LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Series 4 minifigs:
What is the sailor holding? A silver wine cup? Hmm... "what do you do with a drunken sailor..." ;)
The punk rocker with the flying V is pretty sweet. I think this is the very first LEGO guitar accessory, no? Too bad they don't make a Les Paul for my LEGO-Zeppelin band! My favorite of the whole series!

I wonder which will be the most popular?

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Series 4 minifigs:
What is the sailor holding? A silver wine cup? Hmm... "what do you do with a drunken sailor..." ;)
The punk rocker with the flying V is pretty sweet. I think this is the very first LEGO guitar accessory, no? Too bad they don't make a Les Paul for my LEGO-Zeppelin band! My favorite of the whole series!

I wonder which will be the most popular?[/QUOTE]

To answer a different question series four cones out in April.

On Brickset the hockey player is most popular.

LEGO is copying what is popular on Brickforge, animals and now intriments.

The sailor is holding a silver telescope. In the Navy....

I finally found some Series 3 minifigs at the local TRU. I tried to get a set, but ended up with 3 duplicates. As others have mentioned, these heat dots are often very, very hard to identify. There were a number of packets where there were no dots at all! (Seriously - the bottom edge was completely flat.) I ended up giving up on the dots and tried to get a selection of packs with dot patterns that I didn't have in hand instead.

BTW, the dupes I have are:

Samurai
Snowboarder
Indian Chief

To complete my set, I need:

Hula Dancer
Rapper

Would anyone like to do a 1:1 trade? :D

Wow...what a great deal on that set. But shi#, must resist, MUST RESIST....husbands gonna kill me when he sees our next credit card bill....must resist!

[quote name='aunt beast']ha! didn't even notice, sorry. ;)

for $25, i was really tempted to get a second copy of this set, but i managed to resist. just barely. great deal, though.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't help myself, bought the Hoth Wampa set.

No Lego minifigs #3 in my area atm. Anyone have an eta on when they might show up at S@H?

[quote name='okc0r']I couldn't help myself, bought the Hoth Wampa set.

No Lego minifigs #3 in my area atm. Anyone have an eta on when they might show up at S@H?[/QUOTE]

January.

Maybe after Xmas.

[quote name='cutiepatootie']Wow...what a great deal on that set. But shi#, must resist, MUST RESIST....husbands gonna kill me when he sees our next credit card bill....must resist![/QUOTE]

haha cutie, we need to form a self-help group.

you'll have to be my sponsor, though, since i pulled the trigger and bought an extra wampa...

Lol. So, you cracked down, and got another one. :) I'm staying strong....but you guys are killing me. There's also 5% cashback too....MUST resist!

I have to resist on all these awesome deals or my wife will kill me :)

We found out we're having our first baby in June, so we need to save up to buy all the baby stuff. Though I could say I'm stockpiling Lego for the little one :lol:

Congrats on the baby news! My son is four now... I love being able to share Legos with him! We are currently working on all things in the City theme.

Found some POP sets clearanced at my local Kmart. Battle for the Knife $20, and the one with the big sawblades, $25. POP was a pretty lame movie, but the sets were REALLY good. In for the dark camel and the white turban. I'm sure the POP sets will go MUCH lower, but I didn't want to miss that Battle for the Knife set.

congratulations, encendido!!! :D

my sons and i are starting on our fourth annual lego christmas world. lego is so easy to rationalize when you have kids -- it's a great family hobby! :)

[quote name='yakkotank']Amazon (sorta) matches Toys R Us.

For a limited time, save 25% on two or more select LEGO items below.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1283274182&pf_rd_i=B003F80FHM[/QUOTE]

Is the price listed on the sale page the price before or after discount? I'm not getting an additional 25% off.

Also, thanks for the tip on Miejer. I was able to pick up a complete box today at 1.99 per minifigure. So far I like the tennis player best out of the 7 I have opened.

[quote name='aunt beast']congratulations, encendido!!! :D

my sons and i are starting on our fourth annual lego christmas world. lego is so easy to rationalize when you have kids -- it's a great family hobby! :)[/QUOTE]

+1

My wife loves to buy me lego sets. Then my daughter and I love to put them together. She plays with the mini figs while I go through and build the sets. The two train sets were huge fun for us all. Now that the train sets are put up, the TS3 Sets are getting a ton of love! Also, this marks our second year doing the advent set.

[quote name='JediKiller']This new lady rushes in, pulls the sign down at customer service and bluntly says 'we're not honoring that any more' At this point I'm feeling like I should get the $5 just for the way the 'customer service' rep treated me, but let it go cause I still had to pick up the games I was buying at the security desk.[/QUOTE]

This, and the fact that they jack up lego prices is why I don't like TRU. They seem to forget that the customer is right, and that if signage is up, you MUST honor the price/special.

To be honest, I've almost completely stopped walking into their stores anymore.

