Name ONE science fiction movie you love:

coltyhuxx

CAGiversary!
Trying to get some ideas for my Netflix. Like to see what you guys like.

I'll start with, possibly, my favorite movie of all time.

Aliens

Let's build a fire.. sing a couple of songs.

[quote name='gregthomas77']Blade Runner[/QUOTE]
That would be my second choice.

Well played.

its a toss between aliens, event horizon and dark city. both are films that i can watch over and over. hell id add johnny mnemonic( yes i know its mispelled) to that too. its hard to choose just one so those 4 are tops in my book.

[quote name='lokizz']its a toss between aliens, event horizon and dark city. both are films that i can watch over and over. hell id add johnny mnemonic( yes i know its mispelled) to that too. its hard to choose just one so those 4 are tops in my book.[/quote]

Event Horizon scared the shit out of me. I first watched it when I was 10. That was an effing bad idea lol. Fantastic movie though.

STAR WARS! Each and everyone of them. They are THE BEST movies of all time.

Other then that the movie STALKER is really good, it is really slow but a great movie.

EDIT: I almost forgot about Donnie Darko which is the best psychological thriller I have ever seen.

Shit, Aliens and Serenity are already mentioned? Damn.

I suppose in the 'so bad it's good' catagory, Starship Troopers. :D

oh yeah another great sci fi film is The Black Hole. its an old disney movie that blew me away as a kid and is a rare find anywhere ive been wanting to find it on dvd if possible. and of course flash gordon one of the alltime best sci fi films ever.

[quote name='Magehart']Event Horizon scared the shit out of me. I first watched it when I was 10. That was an effing bad idea lol. Fantastic movie though.[/quote]

you really want to be disturbed you know the scene where they finally get the message video unscrambled and watch it? when they start the video clip pause it and go through it frame by freame. theres some of the sickest shit ive ever seen in the film n that little thing that will fuck you up for a while. im still amazed that they got away with having that in the film.

I'm going to second Serenity, though it would be best if you netflix Firefly first OP (it only lasted half a season, and the DVD is only 4 disks) since Serenity is the conclusion to the TV show. It does stand on its own, but it's far better if you've seen Firefly first.

[quote name='lokizz']you really want to be disturbed you know the scene where they finally get the message video unscrambled and watch it? when they start the video clip pause it and go through it frame by freame. theres some of the sickest shit ive ever seen in the film n that little thing that will fuck you up for a while. im still amazed that they got away with having that in the film.[/quote]

I will be sure to check it out, or better yet hopefully find the stills on the web.

I'll go with the road less travelled and say Enemy Mine.

If not that, Starship Troopers, too.

Fifth Element is the first to come to mind cause i watched it yesterday. I think its a great movie. No idea why it didnt do good here. But hey i was like 7 when it came out. I guess since its alreay taken then ill go with maybe something alittle more recent like oh maybe........... An Inconvenient Truth.

[quote name='Skexis']I'll go with the road less travelled and say Enemy Mine.

If not that, Starship Troopers, too.[/quote]

enemy mine was a cool film but when i grew older i finally caught onto the kinda gay thing going on with him and the alien. pretty disturbing.

... Retard, the aliens were asexual. :lol:

[quote name='lokizz']enemy mine was a cool film but when i grew older i finally caught onto the kinda gay thing going on with him and the alien. pretty disturbing.[/quote]

2001: A Space Odyssey, Tron, Forbidden Planet, The Black Hole were all mentioned, huh?

How about Capricorn One, The Andromeda Strain, Star Trek 2 & 6... it's hard to pick just one. I'll say one that no one will even know...
The Final Countdown.

Most of my first choice movies were already mentioned (Alien, Blade Runner, 12 Monkeys, the Hidden, Serenity)...so I'm going with an oddball pick:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

bread's done
Back