LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dejeckt']Thanks, got one. Still searching furiously for deals on Kingdom sets...but at this rate seems improbable.[/QUOTE]

The Castle would have been $85 at Target the beginning of the week, and the Tower Outpost was $12.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The Castle would have been $85 at Target the beginning of the week, and the Tower Outpost was $12.[/QUOTE]

??? Is it available now? Just confused with 'would,' does that mean the deal has been canceled?
Just re-read your post. Thanks for the info gonna head out to Target now, after I find that coupon for legos.

[quote name='dejeckt']??? Is it available now? Just confused with 'would,' does that mean the deal has been canceled?
Just re-read your post. Thanks for the info gonna head out to Target now, after I find that coupon for legos.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. Those priced ended Wednesday. The castle might still be 10% off but that's no big deal. So keep an eye out they are on sale randomly.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Sorry about that. Those priced ended Wednesday. The castle might still be 10% off but that's no big deal. So keep an eye out they are on sale randomly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input though; gotta keep my eyes out for lego deals. Too bad Kmart isn't doing the 50% off lego deal like they did last year. Gonna go check out the local borders soon

just got an email from TRU saying *ALL* legos will be BOGO 1/2 OFF tomorrow, saturday the 27th.

edited to add: it says "in store only" .. and it definitely says "ALL" LEGO in all caps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Local TRU this morning had cops there because someone threatened a shopper with a "gun" and tried to cut in line early this morning madness. Lol

[quote name='aunt beast']just got an email from TRU saying *ALL* legos will be BOGO 1/2 OFF tomorrow, saturday the 27th.

edited to add: it says "in store only" .. and it definitely says "ALL" LEGO in all caps![/QUOTE]

THANK YOU, you just made my day with that. I got the coupon signing up for email.

A reminder the deal excludes Star Wars, Harry Potter, Pharaoh's Quest and Lego Mini Fig series 3.

Which doesn't really matter for me cause I going to get King's Castle and a City set. This is perfect for my twin bros. Thanks again

**edit** Also this might be frowned upon, but can I go buy it today and see if they will price adjust it when I walk in there tomorrow? I just really need the dang castle.

how can they say ALL lego if it's not all lego?! that is criminal! i would take this e-mail they sent me and whack someone over the head with it.

i got the email from them today that their doorbusters had been extened to 10 pm, so i wandered in after lunch and bought some of the $1.99 toy story alien polybags. there was no sign indicating they were on sale or a doorbuster or anything, so there were lots left. and that's all the $ TRU got out of me today.

randomly, my borders with the normally crap lego selection actually had some legos for black friday! they had a fair selection of SW sets, woody's roundup and a half-dozen other toy story sets, but no harry potter. still, much better than usual, which i appreciated with both of my 40%-off coupons.

[quote name='aunt beast']how can they say ALL lego if it's not all lego?! that is criminal! i would take this e-mail they sent me and whack someone over the head with it.

i got the email from them today that their doorbusters had been extened to 10 pm, so i wandered in after lunch and bought some of the $1.99 toy story alien polybags. there was no sign indicating they were on sale or a doorbuster or anything, so there were lots left. and that's all the $ TRU got out of me today.

randomly, my borders with the normally crap lego selection actually had some legos for black friday! they had a fair selection of SW sets, woody's roundup and a half-dozen other toy story sets, but no harry potter. still, much better than usual, which i appreciated with both of my 40%-off coupons.[/QUOTE]

Well I wasn't trying to argue you about the terms, but on the coupon from the pdf lists the exclusion (right below 'ALL LEGO' text...which is kinda funny). Anyways I gotta wake up early tomorrow and rush into a Toys R Us.

TRU ALWAYS goes ALL LEGOS ONSALE!!!!!

Then it always excludes Star Wars. This is nothing new, they did it a few weeks ago too, they will do it in another week went they have BOGO.

It's one of the many reasons that TRU is a shit hole I hope goes bye bye very soon.

