LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap Series 3 is a bitch. Even with the help of the pictures someone posted earlier, I could only get maybe 8 or 9 of them. Had to feel for the rest. Did manage to find 2 complete sets for myself and a co worker that was helping. At least I wasted a little over an hour on the clock looking.

BTW they are $2.99 as of today and work with the B1G1. I'm sure the price will go up pretty quick.

[quote name='etcrane']If I had to throw out a set that will be worth a lot of money in the future (besides Green Grocer) and say you should pick up Grand Emporium. That set will be worth tons once it goes out of production ... mark my words, it's probably the most detailed modular out and it's already hard to find now, while in production.[/QUOTE]
And if you reside in a state where you don't pay sales tax, then it would be a good idea to pick up Green Grocer on S@H with the 10% off plus free shipping. Ends today.

[quote name='prim4444']Holy crap Series 3 is a bitch. Even with the help of the pictures someone posted earlier, I could only get maybe 8 or 9 of them. Had to feel for the rest. Did manage to find 2 complete sets for myself and a co worker that was helping. At least I wasted a little over an hour on the clock looking.

BTW they are $2.99 as of today and work with the B1G1. I'm sure the price will go up pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

man, it would be nice to find an easier way if they have them in stock at my local TRU.

yeah the dots are going to be pain.

[quote name='prim4444']Holy crap Series 3 is a bitch. Even with the help of the pictures someone posted earlier, I could only get maybe 8 or 9 of them. Had to feel for the rest. Did manage to find 2 complete sets for myself and a co worker that was helping. At least I wasted a little over an hour on the clock looking.

BTW they are $2.99 as of today and work with the B1G1. I'm sure the price will go up pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

Hey prim4444, do you have the item # for the series 3 minifigs?

[quote name='aunt beast']modular means the parts go together to make a larger whole .. so the modular buildings (cafe corner, green grocer, fire brigade) go together and fit together to make a city block.

the down side is that every time you look at it you'll know exactly how much you spent. :D[/QUOTE]

Technically, I think "modular" here refers to the way the individual floors of these sets are able to be separated for play and reassembled, but your point is valid as well.

[quote name='Tybee']Technically, I think "modular" here refers to the way the individual floors of these sets are able to be separated for play and reassembled, but your point is valid as well.[/QUOTE]

If that were the case the beach house second floor separates from the first, so it would be one.

If you have a Kmart near you for in store pickup…

MyGofer coupon GIVING2010 will give you 30% off 30$ or more

Using the Lego sets on sale

7947 tower rescue kingdoms- reg 49.99 sale 39.99 w/ coup 28.00
8061 gateway of squid Atlantis- reg 39.99 sale 33.99 w/coup 23.79
8077 Explore HQ Atlantis- reg 49.99 sale 39.99 w/coup 27.99

They don't have much in stock but with tax only 84~ for 140. 40% off

Since I'm a SHC member I get free desk side delivery. I'd opt for in store pickup which is free.

warning----- coup does say it's only for SHC approved channels. Worst case you would have to return it :p

Toys R Us is running a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off sale, and they have many of the 2011 Creator and Racers sets. (They also have Pharoah's Quest, but it is excluded from the sale.)

[quote name='aunt beast']man, my clock is on sale at amazon for just 24.99 *plus* a watch *plus* free shipping.
[/url][/QUOTE]

Thx for posting! -- I ordered for my 2 boys, and must have gotten the last 2 sets on sale, as Amazon is now sold out.

Our local toy store isn't receiving any of the series 3 minifigs until January! My husband took the children there on Saturday wth the cheat sheets in hand, but no joy. The shop charged $2 for the series 2 minifigs and didn't mind that we were checking codes, so I was hoping to buy the new minifigs from them (also because they're a nice local business that prices at MSRP) -- guess I'll have to buy them from the Lego store now.

