LEGO Deals 3

OK odd question. Has anyone had to contact Lego for a missing piece? My son and I were building the Wall-E ideas set this week and one of the eyepieces is missing. I've also heard Wall-E has another issue, the neck pivot maybe? The set is older at this point, is there anything I need to provide to get proper parts? Thanks.

OK odd question. Has anyone had to contact Lego for a missing piece? My son and I were building the Wall-E ideas set this week and one of the eyepieces is missing. I've also heard Wall-E has another issue, the neck pivot maybe? The set is older at this point, is there anything I need to provide to get proper parts? Thanks.
Not at odd question at all, LEGO still has the best costumer service.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts
You type in the set number and look for the piece you are missing. If the piece isn't in the list you go to the back of the Wall-e instructions, every piece is listed and you just type in the number.

You probably can email them about that Wall-e issue at the same time. If it's a new produced Wall-e I think it comes with the correction to stabilize the head. Or at least I hope, I got one for Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow did the TRU tax go up or something? I couldn't find a single new set that wasn't ridiculously overpriced. Usually they put out at least some stuff at MSRP. Luckily krypto is available in other sets.

Wow did the TRU tax go up or something? I couldn't find a single new set that wasn't ridiculously overpriced. Usually they put out at least some stuff at MSRP. Luckily krypto is available in other sets.
If you want that polybag you get it free Feb 15-23 (Check those dates might be off) with and DC Girls Super Hero set at LEGO Stores.

Anyone know if the Lego retail stores still have the Tydirium Shuttle? I didn't get it when it was on sale at Target and now it seems to be sold out everywhere. I got one at Walmart for $90 just in case since it seemed to be my only option.
TRU is worth a check, they always carry older sets however they may have a TRU tax on them but it's worth it if it's an older, harder to find set. Brickseek will tell you if any Walmarts or Targets have them. Also Barnes and Noble is always good for some older sets. Amazon has it through some third parties for $108 which is basically the TRU price.

Got the little City roadster poly at Target the other day.

Not at odd question at all, LEGO still has the best costumer service.https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts
You type in the set number and look for the piece you are missing. If the piece isn't in the list you go to the back of the Wall-e instructions, every piece is listed and you just type in the number.
You probably can email them about that Wall-e issue at the same time. If it's a new produced Wall-e I think it comes with the correction to stabilize the head. Or at least I hope, I got one for Christmas.
Thanks, definitely less hassle than I expected. Our set was from about a year ago (just now got to it), from what I'm seeing we'll have to get the pieces to correct it.

Thanks, definitely less hassle than I expected. Our set was from about a year ago (just now got to it), from what I'm seeing we'll have to get the pieces to correct it.
From what I've read it seems as long as you didn't buy it Aug-Sept of 2015 you should be okay. But we shall see.

And continuing our talk of how money hungry LEGO is. They retire the pirates chess set, which had two dozen 'expensive' to make mini figures to replace whttp://images.brickset.com/sets/images/40174-1.jpgith a new Chess set, that's probably the same cost and has ZERO mini figures.

I'm hopeful it will be cheaper, but let's be real, it won't.

Just call Lego and ask for the replacement neck kit. That's what I did and they sent me a bag of parts with an instruction addendum. I'm assuming they still have more of those kits available.

Yes, probably about five times over the past seven years. It's very simple.

High speed passenger train for $22.54, yes please. Friends Heartlake Grand Hotel was "half" off $64.98

[attachment=25122:IMG_9942.JPG][attachment=25123:IMG_9944.JPG][attachment=25124:IMG_9941.JPG]

^^ Your post made me check target.com and it looks like they have the train in stock again.  I contacted Target and it looks like they are going to honor the $84.xx price from December since they cancelled it!  Not as great as your $22, but can't complain.

3tee9bI.jpg

The last one was better. I'm still sad Walmart screwed me over by selling me a copy of the last one missing all the mini figures and the small ship.

You can save 20% off any item at BN.com with code... 
3N32VQM1FRV51

Doesn't Include LEGO because LEGO isn't everything, but does include LEGO books with mini figures.

ZzzzzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzz

Anyone home? :)

S@H has a bunch of mini figures keychains for half off, you get the free Nexo polybag if you pick up a $2.50 keychain. Santa is $5 and same with the cool little wedding set that has been $10, $8, $6, $10, $8, $10, $5 in the last three months. And the Guess Who set with 550+ pieces and 16 mini figures is $25.

Yeah, what I learned abut the Switch is that there is no reason to buy it for at least a year after launch. I will be picking up Zelda for my Wii U and I'll be happy enough with that.

Nintendo should just give a Switch to all 10 people who bought a Wii U.

It's amazing to me how the teaser was so great and everyone was so excited for the system, there were rumors of 15-20 launch games, a Mario / Rayman hybrid game, several ports to fill the system out some more... and we get overpriced controllers and a $50 'game' of 1 2 Switch that should be a free demo.

But the port of a 5 year old LEGO City Undercover might have Nintendo exclusive ideas in it! So that's one step closer to Nintendo LEGOs right?!

