New DS w/Mario 64 still only $129.99 at Wal-Mart

PawnTakesKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
On Wal-Mart.com, and at most of the B&M stores, the DS bundled with Super Mario 64 has been dropped to $129.99. Great deal for the system and a fairly decent game, so check your local Wal-Mart and see if they have any bundles left.

The deal is on and off at Wal-Mart's website, so check back often if it appears to be out of stock.

DS + Mario $130

Dang it, they're out of stock again. I'm probably going to go to the B&M tomorrow and see if they have any. If not, I'll just have to hope that they get back in stock on the website.

[quote name='banpeikun']Just wanted to let everyone know what I did with my Wal-mart DS bundle:

I ordered Nintendo DS with BONUS Mario 64 for $129.82 + 7.94 shipping + 11.37 tax.

When you get it, it arrives in two shipments. The DS comes in a shipment whose invoice reads:

subtotal: 129.81, shipping fee: 595, tax amount: 11.21, total: 146.98

the mario 64 game says:

subtotal: 0.01, shipping 1.98, tax 0.16, total 2.15

then i took the DS to my local walmart and returned it for 140.52 refund to my credit card.

so I paid 149.13 and got refunded 140.52 so I got Mario 64 for 8.61. Then I took mario and exchanged it for Meteos.

So bottom line was Meteos (or any $29.99 game) for 8.61. Not bad. If anyone didn't order a DS yet they can do the same.[/QUOTE]

that sounds like a lot of work; and while it isn't illegal, it sounds kind of shady too.

[quote name='banpeikun']Just wanted to let everyone know what I did with my Wal-mart DS bundle:

I ordered Nintendo DS with BONUS Mario 64 for $129.82 + 7.94 shipping + 11.37 tax.

When you get it, it arrives in two shipments. The DS comes in a shipment whose invoice reads:

subtotal: 129.81, shipping fee: 595, tax amount: 11.21, total: 146.98

the mario 64 game says:

subtotal: 0.01, shipping 1.98, tax 0.16, total 2.15

then i took the DS to my local walmart and returned it for 140.52 refund to my credit card.

so I paid 149.13 and got refunded 140.52 so I got Mario 64 for 8.61. Then I took mario and exchanged it for Meteos.

So bottom line was Meteos (or any $29.99 game) for 8.61. Not bad. If anyone didn't order a DS yet they can do the same.[/QUOTE]
Not illegal, just immoral to some folks to be contemplating. And it might or might not work, depending on the Wal-Mart taking the item back.

Some CAGs would want the DS + SM64DS, so if you're going to be a jackass (IMHO) and try to pull this off, don't do it and leave it for one of us who actually wants a DS + SM64DS for $129.95 + tax + shipping.

[quote name='triforcer']back in stock! so tempted to buy it...[/QUOTE]

Is this B&M too? I'd be very tempted if this was the case...

[quote name='javeryh']Is this B&M too? I'd be very tempted if this was the case...[/QUOTE]

It's B&M with the electric blue only. If you want titanium, you'll have to go the online route.

[quote name='Maverick CRV']It's B&M with the electric blue only. If you want titanium, you'll have to go the online route.[/QUOTE]It's probably pretty difficult to impossible to find the bundled DS at B&M stores now. Even if you could, the online is probably still a better deal since you get the game separate from the DS (with case).

were they ever bundled together? Because I may get a ds monday from Gamestop and I wanted to check if they had any left over if they were bundled.

Yeah, the blue one was bundled with Mario this summer. You probably won't find it though. The only reports of finding the bundle after the price drop were at wal-mart.

[quote name='banpeikun']Yeah, the blue one was bundled with Mario this summer. You probably won't find it though. The only reports of finding the bundle after the price drop were at wal-mart.[/QUOTE]
ok, thanks. I live in a small podunk town so maybe if I am luckily my gamestop may still have one stashed away.

...well the deal is over at Wal-Mart's website. The link no longer works, period. It seems kind of strange, because they were in stock yesterday. Oh well.

Yeah, I was surprised as well. I didn't even know the bundle was still available until I saw this thread a few weeks ago. I called a few local Walmarts and managed to find one with it in stock. Well worth it. Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back