bunch of useless points. I personally use achievements as a checklist for all the cool things I've done in video games. I don't really plan on adding cheated to that checklist.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']the dash trick is so lame. I don't know why anyone would glitch these achievements. Isn't the purpose of this whole system to try new things and strive for something while having fun? Whats so fun about glitching the system and getting awarded a bunch of useless points. I personally use achievements as a checklist for all the cool things I've done in video games. I don't really plan on adding cheated to that checklist.[/QUOTE]

seriously? have you played all the way through expert blood harvest? ive spent hours on the finale itself. itd be impossible just to get people together that are able to spend the amount of time it requires.

while i agree with your feeling on achievements in general it doesnt apply to expert runs on l4d, especially blood harvest expert runs.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']the dash trick is so lame. I don't know why anyone would glitch these achievements. Isn't the purpose of this whole system to try new things and strive for something while having fun? Whats so fun about glitching the system and getting awarded a bunch of useless points. I personally use achievements as a checklist for all the cool things I've done in video games. I don't really plan on adding cheated to that checklist.[/quote]

lol

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']
Blood Harvest has the Jesus Tractor... but I'm not going to bother explaining that retarded glitch and not because someone already described it a few pages ago. The reason I'm against it besides the high level of difficulty required for pulling the jump off are the limitations of the glitch itself. Also the abundance of special infected and hordes auto-spawning whenever someone enters the cornfield. It's such a small roof you can only fit two people on top of it anyway. Unless you can pull it off consistently or are particularly in a masochistic mood I wouldn't try it.[/quote]

We really did waste a lot of time on that. Really frustrating. The equivalent of stabbing your eye with a fork.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']the dash trick is so lame. I don't know why anyone would glitch these achievements. Isn't the purpose of this whole system to try new things and strive for something while having fun? Whats so fun about glitching the system and getting awarded a bunch of useless points. I personally use achievements as a checklist for all the cool things I've done in video games. I don't really plan on adding cheated to that checklist.[/quote]

LOL.

Cry me a river.

I haven't the slightest idea as to what compelled you to waltz in here at random and care enough to judge another player for their method of choice when achievement hunting given the fact it really is none of your business. If you don't want to cheat, that's fine. I couldn't care less. You certainly won't see me standing atop my jewel encrusted platinum holier than thou soapbox to preach to you about the ills of cheating in a game. :roll:

What's so fun about averaging an obscene number of hours a week night or weekend with friends drudging along through campaigns only to die repeatedly to Tanks spawning without the benefit of a music cue inside of narrow hallways?

How many Expert campaigns have you played from start to finish, huh?

Do you have any idea how much of a jackass you sound like right now?

God forbid some people either can't afford to or have no desire what so ever dedicating the time it WOULD take to earn some of the most irritating L4D achievements legitimately. Especially when or if they've already broken their necks trying to do it the legit way only to die because the AI Director felt like spawning Special Infected vast array of situations where it knew you couldn't do a damn thing about it. Or because the bot AI is so damn retarded you'd be better off killing them yourself before they get you killed.

How about you either teach us "cheating losers" how to play better or shut the f*ck up and leave.

Expert Blood Harvest is NOT fun.

[quote name='paz9x']seriously? have you played all the way through expert blood harvest? ive spent hours on the finale itself. itd be impossible just to get people together that are able to spend the amount of time it requires.

while i agree with your feeling on achievements in general it doesnt apply to expert runs on l4d, especially blood harvest expert runs.[/QUOTE]

False. Check back a few pages. A group of friends and I did this the full way through.

hey everyone! i got this game when it first came out but finally got around to playing it now. id really like to find a group of us who want to go through the entire campaign with me. i only beat "no mercy" so far. on "death toll" me and the random people keep making it to end part where you wait for the boat and everyone just leaves the game. so im by myself with the AI and we never make it. so like i said id love to get a solid group of people who are willing to play through the game with me. my gamertag is sublime90 feel free to add me and i'll be willing to play when ever i can. peace

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']My bad. It's only because I'm lazy and you never specified plus writing "Ane" comes across as rather feminine to me. Most people butcher my Live tag even after I've provided an explanation in my profile so I can sort of relate.

I can start calling you Wrex though if you're more partial to that. :D

Anyway, I'm on for tonight. I'm itching to help kill more Tanks on Expert.[/quote]

It's ok, it's actually amusing :D I've found Anex works, or my real name is Chris.

I didn't play normal time last night because I was waiting later than usual for a call with my fiancee. My guess is I'll be on again tonight. Up for any expert run or some sort of achievement run (I got unbreakable earlier last night).

[quote name='cmart05']my xbox should be shipping out today so probably getting it back soon[/quote]

Ill. Very fucking ill. Keep us posted my friend.

Anex: Anex it is, haha. Congratulations on Unbreakable btw. So the party set up I had last time works best for you? Let me know whenever you can.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Ill. Very fucking ill. Keep us posted my friend.

Anex: Anex it is, haha. Congratulations on Unbreakable btw. So the party set up I had last time works best for you? Let me know whenever you can.[/quote]

I was on last night but you were the only friend I saw so I didn't invite you. I suppose I'll probably be on again tonight. I have 3/4 levels on expert, so I think I'm only missing death toll, but I'm up for anything. Long way to go to genocide achievement.

I have to air a pet peeve right now. Not to pick on the guy but I just left a comment in the blog of someone who reviewed Left 4 Dead who said it was short. 40 to 50 minutes per campaign. I've seen this in tons of "professional" reviews on game sites and player reviews as well. And it just feels untrue and a deterrent to people reading the reviews to pick the game up. Anyone playing even advanced knows the game goes longer. Expert to me feels like the "true" experience since it so often ends in screaming and a hail of bullets. Who's with me?

