LOST - The Final Season - LOST Auction Aug 21-22 (Post 1439)

[quote name='xycury']damn slidecage

he probably means this:

from this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_be_dragons

Figures he would take a phrase, translate it, fuck it up, and make it sound like freaking dragons are flying out.[/QUOTE]

i could swear that map said Dragons are here but i guess it didnt :(

found one link
http://www.jayandjack.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/blastDoorMapOverlay.jpg

It might been in a enterainment weekly that translated it and put dragons are here

i really did belive we might seen dragons flying around :) who knows if the island ever time traveled before or even went to another space

way too much hype for the ending i say it will let many down..... i say the 2 worlds crash into one another

Was a bit worried as my cable and internet were down when I got up! Called Comcast and the automated message said there was an outage in the area and it was being worked on.

All good now so I'm all set to watch! Keeping my excitement in check though so I won't be too disappointed.

Wow what a big middle finger to the audience regarding the Aaron and psychic situation:

quote from the creators:

What's the story with Aaron?" And we go, okay, the story with Aaron is that a psychic told Claire that he was special, but then subsequently, in an Eko episode, we revealed that the psychic was a fraud. So people are like, "Why is Aaron special?" and we're like, "But, that wasn't true. That guy was a liar." "Well, why did The Others abduct him?" Well, the Others revealed that they abducted him because he was a baby born on the island, and they wanted to see if there was anything they could glean scientifically to solve their fertility issues.

And so there it is in the show, in black and white, but people still say, "So why is Aaron special?!"

What a terrible plot device.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Wow what a big middle finger to the audience regarding the Aaron and psychic situation:

quote from the creators:

What a terrible plot device.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. That may be a letdown for some people, but it's really just as good of an explanation as any. There was a really good preview article on Yahoo earlier today about the remaining questions on LOST and which ones actually matter. Aaron being "special" wasn't as big a part of the series as say Dharma's entire purpose or even Walt being "special". There are always going to be things that people would like to know WHY they happened. But some of it makes no difference to the overall story. Some of the fanatics who are getting in a tizzy about the questions that haven't been answered really need to make that distinction. Just like what Jacob told Kate about her name being crossed off as a candidate, "It's just chalk on a wall". Some people read into things way too much.

Here's that Yahoo article
http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/lost-the-questions-we-actually-dont-care-about--1266

It was the way they presented the case.

So the psychic was supposed to be your typical fraud, sure. But the way he acted before they revealed that was just ridiculous to think that he was a fake.

He gets frightened, tells a young woman what to do with her unborn son, calls her constantly in order for her to take a specific flight and if I recall he even gave her money back.

And yet were supposed to just say he's a fraud? I liked to believe that he was a fraud until he met Clare, which is how they portrayed him in those scenes. If it was a plot device they couldn't fit in I'd feel much better if they'd just admit it. And if they planned this all along then it was definitely poorly done. It'd be equivalent to them saying "The Walt phenomenons were just coincidences, we don't understand what fans are so curious about"

[quote name='Indignate']Wait, hold on...

People thought Aaron was special?[/QUOTE]

Maybe the psychic meant slow....or gay? (I joke) Most of the stuff they say in Lost doesn't make sense until you watch a couple of episodes. All the old, unanswered questions leave my mind after a couple weeks, anyway.

the ending ...

a polar bear will wake up in his cave and tell the other bears about this weird dream he had about living on a topical island with all of these crazy people (like the newhart ending )

LOL wonder how many people that would piss off .... or its all in the mind of a Artistic person (like the entire St. Elsewhere series

(wooo i just runined the ending of 2 good series for people who never watched them : )

[quote name='slidecage'] in the mind of a Artistic person

(wooo i just runined the ending of 2 good series for people who never watched them : )[/QUOTE]

And showed how absolutely retarded you are.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Some people read into things way too much.Here's that Yahoo article
[/QUOTE]

To be fair, that was the whole draw of the show. The mystery, all the little hints they put in the shows etc.

Without that, it's just another character driven drama on TV schedules full of them.

Some people do go to far, but it is frustrating when series go on and big plot points from early seasons get pushed aside as they change gears etc.

But as I said earlier that's just a flaw of TV as a medium--without having a set number of seasons from the start there's little chance to map everything out from the get go. Books will always be the best medium for telling long complex stories as it's easier to get a whole series out. Especially for established authors.

So the finale doesn't actually begin until 9? I don't care about the extra crap they made to stetch it out, so I'll just do something else until then.

[quote name='slidecage']or its all in the mind of a Artistic person (like the entire St. Elsewhere series

(wooo i just runined the ending of 2 good series for people who never watched them : )[/QUOTE]

That would actually be really cool if LOST was just in the mind of an ARTISTIC person. Like maybe it's just a painting they created, or a science-fiction novel they've written. I don't know. They'd have to be pretty ARTISTIC though for it to make sense. But I do like your line of thinking. Just the fact that you came up with that concept makes me think you're pretty ARTISTIC yourself.

