LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Tybee']Thanks for posting, but Meh with a capital M.[/QUOTE]

yeah those suck. If S@H doesn't have 30% off the thnig is a failure. I can get Atlantis sets easily for 25% off!

that 50%-off coupon *almost* motivates me to drive an hour to the good borders with the good lego selection. my local borders has a pathetic lego selection. boo.

I'm deciding on what to buy in Target, the beach house for 22ish, the camper for 12 or the castle outpost for 12. It looks like they just got a huge box of campers.

My borders had nothing it's sad because they have been expecting a shipment for over a month. I bought a skier.... I hope.

[quote name='aunt beast']my surfer is living in my camper. he bought it from the boring couple whose surfboard was obviously just for show.[/QUOTE]

HAHA

I bought it and the beach house and the skier. The cashier at Target was HOT! :lol:

Well im going to head down to the lego store and pick up the winter toy shop and winter bakery sets to start the holiday village.

Im baffled that I had never thought of using lego houses in a holiday village.
I bought another beach house set today to add as well.

Just noticed that Fred Meyer is going to have all of the 29.99 tubs at half off for BF. May have to go in and pick up a couple of those

[quote name='bigdaddy']HAHA

I bought it and the beach house and the skier. The cashier at Target was HOT! :lol:[/QUOTE]

i've decided the skier and the surfer are the same dude, opposite seasons. he's sporty that way.

[quote name='ackbar7']Are there deals at the LEGO stores that are not at S@H? It is the one place I may be interested in going on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

at the lego store you get a scratch card at checkout that is a guaranteed 10% off but could be 20% (small chance) or 50% (infinitesimal chance).

saw somewhere online today that S@H will be adding new items to the sale page every day from the 26th through the 29th. gee, maybe something other than a keychain? sigh.

[quote name='aunt beast']my surfer is living in my camper. he bought it from the boring couple whose surfboard was obviously just for show.

i've decided the skier and the surfer are the same dude, opposite seasons. he's sporty that way.[/QUOTE]

LOL!
If the Lego S@H stocks Series 3 minifigs in time for the Friday sale, I'll order them for goody-bag gifties for my 7yo's birthday party....what a dilemma though: so tempting to cherry-pick the "good" ones before distributing them....

Toys R US
12/11 12PM - 2 PM

NinjaGo Demo

12/5 - 12/11

Free Mini-Figure 2GB USB Drive with any Lego construction set purchase of $75 or more.

USB drive is loaded with NinjaGo posters, map and mini-movie sneak peek.

And if you havn't already noticed, TRU already marked up the new sets.

[quote name='bostonqt']LOL!
If the Lego S@H stocks Series 3 minifigs in time for the Friday sale, I'll order them for goody-bag gifties for my 7yo's birthday party....what a dilemma though: so tempting to cherry-pick the "good" ones before distributing them....[/QUOTE]
Wait, is there a dilemma? I thought the answer would just be yes. Aliens for every kid

[quote name='prim4444']Toys R US
12/11 12PM - 2 PM

NinjaGo Demo

12/5 - 12/11

Free Mini-Figure 2GB USB Drive with any Lego construction set purchase of $75 or more.

USB drive is loaded with NinjaGo posters, map and mini-movie sneak peek.

And if you havn't already noticed, TRU already marked up the new sets.[/QUOTE]

Wait so is the mini-figure actually the usb drive or is it on a keychain or something with a usb drive? Has this ever been done before? Sounds kind of cool

NOOO!!!!!

It wasn't a skier it was disco dude!

I check, I don't know what website I was using but I am very disappointed! He is one of the worst ones!

And the plastic does suck!

However the Target mothers were shopping, I was there a few times for a long time, and I was helping everyone. Star Wars is huge, but only for the minifigures. One was looking for Power Heroes, I corrected the kid and said It's Power Miners, they are lime green vehicles and Target doesn't have any. The last one was funny, She was like "First it was Star Wars, and now Atlantis, I'm sick of LEGOs!" :lol:

[quote name='etcrane']Wait so is the mini-figure actually the usb drive or is it on a keychain or something with a usb drive? Has this ever been done before? Sounds kind of cool[/QUOTE]

img005.jpg

Hmm interesting ... that has to be the world's most basic mini-figure though ;)

So I couldn't resist using the Borders 50% off coupon tonight and picked up the Creator Apple Tree House for around $27 after tax. Anyone have any thoughts on this set, is it worth keeping or should I find something more exciting. I was kind of on the fence about it but the 50% off plus the fact it only had a $5 markup from msrp kind of pushed me over the fence.

walmart t'giving day ONLINE sale lego deals:

battle of endor + luke's landspeeder bundle - 99.99

car and fire truck bundle - 39.00

repair truck and camper bundle - 39.00

seen on slickdeals - shop.starwars.com has SW legos 25% off - discount won't show until last page

"site says it runs from Nov 26-29 but it's live right now"

unfortunately they don't have the home one...

