LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to go for Portal of Atlantis for 59.99. 40% off for the set was too good a deal, and I had some Amazon gift cards to use as well.

I was gonna go for the Portal of Atlantis amazon deal, but I calculated it out and I actually only paid $56 for it at Fred Meyer with their previous B2G1free sale combined with ad coupons (I also got the Kingdoms castle and City airport for (calculated) $56 each along with it). That is still a pretty nice deal on amazon though - I hope everyone who wanted one got it. :cool:

Found series 3 at TRU today. At least 2 boxes that had already been gone through. Got 14 out of 16. Those little dots are a pain in the ass. All the fisherman and samurais were gone. Some of the others were very rare as well. $2.99 and the B1G1 half off worked.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Found series 3 at TRU today. At least 2 boxes that had already been gone through. Got 14 out of 16. Those little dots are a pain in the ass. All the fisherman and samurais were gone. Some of the others were very rare as well. $2.99 and the B1G1 half off worked.[/QUOTE]

I heard that the fisherman is the rarest one this series with only 2 per box.

I really like his beard, but with a better hair piece.

I just found where I put the series two code list, the site I used was completely wrong. The bar code was for the disco guy easily! I'm debating going to TRU tomorrow to look for series 3 or to Borders to get a skier if Borders has a coupon.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I heard that the fisherman is the rarest one this series with only 2 per box.

I just found where I put the series two code list, the site I used was completely wrong. The bar code was for the disco guy easily! I'm debating going to TRU tomorrow to look for series 3 or to Borders to get a skier if Borders has a coupon.[/QUOTE]

That damn gorilla either has no dents or one dent or two dents. expect to get an extra one of these if you are not careful.

Yeah, the gorilla has a really odd mark on it, when i bought some at TRU that was the one I was just not sure of. I was happy it was the gorilla.
If anyone was looking to trade a baseball player for a Sumo Wrestler I'd be interested. I picked up 10 figured without paying too much attention to the bumps and ended up with 3 of the Sumos. Not cool.

[quote name='mickeyp']You are lucky, did not find any at my TRU today. I was looking at the B1G1 1/2 off but did not see anything good.[/QUOTE]

Most TRU's are opening early (7 or 8AM) and closing late. Call a few stores and ask them if they have item # 577997 in stock. They should also be able to tell you how many also so you don't waste your time going if they only have 12 left. I knew by 8:30 am that 3 stores near me had them in stock - one had 20, another had 60, and the last one had 240...guess which one I went to! If you can't find them at the store, ask some workers as these things are being put everywhere (Lego section, baseball card section, front desk, etc.) All the stores by me that got their trucks in today or Tuesday had the figs...the stores that didn't have them get their trucks tomorrow or Friday. So its a good bet they will be arriving sometime this week.

And yes, dot/dimple reading sucks big time. After 15 minutes I still wasn't sure what the hell I had in my hands so I just bought a whole box.

Scanned a bag at Target and Walmart and neither has them in their system, so I doubt they will be getting them in any time soon.

I'm not even in a hurry to get these, I got lucky with the series 1. I happened to be there when they were just brought out and bought a complete set. Series 2 was a big pain in the ass with the price hikes at TRU and certain stores limiting you, that kind of burned me out. If I see them when I'm shopping I'll pick some up but wont go out of my way.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I heard that the fisherman is the rarest one this series with only 2 per box.

I just found where I put the series two code list, the site I used was completely wrong. The bar code was for the disco guy easily! I'm debating going to TRU tomorrow to look for series 3 or to Borders to get a skier if Borders has a coupon.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the boxes I went through only had 1 fisherman each.

I'm not sure the dots in that link are 100% accurate. What we really need is for someone to create a sheet with just the dots in black, no packaging, as that would make it really easy to scan the dots and line them up. I feel like the heat dot process will inherently lead to a bit of confusion anyway since it could be entirely possible that some of the dots don't show up as well depending on how the pressing occurred. Unfortunately tonight I got duplicate racers because their dots didn't quite look identical because one was missing.

Happy with my other finds so far though - Gorilla (the army begins), Snowboarder (awesome color on the helmet), Rapper (sweet accessories), Alien and the 2 racers (kinda meh, but not bad).

[quote name='etcrane']I'm not sure the dots in that link are 100% accurate. What we really need is for someone to create a sheet with just the dots in black, no packaging, as that would make it really easy to scan the dots and line them up. I feel like the heat dot process will inherently lead to a bit of confusion anyway since it could be entirely possible that some of the dots don't show up as well depending on how the pressing occurred. Unfortunately tonight I got duplicate racers because their dots didn't quite look identical because one was missing.

Happy with my other finds so far though - Gorilla (the army begins), Snowboarder (awesome color on the helmet), Rapper (sweet accessories), Alien and the 2 racers (kinda meh, but not bad).[/QUOTE]

There were a lot of imperfections in the heat seal that look like dots in a bunch of the packages I went through. Some of the dots could only be seen if the light hit the package at a certain angle also as some were just a small round outline. At least there are a lot of unique pieces that you can feel for in those packages you are not sure of.

