My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

I dont think it is YMMV... because this deal looked pretty legit. They printed me out an official walgreens credit coupon. And it printed automatically, like the computer knew that the deal existed, they didnt do anything fancy

You buy 6 packs, and you pay $20, but with your receipt you get a seperate coupon good for any later purchases, and it is for $10. So, if you have other snacks or items, buy the 12 packs and then use the coupon on the other stuff. Or, you could try to use the coupon on 6 more 12 packs and get ANOTHER $10 coupon... I think I might go try that tomorrow to see if it works.

[quote name='ThEliteOne']I dont think it is YMMV... because this deal looked pretty legit. They printed me out an official walgreens credit coupon. And it printed automatically, like the computer knew that the deal existed, they didnt do anything fancy

You buy 6 packs, and you pay $20, but with your receipt you get a seperate coupon good for any later purchases, and it is for $10. So, if you have other snacks or items, buy the 12 packs and then use the coupon on the other stuff. Or, you could try to use the coupon on 6 more 12 packs and get ANOTHER $10 coupon... I think I might go try that tomorrow to see if it works.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess if the 6 12-packs check out for $20 (which you can see before paying), you're probably good for the $10 in Register Rewards, too. Thanks for the heads-up, EliteOne!

Was down in the US and bought some Coke. I can't use the codes in Canada, so I'll post them here. Post if you use them so others know:

V5BTRTXPR9HH9T
99T60JRPXMW5VJ
TFMX4R056RRBBT

Not sure if the codes have O's or 0's, someone will figure it out

[quote name='neocisco']All of them used by someone without so much as a thank you. What a douche.[/QUOTE]

I didn't take them, but your post deserves a thank you regardless, so thanks.

I hate lurkers, so first person to answer this question correctly gets a cap code. In Final Fantasy VII, what big event transpired at the end of Disc 1?

[quote name='Tsel']I didn't take them, but your post deserves a thank you regardless, so thanks.

I hate lurkers, so first person to answer this question correctly gets a cap code. In Final Fantasy VII, what big event transpired at the end of Disc 1?[/QUOTE]

Oh, man... spoiler to an ancient game that might be on sale on PSN next week! Let's see if I get this spoiler tag right...
Aeris/Aerith dies!

[quote name='dpac']Oh, man... spoiler to an ancient game that might be on sale on PSN next week! Let's see if I get this spoiler tag right...
Aeris/Aerith dies!
[/QUOTE]

Winner!

[quote name='dpac']Oh, man... spoiler to an ancient game that might be on sale on PSN next week! Let's see if I get this spoiler tag right...
Aeris/Aerith dies!
[/QUOTE]

Another acceptable answer: The only moment in any game that made me cry.

[quote name='DarkZion']Does anyone else feel like the first post of this thread needs to be updated pretty badly? Everytime I see it, it just seems so outdated and useless.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, agreed. :)

[quote name='batman1939']I could have sworn it was the freeway chase[/QUOTE]

I thought the big event was the end of disc 2, but I must be remembering wrong.

Since someone took the last codes I posted without so much as a thanks, I have 2 more codes to give out to anyone that can answer the following 2 questions via PM. One code per correct answer, one guess per question.

1. I'm playing a recently released PS3 game based on a game originally released almost 20 years ago. The name of the game is the same, but the genre has changed. What game is it? (Hint: the company that made the original is long gone, but its famous founder is still designing games)
2. Who won the Stanley Cup the year the original was released?

EDIT:
Both gone thanks to Tsel and SnQQpDon69er. The answers were Syndicate and the Montreal Canadiens (1993).

Last edited by a moderator:
CVS has a follow up promotion this week that's slightly weaker, but still pretty good. It's another spend $15 get $5 extra bucks, however the extra bucks promotional code is the same as last week's and says limit 1 per customer so I'm not positive if they reset weekly and another will print. Anyway, here's the offers.

Coke 12 packs 3 for $9 (Limit 3) (Same price, just limited to 3)
Coke 2 Liters 4/$5 (.26 more a pop)
Powerade 5/$5 (same)

Anyway, for max points, if you buy 3 12 packs and 6 powerades, you'll get 48 points. For the max/soda coke balance, 3x 12 packs, 5 two liters will run $15.25 with 45 points.