I am everlastingly grateful to the designers of the modular sets. For years, my sons have wanted to build only the Star Wars sets, which gets boring for me by the third more-or-less identical shuttle, AT-AT, fighter etc. (plus the obsession with the various clone commander mini-figs drives me crazy). Now they like building the modular sets and the large City pieces as well, which I love to build with them, so it's a lot of fun for all of us. Grand Emporium is easily the most enjoyable Lego I have ever built. I'm too cheap to pay a premium for the OOS sets like Cafe Corner, but I think I would have paid an extra $100 for Grand Emporium if that were the only way to buy it -- that set would be a good one for future re-sellers to buy now.

Does anyone run into this problem with their children? -- both my sons wanted the Venator for their holiday gift, but I refuse to buy duplicate sets, especially of a $100+ set. Now no matter who gets it, there will be great unhappiness, rivalry and envy on a Cain & Abel scale. I'm seriously considering selling it and blowing the proceeds at Cabela's.

Pharaoh’s Quest is now live on S@H. I want the Mummy Battle Pack, #853176. I didn't see that set in-store., but then again it's not available online yet. Hopefully, this isn't a euro release. I can use some tombs. Also, the new city sets are available.

Prim4444!! Thank God you're on here! :) I have a question...placed an order from Paris, France and selected in store pick up, thinking my sister could go and pick it up with my confirmation email. But then I read the rules, and it says that id is required. Do you know if they'll let her pick it up, or how strict they are on that? Was trying to get the dang family home for Xmas.....sheeesh!

[quote name='prim4444']577997[/QUOTE]

FYI, some of the Pharoah's quests set work with the bogo 50% off at TRU....I'm sure they'll take it off when they catch it, but for now it works.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Pharaoh’s Quest is now live on S@H. I want the Mummy Battle Pack, #853176. I didn't see that set in-store., but then again it's not available online yet. Hopefully, this isn't a euro release. I can use some tombs. Also, the new city sets are available.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Pharaoh’s Quest is now live on S@H. I want the Mummy Battle Pack, #853176. I didn't see that set in-store., but then again it's not available online yet. Hopefully, this isn't a euro release. I can use some tombs. Also, the new city sets are available.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I just checked yesterday.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Prim4444!! Thank God you're on here! :) I have a question...placed an order from Paris, France and selected in store pick up, thinking my sister could go and pick it up with my confirmation email. But then I read the rules, and it says that id is required. Do you know if they'll let her pick it up, or how strict they are on that? Was trying to get the dang family home for Xmas.....sheeesh![/QUOTE]

I honestly don't know how the store pick up thing works. There are only like 40 stores that are currently participating in it right now. My store is not one of them.

I would think that the confirmation print out would be fine. When we have people at my store pick up their special orders or layaways, as long as they have their paper work, we never check ID.

[quote name='xycury']If you have a Kmart near you for in store pickup…

MyGofer coupon GIVING2010 will give you 30% off 30$ or more

Using the Lego sets on sale

7947 tower rescue kingdoms- reg 49.99 sale 39.99 w/ coup 28.00
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this, ordered the tower rescue. The site was a bit flakey and didn't give me the discount at first though.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU will be emailing out a coupon on 12/2 that is good for 12/3 - 12/4 that will be Buy 1 Get 1 50% off ALL Star Wars Legos.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

I love battle packs. I'm just sad it doesn't include the anubis warrior.... it should, considering you're only getting 3 mummies.

I'll be stuck getting alot of the magnet sets and trying to get rid of the main character....

[quote name='xycury']I love battle packs. I'm just sad it doesn't include the anubis warrior.... it should, considering you're only getting 3 mummies.

I'll be stuck getting alot of the magnet sets and trying to get rid of the main character....[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it looks like the new magnet sets will be glued :bomb:

Patrick Bégin, a LEGO Ambassador representing QuéLUG, got official word from LEGO on this subject :

"All Extended Line minifigure magnet sets will as of Jan 1st 2011 be glued.

Based on new requirements, the magnet base and the minifigures will have to be permanently fixed together on LEGO Star Wars magnet sets.

To ensure a consistent consumer experience across all LEGO minifigure magnet sets we have chosen to permanently fix the minifigure to the magnet base on all magnet sets moving forward from Jan 1st 2011 (incl. Pharaoh’s Quest launching Dec 1st). This decision has been carefully considered and was not taken easily as we know that many consumers will obviously not like this change."

