LEGO Deals 3

If NinjaGo goes modernish I rather it went steampunk cyborgs meets Exo-Force. The cyborgs are cool, the purple is nice, but yeah the sets are rather boring, no new temple?

But Friends is nice, cookies and scooters and dophins. :)
Friends is going to end up being expensive for me, the Juice Bar looks great and will go along great with the rest of my daughters shops.

I picked up the Iron Man and Robin bags, Robin looks cool, it will go along great with the Batman Jet ski, I just wish the b1g1 40% off was still going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
You found the robin set at TRU?  Interesting.

What is really funny with NinjaGo is LEGO sometimes releases the sketches of set ideas.  The Alien Conquest ones were fun.  The NinjaGo ones had skellies and such that looked liek season one.  Then they had some that looked closer to this year's sets.

I think it's clear that LEGO wanted quick cash and just used the old idea they rejected years ago.  Rumour is a NinjaGo movie for 2015, so maybe we get better sets then.

Redbird Cycle - 673419193986 - $4.99

Iron Man vs Drone - 673419193979 - $4.99

Only time will tell I guess, they went a little to sci fi for me.

I don't mind sci-fi, but LEGO stopped making buildings and that bugs the hell out of me.  Then people on Eurobricks went "LEGO made more buildings, look at all the City sets".  Like buildings on fire and crack houses are buildings.  Why we didn't get a cargo or coast guard building is beyond insane to me.

Good looking out on the Lego deals!

Purchased an Alien Mothership (last one in my area) and two Carriage Ambush sets.

Few good deals, but this area has them all sold out :whistle2:(

Has anyone pre-ordered Lego Marvel at Walmart or is everyone just expecting to go in and be able to pick up a copy with the Iron Patriot minifig? The signs at the store say that he is packed in with the game. So it looks like they won't be able to just hand you a separate poly when you buy the game

Has anyone pre-ordered Lego Marvel at Walmart or is everyone just expecting to go in and be able to pick up a copy with the Iron Patriot minifig? The signs at the store say that he is packed in with the game. So it looks like they won't be able to just hand you a separate poly when you buy the game
If this is the case I'm glad they are doing this way, it will deter a lot of people. I've always kept my game when ordering from Gamestop but I've known people to return or even just go around asking for them.

I've preordered it just for the minifigure. I preordered the Vita version at Gamestop for the keychain. I am not sure how it works at Walmart, but I will leave there with my minifig lol. One way or another.

A Kingdom's Joust popped up for a few moments on AWD the other day for $97.xx. I hopped all over it. Cannot wait to have it arrive at my doorstep tomorrow :D

Sams Club has a few sets for the holidays, they have Iron Man 3 Malibu Mansion Attack, Star Wars: Duel on Geonosis, and Lego City Fire Emergency, these sets come with a price tag of $33. Nothing exciting but figured I would throw this out there in case they hit clearance after the holidays.

Ordered the new Winter Village set today.  Double VIP + the bonus set (started today).  Wish the carousel was bigger but still looking forward to it.

Monterey highway in San Jose.

I am on vacation and would have to figure out how to shove them in my suitcase.

I saw that Fry's has the lego alien mothership for $14.99 and the King's carriage ambush for $14.99 on their website. In-store pickup only.

Apparently a lot of Walmart stores in the bay area drop prices multiple times as no one buys their crap. The dolphin cruiser even had the $25 price tag on the shelf.
Speaking of Fry's deals, the Lego Star Wars Droid Escape set is listed at $4.95 on their site. Might be worth a price match attempt, unless you are near the one store that indicates it is in stock, Plano, TX. 1248.01 miles from me, unfortunately.

Plano, TX 700 E. Plano Parkway Map 1,248.01 All items available

The Star Wars PodRacer set is $39.95 at Plano and Downer's Grove stores.

Plano, TX 700 E. Plano Parkway Map 1,248.01 All items available

Downers Grove, IL 3300 Finley Road Map 1,726.36 All items available

I finally bought some minifigs due to the $10 tru coupon. Feeling the bags is a pain in the ass. I need to find a few more rares. I should have gone through the entire box as it seemed new.