Definitely a good deal if you have the $5 left over from last week to knock all of that down to $10.xx and a great one if another $5 extra bucks does print out this week.

Looks like Walgreen's has a decent deal on Coke as well this week.

They have Coke 12 packs on sale 3/$9. You also get $5 Extra Bucks if you spend $15 on Hersey's Reese's, Coca Cola, or Kraft products. It also says limit 3 on the Coke deal.

You could get 6/$18 -$5 Extra Bucks makes it roughly $2.17 per 12 pack or you could mix and match some of their other products to get to the $15 (2 liters 4/$5, PowerAide 5/$5)

[quote name='pyoobez']CVS has a follow up promotion this week that's slightly weaker, but still pretty good. It's another spend $15 get $5 extra bucks, however the extra bucks promotional code is the same as last week's and says limit 1 per customer so I'm not positive if they reset weekly and another will print. Anyway, here's the offers.

Coke 12 packs 3 for $9 (Limit 3) (Same price, just limited to 3)
Coke 2 Liters 4/$5 (.26 more a pop)
Powerade 5/$5 (same)

Anyway, for max points, if you buy 3 12 packs and 6 powerades, you'll get 48 points. For the max/soda coke balance, 3x 12 packs, 5 two liters will run $15.25 with 45 points.

Definitely a good deal if you have the $5 left over from last week to knock all of that down to $10.xx and a great one if another $5 extra bucks does print out this week.[/QUOTE]

It looks like the changed it, because last week was a limit of 2 deals per customer. It may have said one per customer, but I got $5 extrabucks coupons on two different trips. Maybe people stacking prompted them to change. I went in yesterday to get one last run of 5 packs and I didn't get an extrabucks coupon. Receipt said something about "$30 spent, limit reached" on it. But 5 packs packs for $7 was a nice way to end it.

I would hope they reset weekly, but then again, I am stocked up on coke for the rest of the summer, so I have no further need for more. :lol:

[quote name='sp00ge']It looks like the changed it, because last week was a limit of 2 deals per customer. It may have said one per customer, but I got $5 extrabucks coupons on two different trips. Maybe people stacking prompted them to change. I went in yesterday to get one last run of 5 packs and I didn't get an extrabucks coupon. Receipt said something about "$30 spent, limit reached" on it. But 5 packs packs for $7 was a nice way to end it.

I would hope they reset weekly, but then again, I am stocked up on coke for the rest of the summer, so I have no further need for more. :lol:[/QUOTE]

If you can find a nice cashier, you can get extra CVS cards and they might also do an override to apply the other xtra bucks to the new account (mine suggested this to me and even gave me the cards). I'm sitting on a mountain of cheap coke zero thanks to the guy.

there hasn't been any good rewards i've been wanting to get ever sense they had the live nation 10 dollar thing for 40 points that one Wednesday.
i've just been saving up points at this point (no pun intended)

[quote name='Chemicalgamer01']there hasn't been any good rewards i've been wanting to get ever sense they had the live nation 10 dollar thing for 40 points that one Wednesday.
i've just been saving up points at this point (no pun intended)[/QUOTE]

I think they realized they gave out close to 2k points free through arctic home and are now offering crap and crap deals of the week to get people to spend all the points.

[quote name='pyoobez']I think they realized they gave out close to 2k points free through arctic home and are now offering crap and crap deals of the week to get people to spend all the points.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me though outside of the Best Buy thing I cannot personally recall any good deals period. Sure there were others before it but meh have 2468 points saved up for whenever they get something decent and will keep adding till than.

They've had a few nice game deals. My son is playing the crap out of that NBA 2K11 I picked up last year. He really wants 2K12 now, though, and I'm holding off hoping it will be a deal of the week. I'm certainly not spending $40+ on it.

I forget exactly when that was available - was it still during the season last year, or just after? In any case, we only opened it a few weeks ago when my son (who is 9) all of a sudden got interested in the NBA.

[quote name='canvasch']lol.. i must be the only CAGer who wastes all of his points on sweepstakes and never wins![/QUOTE]

I was *wondering* if there were people that did this! I have to admit that I've been tempted a time or two, but every time I get tempted to throw some points down, I realize that:

A. I have *zero* knowledge of how many entries they've received, ergo, no idea what the odds are to win, and

B. I have *zero* desire to throw my points down an unforgiving toilet. I could literally spend 1000 points on a single sweepstakes, not win, and be *really* pissed off at myself at that point.

