My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

fuck. I can't even log in, and this is the first time I'm online today. Is the site's authentication down? This is beyond uber-lag. I can't login and keep receiving the "Error - We cannot process your request" response.

Thought I was the only one having trouble. Yah I was looking forward to taking advantage of this, won't be happening now.

[quote name='droidekaspam']Yeah I call Shaq-fu! on mycokerewards. They're not playing fair. I've been trying to login/enter codes for the last 90 minutes.[/QUOTE]Yeah, same here. The MCR browser-based page endlessly tries to log me in (to no avail), while the Yahoo Widget I just installed occasionally shows me my points balance -- when it actually manages to connect -- but will tell me it can't connect when I try to enter a code. Still holding out hope... for Coke customer service?

I was able to enter my first set of codes, but half way through the process the site went down. SHAQ-FU THAT. Coke is getting an email tomorrow. This is wack.

For those that are saying it came back, for me it hasn't. The main page kind of loads, and at best it hangs at the log in screen. Besides coming back at 10 minutes to 12 is real helpful.

[quote name='doodle777_98']its up.[/QUOTE]Right you are -- I just entered my last 10-point codes in the widget. Hop to it, people!

Wow I hate flash!!!

Why is it when I enter my Powerade codes it asks me what flavor the code came from. I drink a lot of the flavors, and if I guess wrong I don't get credit.

[quote name='Moose_Man']Wow I hate flash!!!

Why is it when I enter my Powerade codes it asks me what flavor the code came from. I drink a lot of the flavors, and if I guess wrong I don't get credit.[/quote]

Not true. According to their FAQ, it asks which flavors they are from to better tailor prizes and offers according to what you drink. It doesn't matter what you choose, you still get credit.

[quote name='sp00ge']Not true. According to their FAQ, it asks which flavors they are from to better tailor prizes and offers according to what you drink. It doesn't matter what you choose, you still get credit.[/QUOTE]

In reality, I think its just for them to count how well each product sells.

[quote name='neocisco']I always choose the most obscure flavor for each code.:twisted: Caffeine-free Vanilla Coke Zero, anyone? How about Diet Orange Fanta?[/QUOTE]

Those flavors exist :whistle2:s Well, I just pick whatever's faster, and usually I drink the most popular ones they have in the front of the list.

Especially some drinks like powerade, or the minimade juices, I dont have time to click through all of them!

After trying for 20 minutes last night, I was able to enter my codes.

Beforehand, I just got off work and went straight to Super Target. They were completely out of Coke Zero, even in the back room. It was the weirdest thing. They had all of the regular coke and diet coke fridge packs but there were absolutely zero Coke Zeros!!!

I had 10 codes to put in last night but I couldn't even get past the log in screen without getting errors.

Well, I got in the only four 10pts ones I had, but I am really more interested in when they are going to add anything decent to the "rewards..."

[quote name='neocisco']I always choose the most obscure flavor for each code.:twisted: Caffeine-free Vanilla Coke Zero, anyone? How about Diet Orange Fanta?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Link927']Those flavors exist :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

I wish they did - I'd be getting them ;). Or if they do, they certainly don't stock them at places like Target.

Sorry to hear so many people had trouble. It was lightning fast the first night (10 or 11 pm Pacific on the 24th when the first set could go in). Then it was a bit slow when I entered my second set around 2pm Pacific yesterday. It would take 1-3 minutes to confirm each code and one time it timed out on me and logged me out. But I was able to get them all in. I'm glad I didn't wait until right before 9pm (when it looks like you guys had the most trouble).

When I did it yesterday afternoon the front screen continued to show the "loading" wheelie thing where it normally shows you the rewards the entire time I was on. But I was able to use the top portion to see my balance and enter codes regardless.

[quote name='io']I wish they did - I'd be getting them ;). Or if they do, they certainly don't stock them at places like Target.

