List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='COLDblood']2011 glasses are no longer available in the market place[/QUOTE]

Grill PROP also removed!! Sorry guys

Bing Shirts still works if missed it

[quote name='COLDblood']Glad I got the BBQ this time... missed it the first time.[/QUOTE]

Im not saying it was me but I kept sending them emails in Oct and Nov about the grill prop, like once a
week, and I guess a lot of others did too bc it was only available for one week usually thats a GOLD
special but yeah it was lame and I am glad I got it this time too. :bouncy: I wish the Black Ops were still UP :(

[quote name='TriskaidekaPunk']Works for on en-us too! but its old I have had I'd say 2yrs now
The pictures are cute though, It is one of the nicer FREE ones
Thanks though[/QUOTE]
works for canadian accounts too

I don't know if this has been posted before but currently the former exclusive DLC for MX vs ATV Reflex is available for free:

Reflex Special Series

Unlock five new events in the exclusive Reflex Special Series. Expand your racing career and earn in-game credits to purchase additional gear, parts and vehicles. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

The DLC unlocks these 5 events:

• Outdoor National Elimination - Sugar Ridge, Concord, RI
  • Waypoint Rival - Watershed, Hillsgrove, NY
  • Stadium Supercross Section Race - Stonepoint Stadium, Stonepoint, IN
  • Omnicross Overthrow - Iron Gate, Lynchburg, WV
  • Omnicross Outrunner - Barranca Del Diablo, Polerda, Spain

[sarcasm/] I like that now Destination: Arcade is gone, they've removed the Avatar Awards (male/female White XBL Hoody and a Purple Dragon Prop), I mean, wow, how lame can they get?

[quote name='Hawaiian']I don't know if this has been posted before but currently the former exclusive DLC for MX vs ATV Reflex is available for free[/QUOTE]
Don't have it but will dL the DLC for later thanks! Retail for game $20 may buy it I have #1 on ps2 :)

[quote name='Proud Azrael'][sarcasm/] I like that now Destination: Arcade is gone, they've removed the Avatar Awards (male/female White XBL Hoody and a Purple Dragon Prop), I mean, wow, how lame can they get?[/QUOTE]

We already talked about that buddy, please try to read back 3-4pages before posting things. DA was removed but still download-able but can't use it
because it was in beta series and there no post on when the real version may be released. Sorry if you missed it though :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TriskaidekaPunk']Don't have it but will dL the DLC for later thanks!

We already talked about that buddy, please try to read back 3-4pages before posting things. DA was removed but still download-able but can't use it
because it was in beta series and there no post on when the real version may be released. Sorry if you missed it though :([/QUOTE]

I know Destination: Arcade is gone, what I meant by what I wrote is, it's annoying that the unlockable Avatar Awards were taken away as well, they were still on my HDD, but I am unable to use them, sorry for the confusion.

[quote name='Proud Azrael']I know Destination: Arcade is gone, what I meant by what I wrote is, it's annoying that the unlockable Avatar Awards were taken away as well, they were still on my HDD, but I am unable to use them, sorry for the confusion.[/QUOTE]

I think you are mistaken because I just logged in on my personal tag then my two guest accounts and my gf's that all have it and they can use them in
Avatar Editor and on my dashboard, and even on XboX.com on profile view and Avatar Editor mine works. And it won't show up in Purchase history
because it part of the "game" but if you truly delete it you are screwed for like said no idea on when the REAL release may ever be or ever HAPPEN!

Plus I don't see them removing it will fault the items to disappear or not work!! I got blk controller, the '08 x-mas gift, and other item removed from XBL and
they stay on the console if I delete :'( I cry, So not to be mean but it sounds like you just never got them, but if you did that sucks bc MS wont care, sorry
mate terrible way to start off 2011 and as a CAGs

***If you DELETE D.A. YOUR AVATAR ITEMS GO WITH IT*** (well any game)

Free Track Pack for Rock Band 3: Build your Rock Band 3 library by purchasing this song game track pack: Rock Band Free Pack 01. This pack includes "Visions", "Get Clean", "Night Lies", "Shoulder to the Plow", "Neighborhood", "A Jagged Gorgeous Winter", "Conventional Lover", "Supreme Girl", and "Rob the Prez-O-Dent" by various artists.

