LEGO Deals 3

Don't forget, kids, 30 seconds with a soldering gun tip stuck in the metal topper connected to the keychain head will turn a LEGO keychain into a bona-fide mini-fig with a small hole on the top of his hair/helmet (however, the legs don't detach).

[quote name='Kerig']Don't forget, kids, 30 seconds with a soldering gun tip stuck in the metal topper connected to the keychain head will turn a LEGO keychain into a bona-fide mini-fig with a small hole on the top of his hair/helmet (however, the legs don't detach).[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you use a very Low temp gun.

I did this with the Anubis keychains, bought 8 of them because I love that figure.

Haven't built the Skiff yet (have some homework to get to beforehand), but it looks like a decent deal for $18.

Also bought the Blue Roadster Creator set for $13. It's a nice little set, especially considering other $13 sets that are out there right now. I also noticed that the Creator Super Soarer is also selling for $13 at Target, while Walmart and the Lego Store are selling them for $15. Also grabbed the Chima polybag while I was there.

Found the Series 9 mini-figs... Don't usually buy the mini-figs but this series has some I really like. Managed to find the chicken suit guy and opera singer, two of the ones I liked. Ran back to my local Walmart and they still had the Creator Wreath from the other day and the Republic Attack Cruiser. The cruiser was still labeled $3.97 but rang up as $1.50.

Found an actual sale at my TRU... the new Fire Emergency set that retails for $40 was being sold for $30. The Star Wars Advent Calendar was down to $24, but I got that at the beginning of December for $25.

How much are the Harry Potter polybags selling for? I don't tend to get into the resell business, but there are a TON of those things available to me around here and I'm wondering if I can make any profit off of them.

Found this posted at EB for all you train buffs out there, this is the new lone ranger train.

loneranger-lego-blog1920-jpg_234753.jpg

The stagecoach set is shown on Brickset, both look great.

I love the "non violent" LEGO policy, it stops my little children from playing with toys that have a massive gun on a truck, or train.

Oh shit, nevermind. :)

I like how the train track has a track and not that bendable stuff.

NYC Toy Fair is starting tomorrow, so we will get all prices, piece counts and everything fun like that this week.

And here is a little article, no new info, but still a fun read to see how non crazy Lego fans are.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/lego-sets-lone-ranger-man-steel-reveal-plot-133321782.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The Skiff is a pretty nice set. I was surprised to find that the cover for the instructions was sturdier than the usual paper they use for all pages though.

[quote name='mweav067']The Skiff is a pretty nice set. I was surprised to find that the cover for the instructions was sturdier than the usual paper they use for all pages though.[/QUOTE]

I just hope that there will be an awesome sail barge to go along with the skiff, the preliminary pictures looked disappointing and those have been usually spot on. >_

I guess they don't count the yellow castle as "Castle" if it's the 25th anniversary. And 25th anniversary of what exactly, since the second castle sets were in 1984.

I'm not complaining, though, since I'm happy to have more castle.

[quote name='salty tbone']I guess they don't count the yellow castle as "Castle" if it's the 25th anniversary. And 25th anniversary of what exactly, since the second castle sets were in 1984.

I'm not complaining, though, since I'm happy to have more castle.[/QUOTE]

Typo? It's actually 35th year, the famous yellow castle came out in 78.

Unfortunately all but the large castle set look like juniorized crap. I don't know why they can't get good designers on the Castle theme. Maybe that's where new green designers cut their teeth or old bad designers go to retire.

Brickset has links to a ton of pictures, the best news? The prices are amazing. The stagecoach is really $30, the teepee set is $20, the two buildings are $50, mine $70. Five minifigures and three horses is awesome for 2013. The Castle sets, minus the Castle, are decent. LOTR has earth orange leaves, so happy for more color of leaves. Just need to have more of them.

The City prices are insane, the cargo truck is $40, and the 228 piece helicopter is $40!!!! But the Advent Calendar is only $30 and has the CMS Santa, a cop, robber, snowman, kid, racer, astronaut and fireman.

