LEGO Deals 3

Walmart has some stuff on clearance. Sensei Wu Dragon was $27, Clone Turbo Tank was $80, Jokerland was $85, and some Nexo sets at 30% off.

So what, like $70 for that one? Maybe $80?
The rumor is $50 but it's a City set so I'd say $60-$70. A $20 bus and a few small things on the side, I'm thinking $60. However after the gas station it could easily be $90.

The GotG sets are shockingly cheap, maybe LEGO saw all the sales this year and realized they should lower the prices? :lol:

The rumor is $50 but it's a City set so I'd say $60-$70. A $20 bus and a few small things on the side, I'm thinking $60. However after the gas station it could easily be $90.

The GotG sets are shockingly cheap, maybe LEGO saw all the sales this year and realized they should lower the prices? :lol:
Where are the GotG prices? I keep hearing this but haven't seen them.

http://brickset.com/article/26072/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-images

Everyone is thinking $25, $35 and $50, when I think it's more likely to be $30, $40 and $60 which is still pretty cheap.
The new Milano looks like it will be a lot smaller than the original...for the lower price it must be.

And damn all these Lego Batman Movie exclusives, I'm going to have to do a lot of hunting and undoubtedly very few sales to take advantage of.

With all of the Lego Dimensions sales, I'm now just missing the Adventure Time Team pack (Best Buy sent me one shipped directly from a store it seems which came completely smashed and with a giant sticker over the front), Knight Rider (Gamestop exclusive), and the Lego Batman one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Milano looks like it will be a lot smaller than the original...for the lower price it must be.

And damn all these Lego Batman Movie exclusives, I'm going to have to do a lot of hunting and undoubtedly very few sales to take advantage of.
Especially with the loss of the target mail to store clearance.

Hmmmm, perhaps I'll let an order go through and see if it adjusts automatically on the email receipt.  I know the last few times I've done a store pickup, the little dialog indicating additional savings wasn't popping up and it was showing the (much) higher online order price.

EDIT:

BTW, 99 Cent Only Stores (yes that's the official name of the chain) has various Lego Dimensions fun packs, level packs, and team packs for $.99 each.  

Hmmmm, perhaps I'll let an order go through and see if it adjusts automatically on the email receipt. I know the last few times I've done a store pickup, the little dialog indicating additional savings wasn't popping up and it was showing the (much) higher online order price.

EDIT:

BTW, 99 Cent Only Stores (yes that's the official name of the chain) has various Lego Dimensions fun packs, level packs, and team packs for $.99 each.
I saw that in the LD thread, I hate going to these stores though... >_< There's one a few miles down the road next to Target but damn it's the rain with cold weather don't mix too well!

There is a City Jungle primary picture that leaked. The vehicles are yellow. One of the bigger sets has an old crashed plane, a small temple, a black panther, SUV and a new part that looks like the big shell pieces but it has little teeth on it to form a man eating plant.

http://imgur.com/mY2gPBr

That actually looks cool in an Indiana Jones way.
I wish the SUV was different, more like a tank or something, there are just so many of them. However overall it doesn't look bad. It's not a research base at all, but it looks good. We will find out the price within the next few weeks, so I'm guess $120-150 which I'll just buy an old temple set for that.

I like it. But they're stretching the City theme a bit now. First volcanoes, now ancient artifacts in the jungle. City pirates next?
What do you want from City?! Houses and buildings?! No! We need city people getting lost in the jungle! :lol: The issue is LEGO has so many themes they can't have Adventures or something like that so this is the next best thing.

I'm hoping for Ice Planet City in 2020.

I wish City was more like a scaled down modulars series. $50-$100 sets that you can slowly build a town with that's kid-friendly. Instead, we get 20 police variants and a handful of fire sprinkled in

Well, Lego Group is undoubtedly targeting the non-modular, "regular" Lego town sets to their, errr, less well-heeled fans to reflect the sad reality of everyday life.  Hence the endless arsons, fire emergencies and criminal element running rampant in the rough/shady/ghetto/barrio side of Lego town like the crackhouse fire emergency and random trashcan fires right outside the fire station, along with the abandoned buildings turned into hideouts for the criminal element and being torn down and demo'd to make room for the mixed use/condo complex and upscale modulars.  God damn Lego gentrification.

What's next, the Trump line?  With a Lego city border theme where you have a partially built wall with tunnels underneath, and extra pigmented/non-yellow Lego minifigs trying to get in while the swamp police are repurposed as ICE/INS/Customs and Border Enforcement.

I wish City was more like a scaled down modulars series. $50-$100 sets that you can slowly build a town with that's kid-friendly. Instead, we get 20 police variants and a handful of fire sprinkled in
They've actually been quietly releasing "budget"-type modular buildings in the Creator line. The Corner Deli, Boke Shop& Cafe, and Toy & Grocery shop are all designed to fit together like the full-size modulars do.

It would be nice if there was a more robust offering like you seem to be hinting at.