Says for Gold only.

Marketplace Link

It's basically the Harmonix bands who's songs didn't export from RB2 for whatever reason.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Free Track Pack for Rock Band 3: Build your Rock Band 3 library by purchasing this song game track pack: Rock Band Free Pack 01. This pack includes "Visions", "Get Clean", "Night Lies", "Shoulder to the Plow", "Neighborhood", "A Jagged Gorgeous Winter", "Conventional Lover", "Supreme Girl", and "Rob the Prez-O-Dent" by various artists.

Says for Gold only.

Marketplace Link

It's basically the Harmonix bands who's songs didn't export from RB2 for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's one of those "gold for a week" then silver things. AFAIK it'll always be free.

[quote name='Proud Azrael'][sarcasm/] I like that now Destination: Arcade is gone, they've removed the Avatar Awards (male/female White XBL Hoody and a Purple Dragon Prop), I mean, wow, how lame can they get?[/QUOTE]

Nope I'm donning the Hoody atm.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Nope I'm donning the Hoody atm.[/QUOTE]

Were you already wearing it, or have you just put it on now?

But either way, on my 360, they were missing from the Avatar Editor.

Eh, anyway, it doesn't matter now.

[quote name='Proud Azrael']Were you already wearing it, or have you just put it on now?

But either way, on my 360, they were missing from the Avatar Editor.

Eh, anyway, it doesn't matter now.[/QUOTE]

The hoodie and dragon are working for me still. I mean I think the dragon itself is one of those pets you could purchase. Shouldn't it still be somewhere in the marketplace?

Deleting Destination Arcade from your HDD will NOT remove the avatar awards(hoodie and dragon).
Removing Destination Arcade from your Played Games List(since it has 0 GS) will remove the avatar awards.

The same can be said of Halo Waypoint.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']The hoodie and dragon are working for me still. I mean I think the dragon itself is one of those pets you could purchase. Shouldn't it still be somewhere in the marketplace?[/QUOTE]
That's a different dragon.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Deleting Destination Arcade from your HDD will NOT remove the avatar awards(hoodie and dragon).
Removing Destination Arcade from your Played Games List(since it has 0 GS) will remove the avatar awards.

The same can be said of Halo Waypoint.

That's a different dragon.[/QUOTE]

interesting. i am at work right now and can't try this but i still have destination arcade on my hard drive but i removed it from my played games list. do you think if it booted up the destination arcade it would give me back my avatar awards even though it is no longer working? sorry if you guys have already covered this.

[quote name='chipper_95']interesting. i am at work right now and can't try this but i still have destination arcade on my hard drive but i removed it from my played games list. do you think if it booted up the destination arcade it would give me back my avatar awards even though it is no longer working? sorry if you guys have already covered this.[/QUOTE]
Very doubtful.

After I removed Halo Waypoint and lost my avatar awards I was forced to go back into it and let it read that I had unlocked them so they could all unlock again, since that is all it required to "re-earn" them.
Considering not only does Destination Arcade actually require you to do things to unlock the avatar awards in the first place and then have to re-do those to "re-earn" them, but that it also doesn't let you do anything with it anymore, it's extremely unlikely that it will work.

Sorry :(

[quote name='Andami']^It doesn't work even if you use it offline without the updates. I tried, but nothing would unlock for me. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah agreed when I got Waypoint I only did it for the PROP and i deleted and Im like AHH WTF com back monitor!! And now I have other unlockables in
waypoint. It's not every/any game its just whole arcade style games installed on the drive. Alright sense that settled any got some FREE stuff news??

ONLY Thing I found is GOLD Exclusive
LeChuck Outfit - 240ms
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/LeChuck-Outfit/00000238-b7b6-9262-c691-d9fc58410a53

There are a few more gold exclusive avatar items on sale right now... I found around 5 that are not "deal of the week", but none are free.

