Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='Crchingtigr']Nice finds darkslime, especially with Mario's time machine,
that's not something you find too often.[/QUOTE]
And that's by no means a bad thing.

Doom (PS1, Compete)
Legend of Zelda, The: Twilight Princess (Wii, No Manual)
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii, No Manual)
Resident Evil 2 (PS1, Complete)
Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Xbox, No Manual)
Viva Pinata (360, I'm Pretty Sure It's Only Missing The Slip Cover)

Xbox 360 HDD (I'm guessing 20 Gigs) - 1

GBA SP Carrying Case with GBA Light & SP AC Adaptor - .50

Super Street Fighter II (Genesis, Boxed) - 1
Pac-Man Handheld - .50

Top Secret Passwords Player's Guide - .50

I don't know what they wanted for PS1 games (I'm guessing a buck each) but last gen games were marked 3 each and current gen 5 each. I didn't think it would work but boldly offered $10 for what I got then asked about the missing manuals. I figured I might get everything for $15ish if they were serious about getting rid of the stuff but the lady said they weren't her's then figured it up and said how about 9? I guess she figured she could come down to 2 each for current gen and a buck for the rest.

After looking around at one sale I noticed the 360 HDD in a plastic tote the lady reached into to get a plastic bag for another buyer asked if it was for sale and took a buck for it. Offered .50 for the GBA stuff and ended up taking it if I got some lemonade for .50 also lol. The next 2 items from the same sale and IAP and the Nintendo book for IAP from the last sale of the day.

Non Find BS -
Got to 23 sales today, got out the door late (about 8:40) but I didn't care about getting right out as I had a small list so I lazied around.

For the typical stuff, only missed some Gameboy stuff from the sale I got the GBA stuff at. For overpriced stuff the last sale I got the book at also had a brick GameBoy but it was marked $30 with 3 games marked $5 each (Tetris, Home Alone & Kirby's Dreamland with manual).

One house when I asked about older video games the lady mentioned an Atari she was going to put out but mentioned that her son told her he would sell it on ebay and didn't want her to put it out at the yardsale, it's not a big deal but as I walked away I can't help but wonder if I could say something to convince someone in a situation like this to maybe sell said games to me but don't know how I could go about doing so without being rude and even if I got them to bring it out it probably wouldn't be something I'd really want to pay decent money for (picturing a woody with some commons of which I need little to nothing for my collection).

One sale I stopped at the guy looked familiar but I couldn't remember where I've seen him before, I asked about video games and he remembered me. Turns out he was the brother of the one guy I cherry picked a few games from about 2 months ago (when I got Mighty Final Fight).

We make this sacrifice of Omni-tom Pennysaver to the Yardsale Gods! Spare us of rain so that our cheapasses may gain. See how the peasants suffer for the lack of bountiful discs and cartridges upon which they would sup digital delights greater than any king would know! Hear my prayer Yard Sale Gods, and give us strength. Maketh us all nimble for the cash-in-face technique. Render our tongues probing of sunbaked minds and let our fingers findeth within ancient cardboard boxes. Opals most-highly sought will come to us, we who make this offering to the Yard Sale Gods!

Inhale deeply of the classified ad incense my brethren, and prepare yourself. The sacred ritual of the alarm clock awaits...

[quote name='slowdive21']I took last weekend and this weekend off for GS , so nothing from me this week.[/QUOTE]

What is GS?

Weird story as part of my saleing today. The AC in one of our cars (Honda Element 06) was running a little weak. So, I thought I would stop by Autozone and get a recharge kit . . . maybe I could save some $. I hit some sales and made my way to the store. Then I found out that Wisconsin bans the sales of these products . . . but not Illinois. So, I had an extra roadtrip (about 30 miles to the border).

I hit some sales in Zion IL . . . how close is that to you slowdive?

Anyway the recharge was easy and (at this point) the AC is working much better. . . . fingers crossed . . .

[quote name='schultzed']What is GS?

I hit some sales in Zion IL . . . how close is that to you slowdive?

Anyway the recharge was easy and (at this point) the AC is working much better. . . . fingers crossed . . .[/QUOTE]

from Garage Sales. Sorry I put for instead of from.

I have never been to Zion, but I know it is North of me...I am closer to Chicago. (I would prefer not to put my exact location on here) :whistle2:$

I will actually be hitting either an auction or a sale tomorrow...Hopefully I will have some results to post.