Sorry to hear so many people had trouble. It was lightning fast the first night (10 or 11 pm Pacific on the 24th when the first set could go in). Then it was a bit slow when I entered my second set around 2pm Pacific yesterday. It would take 1-3 minutes to confirm each code and one time it timed out on me and logged me out. But I was able to get them all in. I'm glad I didn't wait until right before 9pm (when it looks like you guys had the most trouble).

When I did it yesterday afternoon the front screen continued to show the "loading" wheelie thing where it normally shows you the rewards the entire time I was on. But I was able to use the top portion to see my balance and enter codes regardless.[/QUOTE]

Well, diet fanta orange, I could believe even though I've never seen any type of diet fanta before. As for caffeine free Vanilla Coke Zero, quite a mouthful....umm....eh?

I use the Yahoo widget so that I don't even have to go to the website...plus you dont have to click what flavor/type the drink is....

http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/my-coke-rewards-widget

3921704screenshotyz8.png

[quote name='Malik112099']I use the Yahoo widget so that I don't even have to go to the website...plus you dont have to click what flavor/type the drink is....

http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/my-coke-rewards-widget

Well, no one should have been picking flavors yesterday because that is only for the caps and people should have only bothered with 10-pointers then ;). It worked well enough for me. For some reason, I don't trust that widget.

diet fanta orange is fanta zero i believe. i've had it before. comes in 12 packs. maybe it depends on what area you live/if your local distributor produces it.

The widget is great. The question is whether you want more crap on your computer. I don't normally use the site but I was away from home and it was my only option.

[quote name='hopeunknown']diet fanta orange is fanta zero i believe. i've had it before. comes in 12 packs. maybe it depends on what area you live/if your local distributor produces it.[/quote]

I live in MA too, you must be out in the Western Part of the state because in and around the city I never see Fanta Zero, Diet Fanta, or whatever.

I never even see some of the flavored Fanta's here. When I was down in Atlanta for a few months (a few months ago) I saw Fanta flavors I didn't even know existed. Obviously because ATL is where Coke is HQ'd, but I'm in the same state as you and still don't see that stuff.

I finally found some Fanta Apple again the other week. I like it but definitely not for everybody.

GA is finally getting Cheerwine! No more waiting for trips to the Carolinas.

[quote name='neocisco']I finally found some Fanta Apple again the other week. I like it but definitely not for everybody.

GA is finally getting Cheerwine! No more waiting for trips to the Carolinas.[/QUOTE]

Fanta Apple? Man, some flavors out there I really need to try...

I think I'll pass on the Fanta Orange Zero though, never been much of an regular Fanta Orange drinker...

Fanta Apple is pretty amazing. Its sparkling apple soda and tastes great as well. This is just my opinion though. It was $2.50 @ Target and definitely worth the price.

Also have you guys tried mixing Fresca with Crystal Light Raspberry powder mix, it is an amazing combination!

Check this out. I got a 1-time offer after entering my code for a powerade cap. It was for a 25 dollar visa card. But i could not get it to continue. I pressed the "get it" and it did not respond. Eventually i pressed no thanks and lost it. Anyone else experience this?

I was thinking it may becuase i did not have enough points for it.

[quote name='doodle777_98']Check this out. I got a 1-time offer after entering my code for a powerade cap. It was for a 25 dollar visa card. But i could not get it to continue. I pressed the "get it" and it did not respond. Eventually i pressed no thanks and lost it. Anyone else experience this?

I was thinking it may becuase i did not have enough points for it.[/quote]

I got the same offer and it went through. It was 500 points. Finally, MCR does something right.

[quote name='neocisco']I got the same offer and it went through. It was 500 points. Finally, MCR does something right.[/QUOTE]

Ack, why did I enter my codes yesterday, I need to get some more codes soon >_

[quote name='neocisco']I got the same offer and it went through. It was 500 points. Finally, MCR does something right.[/quote]

i didn't get the offer :(

I havent gotten any of the codes on the first post to work... Sorry!- Promation over Code no longer active. Does anyone know of any working codes? Thanks.