Hoping I get the free ESPN stuff... I dont have time to watch a full game, think the longest game I watched was 2 quarters.

OMG OMG OMG I almost forgot, I know much yall may not play it but I have it it's kickass the game "Naughty Bear" YES killer teddy bear

Episode-8 *Super Hero* is free
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...pisode-8/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-0004464f07d8

You can play all acts in it without getting gold and this one just another "Episode" for the game like a different installment chapter.
Pretty BADass if you got naughty-bear DL!!!

[quote name='TriskaidekaPunk']
Rock Band:
Dreaming of Love:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Dreaming-of-Love/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-03ac45410829

Guitar Hero:
Neversoft Phon-Tones:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...ack-Pack/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-002e41560840

"Hark":
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...Ouimette/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-004741560840

I was trying to add more but XboX.com user accounts are down for the morning :([/QUOTE]

Please read the OP before posting. All three of these have been free for over a year and are all listed in the OP. Along with MANY other RB/GH tracks.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Please read the OP before posting. All three of these have been free for over a year and are all listed in the OP. Along with MANY other RB/GH tracks.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you are talking about all I posted was the naughty-bear. :bouncy:
PLUS the original post gets updated regularly so SOMEONE may post something then Nebenator will update the OP!

There are a few more free peices of DLC for Lips that are not listed in the OP:

"Lips: Number One Hits Song Medley"
"Donuts, Go Nuts!" (from 'Splosion Man)

It's not XBL Content, for the most part, you can add unlock Premium Theme though.
You can make custom backgrounds and change the base color as well just no FRIEND Icons but 360 defaults.
All you need is a jumpdrive and a PC (windows xp, vista or 7), yall can complain I POSTED THIS but for some
may be very HAPPY!! Plus the EXE dont install on PC so no hassles one deleting if you hate it!!

Modio:
http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.game-tuts.com%2Fcommunity%2Fmodio.php&session_token=UszpFPfs0vC7rFKkgNv6dYNK6QF8MTI5NDM1MDg3MQ%3D%3D

Modio Tutorial:
http://youtu.be/Hwy9NewNXe0

The form says FREE stuff for XboX and all this is FREE besides having the jump n pc!
*no mods, just copy n paste, and no BAN from XBL*

[quote name='TriskaidekaPunk']It's not XBL Content, for the most part, you can add unlock Premium Theme though.
You can make custom backgrounds and change the base color as well just no FRIEND Icons but 360 defaults.
All you need is a jumpdrive and a PC (windows xp, vista or 7), yall can complain I POSTED THIS but for some
may be very HAPPY!! Plus the EXE dont install on PC so no hassles one deleting if you hate it!!

Modio:
http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=h...=UszpFPfs0vC7rFKkgNv6dYNK6QF8MTI5NDM1MDg3MQ==

Modio Tutorial:
http://youtu.be/Hwy9NewNXe0

The form says FREE stuff for XboX and all this is FREE besides having the jump n pc!
*no mods, just copy n paste, and no BAN from XBL*[/QUOTE]

i don't normally use a usb drive as storage for my 360 but if i were to format one for use on the 360, could i copy the theme off of that usb once it is made and plugged in to my 250gb xbox 360 hard drive so that i wouldn't have to keep the usb drive plugged in? it seems like i could since at that point its just a normal theme file anyway correct? either way thanks for the post. i might have to try this out.

[quote name='COLDblood']There are a few more gold exclusive avatar items on sale right now... I found around 5 that are not "deal of the week", but none are free.

Hoping I get the free ESPN stuff... I dont have time to watch a full game, think the longest game I watched was 2 quarters.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, what Avatar items are they? Depending on what it is, I may actually pick it up since I like to give the developers of video games I like a "tip" that basically just says I enjoy their products and want them to make more.