Congrats sinnbox on usurping the throne! ;)

Elder Scrolls Oblivion (PS3): $7.50
Super Mario Sunshine (GC): $5
$2 each for the following (all PS2): Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Metal Gear Solid II: Sons of Liberty, The Sims, Amplitude, Splinter Cell, and Virtua Fighter 4
A PS3 Guitar Hero guitar: $2

Not too impressive compared to some of the awesome deals elsewhere in this thread (WHY can't I be lucky enough to find all the amazing SNES/N64 games you guys are getting) but I did okay for myself I suppose.

Biggest score for me ever. I pull up to a sale it's around 8:30 they advertised 7. I ask a super nintendo they posted. She said yeh we still have. "How much are you selling it for?". " $2". I said "for everything?". She said yes we just want it gone. fucken egg sure I'll take it. $2 fuckEN dollars for all this. I couldn't believe it. And yes that is a super mario rpg.

score2.jpg

[quote name='TiKi2']Biggest score for me ever. I pull up to a sale it's around 8:30 they advertised 7. I ask a super nintendo they posted. She said yeh we still have. "How much are you selling it for?". " $2". I said "for everything?". She said yes we just want it gone. fucken egg sure I'll take it. $2 fuckEN dollars for all this. I couldn't believe it. And yes that is a super mario rpg.

score2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Not only is that Super Mario RPG, it's one of the two out that whole lot that doesn't have sharpie on it. Awesome score.

Awesome. You should really stop writing "fatty" on all your games though.

All this stuff I got was disc only:
Ape Escape PS1
Crash Bandicoot Warped PS1
Road Rash PS1
Need For Speed 3 PS1
WCW NWO Thunder PS1
Vigilante 8 PS1
Grey PS1 memory card
Megaman action figure
$2.25 total
They wanted $2 for all the Playstation stuff, and I offered 25 cents for the Megaman. Twice at sales they said they'd already sold their stuff earlier, and one person even said I was the second one to ask for video games. I'm going to try to go to a different area next week.

Had to cut my garage sale hunt early because my mom needed the car, so I was only able to pick up a giant Lego City airport set for 10 bucks and a Namco plug and play arcade thing for 2 bucks. There was one garage sale that was fundraising for breast cancer and I bought a pink cupcake from them for a dollar. Cupcakes for breakfast I guess.

One seller had some 360/PS2 games but I wasn't interested, and another was offering a 360 Arcade Spring Bundle for 100 but I already got a 360 last week.

Worst weekend of YSing in a couple years.. Went to about 35 and NOTHING..not one single game related item..Or anything even remotely interesting to buy. Waste of time. Always next weekend I guess.

[quote name='Crchingtigr']Nice finds darkslime, especially with Mario's time machine,
that's not something you find too often.[/QUOTE]

I have actually found that to be a pretty common title in my area. The NES version is quite abit rarer, I have only found 1 copy of that.

[quote name='TiKi2']Biggest score for me ever. I pull up to a sale it's around 8:30 they advertised 7. I ask a super nintendo they posted. She said yeh we still have. "How much are you selling it for?". " $2". I said "for everything?". She said yes we just want it gone. fucken egg sure I'll take it. $2 fuckEN dollars for all this. I couldn't believe it. And yes that is a super mario rpg.

score2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

WOW! who calls themselves Fatty? how self degrading is that? or maybe his parents did it as a form of constructive criticism.

Went for about 2 hours or so and got this stuff:

IMAG1400.jpg

Puzz 3D Empire State Building SEALED $5
Pootie Tang $2.50
Alice in Wonderland $2.50

IMAG1401.jpg

Command & Conquer Generals Deluxe .75
Breath of Fire IV .75
Saga Frontier .75
Persona 3 Soundtrack .75
Print Explosion Deluxe $1

I also got a HP Photosmart a626 literally brand new for $10

[quote name='Sinnbox']WOW! who calls themselves Fatty? how self degrading is that? or maybe his parents did it as a form of constructive criticism.[/QUOTE] It was a woman, so thats even worse.

df6796c0559c4cbb7692502616e72bb2.jpg

NES Action Set $15
Box contains: NES system, RF switch, power brick, x2 controllers, Tengen RBI Baseball cart.
No Zapper but I've got three, and no Mario/Duck Hunt cart but I've got like 600 of those. The box is mint (even has the department store "PAID THANK YOU" sticker on it) and it has the styrofoam inserts.