[quote name='sthenic']I saw this online several days ago and have been checking back regularly, but they are always out of stock. I am thinking that it may be a mistake.[/QUOTE]

Its that old? Well I don't feel as bad anymore, but those would've been awesome gifts to get on a limited budget.

My parents decided to get my son the King's Castle. It was on sale for $84.99. I had a $10 coupon of $50 purchase and a coupon when you spend $75 you get a $10 giftcard. So it came to $65. I was able to use the $10 gc immediately because they ran out of the ones that activate after 6 hrs. The cashier was like you can't use it yet and I said why it does not say on it that you can't, so she did it but only after asking, she thought she was going to get in trouble or save the store from a big loss. I used the $10 to get a transformer. Maybe now I can convince myself or someone to buy the medieval market village so that the kingdom has some people to reign over.

[quote name='mickeyp']My parents decided to get my son the King's Castle. It was on sale for $84.99. I had a $10 coupon of $50 purchase and a coupon when you spend $75 you get a $10 giftcard. So it came to $65. I was able to use the $10 gc immediately because they ran out of the ones that activate after 6 hrs. The cashier was like you can't use it yet and I said why it does not say on it that you can't, so she did it but only after asking, she thought she was going to get in trouble or save the store from a big loss. I used the $10 to get a transformer. Maybe now I can convince myself or someone to buy the medieval market village so that the kingdom has some people to reign over.[/QUOTE]

My brothers want the king's castle set (obsessed with Kingdom sets) where did you get that from?

[quote name='dejeckt']My brothers want the king's castle set (obsessed with Kingdom sets) where did you get that from?[/QUOTE]
I got it from Toys R US.

[quote name='mickeyp']My parents decided to get my son the King's Castle. It was on sale for $84.99. I had a $10 coupon of $50 purchase and a coupon when you spend $75 you get a $10 giftcard. So it came to $65. I was able to use the $10 gc immediately because they ran out of the ones that activate after 6 hrs. The cashier was like you can't use it yet and I said why it does not say on it that you can't, so she did it but only after asking, she thought she was going to get in trouble or save the store from a big loss. I used the $10 to get a transformer. Maybe now I can convince myself or someone to buy the medieval market village so that the kingdom has some people to reign over.[/QUOTE]

I never understood why most likely temp workers think they will get in trouble for things like that. It's not your money, no one else will know, just do whatever.

All Borders have a few sets, but it's very rare / spotty / they have next to nothing. The LEGOs are marked up, more than TRU, usually around 25%.

[quote name='dejeckt']Didn't know Borders even had legos, so I just print > sign up for rewards > pick a lego set > purchase for 40% off? Seems too good to be true for a legos to be 40% off.[/QUOTE]

they don't carry their legos online, unfortunately.

my local borders has a crap lego selection, but the borders in the next town over - unfortunately, almost an hour away - has a great selection. they also have the brickmaster and other lego-related books. maybe you have a *good* borders - good luck!

edited to add: and yes, the process is as you describe - you can sign up for rewards program free online or in the store, and the coupons come out frequently 30-40% - and there was one yesterday only for 50%-off. even if the selection is less than stellar, 40% off is still 40% off. even my bad borders has the small army-builder SW sets, some small city sets, etc.

lego.com sale prices are live .. but .. not .. thrilling. 6 bucks off winter toy shop, 5 bucks off winter bakery, 15 off the tantive, and etc. .. 10%. snore.

note: prices didn't show as on sale until i put items in my cart. ymmv.

Shop at Home:
7747 Wind Turbine Transport is 35.97; 7598 Pizza Planet Truck Rescue is 23.97. It looks like the 20% discount is happening twice on these items. Not too bad.

[quote name='dejeckt']http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3502267

Lego Home for $41.99. I think this is a deal (maybe wrong), but it doesn't help me. I gotta find those Kingdom sets for sale.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Prince-P...f_rd_r=0GY4CE4CQ1M8BAXCQC76#productPromotions

Lego PoP Battle of Almut for $59.97.... again not sure if this is deal worthy...just trying to help.

Damn, where are the kingdom sets
[/QUOTE]

They are cheaper than normal, so it's a deal. :lol:

I really love the windmill set, it's so different, but at the same time not. It's another truck with another pick up truck. But it is really cool.

I had 2 Wind Turbines in my cart for $36 each, went to browse a few more sets, came back to my cart and the price was back to the normal sale price of $47.98. Damn - I wasn't quick enough!

further anomalies .. price on universe was 17.98 in my cart, then suddenly it's 19.98. maybe i should sit around and see if home one goes down to 7 dollars. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back