What's next, the Trump line? With a Lego city border theme where you have a partially built wall with tunnels underneath, and extra pigmented/non-yellow Lego minifigs trying to get in while the swamp police are repurposed as ICE/INS/Customs and Border Enforcement.
Well next year it's Fun at the Wall Building where Orange Hitler and his crazy white fuckers build a wall and the only thing allowed through the wall is a pipeline. Then 2019 will be Fun at the Klan Meeting. 2020 will be Bernie Sanders and Fun at the Women's Protest and it only includes white female mini figures.

(I actually have a Trump and Sanders minifigure.)

This is the Lego I remember growing up with so that's probably why I keep expecting it.

Having said that, I love these alternative themes. Just maybe brand them differently. I can't shake the feeling that "City" and "Friends" are code words for genders. Someone else has mentioned this but Friends has had some absolute kick-ass themes like jungle and amusement park that have been pastel'd up and clearly marketed away from boys. I don't get it. Surely there are ways to present these themes that would appeal to everyone. I got my daughter the Friends rollercoaster for Christmas and was surprised to see how many elements of that set reminded me of the old Space theme. With a few modifications, it could have easily been a 1990's Space set. But the pink box and the piece colors (and shelf location in the store) basically indicate to younger kids that Friends is for girls and not to be considered for boys. Seems like a waste of resources to develop these sets and then market them into niches.

(End rant)

This is the Lego I remember growing up with so that's probably why I keep expecting it.

Having said that, I love these alternative themes. Just maybe brand them differently. I can't shake the feeling that "City" and "Friends" are code words for genders. Someone else has mentioned this but Friends has had some absolute kick-ass themes like jungle and amusement park that have been pastel'd up and clearly marketed away from boys. I don't get it. Surely there are ways to present these themes that would appeal to everyone. I got my daughter the Friends rollercoaster for Christmas and was surprised to see how many elements of that set reminded me of the old Space theme. With a few modifications, it could have easily been a 1990's Space set. But the pink box and the piece colors (and shelf location in the store) basically indicate to younger kids that Friends is for girls and not to be considered for boys. Seems like a waste of resources to develop these sets and then market them into niches.

(End rant)
The thing is the marketing seems to be working. The one good thing TRU does is stick all the LEGO in the same section. I hate some stores that I find the LEGO aisle and then spend 5 more minutes trying to find where they tuck the Friends sets.

The friends colors are at least a lot better than they used to be. LEGO is in business to make money and ripoff fans. But the issue isn't them, it's the adults. People stare at LEGO sets and go "where are the sets for girls?!" like a Creator set can't be for anyone.

On another subject I found this article of knockoff mini figures interesting and the comments are laughable at times.

http://brickset.com/article/26191/can-a-lego-boss-identify-copycat-products#comments

The thing is the marketing seems to be working. The one good thing TRU does is stick all the LEGO in the same section. I hate some stores that I find the LEGO aisle and then spend 5 more minutes trying to find where they tuck the Friends sets.

The friends colors are at least a lot better than they used to be. LEGO is in business to make money and ripoff fans. But the issue isn't them, it's the adults. People stare at LEGO sets and go "where are the sets for girls?!" like a Creator set can't be for anyone.

On another subject I found this article of knockoff mini figures interesting and the comments are laughable at times.

http://brickset.com/article/26191/can-a-lego-boss-identify-copycat-products#comments
Ha, I just read that and was about to post it here. Then I read your post and guessed you would be all over it. Apparently, they aired a longer segment that's not on the website. I saw a comment about the problems they are having with the Disney Castle. Anyone know what he's talking about? Clones?

For the last couple of years it seems Friends/Elves have probably been the best themes. The Elves is probably the closest to the old Castle theme around now (Castle and Kingdoms are my themes of choice) and the varying locale of Friends keeps it a lot fresher than the other themes. Luckily I have a 8 year old daughter so I have a good excuse for getting these sets.

Ha, I just read that and was about to post it here. Then I read your post and guessed you would be all over it. Apparently, they aired a longer segment that's not on the website. I saw a comment about the problems they are having with the Disney Castle. Anyone know what he's talking about? Clones?
Lepin has a clone one for about $125. My favorite is the comments "If LEGO could charge has much as Lepin they would". No! They charge as much as they can because they can! Do people really think the license and developing the set cost $250 dollars? I haven't bought Lepin but do they come with instructions?

For the last couple of years it seems Friends/Elves have probably been the best themes. The Elves is probably the closest to the old Castle theme around now (Castle and Kingdoms are my themes of choice) and the varying locale of Friends keeps it a lot fresher than the other themes. Luckily I have a 8 year old daughter so I have a good excuse for getting these sets.
Most of what I buy is Friends and I love the Elves theme too, it's the one theme where the mini-dolls look perfect.