92c1ed75a7e6af7d9cac519fe67de07f.jpg

:wii: Sonic & The Black Knight
:wii: Sonic & The Secret Rings
:wii: Wario Land Shake It!
$5 each
Picked these out of a decent-size stack. I'm kicking myself for leaving behind Hasbro Family Game Night which would've been a nice flip.

:xbox: Star Wars KOTOR
:ps2: Thrillville: Off the Rails
PS1 - ATV Racers
$4 total

4fd3e3b186c973b357aa9c96f713a24a.jpg

Genesis Plug & Play - $3
The mini system is cute but the controller sucks. Not the worst $3 I spent today (that honor goes to the two McGriddles I got for breakfast. Lesson learned: don't leave the house with an empty stomach.)

[quote name='TiKi2']Biggest score for me ever. [/QUOTE]

Damn, I saw a SNES today (no games) and the woman says its her brother's and he wants $25. I tried to pitch $40 for it and a N64 (which was too high) and she refused.

[quote name='schultzed']Damn, I saw a SNES today (no games) and the woman says its her brother's and he wants $25. I tried to pitch $40 for it and a N64 (which was too high) and she refused.[/QUOTE] I also got an n64 w/21 games today. I think I overpaid because more that half the games are really crappy. I paid $20 . That was the set price , it was the first sale of the day and I didn't have my haggle balls on yet. So I just bought without haggling. Will post a pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
My little raindance must've worked yesterday because I spent about $200 today at yardsales. More details after I recover from heatstroke :lol:

Nothing absolutely amazing today but I was able to get a few things. I was going to buy Prototype for the 360 for $10 but decided not to.
6nxqqa.jpg

The game stuff was all for $7. Heres a list of the games
Pac-Man 2 The New Adventures
Battletoads/Double Dragon
Buster Busts Loose
The Lion King
Mario Paint
Disney's Aladdin
PGA Tour Golf
Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow
Nakitek Game Saver+

The movies were only $2 each so I had to get them.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']My little raindance must've worked yesterday because I spent about $200 today at yardsales. More details after I recover from heatstroke :lol:[/QUOTE] Every saturday I get a dehydration headache, not bad but a tiny one. Hot as hell I say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOPs7ByRNc0

Core damage goes something like this:

62 games
43 cds
gameboy advance sp
+ random etc.

= $200

The Plot:
Started out my route bright and early at 7:15 am by purposely avoiding an advertisement on craigslist for a genesis system + games. It was off the beaten path and I knew I only had about 3.5 hours before I would have some family business to attend to, so I focused entirely on community sales with a few odd stops in-between.

The first house I hit had no games, but did have a large assortment of heavy metal and rock CDs for a whopping asking price of $5 each :dunce: Fortunately they listened to reason when I spoke of the usual market value and began to pick out items in bulk; thus I knocked them down to the $1-1.50 range. Not terribly fantastic for flipping but I figured there was enough AC/DC, Black Sabbath and Ozzy stuff in there to take a shot (plus I've been looking for Bark at the Moon / the album with "Big Balls").

Next stop was a (certain) community sale, which I swear is like an inexhaustible game zone. I assumed that it was finally going to be picked clean, or that durn old man who was supposed to bring out his 200 games for the last three weeks would just flip them out for 50 cents each before I got there and go laughing into the noon sun.

However the old man wasn't there this time, and a new seller was spawned in his place: a seller who had a table full of ps2 and xbox games at a rate of 3 for $5. At this point I was digging (there were two cardboard boxes as well next to the table full of more cheapies) for pure gamestop trade speculation. Probably the best snags out of here were:

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (xbox 360)
Hitman Trilogy (ps2)

Coincidentally, I paid a little more for those. She also had some Nintendo DS and advance games at her table (which I'm not as well versed in) so I picked the sp for $20 to cover a $5 each gamble on Krazy Racers and Scurge Hive for the DS.

The Simpsons: The Complete First Season
Sealab 2021: Season One

Got these two for $4.50, but as you might guess I'm not doing much better than breaking even at this point.

