LEGO Deals 3

What've you all bought during double VIP rewards month?

I've gotten the haunted house, 6 of the MF battle packs, and a ninjago samurai mech... too much? Thinking about putting in another order for the pet shop or cinema.
So far I have only got the winter village market. I wish I would have bought it last month and bought the palace cinema this month but oh well. Fatwallet is now offering 5% cashback on lego.com. That is basically 15% off when coupled with the double VIP this month. The free lego holiday set and lego shop minifigure were just the icing on the cake.

Got my Lego order but didn't get a Lego employee polybag. Figured that was hit or miss but the double points was the main draw for me. Especially since they nerfed the coupon for any exclusives.
Did you order from the new mobile site? I just got my order today and received the minifig. Thats pretty unlucky you didnt get one if you did order from the mobile site. These are already popping up on ebay. I thought about selling it but I will probably throw it in my bag of unopened polys until I get some sort of lego shop set.

The cuusoo results are in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-NTCGA5uKE&feature=youtu.be

Portal didn't make it. Only Exo Suit did

I ordered the Haunted House with the double points and got the employee fig.

Did you order from the new mobile site? I just got my order today and received the minifig. Thats pretty unlucky you didnt get one if you did order from the mobile site. These are already popping up on ebay. I thought about selling it but I will probably throw it in my bag of unopened polys until I get some sort of lego shop set.
I did order using the mobile site. Though afterwards maybe I shouldn't have since they wouldn't bother promoting something to someone already using it. Oh well.

I've gotten the haunted house, 6 of the MF battle packs, and a ninjago samurai mech... too much? Thinking about putting in another order for the pet shop or cinema.
I...really haven't bought a damn thing. I think all I'm going to do is place an order for the new Winter Village set and call it a day.

Since the coupon no longer works, I have no deadline. It's not a use-it-or-lose-it scenario. Double points will come again, even if it's 3 or 4 months from now. Nothing I'm interested in is going to retire before then, so I have no rush and no need. I'm much better off waiting for a really good sale, like last year's B-Wing, than settling for 10% off my next order.

Building the Vampyre Castle now. It's awesome!

Order with Free Shipping by Amazon
If your order is $35 or more, you may qualify for free shipping. With free shipping, your order will be delivered 5-8 business days after all of your items are available to ship, including pre-order items.

Note: Amazon free shipping changed on October 21, 2013. Read more about it.

To place an order online, do the following:
  1. Add at least $35 of eligible products to your Shopping Cart.
    Note: Eligible items will display "FREE Shipping" next to their price. Product Bundles and items sold separately qualify independently for the $35 minimum purchase.

Boo!

My Amazon shopping is going to be cut big time.

The cuusoo results are in

Portal didn't make it. Only Exo Suit did

I ordered the Haunted House with the double points and got the employee fig.
Lame. Exo looks delightfully complex but I have no desire for it. Woulda dropped the scratch on a Portal and mini store sets in a heartbeat though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be mandatory that Cuusoo projects should be based on something. If it was the powerloader from Aliens then we would talk!

It should be mandatory that Cuusoo projects should be based on something. If it was the powerloader from Aliens then we would talk!
I disagree. Just about the only thing I respect about Cuusoo anymore is that it doesn't have to be some licensed property and that any really good design can make it. I do like the design of the mech. Had it come out in a line like Galaxy Force, it would be on my buy list. Cuusoo will be wait-and-see, as it's often more expensive for less bricks. Also, while it's a very nice mech, there are lots of mechs already. It's hard to get excited over this, even though it's well done.

That said, that's about the only thing I respect. Yet again, a choice that has wide appeal and would sell a bucket of sets gets rejected for vague reasons. (I didn't watch the video this time -- too frustrating.) Why bother getting people's hopes up if you're just going to pull the rug out?

And, while I do respect the idea that non-licensed sets stand a chance, c'mon guys. Portal anything vs. no-name mech. That's not even a contest. It would be one thing if the Portal set was lame, but it wasn't.

Lego Cuusoo is a giant waste of time and a great big disappointment.

Yeah, I'm down for non-licensed Cuusoo sets.  I'd buy the female scientists set, Mars Rover, the modular buildings, etc.  They just have to be original and cool to justify the hike in price.