[quote name='dejeckt']Well I wasn't trying to argue you about the terms, but on the coupon from the pdf lists the exclusion (right below 'ALL LEGO' text...which is kinda funny). Anyways I gotta wake up early tomorrow and rush into a Toys R Us.[/QUOTE]

haha, sorry, all my anger is belong to TRU. :) didn't mean to lash out at the messenger! ;)

[quote name='skiizim']You and bigdaddy will get along greatly aunt beast, he also loathes TRU.[/QUOTE]

Hey now! To be fair is there anyone here who doesn't loathe TRU? :lol:

Well TRU aren't necessarily known for their deals, but I think I would have to visit tru cause of the coupon. I think I am going to pick up King's Castle and Police Station.

but before I actually go buy it...gotta work out the math (really broke ^^)
City Police Headquarter - $94.99
Kingdoms King's Castle - $104.99
tax 8.75% - $17.51
- 50% promo - -$47.49
total $170.00

However with Amazon...
King's Castle - $94.41
City Police Headquarter (something comparable) - $75.99
total $170.40

the hell...

[quote name='bigdaddy']Hey now! To be fair is there anyone here who doesn't loathe TRU? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I like tru, I've gotten decent clearance games from them and they recently are one of the best retailer's for Disney blu rays. Also, when I was young I was brainwashed into thinking it was the greatest place in the world. "I don't wanna grow up, cause I'm a toys r us kid..."

finding bargains at BN is a bloodless sport when they hand out 30%-off coupons and price their lego at msrp.

TRU is a more worthy adversary. sweep the leg.

I like Toys R US. I have been going there since I was a kid. I used to go every weekend with my mom to look around. ( I did not get something all the time though). I still like to go and look, I love toys though. I don't like that they charge more then MSRP for Lego and other things though. You have to wait for a sale or a coupon to shop there for certain things. My parents just got the Kings Castle at TRU for $65- with a sale and 2 coupons. So that was good.

[quote name='aunt beast']finding bargains at BN is a bloodless sport when they hand out 30%-off coupons and price their lego at msrp.

TRU is a more worthy adversary. sweep the leg.[/QUOTE]
I have to agree with this, but TRU's only advantage is selection. Those 30% coupons beat TRU b1g1 1/2 off any day, as that sale tops out at 25% off. I just wish BN had a few more of the Kingdoms sets.

[quote name='ackbar7']I just wish BN had a few more of the Kingdoms sets.[/QUOTE]

agreed! my BN is chock full of HP sets due to the new movie and all the tie-ins with other merch/books/etc. i wanted to buy a 2nd burrow with my latest 30%-off coupon .. but .. poor .. so poor.

the only SW sets they have are clone wars. i want to whisper in the ear of their purchasing person.

there are *two* borders 40%-off coupons currently as well as a free latte or coffee coupon .. so you can sip and ponder whether to buy duplos or toy story ..

[quote name='aunt beast']agreed! my BN is chock full of HP sets due to the new movie and all the tie-ins with other merch/books/etc. i wanted to buy a 2nd burrow with my latest 30%-off coupon .. but .. poor .. so poor.

the only SW sets they have are clone wars. i want to whisper in the ear of their purchasing person.

there are *two* borders 40%-off coupons currently as well as a free latte or coffee coupon .. so you can sip and ponder whether to buy duplos or toy story ..[/QUOTE]

But with the mark up at Borders the coupon is closer to 25% or 30% off, and they have much less than B&N.

true, but it's a pretty decent discount ... the beach house, which is something i bought at borders at 40% off .. msrp = 34.99, borders = 39.99 - 40% = 24 bucks. so, still slightly better than 30%, and that's a sale that's basically always available - no wait - due to the constant supply of borders coupons. and they've had two 50%-off coupons in the last week.

selection varies from borders to borders. my local usually has a sparse offering (thus my "duplos or TS" comment ;) but they beefed it up for xmas; the next town over always has a good selection.

They had a second 50% off coupon? I need to get my skier still. :lol:

Mine was supposed to get a great big selection, I saw the printout on October 22, six shelves, and some racks, two for Star Wars, a Harry Potter, City, Toy Story, Atlantis...

Never came in! haha Still nothing there, they have like 4 boxes of LEGO and the series 2 minifigures for $4, so I need the 50% off coupon.

With the B&N coupons, do I need to be a member? I signed up for the children's thing, but the normal membership thing costs money.

Well I went to borders (with the 40% coupon), but couldn't find the set I was looking for. The lego city construction set was $75.xx if anyone's interested.

Went to Toys R Us hoping that the sets might be slightly cheaper so I can use the BOGO 50% coupon, but they weren't so that was disappointing. However, I manage to pick up Captain Rex Helmet (from Clone Wars) for $21.xx at store (and its available online, but shipping kills it).
If anyone is interested in Star Wars Captain Rex helmet here's the link http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3535393

Have yet to check out B&N, maybe on my next excursion.