So naturally I get to the last stop of the day, two community sales later. I'm running out of time and I just gave the neighbors 2 bucks for their four ps2 madden games (meaning the cases). Right, so I walk up to the last suburban household (with no game items present, notice a trend?) and ask the guy about games. He said he sold a bunch of n64 stuff earlier and goes in to talk to his brother about it.

So out he walks with a stack of ps2 games, there I notice Ico, Radiata Stories, Kingdom Hearts, a Harvest Moon, some dot Hack related stuff. How much is he looking for them? $5 apiece. Now I'm sitting on a lawn chair, checking to see how much money I have left, and closely examining my quarry for condition.

Then the guy brings out more stuff, a stack of PS1 titles! He goes to put a controller or a cable out on the front table and I tell him to "bring that stuff back here" XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1orm_ihNE

I can't remember what I saw first, but instincts took over as the minutes ticked down. Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Megaman Legends 2, Legend of Legaia, Dragon Warrior 7, Final Fantasy Tactics...Vandal Hearts..and my personal favorite... Intelligent Qube in a CDR jewel case.

To complete the picture, there was a little girl on a plastic trike nearby who was whining / semi-crying about how I was taking all of their "movies", and I'm sure my aura had this spikey hellfire flickering all around it as I separated the "$5 games" into one pile and we both tallied up, you know, the other "stuff". The parents reassured her that they weren't movies and in the meantime I fired an offer of $70-80 dollars off the top of my head; $80 being what the balding gentleman took (perhaps pleased to have his prices respected and not be exposed to a barbaric CIF attack). As a final touch I left my contact information and on the way out he reminded me to take the free ps2 memory card as is customary in these transactions.

Upon closer inspection, I may just have assembled all four dot. hack games in some shape or another for free. I guess it finally paid off--doing that post modern poetry reading in exchange for hack infection.

THANK YOU YARD SALE GODS FOR BLESSING MY CARPET WITH UNWALKABLE LOVELIES.

[quote name='dodgeme']Nothing absolutely amazing today but I was able to get a few things. I was going to buy Prototype for the 360 for $10 but decided not to.

The game stuff was all for $7. Heres a list of the games
Pac-Man 2 The New Adventures
Battletoads/Double Dragon
Buster Busts Loose
The Lion King
Mario Paint
Disney's Aladdin
PGA Tour Golf
Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow
Nakitek Game Saver+

The movies were only $2 each so I had to get them.[/QUOTE]

Good find on the Battletoads/Double Dragon. You might want to look around the boards; I saw a CAG recently who was looking for an NES/SNES game saver.

[quote name='TiKi2']I also got an n64 w/21 games today. I think I overpaid because more that half the games are really crappy. I paid $20 . That was the set price , it was the first sale of the day and I didn't have my haggle balls on yet. So I just bought without haggling. Will post a pic.[/QUOTE]

$20 isn't a bad price, especially if you can ebay some of the games and get a working system for free. The last n64 lot in my area went crazy at goodwill auction; my max bid was something like $50 and it went for $80+ :drool:

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']
Right, so I walk up to the last suburban household (with no game items present, notice a trend?) and ask the guy about games. [/QUOTE]

This really sucks. I was just about to swear off asking about videogames at sales where no games are present. For me, it is too depressing. I don't mind people saying "no, we don't have any." What bugs me is the number of people who explain that they are hanging onto their old games or how they sold them in past years.

Yet, you have to relight my torch with this great story.

PS, I would have pitched $40 . . . I just can't help myself. Maybe I'm creating bad karma, but my instinct is to always offer half of IAP.

Honestly didn't expect anything today. Couldn't travel far because my Droid was going to be delivered before noon, and I didn't want to miss it. So we saw only 4 garage sales early and nearby listed, so we went to those.

First one we go to advertised some old games, so we hit there first. The boyfriend/husband wasn't there, so the girl called him and he said $30 per system (N64+games and Sega CD+games). She showed signs of weakness (talking about wanting them gone), so I offered $50 for everything, including everything else in the box that they were in. I didn't see much in there, just that there's tons of dust and cables, but I wanted to save time today. Ended up with:

Sega CD (the more coveted stacking one), a second Genesis, 2 sets of cables, 3 controllers, and the games shown (highlights being Raiden Trad and MUSHA).
dsc01066resized.jpg