[quote name='encendido5']Unfortunately, it looks like the new magnet sets will be glued :bomb:[/QUOTE]

WTF.... :bomb:

Why... for what reason... there isn't even a logical answer...

That is so stupid. My head just exploded.

There were rumours that license minifigures would be glued so you would have to buy the sets, but I see no need for the other themes to be glued. If you want to spend $5 on a normal minifigure than be my guest.

[quote name='xycury']WTF.... :bomb:

Why... for what reason... there isn't even a logical answer...

That is so stupid. My head just exploded.[/QUOTE]

Apparently to "ensure a consistent consumer experience" that will stink.

Most of the January wave of sets are out (At S@H), including Police and the cheaper Atlantis sets.

I have to say that the prices of next year's sets are disgusting. 96 piece Dog Car for $13? Not $10? $40 for a boat that has 176 pieces? The PQ flying mummy set (which I used in an interview today) has only 126 pieces.

Thankfully the Atlantis sets are still nicely priced.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddy']There were rumours that license minifigures would be glued so you would have to buy the sets, but I see no need for the other themes to be glued. If you want to spend $5 on a normal minifigure than be my guest.[/QUOTE]

I could agree with the licensed remark...

[quote name='salty tbone']Apparently to "ensure a consistent consumer experience" that will stink.[/QUOTE]

....but consistent experience to what? that all magnets suck?

True spending say $5 is outrageous, but leaving that only minifig in a $100 set is kind of greedy. I thought they wanted to curb the price of minifigs on the 3rd market, and thus magnets were born. Glueing them will only shift the 3rd market where it was before they were producing them.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Most of the January wave of sets are out, including Police and the cheaper Atlantis sets.

I have to say that the prices of next year's sets are disgusting. 96 piece Dog Car for $13? Not $10? $40 for a boat that has 176 pieces? The PQ flying mummy set (which I used in an interview today) has only 126 pieces.

Thankfully the Atlantis sets are still nicely priced.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was pretty bad about the pricing, I can't see how the PQ sets cost that much. Is it because of the larger sections of plastics used?!... because Atlantis has just as much and it's not throwing the piece per price formula off the scales.

[quote name='xycury']
True spending say $5 is outrageous, but leaving that only minifig in a $100 set is kind of greedy. I thought they wanted to curb the price of minifigs on the 3rd market, and thus magnets were born. Glueing them will only shift the 3rd market where it was before they were producing them.

Yeah it was pretty bad about the pricing, I can't see how the PQ sets cost that much. Is it because of the larger sections of plastics used?!... because Atlantis has just as much and it's not throwing the piece per price formula off the scales.[/QUOTE]

There was something about how the license owners wanted the people to buy the expensive sets just for the minifigures and LEGO gave in. Really stupid move to me. I can't see it hurting set sales that much.

I'm thinking about weighing the sets, see how much plastic is really used. I understand bigger pieces = less number of pieces in mold = more plastic = more expensive, but I remember when I bi-plane was $10. The police boat has a big base, but still for $40 there can't be a few more pieces to add so detail?

I'm hoping they release the Atlantis temple soon, I really want to see the price / piece count.

[quote name='bigdaddy']There was something about how the license owners wanted the people to buy the expensive sets just for the minifigures and LEGO gave in. Really stupid move to me. I can't see it hurting set sales that much.

I'm thinking about weighing the sets, see how much plastic is really used. I understand bigger pieces = less number of pieces in mold = more plastic = more expensive, but I remember when I bi-plane was $10. The police boat has a big base, but still for $40 there can't be a few more pieces to add so detail?

I'm hoping they release the Atlantis temple soon, I really want to see the price / piece count.[/QUOTE]

Thumbs down for licenses... I can't wait for SW to just go away.

I want the PQ Pyramid but with no other set to complete a b1g1, it's staying on the self. Sure I could buy two, but my wife would kill me. (I already have the King's Castle and no other set besides maybe another Pirate boat, but not in stock)

I'll wait for the Atlantis Temple and see if I can snag them both. I am suppose to have a $10GC soon, and I still have a 5 off 25 card to shave some fatty TRU tax off.