**edit**
found some small deals on Walmart's site

LEGO City Streets of Lego city bundle for $45.00 (doesn't seems like all that much of a deal, can get individually more or less the same price)
which includes
-LEGO City Camper
-LEGO City Car
-LEGO City Off-Road Firetruck
-LEGO City Lighting Repair Truck
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-City-Streets-of-LEGO-City-Bundle/15541767

LEGO building set bundle $10 (not that great of a deal, but good for stocking stuffers)
choose 2 from a preselected selection to get the bundle
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Building-Sets-2-for-10-Value-Bundle/14898845

LEGO building set bundle $20 (probably one of the better deals)
choose 2 from a preselected selection to get the bundle (has some star wars set available)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Building-Set-2-for-20-Value-Bundle/14898660

[quote name='bigdaddy']With the B&N coupons, do I need to be a member? I signed up for the children's thing, but the normal membership thing costs money.[/QUOTE]
If you ever got the welcome to the kid's club email with the 30% coupon, it is good until the date it expires. It is not really limited to only 1 time use.

[quote name='bigdaddy']They had a second 50% off coupon? I need to get my skier still. :lol:

Mine was supposed to get a great big selection, I saw the printout on October 22, six shelves, and some racks, two for Star Wars, a Harry Potter, City, Toy Story, Atlantis...

Never came in! haha Still nothing there, they have like 4 boxes of LEGO and the series 2 minifigures for $4, so I need the 50% off coupon.

With the B&N coupons, do I need to be a member? I signed up for the children's thing, but the normal membership thing costs money.[/QUOTE]

they had a one-day-only 50%-off coupon last week, then there was a 50%-off coupon in the weekend paper supposedly .. many people reported, but i did not see it with my own eyes.

the current 30%-off BN coupon does not require membership -

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email...ealigg-_-k111512-_-j12871747k111512-_-Primary

(expires tomorrow)

i thought i bought another skier the other day and it turned out to be another !*&#$*# karate guy. bar codes are not my superpower.

[quote name='dejeckt']found some small deals on Walmart's site[/QUOTE]

the best walmart bundle was (is?) the endor/landspeeder one, imho. if you didn't have endor already.

[quote name='aunt beast']they had a one-day-only 50%-off coupon last week, then there was a 50%-off coupon in the weekend paper supposedly .. many people reported, but i did not see it with my own eyes.
[/QUOTE]
Not only did it come in the Thanksgiving newspaper, Borders also sent out an email with the same coupons.

[quote name='aunt beast']the best walmart bundle was (is?) the endor/landspeeder one, imho. if you didn't have endor already.[/QUOTE]
Not that much of a deal considering Target had Endor on clearance for $76 around Summer? Ironically, Endor is back on Target shelves at MSRP.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Not that much of a deal considering Target had Endor on clearance for $76 around Summer? Ironically, Endor is back on Target shelves at MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Target clearance is very YMMV. I frequent two Targets at least twice a week each. I've been scanning Endor every time since summer. Comes up full price each time except one of them is marking it NCF finally. However there is no discount yet and there was only one box left.

I think I saw that two people reported getting it for $50, but they were lucky. My only luck this year was getting Galactic for $50. None of the local PoP sets have seen clearance (across all chain stores).

I was there today and amazingly there were 3 Troll Fortress sets left over from yesterday. I was there yesterday morning and they were wiped out (I got one each for my guest and I) from the two spots (endcap and shelf) that had them stocked. Maybe there were some in the stockroom even though it scanned "stockroom: no" yesterday.

I would love to visit a Target store where they have so much overstock of sets that their sets always see clearance.

After xmas last year, the LEGO aisle was completely wiped out minus some Bionicle and maybe DUPLO and/or basic bucket sets at both Targets. It stayed that way for weeks until they could restock.

[quote name='voidedx']Target clearance is very YMMV. I frequent two Targets at least twice a week each. I've been scanning Endor every time since summer. Comes up full price each time except one of them is marking it NCF finally. However there is no discount yet and there was only one box left.

I think I saw that two people reported getting it for $50, but they were lucky. My only luck this year was getting Galactic for $50. None of the local PoP sets have seen clearance (across all chain stores).

After xmas last year, the LEGO aisle was completely wiped out minus some Bionicle and maybe DUPLO and/or basic bucket sets at both Targets. It stayed that way for weeks until they could restock.[/QUOTE]

I'm just going to say this to make you angry but Endor went down to $25 at Target...it was one of only two sets that made it down to 75% off. I got two.;) It will definitely clearance out this xmas at the stores that kept it around from summer. POP will also definitely be xmas clearance.