Nintendo 64 (4th one in the house, we really need to get rid of some) with 1 official and 1 Madcat controller, Super Smash Bros, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Gex 64.
Also in the box was an Atari game that connects directly to TV, 7+ power cords (2x GBA/DS, 2xPhone, etc), 2 generic PS2 controllers, a Gamecube controller, and some other random stuff.
dsc01068resized.jpg

Went to another one that was advertising anime and pokemon, found Dungeon Keeper 2 and X-Wing collector's Series (whee!) for $1 total. Also bought at the same place, 2x BlazBlue clearfiles for $1, and a Yen Plus issue in bag.
dsc01069resized.jpg

We stopped by a few around where we were and went home around 9AM to wait for my Droid, which didn't show up till almost 11:30AM. After playing with it a bit, we went out again, cause GF saw a community sale nearby, but it started at 8AM, so once again, I wasn't expecting to find anything at all.

We got there, most people have closed shop and it was really getting hot. Besides for like 10 Charlaine Harris books and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (all of which my GF has been wanting) for $5, and a Vanished! board game for $0.50, we got:

Carcassonne, Warhammer game, and Stronghold collection for $10 total. I tried to used the time and heat to my advantage, of course.
dsc01064resized.jpg

Also found a modded Xbox 360 controller for $5 (top half is blue, bottom half is pink... it's weird looking) and a Pokemon sticker book for $1.
dsc01065resized.jpg

ON TOP OF ALL THE GOOD FINDS, shortly after we went to the community sale and parked and walked away from the first one we visited, I noticed something on the floor far away from anyone. I walked towards it, picked it up, thinking it was a $20 bill. It wasn't.
It was a $50 bill.

Galaxian Table Top Game - .25
Fear Effect (PS1, Complete) - 1
Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing (NES, With SMB/DH Manual) - .50
Ultimate Spider-Man (GBA) - 1

Bomberman Party Edition (PS1, Disc Only)
Driver 2 (PS1, Complete)

All IAP price from different sales with the exception being the last 2 PS1 games which were a buck each, picked out these 2 and offered a buck for both which was taken. Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing was actually kind of buried in a box of CD/VHS etc. and the guy dug it out when I asked about video games.

Playstation With 2 Controllers, Memory Card, Hookups, Spyro Year of The Dragon In The System & 7 NES Games - 5

Playstation was out and marked 5 at a moving sale. Asked about older games and the NES stuff was brought out offered $5 for all which was taken.

NES System With Controller, 5 NES Games, 2 N64 Games, 6 Games From GB To GBA - 12

This was the same house I got Super Street Fighter 2 at on Friday and I came back shortly after they opened up Saturday since I was told that they would put more games out for different systems once they figured out what games nobody in the family would play ever again. I didn't try to do any major haggling since the prices were fair to start with for a yardsale, I picked out some stuff I was interested in from a few different systems and they were 1.50 per a GBA game and anything older then last gen a buck a game. I wasen't sure about the NES system working and 2 of the GameBoy games didn't work right when I tried them out in a GBA SP they were selling to see what the games were like. The lady offered to let me have the NES added in for free with everything else I picked out and I asked about adding in the two games that didn't work also which was agreed on.

Intellivision In Storage Center With 25 Games - 2

As I pulled up to this unadvertised sale I spotted old cart games which I was guessing was Atari and to my surprice it was this still sitting out at about 10:30 marked 2 bucks which ended up being the price for the whole deal.

Non Find BS -
Got out kind of late today but not too bad (8:20) and got to about 49 sales over about 4 1/2 hours, a good number of unadvertised sales today as I had a list of 32 sales.

Didn't really find anything way too expensive today, I think the sale I got Driver 2 & Bomberman at said a buck a game $20 for the system or $30 for all so IIRC on that system price that would be the only video game item I saw today priced too high anywhere let alone a yardsale.

Oddly enough I don't think I saw a single PS2 game today but did have more things mentioned to me that I missed then usual. One sale Friday mentioned some PS1 games a husband was gonna round up for Saturday, they were all gone but I didn't get to this sale til about 11:30 Saturday. Xbox games that I missed at one sale & at another GameCube games. One Sale mentioned a Playstation and Atari that I missed but I can't help but think that it could have been an Atari flashback or something of the likes. The sale I got Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing at I was told that they sold a Nintendo with one of the Mario games and another game and another sale when I asked about old games they already sold a "Nintendo Console" so it sounded like just the system and probably a few games if any. BSing at the house I got the NES deck and some games at I was told that on Friday some lady bought all of the N64 games they had out (they did put a few more out Saturday and I grabbed 2).