But the port of a 5 year old LEGO City Undercover might have Nintendo exclusive ideas in it! So that's one step closer to Nintendo LEGOs right?!
That's kind of the poster child for the problem Nintendo has. At a minimum they need original content coming at a regular pace and this indicates they weren't prepared. At this point they'd need do something big like reveal that they are running Android or something that open the door to easy ports of the best mobile games out there (assuming downscaling to 720p is easy). Since that's incredibly doubtful this may be for better and for worse the last Nintendo hardware. I preordered one since the Wii U was redeemed purely by the couch co-op my kids and I played after Smash and Mario Kart came out but by the end of this generation they will have moved on to PS4 unless Nintendo can keep their interest.

In lego news, my store ran out of the free Batman/Bat Signal poly which is a bummer and aren't expected to get any others. I also saw assembly square which looks awesome but kind of odd as such a big installation next to traditional buildings.

Also got The LEGO Batman Mr. Freeze set for $12.95 at AWD. They have had dozens for $14.xx since it's release.
Looks like it's gone now. Not a bad price for that set. It's currently $17 at most stores, so the $3 difference wasn't enough to get me to buy it from AWD earlier.

I've been eyeing the Scarecrow pizza delivery set, but it looks like it's a Wal-Mart exclusive. I hadn't made up my mind on getting the other 2 sets that combine into the power plant.

Looks like it's gone now. Not a bad price for that set. It's currently $17 at most stores, so the $3 difference wasn't enough to get me to buy it from AWD earlier.
It will be back at $14.64 I think, that's 25% off, I just look for closer to 37% off because that seemed to be the normal for sets last fall. But yeah I passed on the other 5o they had but another $13 is the sweet spot, I love Mr. Freeze. The Junior set wit the new mini floating boat piece also has an exclusive Freeze.

Amazon is matching that price, which sucks because there was one yesterday on AWD for $76, someone must have bought it when the rice dropped.

But how darn the Batcave be heavy on the Batman! :lol:

AWD has a few deals...

Lakeside lodge is like 46% off.
https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Lakeside-Lodge-31048/dp/B017B1BEBE/ref=sr_1_19?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1484856622&sr=1-19&keywords=lego

Mr Freeze is $13.79
https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-BATMAN-Freeze-Attack-Building/dp/B01J8PBJYI/ref=sr_1_1?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1484856622&sr=1-1&keywords=lego

Ferris Wheel is $152
https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Expert-Ferris-Building/dp/B00X6A8VWA/ref=sr_1_140?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1484857098&sr=1-140&keywords=lego

GB 2016 is $44
https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Ghostbusters-Ecto-1-75828-Building/dp/B01CPF0WGY/ref=sr_1_79?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1484857073&sr=1-79&keywords=lego

Doc Ock's Mech is $26 (Great for the figs)
https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Super-Heroes-76059-Spider-Man/dp/B01CU9X8E8/ref=sr_1_67?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1484857050&sr=1-67&keywords=lego

Police Boat is $28.70 (In case anyone wants a floating boat)
https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-CITY-Police-Patrol-60129/dp/B017B1B2R0/ref=sr_1_63?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1484857050&sr=1-63&keywords=lego

Super Hero Girls High School is $55
https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Super-Girls-41232-School/dp/B01F4710ES/ref=sr_1_47?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1484857038&sr=1-47&keywords=lego

Disney pet Castle is $13 (35% off)
https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Disney-Princess-Palace-Castle/dp/B017B19UL0/ref=sr_1_16?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1484856622&sr=1-16&keywords=lego

I go with not far enough. I'd love to get a box, all the ones I have seen have been on hooks.

If they were in short supply I would yell at you, but even S@H has a limit of 40, double the normal.

I still need vacation one, he, lobster and fairy Batman are my favorite.

Just out of curiousity, are you going to open them until you have a set and then return the rest? I considered this option but I haven't found a box yet
Short version - No, just opening them all

Anyways, extras may be up for trade. Once this convention is over I'm hoping to get all of our extra polybags/minifigures/etc. together and get pictures up for trading/selling.

Also no neither of us are LEGO sellers, it's just extra stuff we accumulate. :p I do 3d printing, wife does jewelry, that's what we vend at shows. I mostly dress up and wander off while she does the work. *cough*

I still need vacation one, he, lobster and fairy Batman are my favorite.
The vacation one = torso barely stays on, and he can't hold the flippers like the Lego skis can be held. So either the flippers are loose, or you can't steady him on studs. It was one of the ones I was most excited for, but I ended up disliking it.

The shark though, love the uvula. And Hugh Hefner Batman.

The vacation one = torso barely stays on, and he can't hold the flippers like the Lego skis can be held. So either the flippers are loose, or you can't steady him on studs. It was one of the ones I was most excited for, but I ended up disliking it.

The shark though, love the uvula. And Hugh Hefner Batman.
Wolverine Batman !!! Forget the rest!

Yu bring up a good point with the flippers, the skis got redone so the figure can old them but LEGO never did that with the flippers. Still I don't care I want swimmie thing.

Where can you buy a case of minifigs anyway? The only place I saw a box was at a TRU, and I didn't bother asking if they had a sealed one because they had a dollar TRU tax per minifig. Each case should have three complete sets.

Where can you buy a case of minifigs anyway? The only place I saw a box was at a TRU, and I didn't bother asking if they had a sealed one because they had a dollar TRU tax per minifig. Each case should have three complete sets.
You could have tried asking them to price match TRU.com. Last I checked, only in store had the TRU tax on bats minifigs

Yep, online the price is still correct. I'm waiting for Targets near me to get more so I save 5%! :lol: (That 5% is a minifigure when you buy 20.)

bread's done
Back