Derrrrrrrrrr :dunce:

Yeah, what if the entire show was Walt's premonition of something bad that would happen? Like when he drew the picture of the dead bird and a bird ran into the window and got killt.

Have to say I like how they integrate the notes from fans into scenes from the show in this recap special. Making me sadder to think the show will soon be over!

Otherwise, same pointless crap as past recap specials.

Jimmy Kimmel according to his "verified" twitter page SPOILER

just saw the Lost finale...I NEVER would have guessed they were inside a video game. Holy crap.

[quote name='kelsey55993']Does anyone know if they will be doing a season recap before the finale tonight[/QUOTE]

They did a 2 hour series recap before the Finale on the east coast.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']
seriously 5 minutes of the show for every 20 minutes of commericials lol[/QUOTE]

That's why it's a 2.5 hour finale. So once they weed all that shit out, it makes the 2 hour final episode on home video. I miss when I first got into this show. I'd watch them from box sets and not have to suffer through this madness.

A half hour of commercials is still insane. ABC should have opted to not be pricks and present it commercial free. But no, they gotta milk it because they know their network is in the shitter as of 11:30 PM EST. The promos for these shitty new shows and the cancellation of Flash Forward prophecies a long stint of shitty ratings.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']That's why it's a 2.5 hour finale. So once they weed all that shit out, it makes a great final episode on home video. I miss when I first got into this show. I'd watch them from box sets and not have to suffer through this madness.[/QUOTE]

I've been watching on TV the whole way, and only had DVR for seasons 1 (had directv with tivo) and this last season.

So I'm used to it unfortunately.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']That's why it's a 2.5 hour finale. So once they weed all that shit out, it makes a great final episode on home video. I miss when I first got into this show. I'd watch them from box sets and not have to suffer through this madness.[/QUOTE]
I was tempted to wait and watch it on my DVR tomorrow so I could fast foward through the commercials, but I didn't want anyone spoiling the finale for me.

[quote name='Sigma']I was tempted to wait and watch it on my DVR tomorrow so I could fast foward through the commercials, but I didn't want anyone spoiling the finale for me.[/QUOTE]

Same, here. Thought of letting it record half of it then start watching, but couldn't wait!

Holy shit, the dude above was right, that was like 5 fucking minutes and then a commercial! It's totally ruining what otherwise would have been masterful pacing.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']That's why it's a 2.5 hour finale. So once they weed all that shit out, it makes the 2 hour final episode on home video. I miss when I first got into this show. I'd watch them from box sets and not have to suffer through this madness.

A half hour of commercials is still insane. ABC should have opted to not be pricks and present it commercial free. But no, they gotta milk it because they know their network is in the shitter as of 11:30 PM EST. The promos for these shitty new shows and the cancellation of Flash Forward prophecies a long stint of shitty ratings.[/QUOTE]

Um, actually, a typical episode of lost has 18-20 minutes of commercials, so this episode should have about 50 minutes of commercials.

More like ABC realizing V was a piece of shit and wouldn't replace Lost, so they're trying to make a quick buck by squeezing in extra commercials. You can tell in the editing that they chopped the show up the final cut to fit more ads in.

Can't say this is all that great. It's not bad, it's just not very compelling or memorable.
Cliche bad vs good fight on a cliff in the rain, and the reach-for-the-weapon sequence, along with the good-guy-comes-back-with-a-gun-and-a-one-liner really took me off guard.

And the only reason I can talk about this while it's actually going on is because of the impressively frequent commercials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, definitely. There's like 4 minutes of Lost, 4 minutes of commercials. I can't to see how long it is when the commercials are ripped out.

[quote name='evanft']Yeah, definitely. There's like 4 minutes of Lost, 4 minutes of commercials. I can't to see how long it is when the commercials are ripped out.[/QUOTE]

80 minutes tops.

how is the finale tonight without posting spoilers? I am going to watch it in a bit.

Alright.....they just lost me. I hope wiki is updated tomorrow because I understand things better when reading them. I also love how the dog made it all the way through out the series yet Walt and his dad didnt make the cut.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Alright.....they just lost me. I hope wiki is updated tomorrow because I understand things better when reading them. I also love how the dog made it all the way through out the series yet Walt and his dad didnt make the cut.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it didn't make much sense that they weren't at the church....

Also no resolution for what happened with Lapidus and Richard--and didn't make a lot of sense that Kate and Sawyer where on the plane yet also at the church. Made sense for Jack with his last on lsland scene.

So I guess the writers were just lying back in season 1 when they said it wasn't a purgatory story! :D

bread's done
Back