The house I got some different games from and the NES system has a boring back story to it. I've seen this lady at 2 different sales at other family members houses around this neighborhood over the last few months and she mentioned her husband having some old games to get rid of and even took my number when I first talked to her. They were having a yardsale from their home this weekend that was unadvertised that I actually stumbled into Friday when a lady overheard me asking about video games at a different yardsale and mentioned a sale on the one main street that had "Sega games" so I backtracked to this sale and the guy figured out I was the video game guy his wife told him about when I asked about older video games.

Seemed like a lot of buyers out today being a nice day, I saw two faces I know as regular sellers at the flea market and another guy I've talked to briefly before that collects old games, I've been to a yardsale at his place before and he mentioned he collects games when I asked about old video games and even before that I've seen him buying video games at the flea market once or twice, I even remember when I got my 2600 Jr at the flea a few years ago he actually had it in his hand and put it down and I snagged it as he moved on.

The house I got the NES games and Playstation at I saw one of the mentioned flea market sellers at, it was the guy that took my number and his wife that recognized me from an auction were I won some 2600 games and pointed me his way to talk to him at the flea one day awhile back. They were buying about $12 worth of stuff and paying at this yardsale when I noticed them I decided it best just to move on instead of asking about video games with them around (also passing at first on the PS1 I had a minor interest in). I went to a sale across the street and when I came back they were gone so I went back and asked about older video games and found it funny that the one house I almost passed on asking (and probably would have just got in my car and moved on if not for another unadvertised sale right across the street) was the one house that went inside and brought something out of about 50 sales I asked about old games at today.

Lastly I could have easily missed the super dirt cheap Intellivision stuff from an unadvertised sale. I stopped by at a sale that I've been to before that I was on the fence about stopping at again and decided to stop at as I was going by since it mentioned being a repeat address but with new stuff and also because I though it might have been a sale I left my number at about a month ago that mentioned having old video games from a deceased family member in storage. It ended up being the same house and I was hoping that they would recognize me and have some sort of good news for me, they recognized me but didn't really say anything about any old video games that they rounded up out of storage. After I left this sale instead of turning around in a drive way and going right back on my way I actually took a right turn going the opposite way I was heading as I couldn't take a left and as I went around the block to get back on track I saw an unadvertisted sale and backtracked another block and found Ultimate Spider-Man (GBA) what was a why the hell not kind of buy then I saw the next block down another unadvertised sale (which I must have went through a time warp to another time when practically no one figured old video games were collectable) seeing it out and marked $2. It is a good chunk of sports games but when I bought it I didn't noticed how many games were under the system and figured it was about a dozen games or a little more. I was looking through the manuals and noticed the Bump 'n' Jump manual but didn't notice the game and figured it's probably just the manual and that the game I was most interested in would be missing but was happy to see I overlooked it

Both Friday and Saturday were good but not great. Here's Friday . . .

I saw this unmarked with a few other Xbox titles:

As I approached the woman said, "that is $4." I said, "I thought it would be more like $1." Then she settled on $2.

I saw this cube at a sale. The games were marked separately. I asked if they'd take $30 for the whole thing. A girl went inside and asked her brother and she said the he said OK. Still I wonder if he knew . . . but he didn't seem to care.

Right as I was paying for it, a woman behind me wanted to buy it--I guess 10 min. later and I wouldn't have seen it at all. It has some nice Zelda decals on it. I didn't notice the bonus GBA player underneath until I got home . . . but no disc for it :whistle2:( I also found a bonus game in it and was excited to see Pokemon until I realized it was Mystery Dungeon Red.

I was only able to get $2 off from IAP on this pair:

$7 for the pair.

When we were discussing good flips a few weeks ago, I should have brought up this one:

As far as I know, no other Tae Bo titles are worth much . . . but this one makes my day.

These little babies were in the "free" box at a sale:

I was happy to liberate them. Would have been happier to pay for them and get a case . . .

[quote name='FOnewearl']
Playstation was out and marked 5 at a moving sale. Asked about older games and the NES stuff was brought out offered $5 for all which was taken.
[/QUOTE]
I'd like to know about this: did you ask "do you have any more video games" or "do you have any older video games"?