[quote name='neocisco']I predict io will try for this on all 3 of his accounts.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Whaa? What is this, I don't even get it. Do I just enter a cap code and this may or may not pop up? I guess I'll try now as I have some caps here.

I'm entirely unclear on what you are getting. Are you buying a $25 Visa gift card and getting 500 points or the other way around? 500 seems like too much for just $25 - I'm used to those 750 point $75 BBV gift card sets ;). So I wouldn't rush out and get as many as I could if it is $25 for 500 points, but I'll try for one I suppose.

Edit - Wonderful, the MCR site just loads to a blank page and says "Done" now. :roll:
Edit #2 - Well, now at least it says it is undergoing maintainance...

[quote name='doodle777_98']I only had like 250 points. So that could be why it didnt work.

Yeah, It pops up after you enter a code.[/QUOTE]

Site is finally back up. I entered a code and got squat... When was the last time someone got this offer?

There's nothing else new (site going down for maintainance gives you that glimmer of hope ;)).

On the SD coke rewards page, numerous people are trying to find that its not working. Ill keep checking and if its working again ill post it here.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']UPDATE AS OF 1220 EST IT IS GOOOOO, go do a sprite cap and rejoice in the giftcard!!!!

Now to convert the gc to amazon ;)[/QUOTE]I'm really glad the OP put "beware" in the thread title, as I wouldn't have opened the thread (until tonight) unless that updated title scared me witless. ;)

But, yeah... I had just under 500 points when I saw this, so I used the Coke widget to enter 3-point codes until I had 499 in the bank, then topped it off on the web site to get over 500. Luckily, that next-to-last code I had in reserve was a Sprite cap, so the bonus offer(s) came up at just the right moment. (There was another bonus offer for a contest of some sort, but I lost that link with some Firefox fumbling of my own.) The 10th code I hadn't entered yet was a Powerade cap, believe it or not, but the deal came up for the Sprite one, and my new virtual gift card seems to be labeled a Sprite reward of some sort.

At any rate, good luck to everyone else going for this! I've got enough access to Blockbuster game rentals already, so the money to use anywhere (at least online without an offline card-request fee) is a nice bonus. Thanks for the heads-up, CAGs!

Ah, so it's a Sprite cap that's needed! I thought someone got one with something called Powerade last night? In any case, Diet Coke caps don't work but I happened to have one Sprite cap. To give a little more detail: when you enter the code the screen that tells you you redeemed it for 3 points will say "You have 1 bonus offer available" (or something to that effect). When you press "Done" it pops up the screen asking if you want to redeem for the $25 Visa card and some Sprite sweepstakes. I was worried about pressing "Done" thinking that would tkae me away from the offer but that's what you need to do.

Now, the reward just gave me a code and a web site. I assume I go there and fill something out and it gets mailed to me? I'll have to do that after lunch.

And Neo - I can't get this on all 3 of my accounts because only 1 is over 500. The other two just got the double-point stuff so they capped at 400 ;).

[quote name='doodle777_98']actually mine was a powerade cap.[/QUOTE]

Weird, as it definitely seems like a "Sprite" promo from the popups. I don't even know what Powerade is, so it is good it includes Sprite too. The vast majority of codes I redeem are for Diet Coke.

OK, filled out all the info and got the $25. I think the "beware" should apply to a few more issues. For one, you have to sign up with yet another web site (besides MCR) using your address/email/phone. Some people may not want to do that. Also, the card is only a "virtual" card - you get nothing in the mail unless you want to pay $3.95 for them to send you one. I guess I can use this online somewhere but believe it or not, I don't actually buy that much online and would prefer a real card ;).

UPDATE!!!!!!!

Just saw on SD that if you sign out and enter another sprite code, you can get another virtual giftcard :) Just did it myself, too bad i only had 1300 points otherwise I would be living large!!!

bread's done
Back