Last year Target started toy clearance, including Lego, on xmas eve which I thought was nuts but didn't argue with as I loaded my cart. They might do the same this year as xmas eve is a friday which is when toys get marked down.

Well, this weeks b1g1 1/2 off is a lot worse than the previous one. Nothing is on sale like the Toys Story Train or King's Castle were last time, and all of the new sets have gotten their markups.
Count me as another who (mostly) really hates TRU
edit: that was my way of saying the sale is live online now.

Somebody here got multiples of Endor for 75% off, I believe that this was in February. I know I scored a ton of sets during that time period at 50% off.

[quote name='voidedx']None of the local PoP sets have seen clearance (across all chain stores).
[/QUOTE]ALL the Walmarts around me had PoP down to 75% off. I didn't score any, but my brother scored a bunch for cheap!

I have been surprised that most stores haven't clearanced out the PoP sets. It seems like the perfect thing to get rid of to free up more space in the toy section for the Holiday rush.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO®-Kingdom...=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1290934575&sr=1-1

YES! LEGO Kingdoms King's Castle set for $79.xx free shipping with prime (free standard without)
well its probably not the greatest of deals, but the best I've seen so far for king's castle...and to boot you get a free bear.

**edit**
Please look at my other post with 'spoiler' has another deal for this set from Target. I got it for $68.50 shipped from Target.

[quote name='dejeckt']http://www.amazon.com/LEGO%C2%AE-Kingdoms-Kings-Castle-7946/dp/B003F7YHXQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1290934575&sr=1-1

YES! LEGO Kingdoms King's Castle set for $79.xx free shipping with prime (free standard without)
well its probably not the greatest of deals, but the best I've seen so far for king's castle...and to boot you get a free bear.[/QUOTE]

Thanks and damn you at the same time, I've spent so much already.

It's $70+8 shipping through Target but I think they charge tax. I've never ordered anything from Target through Amazon.

[quote name='skiizim']Thanks and damn you at the same time, I've spent so much already.

It's $70+8 shipping through Target but I think they charge tax. I've never ordered anything from Target through Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, didn't realize target had it too.

Target has the King's Castle set for $69.99 with free shipping. For CA residents it comes out to be $76.11 ($2.41 cheaper than Amazon's deal but missing the bear).

For now I guess the bear is worth $2.41, kinda hope there isn't any coupons that could stack onto Target's deal. If so I am going to return Amazon's order (can't cancel cause its already in process...thats fast).

Just got off chat from Amazon, able to cancel my order with Amazon. Able to get the set for $68.50 shipped through Target (thanks skiizim for that big heads up).

Deal Info click on spoiler (ripped from my post on SD)
Amazon and Target currently has LEGO Kingdoms King's Castle on sale.

Amazon currently has LEGO Kingdoms King's Castle set for $79.52 with free shipping (2-day for Prime and standard without). Also, don't forget to add Amazon Exclusive limited edition Brown and Cream Bear by Gund for free and possible MasterCard promo.

# Get free 2-day shipping when you use your MasterCard to purchase $75 or more in eligible items from our Holiday Toy List that are sold and shipped by Amazon. If you're an Amazon Prime member, you'll receive a $10 credit towards a future purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)
# Receive 1 Amazon Exclusive Brown and Cream Bear free when you purchase $75.00 or more of Qualifying Toys Items offered by Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- thanks maggielab

link to LEGO Kingdom King's Castle
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO®-Kingdom...=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1290934575&sr=1-1

link to Bear by Gund
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YHPC1O

Alternatively, Target is selling the LEGO King's Castle set for $69.99 with free shipping. Also, add promo code UZXPI33P for 10% off. (thanks calimom)
http://www.target.com/Castle-456815...om_size-bin,target_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

This is probably one of the better LEGO sets for kids out this year.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']ALL the Walmarts around me had PoP down to 75% off. I didn't score any, but my brother scored a bunch for cheap![/QUOTE]

Lucky, my WM only went to 30%

[quote name='ackbar7']I have been surprised that most stores haven't clearanced out the PoP sets. It seems like the perfect thing to get rid of to free up more space in the toy section for the Holiday rush.[/QUOTE]

Kmart clearenced them out... I'm still waiting for a "50% off Clearence" before hopping on others, but people are snatching them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back