It's why my Avatar has the Mass Effect 2 N7 Armor. :lol:

[quote name='chipper_95']i don't normally use a usb drive as storage for my 360 but if i were to format one for use on the 360, could i copy the theme off of that usb once it is made and plugged in to my 250gb xbox 360 hard drive so that i wouldn't have to keep the usb drive plugged in? it seems like i could since at that point its just a normal theme file anyway correct? either way thanks for the post. i might have to try this out.[/QUOTE]

YES, you format the jump with XboX software, EXPLORE it via program on PC and pasted the themes in, plug jump in XboX and then move them off. Simple as that. :)

[quote name='fei33']This Avatar Item is currently FREE. It's a 1GOAL T-Shirt in the Lifestlyes > Fan Gear area of the Avatar Marketplace.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/1GOAL-T-shirt/00000008-4650-0261-cdb2-b3025858081c[/QUOTE]

Thats very old, and already on the post with female and male LINK, its as old as BING shirts are. Thanks though

I know it's been asked a while ago (with no clear answer) but is there a list of this stuff on a website somewhere? Something a bit easier to navigate than sorting through 80+ pages of a forum thread..?

If not, any reason? Any objections to it being done??

Posted 8-10-10
[quote name='downsouthtigger']Aside from a new patch for Nuaghty Bear they added another episode for free.

Naughty Bear-Add on Episode 8
Link[/QUOTE]

Posted 01-05-11
[quote name='TriskaidekaPunk']OMG OMG OMG I almost forgot, I know much yall may not play it but I have it it's kickass the game "Naughty Bear" YES killer teddy bear

Episode-8 *Super Hero* is free
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...pisode-8/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-0004464f07d8
[/QUOTE]

Looks like the thread is tripping over itself again. Someone needs to clean it up a bit. b4 anyone gets defensive, its on the first page list and aww hell no one uses search anywhere on these forums. ;)

[quote name='Andami']There was, but it was shut down after Microsoft redesigned their site a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so there isn't anymore.

Any objections to making one?

It's be nice to have one that automatically could check the XBL Marketplace and alert us to New, Free content, but I'm guessing that was what the old site did thus making it prone to failure if there is a site/DB redesign by MS.

So I'm ok with just doing a plain ol' manually added/updated site. The best of what is found here can be added and the bad/expired stuff can just be removed. It'd be much easier to look at and more friendly for those who are new to the search.

That's correct. From what I understand, it is now virtually impossible to for a program to automatically update itself with a list of all free items on XBL due to Xbox.com's internal changes, hence why XboxIndex was shut down.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']This has just, briefly, made me wish I owned Lips. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ya know, that's just what I was thinking.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']This has just, briefly, made me wish I owned Lips. :lol:[/QUOTE]

This has just, briefly, made me realized I do own Lips.

I bought it with the two mics at Kmart...mostly for the microphones.

[quote name='TriskaidekaPunk']OH darn I SWORE it wasn't on here my bad I will delete it for double post Thanks downsouthtigger

Yeah there needs to be some clean up but I delete my posts after a week. SELF CLEAN :)

But a proof shot of the modded FREE theme I made, with WoW characters (shhh im not addicted)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/Death-Metal-Punk/old/DSC05073.jpg[/QUOTE]

Modded theme? Isn't that just a wallpaper? The X360 lets you assign any picture as a wallpaper without any "modding"...well at least I know it was possible before NXE, no idea if its changed but I don't see why it would have.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Modded theme? Isn't that just a wallpaper? The X360 lets you assign any picture as a wallpaper without any "modding"...well at least I know it was possible before NXE, no idea if its changed but I don't see why it would have.[/QUOTE]

well i think what makes this different is that you can actually change the 4 different wallpapers using this program whereas if you just use an image as a wallpaper it keeps that same image for all the different sections where the background normally changes. it was like that before the nxe and now its still the same way if you just pick an image as the wallpaper.

[quote name='DigiSmack']Ok, so there isn't anymore.

Any objections to making one?

It's be nice to have one that automatically could check the XBL Marketplace and alert us to New, Free content, but I'm guessing that was what the old site did thus making it prone to failure if there is a site/DB redesign by MS.

So I'm ok with just doing a plain ol' manually added/updated site. The best of what is found here can be added and the bad/expired stuff can just be removed. It'd be much easier to look at and more friendly for those who are new to the search.[/QUOTE]

So you basically want to do what Nebenator already does on the first post of this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back