New Goozex Thread v2.5 -- Promo Details Given Here

I have some games I've been waiting for for over 2 weeks now. Is it ok to declare them as not arrived. I've never had games take this long and I'd like to get a few more free trades in with all these points I have.

[quote name='Goozex']
graywolf -- those are very very legit accounts ;)
Basically, the founders had to setup multiple accounts for testing purposes...

On a side note, today the Goozex team spent the day on the University of Maryland campus. We were looking for some comp sci interns when we saw the news about VA Tech. I personally have friends who are alumns of that school and hopefully nobody here on CAG was personally affected by what happened today.[/QUOTE]

ahh okay, I had a feeling since they both had registered back in july and were located in somewhat near the goozex address

well let them know I'll be mailing out their games tomorrow most likely though I think I'll ship them together :p

thankfully all my friends at VT are okay, still somewhat in shock about it all though

Too bad you guys removed the queue feature.. I hope you add it back soon.. I've requested Crackdown a while back and it seems lie I've been waiting forever to be matched for it. :p

I have kingdom hearts II up and no one seems to want it or want to match up for it. I am not sure but I would like to trade it to get points thanks

[quote name='extremegamer2']I have kingdom hearts II up and no one seems to want it or want to match up for it. I am not sure but I would like to trade it to get points thanks[/quote]

Quite a number of people have Kingdom Hearts II up on their requests... however there is the possibility that other people than yourself have the game up for offer, and there is always the chance that the people who want the game will end up getting matched with someone else who offers the game rather than yourself; also, while people may have requested the game, a number of them may not have enough points to purchase it... taking all this into account, it might take time for you to get matched up with someone for trade... also, you have to give the system time to match up requests with offers.... how long have you had it up?

[quote name='GrayWolf323']hey gooze, I just accepted two matches one for Halo 2 and one for Psychonauts

the traders were Blackcoyote and Akdar

but the shipping address for both is

Akdar's is
name: R. Nebesky
Silver Spring, MD

Blackcoyote's is
name: M. Nebesky
Silver Spring, MD

I mean they both have really good feedback but it just seems weird that someone would have two accounts is all so thought I should point it out since the Terms of Use did state "Users may register only one User ID per household."

edited out the street address[/QUOTE]

There shouldnt be a problem. Funny enough, my first two cds were requests were from that same address. I was worried like you, but I decided to send the games out because they were old and figured it wasnt a big deal if the person was shady. Turned out, I got positive feedback and tips for each cd, so I would happily send to that address again.

Sorry about the kinda repost. I posted my response when I saw GrayWolf323's question on page 7, but without having looked at page 8.

To the Goozex Guy: What's with the late shipping?. All my games are coming to me real late, if at all, and its weird because the Senders all have excellent feedback.

[quote name='AnotherStereotype']Quite a number of people have Kingdom Hearts II up on their requests... however there is the possibility that other people than yourself have the game up for offer, and there is always the chance that the people who want the game will end up getting matched with someone else who offers the game rather than yourself; also, while people may have requested the game, a number of them may not have enough points to purchase it... taking all this into account, it might take time for you to get matched up with someone for trade... also, you have to give the system time to match up requests with offers.... how long have you had it up?[/quote]

well I have had the game up for about 2 weeks

[quote name='Sinistar']Too bad you guys removed the queue feature.. I hope you add it back soon.. I've requested Crackdown a while back and it seems lie I've been waiting forever to be matched for it. :p[/quote]

It's most likely that people are holding on to their copies of Crackdown for the Halo 3 beta that's coming out next month....

[quote name='GrayWolf323']hey gooze, I just accepted two matches one for Halo 2 and one for Psychonauts

the traders were Blackcoyote and Akdar

but the shipping address for both is

Akdar's is
name: R. Nebesky
Silver Spring, MD

Blackcoyote's is
name: M. Nebesky
Silver Spring, MD

I mean they both have really good feedback but it just seems weird that someone would have two accounts is all so thought I should point it out since the Terms of Use did state "Users may register only one User ID per household."

edited out the street address[/QUOTE]
You do know that they work for and are founders of Goozex right? M. Nebesky is the one that answers all the questions here in the forums.

[quote name='magiic']I have some games I've been waiting for for over 2 weeks now. Is it ok to declare them as not arrived. I've never had games take this long and I'd like to get a few more free trades in with all these points I have.[/QUOTE]
It didnt happen on Goozex but through GameTZ. I had a game ship out second week of March before I left on my cruise at the end of March, hoping it would arrive before it came. it didnt. That right there was 2 weeks. 3rd week, I was away on cruise and when I got back home, game was there. So it took 2-3 weeks to get my game even though it was shipped normal.

[quote name='iazybandit']You do know that they work for and are founders of Goozex right? M. Nebesky is the one that answers all the questions here in the forums.[/QUOTE]

That is funny. Obviously, this other guy thinks that the Nebesky's are possible scammers. Rest assured, your transactions are valid and they are as honest as they come.