[quote name='bigdaddy']

I'm not supposed to talk about my three week job on message boards according to the rules. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, that hasn't really stopped me any...;)

[quote name='JediKiller']I was told they stopped doing this (the asking if you need batteries) At my local TRU, there were signs up for the longest time that informed customers they were entitled to a $5 GC if the cashier failed to ask if they needed batteries. I always waited to catch a cashier forgetting, and last week I did. She handed me the reciept, transaction over, and I said 'you forgot to ask if I needed batteries' She sent me to talk to customer service. The young woman at customer service acted like I was the biggest jerk for calling her on it and said they weren't honoring that anymore. Now admittedly, the signs are not up at the regualr check outs anymore, but there is still one at the customer service desk. she made a disgusted 'hmph' when I pointed out the sign still at customer service. She radioed for someone higher up to come over. This new lady rushes in, pulls the sign down at customer service and bluntly says 'we're not honoring that any more' At this point I'm feeling like I should get the $5 just for the way the 'customer service' rep treated me, but let it go cause I still had to pick up the games I was buying at the security desk.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChairmanMaow']This, and the fact that they jack up lego prices is why I don't like TRU. They seem to forget that the customer is right, and that if signage is up, you MUST honor the price/special.

To be honest, I've almost completely stopped walking into their stores anymore.[/QUOTE]

Just a word of advice for those that have any problems at TRU.

Fill out the online survey on your receipt. Stores are held accountable for the feedback on these. Everyone and I mean everyone reads these if any of these scores are low. Sometimes this is the only way for any know issues to become aware to the District Manager and higher ups outside the store.

[quote name='postureking']Is the price listed on the sale page the price before or after discount? I'm not getting an additional 25% off. [/QUOTE]

mm, this would be a great deal for someone if it actually worked .. on other sites they are reporting ppl getting the 25% off when they call customer service by phone or through live chat. may be worth pursuing for some of you .. here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000641391

[quote name='aunt beast']mm, this would be a great deal for someone if it actually worked .. on other sites they are reporting ppl getting the 25% off when they call customer service by phone or through live chat. may be worth pursuing for some of you .. here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000641391[/QUOTE]
I decided to give this a shot. Picked up the TS Train and Lotso's Dump Truck (my daughter loves TS3 and I am determined to make her be one of the few girls who love LEGOs) $57 and now i don't really have to worry about the clearance hunt for the train. Rationalizing its for the kid helps.
Thought Long and hard about Fire Brigade and Tantive IV. Those come out to about $105 each. I want Tantice IV so bad, but I have blown my LEGO budget way out of the water recently.

[quote name='ackbar7']I decided to give this a shot. Picked up the TS Train and Lotso's Dump Truck (my daughter loves TS3 and I am determined to make her be one of the few girls who love LEGOs)[/QUOTE]

My 3 year old girl loves playing with LEGO's, she constantly wants me to open every new set we get. We built the Atlantis Angler this past weekend.

The series 3 minifigures are kind of cool. I haven't had any luck getting a cyborg, rapper or fishermen but have all of the other figs I want. Going to obscure Toys R' Us stores in the suburbs yields nothing but full boxes.

Oooh, good advice prim. Wish I knew this way back when I was in Brooklyn, spotted a toy I wanted on sale, (Leapfrog magnetic toy for 19.99), and they wouldn't honor the deal for me, and pulled the sign.

I argued my way, but they wouldn't budge. Stores in nyc are stricter though....probably bc they have to deal with a lot of crap.

Haven't had any probs since then, but this is good to know...just in case.

[quote name='prim4444']Just a word of advice for those that have any problems at TRU.

Fill out the online survey on your receipt. Stores are held accountable for the feedback on these. Everyone and I mean everyone reads these if any of these scores are low. Sometimes this is the only way for any know issues to become aware to the District Manager and higher ups outside the store.[/QUOTE]

Amazon discount is working now...it's instant.

It's also killing me....son wanted world racers and that's the cheapest I can find it.....but I must buy 2. Hmnn....I'm going to have think about this.

aunt beast - I need counseling NOW.

I've been awake 22 hours. Thank you tea.

The TRU build is neat if it with the sword. It's a sword holder. Red black and gold. Very very simple, like 10 parts. However it comes with two 1x1 gold round pieces and a gold sword, the ninja type. If a TRU is near you I would check it out for sure, bring all the kids. Also there are tons of PQ out, almost the only thing left most likely because of the sales rules.

[quote name='ackbar7']I decided to give this a shot. Picked up the TS Train and Lotso's Dump Truck (my daughter loves TS3 and I am determined to make her be one of the few girls who love LEGOs) $57 and now i don't really have to worry about the clearance hunt for the train. Rationalizing its for the kid helps.
Thought Long and hard about Fire Brigade and Tantive IV. Those come out to about $105 each. I want Tantice IV so bad, but I have blown my LEGO budget way out of the water recently.[/QUOTE]

i feel the same way about the tantive .. and my lego budget. i had to walk away from this one -- the pockets are empty!

cutie, srsly, let's line up a church basement and get together soon. ;)

Made it to two Meijers today. One had one box and the other had two. Both had Series 2 left as well. They were one the top shelf so they were mostly full. My TRU also jacked minifigs up to $4.