I love Lego but never followed Cuusoo or took the time to learn what exactly it is. Just from what people have written here for awhile is seems like it's potential has been replaced with frustration.

I love Lego but never followed Cuusoo or took the time to learn what exactly it is. Just from what people have written here for awhile is seems like it's potential has been replaced with frustration.
It's basically an illusion that customer input and feedback is being taken into account by Lego. I mean, I can get why some of the licensed sets never see the light of day but some are just baffling as to why they're overlooked.

Then you've also got the situations like Back to the Future where the production model varies pretty widely from the voted version. I'd imagine the mech is going to be heavily modified for the sales version. There's just way too many unique elements in that set as it is for it to be produced exactly that way.

I don't see how the shops loose out on this. Sure, dump the brand names, I don't really care if my coffee shop is Starbucks or not, but it seems there should be huge demand for these.
The Ghostbusters sets or the Oz set would also both be great, and neither seems that it would be hard to acquire a license for. Ghostbusters seems very similar to BttF, and with a few changes (primarily changing the ruby slippers to silver) there would be no license required to make the road to Oz because the Oz books are in the public domain.

I don't see how the shops loose out on this. Sure, dump the brand names, I don't really care if my coffee shop is Starbucks or not, but it seems there should be huge demand for these.
The Ghostbusters sets or the Oz set would also both be great, and neither seems that it would be hard to acquire a license for. Ghostbusters seems very similar to BttF, and with a few changes (primarily changing the ruby slippers to silver) there would be no license required to make the road to Oz because the Oz books are in the public domain.
I don't understand that one either. To me it would have been perfect to make a $30 LEGO Store set. Don't need a license or anything.

It seems to me that LEGO is looking into what fans want, then in the future make sets similar to the Cuusoo sets but won't have to pay out 1%.

And I like how LEGO one minute will go "Cuusoo can't have printed pieces and a ton of new molds" and yet releases a BttF set with all kinds of new printed pieces. Doesn't even match what they tell us.

I understand Zelda never being made, that's probably a Nintendo legal thing. But it's like they just blew right over Portal without trying. Even a "The death of humans is against our motto" lie LEGO throws out all the time would have been nice.

And what's the point of doing sets in quarterly reviews when you do 3/4 of a year in one day?

Cuusoo = HUGE failure.

An Exo suit? How original, Cuusoo!

LEGO-Ninjago-Temple-of-the-Light-4.jpg
g_19555844_002.jpg
$(KGrHqV,!qcFBpy)ocZgBQprMmyM7Q~~60_35.JPG
513015_1-375Wx375H.jpg
LEGO-Super-Heroes-Superman-Vs-Power-Armor-Lex-6862.jpg

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/32525

This Zelda set is on the verge of getting 10k. The creator says they are willing to give up their 1% off the sales and have it put towards the hair/hat/ears mold that would need to be created. That seems like the big thing that is holding back any Zelda set.

I can't understand why they passed on Portal. Didn't Valve even promote it on their Facebook page? Was it the printed tiles that held it back?

Dan Aykroyd would give approval in a New York minute. Anything to keep the Ghostbusters name relevant or at least in the public eye. It's a dormant brand and would be win-win for both sides.

I think the whole process is 95% arbitrary. Anything they don't want to bother with they just hide behind "licensing issues."

I think the LEGO Store modular is a no brainer. There's no reason that even needs 10k votes.

Haunted House, Halloween accessory pack, Thanksgiving polybag, BttF set, Technic Mobile Crane Mk II, Technic moto cross bike, and 2 base plates. I'm good until BF - will probably get Orthanc then or something.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/32525

This Zelda set is on the verge of getting 10k. The creator says they are willing to give up their 1% off the sales and have it put towards the hair/hat/ears mold that would need to be created. That seems like the big thing that is holding back any Zelda set.

I can't understand why they passed on Portal. Didn't Valve even promote it on their Facebook page? Was it the printed tiles that held it back?
I think Zelda is more Nintendo issue than new molds issue.

BttF set has several special printed pieces, it was made. Portal wasn't because LEGO didn't want it.