When you go to leave feedback if you really thought the trade was fantastic you can click a box that sends the sender a 50 point tip. It is by no means customary or expected, but some times a user will go above and beyond on a trade and it's nice to let them know they are appreciated.

[quote name='extremegamer2']I have kingdom hearts II up and no one seems to want it or want to match up for it. I am not sure but I would like to trade it to get points thanks[/quote]
I think KH2 had a high request rate and low availiablity rate BEFORE it went GH - now that it's gone GH, it seems availiablity of the game multiplied since it is a game that can be had for $15 after Best Buy's gamer gift card. The $20 price (before GGC) is a universal price drop - not a YMMV clearance like the games from last December's Toys R Us clearance (Atelier Iris 2, Metal Saga, etc.)

So a savvy trader can get the game new and GH for about $15 and trade it for 650 points (at $5 for 100 pts, that's $32.50 equivalent). I know the points for it dropped from 750 to 650 since either demand dwindled and/or supply increased.

You might be in that line for a while to make a match...I can imagine people putting the game on hold until it reaches the 300-350 pt mark now.

And about tips...when the feature was first implemented, it seemed I was receiving and sending tips left-and-right. Now a tip is rare for me to receive, even though I continue to send games sealed, packed safely and keep in communication with the users.

In general I only send tips if it's an extraordinary trade. They send some extra promo materials or something like that. I ship fast and securely, and let the end user know what's going on, but I don't expect a tip for doing what I 'm supposed to do. I hope others don't either. No doubt there are users that are more liberal with their tipping than I am and more conservative as well.

From what I understand if you get matched for a game and the seller does not respond in time you are put back in front of the queue line for that game. What about the seller that timed out and didn't respond at all? is he put back in queue to be the next seller?

How long does it usually take for someone to give Feedback? This was my first two trades, both had tracking and one arrived yesterday, and the other this morning. I am wondering what is the average amount of time?

[quote name='xtchuh']How long does it usually take for someone to give Feedback? This was my first two trades, both had tracking and one arrived yesterday, and the other this morning. I am wondering what is the average amount of time?[/QUOTE]

I personally wait 3 days after it's arrived and then I send them a nice email saying that DC# shows it arrived, if they have not actually received the game to please contanct the post office and if they have, to please leave feedback. Nothing irks me more than when I get a game, check my email that night when I get back from work and have a message from the sender asking why I haven't left feedback yet.

As soon as Delivery Confirmation shows the package as delivered, i rocket off an email stating that the DC has shown delivery, please confirm that it has been delivered [cuz if it hasn't, then something went wrong ie mailfraud and i can act upon it]. i never mention anything about feedbacks.

[quote name='forgrim']As soon as Delivery Confirmation shows the package as delivered, i rocket off an email stating that the DC has shown delivery, please confirm that it has been delivered [cuz if it hasn't, then something went wrong ie mailfraud and i can act upon it]. i never mention anything about feedbacks.[/QUOTE]

To me, that is very annoying. A person has a life outside of Goozex and even after receiving a game may not sit down to leave feedback fro 24 hours. If a person sends me an email like that right away, which they have, I will mention it in my feedback or perhaps even wait an extra day to leave something.

I have a question. I was recently matched up for Meteos, but it timed out and the person didn't send. I look today and see Meteos in the recently traded list - why would someone have appeared before me in the queue? I have points and trades to cover it.

Speaking of scammers, Ive noticed some pop on on the site recently. I sent a game to GChiri, how was banned over on GameTZ, and also our good friend who some of you may remember, ILoveMyApplesDuh :whistle2:D Funny stuff

Dave

well, to be honest, the whole email about confirming the delivery is basically to save my own ass if it hasn't been delivered to the proper person. i've had a package confirmed as delivery, but an email 2 days later stating they never received the package, so i do this follow up for every trade.

Well, I thought I would try to help out the Canadian users (an of course myself) and open myself up to trades and requests to our neighbors to the north. After receiving a negative feedback for a game I sent to Ontario, I guess it is time to change back and only accept games from the states. Maybe a warning to save a few other people some headaches.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Well, I thought I would try to help out the Canadian users (an of course myself) and open myself up to trades and requests to our neighbors to the north. After receiving a negative feedback for a game I sent to Ontario, I guess it is time to change back and only accept games from the states. Maybe a warning to save a few other people some headaches.[/QUOTE]

I've had many more bad trades from US members than from Canadian...however I've only traded with one Canadian member.

[quote name='erock']I've had many more bad trades from US members than from Canadian...however I've only traded with one Canadian member.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's the exception and not the rule, but for a 100 pt game, I'm not going to risk getting bad feedback because the post office screws up.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Well, I thought I would try to help out the Canadian users (an of course myself) and open myself up to trades and requests to our neighbors to the north. After receiving a negative feedback for a game I sent to Ontario, I guess it is time to change back and only accept games from the states. Maybe a warning to save a few other people some headaches.[/quote]

I sent a game to canada once (ebay) that was held at a post office and the buyer had to pick it up, but I don't think that usually happens. The main problem shipping and receiving from Canada is how long it takes to receive. Remember to send the buyer a pm stating when you shipped the game, and remind them it'll probably take longer than domestic shipping.