This set is $20?!?!
http://www.figures.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=74761&title=lego&cat=3901

I was thinking $13. Wow LEGO you lost it. :lol:

Thankfully the City set I really want (heliplane) is only $45, which once again is weird.

http://www.figures.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=74681&title=lego&cat=3901

The new Cargo plane has new big cargo boxes.

Thre tree house looks a little better. still too busy.

http://www.figures.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=73301&title=lego&cat=3901

I was so delighted to see them all (pictures, I mean) when I woke up a few hours ago. To me, the winner of the show is the Lone Ranger sets; in terms of price for # of pieces (piece counts pictured on most boxes) and design/originality of sets. A western theme has been a long time coming, and if these sell well there'll likely be more on the way. I think the prices are wholly reasonable (Train may be pricey, but it comes with a lot).

Sadly, the Star Wars sets look great, but are continuing the pricey trend. The Sail Barge will be $120 for less than 900 pieces.....sigh. At least the Gunship looks neat and seems to be priced more reasonably.

And the Black Gate looks cool, (and priced well), but the rest of the LOTR sets underwhelm me. I continue to hope that we see a large Orthanc model later this year.

Toy Fair pictures are posted on T&B, disappointed with the Sail Barge! At least we get a Jango Fett figure but I would have rather seen his Slave 1.

picked up the monster fighters ghost train for $54 at the walmart in palatine, il. it was the only monster fighter they had marked down.

[quote name='Corvin']Wow, I know it's not the series for people here, but the Friends sets look pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

I have no issues with the Friends set now that they calmed down the color combos (Pink and lime green camper?!). The boat looks very nicely designed. The new bakery is very nice. My only complaint wit the series is some buildings don't have a complete three walls, and none have roofs. Otherwise they are the closest to actual town sets than we will ever get.

Of course I don't own a single one of them, but that's because they are never on sale.

Yeah with the lack of full walls and rooves I feel the Friends sets are overpriced. The consumer/fan is clearly paying for the animals and accessories.

I like the offbeat pastel colors. Makes the sets more unique.

The Friends sets are made to be played with kind of like a dollhouse, they come with all sorts of trinkets. My daughter has a blast with them and looks forward to each set she builds. With these Legos I actually got her to keep them in separate ziplock bags and she makes sure she doesn't loose any small pieces.

I understand that's why they don't have roofs (even though dollhouses do have roofs), but some of them don't have walls, and there is no excuse for that. I was going to buy the Cafe for $20, but then I saw that it only has 2.5 walls, and I passed. Another wall piece would have killed Lego? :lol:

However it seems this year is only missing roofs, and I'm fine with that, I have extra plates I could add.

Defintely picking up the Creator family house and tree house. May pick up a couple Lone Ranger sets.

SOme of the Friends sets would be on my want list if it weren't for the awful colors.

My persistence for th Flo's Cafe paid off. Went back to Walmart today and it dropped to $30. I honestly had no interest in Cars sets but my son and I have been on a Disney kick lately and have been wanting this set since we went to CarsLand last summer.

Looking over the pictures...

I'll be getting the Battle of the Wizards set. The other LotR sets don't impress me.

The planet series for Star Wars seems to be getting lazy. It's sad because I have the first 6 and they're all fairly nice. Also, why the hell does Jango Fett come with the Corporate Alliance Tank Droad? I was surprised to see an okayish price on that set actually. I don't like the Mandalorian Speeder. I like the Duel on Geonosis set. The stealth starfighter looks like a slightly redesigned Headhunter, and just doesn't impress me much. The AT-TE is alright. I like the sail barge, but the price is insane. A huge shame too, I actually like the Max Rebo min-fig. The gunship is alright. The Advent Calendar is only $40 and has some nice little pieces in it, and the Jango Fett Santa might make me get one.

Built the Olivander's Wand Shop from the Diagon Alley set tonight. I really like it. I probably won't get to Borgin and Burkes and Gringotts until a couple weeks from now.