Yeah, Nintendo already has a deal with Knex for Mario Kart.  As long as they're partnered up, Zelda Cuusoo is never gonna happen.

Zelda isn't in Mario Kart, but I see Nintendo wanting more obey than LEGO would want to give for a set.

And Eurobricks has the 2014 City set pictures.  More money for Friends.  :lol:

Yeah they are horrible.  I figured if we were getting a new SUV and a camper they would change the colors or designs.  Nope.  We save on money!

Yoyo.com has a deal of the day on the Lone Ranger mine set for $45.  If you use code YOYOPLA15 you can get it for $38.24

I guess this is the first time I really look at the mine set because it reminds me of this:

7036_main.jpg

The Lone Ranger mine looks so much more detailed though.  Great, now I want to get one to make the Dwarves set look better :lol:

I love that Castle set to me it doesn't really look like a mine.  The LR ones looks much better to me.  Combining them would be interesting with all the greys and the tans.

Yeah, I could also use the Quest Against Time PoP set since that has a bunch of grey slopes.  I could at least make it look like it's in a mountain.  

If I ever find the time....

Mine came in within 22 hours.  I love Yoyo shipping.

Until Friday when we have to pay an unconstitutional tax on our orders!

The Disney Princess sets look awesome, my daughter is going to love those, it looks like they are using Dark Purple with the friends sets now. Gonna be an expensive year.

Just saw this on slickdeals,

Lego Naboo Starfighter $30 eBay Target storeI think this set is OOP already and was an exclusive.

This is a real set...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/legohero/10533770334/

Penguin on a duck... :lol:

2014 pictures.
http://cm4sci.wikia.com/wiki/LEGO_2014_Prelims

The Disney Friends sets look really nice!

Small Chima sets could be nice depending on price.

It's my birthday so I got a bunch of polybags I wanted, the spring, fall and Thanksgiving ones, and two series 11 (Yeti and mountain climber) and the small Monster Fighter set which I really like.
Happy birthday! No jetski polybags? ;-)

I like the hulk figure filling in for what I'm assuming will be a very large green goblin figure in that new spider-man set.

Thinkgeek.com is having a Buy 1 get 1 50% off sale today with promo "EGADS". They have a so-so lego selection, although it's mostly MSRP stuff. I tried the promo code and it does work on Lego sets.

Happy birthday! No jetski polybags? ;-)

I like the hulk figure filling in for what I'm assuming will be a very large green goblin figure in that new spider-man set.
Thanks.

Nope, no jet ski. I never did buy the little lime green jet ski last year that had a man and a female on it.

I got 4 of the spring time scene. I wish I got more. For $4 the set is amazing. A guy in a hoodie, lime green hat, a frog, all those plants, the fountain and the little flower pieces. Great set for parts.

I have 40-50 extra CMF mini figures ranging from a series 4 Japanese process and the rest from series 5+. I'd have to go through them but if anyone is looking to buy some or trade let me know. I think I have what I need but I'd like more elves for the Christmas season.

AWD has a BttF set for $30.12 and 6002 the town starter set with the police motorcycle, ambulance, and fire truck thing for $18.66 which is 37% off. I'd buy it but I don't need more trucks.

I hate the witch, but I'd buy it for parts at $2.50.  Sadly after the redo at my closest Target I have never found any polybags.

Series 12 mini figures are awesome.  So happy we are getting the Lincoln character.

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/official-lego-cmf-series-12-image/

The LEGO Movie trailer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ_JOBCLF-I

And LEGO S@H Online finally has the Christmas sets out.  A little late.

This set is great too, Christmas Tree with two mini figures, presents and 110 pieces for $8.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Decorating-the-Tree-40058;jsessionid=eWGFXPU8YjjtX-4oXQ6DOw**.lego-ps-2-2?ShipTo=US&_requestid=304200

I'm double posting for the best LEGO set ever!!!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Blues/MMLS/70803resize.jpg

Evil robots are trying to take over the cat (?) princess cloudy castle! :lol:
Don't forget the snail!?
Seriously though, were the designers/script writers dropping acid while coming up with that?
And they totally should have given Lincoln the lumber jack's axe. I know I will be doing that. Goes great with the monster fighters.

bread's done
Back