[quote name='toldawg128']I sent a game to canada once (ebay) that was held at a post office and the buyer had to pick it up, but I don't think that usually happens. The main problem shipping and receiving from Canada is how long it takes to receive. Remember to send the buyer a pm stating when you shipped the game, and remind them it'll probably take longer than domestic shipping.[/QUOTE]

Well I think the know where it is coming from if they click my user name. I sent him a nice PM explaining everything and just ask that if he does get the game to please email goozex and ask them to reverse the feedback. I'm not too upset that I got a negative, but I'd rather not bother with it any longer.

When I get a request I will see where they are from. If Canada, I will just deny to ship it out. Easy.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I'm sure it's the exception and not the rule, but for a 100 pt game, I'm not going to risk getting bad feedback because the post office screws up.[/quote]

What game was it you sent to Canada?

[quote name='mahzilla']It's most likely that people are holding on to their copies of Crackdown for the Halo 3 beta that's coming out next month....[/quote]

Oh I thought there was a separate code for the Hola beta that came packaaged with Crackdown.. I didn't realise you had to have Crackdown to play the beta. Honestly I dont care. I just want Crackdown.

[quote name='martin8me']Is Priority Mail fast?[/quote]
Priority mail usually arrives in 2-3 days, compared to first class (2-10) and media mail (2-24).

[quote name='G33']Priority mail usually arrives in 2-3 days, compared to first class (2-10) and media mail (2-24).[/quote]

Thanks. I was thinking of shipping through priority mail when i printed my label but 4.05 is expensive compared to 1.50 first class. What do you guys do?

First Class is fine, seriously on average it takes 3 days. Media Mail is like 5 days. No reason to plunk down for Priority. I mean essentially we are all getting next to free gaming. If you want to spend the extra dough thats fine but I'ts been my experience that Priority isn't all that much faster than First Class.

@erock

the Burger King game you sent me still hasnt arrived :(
I marked it as recieved just because I know you are a stand up guy and I wanted to free a trade slot up. Is there something I missed that would slow down mail. I have like 7 games coming from the states that are all approaching the three week mark. I rarely have anything take over 2 weeks at the very most.

[quote name='magiic']Is there something I missed that would slow down mail.[/QUOTE]
Well, today was the income tax deadline, so theoretically there was an above-average amount of mail in the system in the last week or so. But I don't think it would impact things more than a day or so (unless shipped today).

Btw this is all crossborder stuff coming to me as I live in Canada. But I just can't figure out why so many things are taking this much time to get here all from different parts of the country. It's bugging me. Especially because as a result I missed out on the whole freetrade thing because my account has been tied up with most of these since the end of march.

[quote name='martin8me']Thanks. I was thinking of shipping through priority mail when i printed my label but 4.05 is expensive compared to 1.50 first class. What do you guys do?[/QUOTE]

those shipment times are slightly misleading (officially its 2-4 for first class and 2-9 for media mail but honestly its somewhere in between the official and G33's times)

I always ship first class :) it should never take more than a week

I like first class, it is cheap and relatively fast. I have sent items to Canada (ebay) and I never had an item take longer than a week. I don't know what to say magiic.

To Goozex moderator, Thrillville for PSP is not listed on the site. Thank you.

[quote name='magiic']@erock

the Burger King game you sent me still hasnt arrived :(
I marked it as recieved just because I know you are a stand up guy and I wanted to free a trade slot up. Is there something I missed that would slow down mail. I have like 7 games coming from the states that are all approaching the three week mark. I rarely have anything take over 2 weeks at the very most.[/QUOTE]

That's been a while. I thought that made it to you awhile back. Honestly, that is the first time I've ever shipped outside of the US. I took it to the USPS counter to make sure I did everything right. It's strange that you have a number of outstanding packages though.

[quote name='erock']That's been a while. I thought that made it to you awhile back. Honestly, that is the first time I've ever shipped outside of the US. I took it to the USPS counter to make sure I did everything right. It's strange that you have a number of outstanding packages though.[/quote]
Ya it's crazy, Im sure it will get here at some point I figure when I left you feedback I'd see it in a day or two along with a handful of other stuff, but no, nothing. I havent seen any of the mail I expected like a week plus ago. I just can't figure out where all of it is. I have a bunch of people messaging me asking have you gotten it yet. :( Hopefully one of these days everything just pours in.

I swear I must be on a terrorist watch list or something. They're probably all sitting at customs. I had them hold a box of DVD's I bought for TWO MONTHS once. I also had them hold football tickets I sold till a week after the game.

What really irks me about sending to Canada is that I can't get delivery confirmation. That is the number one thing you can do to protect yourself from someone saying they didn't receive a game that actually got there.

bread's done
Back