Started Yard sailing yesterday to try and find Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 for my cousins B-day. First three stops had nothing good but I picked up a Case closed Manga for 3 bucks. At my last stop I hit the motherload of old games and systems but a no go for the crash games but this yard sailing is fun so I hope to strike gold next week.

Saturday was shorter and less productive overall. I hit a well-to-do subdivision first and saw very little.

These were marked $15 and $10 . . . so I offered $15 for the pair.

The kid was excited but the dad got dickish on me. "Those sell for big bucks on ebay . . . he's probably going to sell them on ebay." I could honestly say that I wasn't going to sell them on ebay. I ended up paying $17. If you are going to put things out in a rummage sale . . . oh, forget it.

This was marked $25 with a bunch of unmarked games in a box. The kid wanted $3 per game.

I ended up paying $32 for this group. Already sold off Mario Sunshine for $20. Enough with the Gamecubes and N64s . . . I want an SNES with some good titles :)

It was getting late (after 10) and I was running low on $ when I saw this:

The woman said $40 or best offer . . . I offered $10 and she took it. I haven't tested it yet but I bet it won't work.

My weirdest buy of the day. At an early sale, run by some very old folks, I spotted this PC but then went onto other sales.

A couple things then crossed my mind . . . it looked about the right age to have XP as an upgrade . . . hmmm. And I could use a super cheap PC as a temporary machine for my inlaws. I went back and looked through the Dell box and sure enough a sellable copy of XP (with Product Key)! This should bring in something like $50.

I offered $15 (without the CRT--I just didn't want to deal with it). The lady accepted $17. I think I can sell the Win 98 too . . . it has a COA and Key. I reinstalled XP and I have a network card to pop in.

What I want to do is leave this machine at their house (they check email, surf a little, and play Scrabble on it) and take their machine with me (which is reallly bogged down with spyware) . . . then I will retool it (system restore . . .) and bring it back in a week or so.

Update: network card in and its connecting great

I see snes every once and a while but the good titles are hard to come by. My recent lot had only 3 good titlesout of 33 . The rest were looney tunes or casino games.

[quote name='schuerm26']Went for about 2 hours or so and got this stuff:

IMAG1400.jpg

Puzz 3D Empire State Building SEALED $5
Pootie Tang $2.50
Alice in Wonderland $2.50
[/QUOTE]

Thanks to your post I saw this today and pick up both for $5. The puzzle is still sealed.

DSCF1768.jpg

[quote name='TiKi2'].

Thanks to your post I saw this today and pick up both for $5. The puzzle is still sealed.

DSCF1768.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I found a Notre Dame Chapel Puzz3D sealed earlier in the year also. It was a different version though. A Lot more pieces. 900+ or so (Wrebbit, not MB).

that is the link. I sold it on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330446861211&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

I also sold the Old Mill at Stoney Creek new last week.

It is AMAZING how easy it is to find Puzz3D unopened. Probably gotten as gifts and people say screw it, Im not doing this.

Just in the past 3 weeks or so at Garage Sales and thrifts I have found about 6 new Puzz 3D's.

[quote name='schuerm26']I found a Notre Dame Chapel Puzz3D sealed earlier in the year also. It was a different version though. A Lot more pieces. 900+ or so (Wrebbit, not MB).

that is the link. I sold it on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330446861211&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

I also sold the Old Mill at Stoney Creek new last week.

It is AMAZING how easy it is to find Puzz3D unopened. Probably gotten as gifts and people say screw it, Im not doing this.

Just in the past 3 weeks or so at Garage Sales and thrifts I have found about 6 new Puzz 3D's.[/QUOTE]

Dude you know I've seen these before but the thought had never crossed my mind about flipping them. I actually saw the empire state puzzle yesterday before I read your post.

Look how much the norte dame 366 piece is listed on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...TF8&qid=1279500183&sr=8-1-fkmr0&condition=new

[quote name='Shazyzang']

I will also take this opportunity to ask: What is the best thing you guys have ever found at a yard sale, game-related or not?[/QUOTE]

Best thing ever was probably a mint condition Dragon Force for the sega saturn for ... 50 cents.

[quote name='Shazyzang']I'd like to know about this: did you ask "do you have any more video games" or "do you have any older video games"?[/QUOTE]

Older games, I usually say "Did you happen to be selling any older Nintendo games or any other older video games today?" The Nintendo part to make it clearer what I'm looking for as some (mostly older) folks may hear "video" and point at a box with VHS tapes.