[quote name='etcrane']I'm not sure the dots in that link are 100% accurate. What we really need is for someone to create a sheet with just the dots in black, no packaging, as that would make it really easy to scan the dots and line them up. I feel like the heat dot process will inherently lead to a bit of confusion anyway since it could be entirely possible that some of the dots don't show up as well depending on how the pressing occurred. Unfortunately tonight I got duplicate racers because their dots didn't quite look identical because one was missing.

Happy with my other finds so far though - Gorilla (the army begins), Snowboarder (awesome color on the helmet), Rapper (sweet accessories), Alien and the 2 racers (kinda meh, but not bad).[/QUOTE]

Here's one from brickset: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22283081@N08/5188309621/

and another just added: http://www.flickr.com/photos/50381011@N06/5225364412/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Nice, good show, those should help out alot. But man, it definitely is a pain to find the bumps ... god forbid if you had to do it in any sort of crowd of other people.

Second link appears to be slightly more accurate, at least from the cross reference of the 6 packages I have. But again ... it's a pain because even the 2 racer packs are slightly different in how pronounced the bumps are.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='prim4444']I'm pretty sure the boxes I went through only had 1 fisherman each.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, this is the first I heard about this. Not a fan of the higher price/rarer figures. I realize in the first two series some figs were fewer per box, but one a box? I'm more inclined to just stick to good ol' regular Lego. I'm getting too old to chase these minifigs. :)

Sister was able to pick up the toys at TRU without my id....

Hey Husher, were you ever able to get your train going? Time for me to do the same thing.

Also, can anyone help me....I want to buy some power functions for my son to play around with, but don't know which ones I need to buy (all sold separately)...need some kind of Power functions tutorial for dummies, or a list of what to buy.

No, I didn't invest the money to try to get Hogwart's running. I was going to use the TRU website to order the 4 things I think I need but it only applies the BOGO50%off to the first pair, and I can't get free shipping if I split them up. Didn't feel like spending $40 and then come to find out it won't work. I'm surprised nobody has posted a "how-to" for this yet.

The things you need to buy:

a motor (either the train one with wheels or the other motors they have in different sizes)

a battery box

a wired switch (to turn it off and on)

or an IR receiver and remote (sold seperatley)

[quote name='etcrane']Nice, good show, those should help out alot. But man, it definitely is a pain to find the bumps ... god forbid if you had to do it in any sort of crowd of other people.

Second link appears to be slightly more accurate, at least from the cross reference of the 6 packages I have. But again ... it's a pain because even the 2 racer packs are slightly different in how pronounced the bumps are.[/QUOTE]

I took a cart and put put 100+ minifigs in it and headed for the baby section. Then i heard someone say "they were just here, where did they go. theres one on the floor." haha! so many people there, i felt retarded pushing around that cart. so i parked it and started looking. only one person asked me what they were.

Good luck with these damn pictures of dots. Mine are exactly the same as some but very different from others.

ripped from FBTB:

"Thanks to the Google Chrome plugin, Amazon Lightning Deals page shows the LEGO Game Monster 4 as a deal for 12:00pm noon PST in the Toys and Games section. The game retails for $14.99. "

The LEGO Ambassadors have been told: "All Extended Line minifigure magnet sets will as of Jan 1st 2011 be glued.
"Based on new requirements, the magnet base and the minifigures will have to be permanently fixed together on LEGO Star Wars magnet sets. To ensure a consistent consumer experience across all LEGO minifigure magnet sets we have chosen to permanently fix the minifigure to the magnet base on all magnet sets moving forward from Jan 1st 2011 (incl. Pharaoh’s Quest launching Dec 1st). This decision has been carefully considered and was not taken easily as we know that many consumers will obviously not like this change."

LEGO at times can be really fucking stupid. Maybe they can come out and lie to us again about why they changed the colors of brown and grey.

Target has the Undersea Explorer Atlantis set online for $26.99.

As for the minifigures series 3, the dots are really hard to read, the second link above seems much better than the one I had posted at first.

TRU sale is automatic, I believe the discount is applied to cheapest set, so if you are buying sets and then mini-figures try to separate the transaction or the 50% will be removed from the mini-figures.

thank you, prayformojo.

hush, i got my hogwarts express running with the old 9V system - very easy. don't know how much it costs to pick up a 9V motor & etc. these days, but i do see them often on ebay.

[quote name='aunt beast']thank you, prayformojo.

hush, i got my hogwarts express running with the old 9V system - very easy. don't know how much it costs to pick up a 9V motor & etc. these days, but i do see them often on ebay.[/QUOTE]

I wish I picked up more of the motors when they were $12.50 on S@H a year or so ago. They now go for about $50 new it seems.

I just noticed it was a Star Wars mod that banned me from Eurobricks for being rude! I think it's rude he never even explained himself. "Over the last year I have seen rude comments from you". I have been in the Star Wars forum about twice in that time and haven't been in weeks. All I ever say in there is "You can't have Star Wars minifigures sold seperately, that's illegal, Lego has been sued before for that" and "Clone Wars sucks" and "Sometime the sets will cost too much money and the theme will end". I think it might be from a topic stating "Do you think Star Wars should end?" and I replied yes. You can't have a differing opinion than "Hell no!".