I do, however, enter the Instant Wins almost every day, using the five free daily AMOE tries they give you. I won $100 in the Christmas IW they had going on, and about a month ago, I won a $25 Best Buy gift card in the football IW they had going on. And yes: those are the first two wins of *any kind* I've had on the MCR site.

[quote name='slowdive21']They had BB giftcards for some ridiculous amount of points, but they are sold out already. I think it was 1,500 for a $25 GC or something.[/QUOTE]

1000 for a $50 gc. I snagged one and picked up Saints Row The Third for $40 and on Black Friday, snagged the 3-month Live card for $8 and a copy of Doom on DVD from the 99 cent sale.

Like two years ago they put the $50 nike card down to 1000 as well (they also had it this year, but the BB was obv. better). Still hoping the Nike gets discounted again. That year I got a free pair of clearance kicks and my nephews a LeBron James basketball. The shoes are black on black and despite looking sort of cheap, have held up really well for me.

[quote name='pyoobez']1000 for a $50 gc. I snagged one and picked up Saints Row The Third for $40 and on Black Friday, snagged the 3-month Live card for $8 and a copy of Doom on DVD from the 99 cent sale.

Like two years ago they put the $50 nike card down to 1000 as well (they also had it this year, but the BB was obv. better). Still hoping the Nike gets discounted again. That year I got a free pair of clearance kicks and my nephews a LeBron James basketball. The shoes are black on black and despite looking sort of cheap, have held up really well for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking like yesterday, not the ridiculously low 1000 points $50 cards.

[quote name='boagman']Today's deal (IMHO) sucks: 1 year subscription to Car & Driver magazine for 100 points.

Don't everybody jump at once.[/QUOTE]

And with that the couches emptied for but a moment before the sound of snoring was heard across the land.

Heads up. The SWA promotion is back to get 60 free points.

Head to the Offers & Promotions tab and in the middle column it should say "SWA Get 60 MCR points"

It reset so even if you got 60 points before when it was up, you can grab another. Just check your email afterwards for the code.

Wed deal is up:

$10 Omaha Steak credit for 100 points.

Passed on this deal. I rather they put up Entertainmet Weekly as a deal. My sub is almost up.

[quote name='parker99']Wed deal is up:

$10 Omaha Steak credit for 100 points.

Passed on this deal. I rather they put up Entertainmet Weekly as a deal. My sub is almost up.[/QUOTE]

That would be a decent deal if you could use more then one at a time.

Looks like a reasonably priced $10 Subway card showed up in the last day or so, but it's out of stock. I hate when they do insanely limited quantities of decent stuff.

[quote name='pyoobez']Looks like a reasonably priced $10 Subway card showed up in the last day or so, but it's out of stock. I hate when they do insanely limited quantities of decent stuff.[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOO!!! Man, I would've loved to get some of those. Although they are a bit overpriced...

[quote name='Devil May Cry']NOOOOOOO!!! Man, I would've loved to get some of those. Although they are a bit overpriced...[/QUOTE]

Seems like it's back.

[quote name='boagman']Hmm. That's...odd. Now it's out of stock for me, too. Wasn't just before I posted last.[/QUOTE]

Just checked and I wasn't signed in and it said "Limited Time" when I signed in... Out of Stock. Eh, I'd be more upset if it weren't for the fact I still have a $25 subway card sitting around from the pre-Uncharted 3 Subway/PS3 promotion.

[quote name='pyoobez']Just checked and I wasn't signed in and it said "Limited Time" when I signed in... Out of Stock. Eh, I'd be more upset if it weren't for the fact I still have a $25 subway card sitting around from the pre-Uncharted 3 Subway/PS3 promotion.[/QUOTE]

That may be exactly what happened to me. Sorry for any confusion.

But yeah: 700 points for a $10 card? Sheesh. Don't be afraid to overcharge for it or anything!!!

if it helps in anyway. the site Recyclebank has a code for 250 mycokerewardspoints you can earn on there site. it costs 1000 Recyclebank points for the 250 MCR points code.

bread's done
Back