After I ask and get the typical no at most sales I thank them and have a few different generic lines I say sometimes like one of them is "it never hurts to ask since people may have something older that they wouldn't even think anyone would be interested in and didn't think to bring out" and usually with polite folks they say your right and thank me for asking and/or stopping by.

I'm sure all sorts of folks go around asking for what ever they may be looking for, I was told a few weeks ago at one sale that a guy asked about fishing stuff so that's got to be just as if not more ackward then asking about video games.

Found two Sega Master Systems, an N64, and a GameCube this weekend. Surprisingly, disappointingly slow.

GC was worth it just for the AV cables though.

[quote name='TiKi2']Dude you know I've seen these before but the thought had never crossed my mind about flipping them. I actually saw the empire state puzzle yesterday before I read your post.

Look how much the norte dame 366 piece is listed on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...TF8&qid=1279500183&sr=8-1-fkmr0&condition=new[/QUOTE]

It won't sell for that. I finally put mine up on ebay because it was just sitting. I literally had it in the 30's or 40's on Amazon and it wouldn't sell. Pie in the sky prices for most of them on Amazon. I put it at 29.99 and the 23 or whatever it sold for was a best offer. If you look at my other auctions I have used ones up for sale in bundles. The Space Shuttle bundle should go for a decent amount. We shall see. I bundled it with a used Notre Dame cathedral puzz 3d.

I forgot about this one I found last week. We shall see how it goes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330451369206&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Pirates of the Carribean Puzz3d

Here are the used lots I have

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330452306190&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330452305912&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

also Puzz3D on CD!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330452306421&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

apparently the Orient Express one is rare or something

[quote name='FOnewearl']Older games, I usually say "Did you happen to be selling any older Nintendo games or any other older video games today?" The Nintendo part to make it clearer what I'm looking for as some (mostly older) folks may here "video" and point at a box with VHS tapes.

After I ask and get the typical no at most sales I thank them and have a few different generic lines I say sometimes like one of them is "it never hurts to ask since people may have something older that they wouldn't even think anyone would be interested in and didn't think to bring out" and usually with polite folks they say your right and thank me for asking and/or stopping by.

I'm sure all sorts of folks go around asking for what ever they may be looking for, I was told a few weeks ago at one sale that a guy asked about fishing stuff so that's got to be just as if not more ackward then asking about video games.[/QUOTE]
Okay. I always just ask something like "do you have any video games?" because I'm looking for anything. Sometimes they ask me what kind, and I reply anything, but that makes it seem like they have something good but they're holding out on me. Do you think specifying older games is more effective?

[quote name='FOnewearl']Older games, I usually say "Did you happen to be selling any older Nintendo games or any other older video games today?" The Nintendo part to make it clearer what I'm looking for as some (mostly older) folks may here "video" and point at a box with VHS tapes.
[/QUOTE]

About 90% of the time, I would get VHS tapes as the answer when I say "video games", so I feel your pain.

[quote name='Shazyzang']Okay. I always just ask something like "do you have any video games?" because I'm looking for anything. Sometimes they ask me what kind, and I reply anything, but that makes it seem like they have something good but they're holding out on me. Do you think specifying older games is more effective?[/QUOTE]

I say "Do you have any old game systems like nintendo or atari?"

I usually follow with "I prefer the old ones, since they are simpler to play".

That line has gotten me several old game systems either pulled out from storage or at a significantly lower price. My turbografix16 comes to mind.
It is a great ice breaker.

I usually say "game systems", because they usually will want significantly more for the console than the games. Once I see what is for sale, I determine if it is worth picking up everything and make an offer. If they decline or want a lot for the console itself, then I say "I already have the system, would it be OK for me to buy some of the games?"

I have another approach as well. If they have newer systems like xbox, GC, PS2 I ask do you have any older systems? Usually they will say something like "Yeah but I am keeping it." or "Those older ones are worth money!"

I then counter with either the line above or I say "I usually am interested in the ones that gamestop does not take anymore like nintendo, dreamcast, etc." Usually if you have a person who has their stuff way overpriced and you bring up that the local chain does not carry them anymore, they will be a lot more willing to negotiate. ;)

bread's done
Back