I want the pyramid but I don't have a second "big" item…. Ideas anyone? I have every other big set.

I'm hoping that the coupon works on the minifigs, any ones that need one? I'm very open to trades!

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Made it to two Meijers today. One had one box and the other had two. Both had Series 2 left as well. They were one the top shelf so they were mostly full. My TRU also jacked minifigs up to $4.[/QUOTE]

I saw a spot for them for $3, but there was none there. Your store just sucks. :p

My TRU was gutted. Big sets were cleaned out today, I went looking for the Pyramid, sold out. Ended up snagging a Slave I (hidden in the stuffed animal aisle) and the Creator Blue Truck with 4-Wheeler set (1061 pieces in that bad boy.) Now somebody turn off the LEGO deals before I go broke.

one son and i stopped at TRU today, cruised the aisles, shrugged and decided they must not have the S3 figs yet, then found a full box still sealed with an open box 1/2 full sitting on the top shelf of a middle-of-the-aisle display of small sets. $3.99 per -- ugh. but we had the BOGO1/2O coupon.

no one was paying any attention at all to the minifigs until we pulled out our cheat sheet and started identifying bags, then suddenly we drew their attention and people started reaching past us to grab handfuls not even knowing what they were. :)

we ended up buying some, came home and very carefully went through them to figure out where we had dupes, and we'll exchange those tomorrow IF they still have any left. i was very, very tempted to open the sealed box and get a fisherman but i desisted. :)

at $3/bag after coupon, still way too expensive. was really wishing meijer would have them but the spot was empty. i keep telling the boys that these are supposed to be around a lot longer and easier to get, but they are on fire to find their favorites asap. i'll probably bring an empty bag into meijer tomorrow and scan it or ask a stocker to check in back just in case.

[quote name='aunt beast']

no one was paying any attention at all to the minifigs until we pulled out our cheat sheet and started identifying bags, then suddenly we drew their attention and people started reaching past us to grab handfuls not even knowing what they were. :)[/QUOTE]

Well that explains everything that is wrong with our "BUY BUY BUY!!!!! EVERYTTHING!!!! NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" society.

[quote name='aunt beast']i got a new email from TRU with another BOGO1/2O *all* lego coupon good for 12/7-12/9 .. not sure if it's the exact same coupon again or if they extended the date, but here it is:

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/med...6604&csu=1247329&camp=CME:20101207_Em_TRU_DOD[/QUOTE]

same one, just late. TRU likes to spread emails around a few days... once I got one of these coupon sales on the last day, in the evening it was advertised... pissed me off.

This is so true. I can remember myself at Target on BF, not needing to buy something but grabbing it bc everyone else was, and in the frenzy, you think you NEED to buy. But then my sensibility came back, and I put it back.

So, how's TRU....you like the company any better now? :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']Well that explains everything that is wrong with our "BUY BUY BUY!!!!! EVERYTTHING!!!! NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" society.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Made it to two Meijers today. One had one box and the other had two. Both had Series 2 left as well. They were one the top shelf so they were mostly full. My TRU also jacked minifigs up to $4.[/QUOTE]

Which Meijers? Thinking of going to the Canton one tonight...

[quote name='cutiepatootie']This is so true. I can remember myself at Target on BF, not needing to buy something but grabbing it bc everyone else was, and in the frenzy, you think you NEED to buy. But then my sensibility came back, and I put it back.

So, how's TRU....you like the company any better now? :)[/QUOTE]

I love the amount of paperwork I needed to sign being I'll probably only work there 5-6 nights. The woman who did the schedule gave me one day this week and made it seem like she was shoving me in. I was one of three overnight workers on Monday when there is supposed to me over a dozen. What's the point of hiring 80 people for three weeks if they never actually use them?

Does that answer your question? :lol:

WOW...what nonsense. But at least you won't have to drink so much tea. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']I love the amount of paperwork I needed to sign being I'll probably only work there 5-6 nights. The woman who did the schedule gave me one day this week and made it seem like she was shoving me in. I was one of three overnight workers on Monday when there is supposed to me over a dozen. What's the point of hiring 80 people for three weeks if they never actually use them?

Does that answer your question? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Barnes and Noble coupon won't work on legos...tried it, and you beat me posting it Jaymatik. :) Looks like they added some disclaimer on all the legos saying no additional discounts, unless expressly stated...blah, blah.

But works on other toys...bought something for the nephew, signed up for the free 2 month B&N membership (which you can cancel online), got free shipping, and 10% cb from shopathome.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back