At my (local) TRU in Peabody MA I found the TRU Exclusive Cars 2 Tokyo International Circuit set on sale for 60! It had a big sign hanging on the shelf. I got it along with the Creator Eagle to use the 15 off 75. A pretty good deal, I basically got a 90 dollar set for half price. Too bad this is probably a YMMV because the site has it at 90.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Found Series 9 at Barnes and Noble....for 4.95 each. And we thought toys r us was bad.[/QUOTE]

Not sure where you are but I always have luck at Meijer. Bought a couple over the weekend. $3 even.

The 9496 Desert Skiff is now $17. You all got played! :lol:

My god if you try to say an opinion that is different from "LEGO can do no wrong" on Eurobricks you get attacked for saying things you never said. I was bitched at saying the new castle is boring, it's just all boring walls and some idiot wrote a novel saying "castle walls are not useless". I didn't say they were useless, I said it was a boring set!

I was hoping to see some Minifigs at Target yesterday, but none. Plenty of those knock-off Halo and Hello Kitty ones.

Mini figs are one of the kids favorite lego things to play with. Are the usually only at Toys R Us? I'll double check the toy section at Fred Meyer next time I'm there.

[quote name='eldergamer']I was hoping to see some Minifigs at Target yesterday, but none. Plenty of those knock-off Halo and Hello Kitty ones.

Mini figs are one of the kids favorite lego things to play with. Are the usually only at Toys R Us? I'll double check the toy section at Fred Meyer next time I'm there.[/QUOTE]

They tend to show up at TRU first but Target will get them. Walmarts will have them too but they seem harder to find most times around me at least.

[quote name='skiizim']Glad you picked one up at that price, how was the shelf wear on it?[/QUOTE]

There was one light scuff mark but I'm not picky especially since it was the last one, it was a great price and its going to be opened and put together this weekend.

[quote name='bigdaddy']TRU has them for $38 and they look great if you want to buy one to resell later.[/QUOTE]

TRU availability and clearance price is YMMV. I haven't seen them at TRU's in my area since before Christmas and when I did TRU markup had the clearance price at $5 over regular retail

[quote name='bigdaddy']The 9496 Desert Skiff is now $17. You all got played! :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's actually been that price on Amazon for about three weeks now which is why a lot of us have recently ordered and are talking about it

[quote name='bigdaddy']The 9496 Desert Skiff is now $17. You all got played! :lol:
[/QUOTE]

I didn't. I hadn't ordered yet. Thinkin' I'm going to do so now, though. Dat Boba Fett. :)

[quote name='salty tbone']Probably end up with 60 karate guys since the bar codes are so easy to cheat. I still have a full box of 1 & 2. Don't know how or why. For $2 a pack, I couldn't stop buying them. Once the price changed I regained my senses.[/QUOTE]

I never have seen a series 1. Borders' had one box of 2 for $4 a piece and that's it. If I could find them I would have bought dozens.

Glad I keep checking Target stores. I've found more sets that have dropped out of the system at the stores they are in and coming up "ITEM NOT FOUND" in the store system.

I just take them to an employee with a hand scanner/PDA for the last known price and most are of course at 70% off. Found another Uruk Hai army, a Loki cosmic cube escape, a weathertop, and a ghost train at various stores all dropped out of the system. A couple of them had an odd white sticker with "MISSED SALVAGE" on it and the original price, the DPCI number, and some other info but the employees told me it will be the last known price, which was of course 70% off on each.

As far as the desert skiff goes, forget the $17.97 -> $16.97 burn...I prefer the $7.48 each I paid for them at Target clearance:hot:

Shopko is some region store it seems. Anyways they have a sale on LEGO, BOGO50% on non-clearance. There isn't a lot left in stock, but someone wanted the Droid set. They have it for $20, today only they have $2 shipping, and if you are a new shopper, sign up and they give you a $5 coupon.

So it should be $27 of two of them, or find another $20 set and it will be only $13.50 a piece.

http://www.shopko.com/toys-and-spor...=lego&price_filter=&order=&items_per_page=120

That's one of the best priced sets of the year, 315 pieces for $30 is 10 cents a piece.

Opps, nevermind. You are talking the huge Technic set.

bread's done
Back