We've been over this before: The license has been renewed and LSW is not ending.
-Some guy on Eurobricks

Did anyone here hear that? I'd like to see a press release stating such.

[quote name='prayformojo']People are not messing around with those mini-figures, my local TRU was cleaned out today and they probably had 70 or so packs yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Went to another TRU early this morning and finished my set with the samurai and fisherman. Both were very hard to figure out so I just guessed on 4 figures i couldnt read good and ended up getting one of each. They had four boxes sitting there with maybe 60 left. With the holidays people will be buying the crap out of them anyways since they are cheap legos. In a month or two we will be swimming in them from other stores.

Ugggggggggh. I can't believe the Series 3s are out already. I just finished Series 2 (stupid Pharoah took forever to find.) I can't take this abuse anymore LEGO, make them easy to find, or don't make them at all. I refuse to hunt for them until after the holidays.

Had the Amazon Lego game in my cart, but did not check out. Lame at only 27% off.

Husher, thanks for the info....I also tried to buy it from TRU with the sale, but you're right....there's no good deal to be had when they only give you one discount.

In Paris, we still have minifigure sets 1 & 2 here, but they're 2.99 a pop, and once you convert them....too much!

[quote name='aunt beast']BOGO1/2O star wars legos at TRU friday & saturday[/QUOTE]
Do you have the link to the coupon? I didn't get in my email.

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Do you have the link to the coupon? I didn't get in my email.[/QUOTE]

It's most likely a door buster thing.

[quote name='prayformojo']TRU sale is automatic, I believe the discount is applied to cheapest set, so if you are buying sets and then mini-figures try to separate the transaction or the 50% will be removed from the mini-figures.[/QUOTE]

The registers will group similar priced sets together before applying any discounts. No need to do separate transactions.

Just came from my local TRU and still cant find a damn Elf! I looked through two cases with no luck, I have an extra rapper and mummy if anyone is interested. Those codes are so hard to read but when I get home they are so easy to see, almost like the change of temp affects the patterns

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have to admit ... the fisherman ... pretty bad ass ... as is the elf ... might have to forgo my gorilla army in favor of an army of fishermen and elves ... kind of a Lord of the Rings meets Deadliest Catch type Moc ;)

At least four boxes were gone in less than a day at my TRU. I really hope Lego mass produces the crap out of these so everyone can get some. Of course if they raise the MSRP to 2.99, that'll put a damper on my buying.

[quote name='bigdaddy']TRU is my favorite store in the world! All hail the great TRU!

(I got the job)[/QUOTE]

Now tell me which store so you can hook me up with your discount :lol:

j/k

congrats!

Just saw this on FBTB.net... List of sets that are sold out or "call for availability" at S@H. If you want these, you might want to pick them up at a B&M or risk paying high scalper prices later.

8018 AAT
8019 Republic Attack Shuttle
8037 Anakin's Y-Wing Starfighter
10196 Grand Carousel
10189 Taj Mahal
8403 City House
7642 Garage
7636 Combine Harvester
7598 Pizza Planet Truck Rescue
7206 Fire Helicopter
3222 Helicopter and Limousine
10185 Green Grocer
8017 Darth Vader's Tie Fighter
7748 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid

And these will be out of stock soon:

8036 Separatist's Shuttle
7749 Echo Base
7567 Traveller
7955 Wizard

I unexpectedly ended up at a TRU tonight and tried to decode a set of minifigs. Th girlfriend rushed me towards the end but I fared pretty good by grabbing a few kinda randomly at the end. Out of the 20 I got I got all but an Indian. Got an extra samurai, sumo wrestler, alien, and two old timey pilot guys.

So now I'll just need to get me an Indian and I'm done.

I found a box at Toys R US today! There were 55 in the box. It was very hard looking at the bumps. Nobody seemed to bother me or care about what I was doing. I am sure I looked weird though, standing there with a bunch of green packages staring at them, holding them up to the light, feeling them for a long time. I wasted a lot of time there. But I think I got them all not sure about the hula girl. The only one I opened with my son so far was the Elf, and he was surprised to see it did not have short legs.

[quote name='encendido5']Now tell me which store so you can hook me up with your discount :lol:

j/k

congrats![/QUOTE]

Haha

Thanks

I'll be sure to give you the maybe 10% off of TRUs 25-33% mark up. :lol:

[quote name='prim4444']Found a box of these today at work. That made my day.[/QUOTE]

So these are being carried in the LEGO section at TRU? What's MSRP?

LOL! Out of curiosity, I just called TRU.com to see if they could fix the website glitch and manually order the minifigs over the phone. They said if you wanted to do the BOGO50 deal for a whole box of 60, you would have to place 30 separate orders for 2 minifigures, with a shipping fee of $9.00 per order! Are they kidding me?! What a bunch of fucking idiots they have running that site! So idiotic its laughable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back