Lepin has a clone one for about $125. My favorite is the comments "If LEGO could charge has much as Lepin they would". No! They charge as much as they can because they can! Do people really think the license and developing the set cost $250 dollars? I haven't bought Lepin but do they come with instructions?
Out of curiosity I bought a Lepin set awhile back. It was a knockoff of a retired set (so I didn't feel any moral obligation to buy from Lego). I was surprised at the quality... I'd heard that Lepin sets are notorious for missing pieces and not fitting well together, but this set was pretty solid. Only in the tiny pieces could I tell the measurements weren't quite up to Lego standards. Out of 2000+ pieces only two were "defects" and even then they were still fine to use in the set. Only one piece was missing and it was clear so I may have left it in a plastic bag and thrown it away accidentally. The colors were consistent across the set with the exception of one minifig which had a different shaded torso than arms and legs where it was obvious the color should have been the same on the entire figure. The colors were very close to Lego colors but not quite exact. The Lego dark gray has more purple in it than the Lepin dark gray. Browns and greens were almost exactly the same color as Lego.

It came with a straight knockoff of printed Lego instructions - I looked them up online and they were exactly the same as the real thing minus the logo.

Overall, you couldn't tell the difference without looking closely. From 2-3 feet away I don't think most people could tell the difference. For the most part they had that trademark Lego "click" but there were exceptions where the fit was not perfect. Having said that, I think Lepin makes a better product than Mega Bloks! There are some Lepin original creations that aren't Lego model knockoffs, and I'd sooner spend my money on one of those than anything Mega Bloks makes.

I'm leaning towards picking up my first Lepin modular. Any recommendations? Probably will get the Grand Emporium, but if someone had a bad experience with that it would be good to know.

Also I noticed that Bela makes the ko elves sets and some others. Is their quality simolar to Lepin? Are they really the same company? I noticed that on pretty much all sets over the last several years one of the 2 does the set but they never overlap.

Anyone gotten the Lepin Batman Tumblr? Been eying that for awhile. I picked up some knock-off Jurrassic World dinosaurs that were shockingly well made.

Anyone gotten the Lepin Batman Tumblr? Been eying that for awhile. I picked up some knock-off Jurrassic World dinosaurs that were shockingly well made.
Karkyco said the same thing with the dinosaurs. I have some small knock offs coming in the mail. They were like $4.50 for 8 of them.

I got it a while back. Seriously solid set. I was hesitant about getting into the Star Wars sets (because I want an SSD and fuuuck paying market prices), but after I finished building the Tumbler around Christmas I ordered Poe's X-Wing and the First Order Tie and am expecting to have them arrive this week. I've bought fleets of minifigures from Lepin before, but that Tumbler was my first real large set and it was so great that it dispelled almost all my worries. As AlanSaysYo said, they have a much, much better quality to them than Mega Bloks does. I got two Halo sets for Christmas and they were trash. For something that's licensed, I would think that Microsoft would have an issue with them putting such a substandard product with the name of one of their biggest licenses on the market. I built two ghosts and a Warthog and none of that shit will stay together. It just falls apart almost immediately or just plain won't fit together.

If the SW sets I ordered come in fine, I'm going to be going with Lepin for almost all of my major set purchases.

I got it a while back. Seriously solid set. I was hesitant about getting into the Star Wars sets (because I want an SSD and fuuuck paying market prices), but after I finished building the Tumbler around Christmas I ordered Poe's X-Wing and the First Order Tie and am expecting to have them arrive this week. I've bought fleets of minifigures from Lepin before, but that Tumbler was my first real large set and it was so great that it dispelled almost all my worries. As AlanSaysYo said, they have a much, much better quality to them than Mega Bloks does. I got two Halo sets for Christmas and they were trash. For something that's licensed, I would think that Microsoft would have an issue with them putting such a substandard product with the name of one of their biggest licenses on the market. I built two ghosts and a Warthog and none of that shit will stay together. It just falls apart almost immediately or just plain won't fit together.

If the SW sets I ordered come in fine, I'm going to be going with Lepin for almost all of my major set purchases.
Every so often I see megabloks on super clearance and consider buying them... then I remember I threw out so many sets because they just won't fucking stay together.... and I pass on them.

How can used products be backordered? Either you have it or you don't.
AWD for me has rarely been used, it's been beat up boxes. All I can guess is they know they are getting some beat up boxes in and know it ahead of time. Or they just don't want to ship it two day so they lie and say it be in stock later?

I think AWD items have to be inspected as well. Backordered could be there way of saying it's not quite ready to ship because it hasn't been inspected yet, but who knows. I bought a Pokemon card binder off AWD for my son and it took 2+ weeks to ship out.

How can used products be backordered? Either you have it or you don't.
Easy. There are items destined for or there is a process in place setup to capture these items for resale. Back order means we dont have any, but expect more because we've flagged this item as a high runner for resale.

I'm getting close to 40 LEGO orders through AWD and only one set was ever used. The backorder ones in my experience are pretty much new, there is one small crease in the box that I have seen worse shipped from TRU, Target and LEGO itself.  However like Pig said there can be a return idea that someone went "Opps wrong set" and return it, Amazon just haven't received the set yet.

I saw Meijer has an additional 50% off clearanced toys.  They had the Minecraft Fortress Building Set(big one, not the Nether one) for $37.50 after the 50% off.  Thinking about picking it up.

Meijer here had a few mixels, some of the disney pet sets, one tiny elves set... and that was it left on clearance. Yesterday they had like 5 spiderman bridge battles left :( Wish I saw this deal sooner. Oh well. Got a buncha small sets.

bread's done
Back