[quote name='xycury']Thumbs down for licenses... I can't wait for SW to just go away.[/QUOTE]

Be careful what you wish for: last I heard, Star Wars is playing a large part in keeping LEGO afloat, as a company. I have no problem with the profit-making licensed products as long as the other products still get developed.

Yea, its definitely that. You should download Google Chrome plug-in (I think its a plug-in), well I don't have the link but basically if you slide over a hidden lightning deal it shows you what it is. So freaking convinient

[quote name='skiizim']Possible LEGO Lightning Deal on Amazon at 2pm pst

~Clue~ We found Atlantis!

I'm guessing Portal to Atlantis, for those of you that want it here is the link,

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=384082011[/QUOTE]

Prim4444, thanks for the info. I sent my sister in so we'll see how strict they are. The paper does say she needs ID, so it might be a no-go.

Skiizim, thanks for posting that Amazon deal, with time enough for me to check it! I check it often, but for some reason always miss these darn lego deals on Amazon. Also, thanks to dejek for posting that nifty info about that download tool.

Son wanted that World Racers set, but I missed out on it....darn.

[quote name='skiizim']Possible LEGO Lightning Deal on Amazon at 2pm pst

~Clue~ We found Atlantis!

I'm guessing Portal to Atlantis, for those of you that want it here is the link,

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=384082011[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sentinel']Be careful what you wish for: last I heard, Star Wars is playing a large part in keeping LEGO afloat, as a company. I have no problem with the profit-making licensed products as long as the other products still get developed.[/QUOTE]

Star Wars saved the Lego Company from itself 10 years ago, but now-a-days that isn't the case. Lego went back to it's roots as a building toy, and while Star Wars is a top seller Lego would still make good money without it.

Plus as of right now Lego Star Wars lisence ends at the end of 2011. It was renewed once years ago, but so far no word about that happening again. It most likely will, but a time will come when it just becomes too eexpensive to keep around.

target has a coupon for $10 off the city fire station or the slave I - go to their site, click on coupons, then toys and sporting goods

[quote name='aunt beast']target has a coupon for $10 off the city fire station or the slave I - go to their site, click on coupons, then toys and sporting goods[/QUOTE]

I just found that coupon too the other night looking through some book my mom received in the mail. She got it sometime early last week too when I could have stacked it when it was already discounted $10. ='(

i was wondering if i would find it still discounted when i stopped by today .. never hurts to look...

not a deal .. but we missed out totally on the series 1 minifigs, just didn't know they were out there in time to snag any. thinkgeek is still selling them at a pricey $3.99 a bag .. and their site now says they'll have series 3 available in 1-2 weeks for *$4.99* a bag - ugh. i have heard they will be priced higher everywhere .. does that include S@H? goodbye $1.99/bag?

anyway, used a coupon to snag a few series 1 bags for my son's christmas stocking ... just used the barcode checker to see what we got .. a robot (yay!), a spaceman, a crash test dummy, and a diver. nice that they were all unique.

"nextorder" gets you $5 off $25 and $10 off $40 at thinkgeek.

The first minifigure series was a complete disaster and LEGO really should have went back and printed more before releasing series 2. A limit of 5 online and it still sold out in 3 days, and most stores didn't have them. Series 2 they fixed that.

It seems next year the official price might be $3 a bag, but we will just have to wait and see. they are not worth more than $2.

I think MSRP on the Minififg bags went up to 2.99. Someone was able to get them at Fred Meyer a couple weeks back for 1.99, but I have since seen empty shelf space with 2.99 price tags. S@H will probably be the same

Man, wish I had seen that cheat sheet before I bought 32 of them. I have 16 opened extras for sale, if anyone can't find them in stores.

FW says following lego sets are on sale for $27 at target 12/5-12/11

3181 passenger plane

8089 SW wampa cave

8061 atlantis gateway of the squid

looks like all of these are msrp $39.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back