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I have to air a pet peeve right now. Not to pick on the guy but I just left a comment in the blog of someone who reviewed Left 4 Dead who said it was short. 40 to 50 minutes per campaign. I've seen this in tons of "professional" reviews on game sites and player reviews as well. And it just feels untrue and a deterrent to people reading the reviews to pick the game up. Anyone playing even advanced knows the game goes longer. Expert to me feels like the "true" experience since it so often ends in screaming and a hail of bullets. Who's with me?[/quote]

Sure. This game is a multiplayer game that happens to have a single player experience, as opposed to the other way around. Multiplayer games have inherently more re-playability, so people really need to take this into account when they review the game.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Sure. This game is a multiplayer game that happens to have a single player experience, as opposed to the other way around. Multiplayer games have inherently more re-playability, so people really need to take this into account when they review the game.[/quote]

Absolutely. I mean, Single Player is the third option in the menu for god's sake.

On another note, I am down for playing any time today if someone wants to do some expert runs or even form a VS team.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Man just tried to do the dashboard glitch and it didnt work.

Bah.[/quote]

Did you go idle at all?

[quote name='Soodmeg']Man just tried to do the dashboard glitch and it didnt work.

Bah.[/quote]

If you still haven't gotten the hang of it then team up with me and Ivan tonight. It never fails for us.

No I didnt go idle at all.

I am still trying to get nothing special and I would love to team up ink so well.

Thanks.

fuckING BULLSHIT!

I just went through the entire fucking game and not once did anyone get hit by anything and we didnt get nothing special. What the fuck.

Wow. Now I hope people realize why some of us have resorted to cheating in this game. I lost count of how many legit campaign runs I did on different difficulties and STILL didn't get it because a bot got hit for doing something extremely stupid or the AI director spawned a Hunter/Boomer/Smoker right behind me just as I was about to make the rescue.

After a while you just can't take it anymore.

Trust me. Team up with us tonight and we'll knock that shit out on Dead Air. Guaranteed.

What time tonight and can I bring 1 friend? Me and him have been trying to do just nothing special for a while now. (EST by the way)

You are right, I simply can not take it anymore. I dont care how the hell I get this just as long as I do. I have been trying to get this so long that is making me not like the game anymore which is sad.

We need as many people as we can get because we usually can't find enough to form a whole party so bring him along. Plans may change so subs are definitely welcome. As for a time we're usually ready to play or at least setting up a party around and waiting for more people to show up around 8 - 9 EST.

I play this game religiously. Ever since I bought it after Thanksgiving, it has not left my 360 since.

If anyone wants to play sometime, throw me an invite or a friend request.

[quote name='Soodmeg']All I have to say is fuck this game sideways.[/quote]

I fell asleep really early yesterday. I take it you guys didn't get Nothing Special? Does the dashboard glitch still work?

Yeah it still works but it for some reason would not unlock for me and my friend. We tried doing it for about 4 hours and still didnt get it.

Anex got a few cheese though but either the game would spawn a hunter right on top of us or a boomer would be standing in the god damn plane when we tried to jump down.

I want to try again in a few days though.

The closest we ever got was when a Smoker grabbed someone from the team for not even A FULL SECOND AND THEY STILL DIDN'T GET IT AFTER WE FINISHED WITHOUT BEING TOUCHED BY ANOTHER SPECIAL INFECTED. The initial encounter didn't even damage anyone!

Bullshit is the only word I can think of to accurately describe such an infuriating moment. As I've said before in the past whomever said you can get Nothing Special even if you are touched by special infected had their game glitch or they weren't paying attention. WTH VALVE @ YOUR HARDEST ACHIEVEMENTS CONVENIENTLY LEAVING OUT CRITICAL INFORMATION LIKE THIS. I had to find out the hard way and for once I'm disappointed to have been correct all along.

I'm definitely down to help you guys out again. Just say the word and I'm there. I feel like a major dick for making a guarantee the game refused to let me honor. ;\

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']The closest we ever got was when a Smoker grabbed someone from the team for not even A FULL SECOND AND THEY STILL DIDN'T GET IT AFTER WE FINISHED WITHOUT BEING TOUCHED BY ANOTHER SPECIAL INFECTED. The initial encounter didn't even damage anyone!

Bullshit is the only word I can think of to accurately describe such an infuriating moment. As I've said before in the past whomever said you can get Nothing Special even if you are touched by special infected had their game glitch or they weren't paying attention. WTH VALVE @ YOUR HARDEST ACHIEVEMENTS CONVENIENTLY LEAVING OUT CRITICAL INFORMATION LIKE THIS. I had to find out the hard way and for once I'm disappointed to have been correct all along.

I'm definitely down to help you guys out again. Just say the word and I'm there. I feel like a major dick for making a guarantee the game refused to let me honor. ;\[/quote]

What the game did to us last night was criminal :D

I'll be up for it again tonight. I'll probably be playing HL2 so send an invite if you see me online and don't have a full party yet.

I finally was able to pick up L4D...Anyone feel like showing a L4D n00b the ropes? I think only one other person in my Clan has it (Dark Horse Gamers), so I need to find some peeps to slay some zombies with...

Drop me an invite!

fuck YAY! fuck YAY! Thats right.

Finally got Nothing Special thus completing my 1000/1000 for L4D all legit expect for the before mentioned nothing special.

Feels like the weight of the world is off my shoulders.

bread's done
Back