You only get VIP points for cash spent and not for redeeming points, right?  I have $30 in points saved up that I was going to use for the Winter Village set, but I don't want to miss out on the double VIP points.

Got my Winter Village carousel and bonus Christmas set from the Lego shop.  Looks good.  They also threw this in which was a nice surprise:

I ordered the winter market set since it's double points and you get the free Christmas set. I'm really hoping for the lego store dude. I'm such a pushover ...

He was in a yellow "Thank You" envelope.  I was about ready to toss it in the trash.  It looked the type of envelope companies pack in that have coupons/offers to other companies.

Does anyone know yet officially if the Iron Patriot will be packed inside the game or not at Wal-Mart?  I heard someone say he would be to prevent returns.  

Also Gamestop has the game listed at $29.99 with a free toyset or keychain in their Black Friday ad.

Does anyone know yet officially if the Iron Patriot will be packed inside the game or not at Wal-Mart? I heard someone say he would be to prevent returns.

Also Gamestop has the game listed at $29.99 with a free toyset or keychain in their Black Friday ad.
I really hope so, it's kind of a shame that people would buy the game and return it.

According to the signs up at Walmart in the videogame section, Iron Patriot is packed in with the game. I normally would wait to get a Lego game as within 2 - 3 months its going to be $15 - $20 but I want the figure so I'll be picking it up on release day

According to the signs up at Walmart in the videogame section, Iron Patriot is packed in with the game. I normally would wait to get a Lego game as within 2 - 3 months its going to be $15 - $20 but I want the figure so I'll be picking it up on release day
That's why I pick the Vita version, it gives me something else to play on my portable.

Walmart exclusive anything makes me nervous. Distribution is spotty, employees are clueless. I want the figure badly enough that I'm playing it safe and preordering, and I never preorder games

If it's anything like my walmart with the lego books, all the minifigs will be ripped out. Hopefully the games will be behind glass.

Lego marvel is in the sunday walmart ad and it mentions a free figure with purchase so I am guessing they packaged all their initial shipments with the iron patriot.

Is it my understanding that the Iron Patriot figure is only bundled with the console versions? I recall looking at the preorder page on Walmart's website a few months ago and not seeing any mention of the minifig with the vita version. Also, does anyone know if the Vita port is more than just another poor LEGO 3DS port?

Anyone pick up LEGO marvel? Is iron patriot worth it?
I had it shipped home so it is waiting to be opened. I'm debating what to do with it though. $50 is a lot for a game that will drop to $10 by early next year. I want to be able to sell the game for $45 and keep the fig for ~$5, but I don't think that's going to happen. It seems to be selling for around $30 on ebay though:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=lego+iron+patriot+30168&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

I picked it up for the Wii U, you can never go wrong with a Lego game. Fully knowing the game is going to drop it doesn't matter to me, I've bought and picked up the last two games Gamestop has done this. I'm glad they did it this way to stop people from just trying to get the figure, I hope they continue to make figures like this.

The store I went to only had 5 per system, I don't know if they will restock or if quantities will vary per store.

What've you all bought during double VIP rewards month?

I've gotten the haunted house, 6 of the MF battle packs, and a ninjago samurai mech... too much? Thinking about putting in another order for the pet shop or cinema.

I got the game yesterday (it actually showed up 2 hours before I got a shipping notification, oddly). It's basically the same as the War Machine fine but with the little base. I figured I'd probably miss out on it if I delayed purchase, and a new lady friend wants to play the game with me, so win win.

Got my Lego order but didn't get a Lego employee polybag. Figured that was hit or miss but the double points was the main draw for me. Especially since they nerfed the coupon for any exclusives.

AWD has the Lone Ranger coach set for $20.xx, the yellow cargo train for $138, the white and azure blue GS fighter for $14,  Jabba Sail Barge for $84, the Coast Guard helicopter for $25, this year's City advent calendar for $23 and had the big GS drop ship for $65, but someone might be buying it, it went "Unavailable".  Which is good because I love the dropship, but hate everything else.   :lol:

Head over to Brickset to hear the continuing news of LEGO Cuusoo being a complete failure.  Pretty much just one set for over a year, a minifigure exosuit mech thing.  No Zelda, mini shops, Portal or anything else.

bread's done
Back