Official (2015-2016) College Football Thread OSU#1

[quote name='chuckie88']All of the complaints in the thread have focused on the misconception that the lower performing half of the conference is somehow still better than the whole of other conferences. Any true fan of the game can see that the best teams in the SEC are outstanding, the posts here just reflect the idea that the rest of the conference isn't.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Having 2-3 powerhouses doesn't make the bottom feeders better. If USC and Oregon went back and forth winning national titles for 6 straight years, that wouldn't make Colorado a better team. However, that's the mentality that seems to have developed in regards to the SEC and its run of national titles.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']
Now we look at the Oregon-LSU game from last season, which Oregon lost 40-27. Oregon actually held LSU to under 300 yards, the 40 points coming on turnovers. Oregon had a freshman center playing his first game against LSU's defensive line, and a freshman in De'Anthony Thomas who was responsible for two of the turnovers. However, Oregon posted the most points of anyone against LSU last season, and the second most yards behind West Virginia. Again, it was the second closest margin for LSU last season, the only one closer being a three point victory against Alabama in Tuscaloosa."

http://www.addictedtoquack.com/2012/10/10/3484100/can-the-oregon-ducks-hang-with-the-sec[/QUOTE]
You have to remember LSU suspended their starting QB + 3 other players and their top WR didn't make grades. With that said, they still did what they did. It could have been worse.

As for Auburn that year, they played in shootouts all season; most games only winning by a field goal. Defenses scorched them all year yet they looked to have one in the Oregon game. Oregon had this quote on quote high powered offense yet other teams with no offenses posted more points i.e. Kentucky, Ark St, etc.

[quote name='lordopus99']You have to remember LSU suspended their starting QB + 3 other players and their top WR didn't make grades. With that said, they still did what they did. It could have been worse.

As for Auburn that year, they played in shootouts all season; most games only winning by a field goal. Defenses scorched them all year yet they looked to have one in the Oregon game. Oregon had this quote on quote high powered offense yet other teams with no offenses posted more points i.e. Kentucky, Ark St, etc.[/QUOTE]

LSU hasn't had a real starting QB since JaMarcus Russell. And yes, I remember being excited over what's his face playing QB, but losing a QB for LSU is like losing the water boy.

What you said about Oregon can be said exactly about Auburn as well, the point is moot. Two high powered offenses played each other but it turns out that the defenses are what showed up.

I'm sick of people saying Auburn killed Oregon, they didn't. It took a circus play to set up a GW FG, let alone having to face a player who probably had the greatest season of college football ever.

Not making excuses, but people seem to have this weird notion that we got dominated, we didn't. I'm looking forward to the playoff system where hopefully the top Pac-12 teams have the opportunity to take on the top SEC teams.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']It's a shame K-State backed out of their game against Oregon this year, all other things equal and constant, the winner of that game would've been a lock at #2 at this point.[/QUOTE]

Saw this today and remembered your post:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/69316/3-point-stance-parsing-k-state-oregon

I wrote here yesterday that No. 4 Kansas State may have a BCS problem for canceling a game with No. 3 Oregon this season. Wildcat fans rushed to their team’s defense, saying the cancellation had been mutual. Since I first heard that Kansas State bailed from Ducks coach Chip Kelly, I went back to Eugene. Oregon executive assistant AD Dave Williford told me that when the 2011 Cowboys Classic offered a slot against LSU, Oregon asked Kansas State to reschedule. Kansas State, needing to go to a nine-game Big 12 schedule, said, let’s just call off the home-and-home, and Oregon agreed. Parse that as you will.

[quote name='blindinglights']Saw this today and remembered your post:[/QUOTE]

Why would last year's game have an impact on the 2012 schedule?

I understand KSU needed to add another conference game, but why cancel the Oregon game?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Why would last year's game have an impact on the 2012 schedule?

I understand KSU needed to add another conference game, but why cancel the Oregon game?[/QUOTE]

Big Conference teams like to play a home and home. They try to avoid the one and done games like the plague, unless they are played on a neutral site. So once KSU couldn't fit in the Oregon game last year, they had to cancel the series. Plus, why would any OOC team with NC aspirations want to face Oregon.

[quote name='kill3r7']Big Conference teams like to play a home and home. They try to avoid the one and done games like the plague, unless they are played on a neutral site. So once KSU couldn't fit in the Oregon game last year, they had to cancel the series. Plus, why would any OOC team with NC aspirations want to face Oregon.[/QUOTE]

LSU and Oregon did it last year...

Also, who in the world would've thought KSU would be contenders a season ago?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']LSU and Oregon did it last year...

Also, who in the world would've thought KSU would be contenders a season ago?[/QUOTE]

The game was played on a neutral site...

Also, KSU cancelled because they couldn't fit Oregon into their schedule last year and they probably weren't willing to play a one and done.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']LSU hasn't had a real starting QB since JaMarcus Russell. And yes, I remember being excited over what's his face playing QB, but losing a QB for LSU is like losing the water boy.

What you said about Oregon can be said exactly about Auburn as well, the point is moot. Two high powered offenses played each other but it turns out that the defenses are what showed up.

I'm sick of people saying Auburn killed Oregon, they didn't. It took a circus play to set up a GW FG, let alone having to face a player who probably had the greatest season of college football ever.

Not making excuses, but people seem to have this weird notion that we got dominated, we didn't. I'm looking forward to the playoff system where hopefully the top Pac-12 teams have the opportunity to take on the top SEC teams.[/QUOTE]

Statistically Auburn did not dominate the game. They were about even in terms of yardage and in points scored. But Auburn did dominate the line of scrimmage, especially on the defensive side of the ball, the entire game. Both teams shot themselves in the foot and lost opportunities to put up more points.

[quote name='kill3r7']The game was played on a neutral site...

Also, KSU cancelled because they couldn't fit Oregon into their schedule last year and they probably weren't willing to play a one and done.[/QUOTE]

Good point about the neutral site.

Wouldn't the games have been played 2012/2013?

EDIT: NM, you're right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't usually get involved with Heisman campaigns or care that much about individual awards. I did notice Manti Te'o because he's being talked about by the media for it despite playing on the defensive side of the ball. I've always thought that was cool ever since the great Charles Woodson won it for the 1997 season with my Michigan Wolverines.

That being said, I've only read good press on Te'o and it seems as if he is the genuine article. A quality human being in addition to a quality football player. I noticed this write-up this evening and couldn't help but love the guy. Forget about the Heisman and being a valuable player, he is a valuable person. I've come to like this thread, thought I'd share.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...of-dying-girl-with-letter-grief-cancer-102512

[quote name='chuckie88']I don't usually get involved with Heisman campaigns or care that much about individual awards. I did notice Manti Te'o because he's being talked about by the media for it despite playing on the defensive side of the ball. I've always thought that was cool ever since the great Charles Woodson won it for the 1997 season with my Michigan Wolverines.

That being said, I've only read good press on Te'o and it seems as if he is the genuine article. A quality human being in addition to a quality football player. I noticed this write-up this evening and couldn't help but love the guy. Forget about the Heisman and being a valuable player, he is a valuable person. I've come to like this thread, thought I'd share.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...of-dying-girl-with-letter-grief-cancer-102512[/QUOTE]

I tried to hate the guy because he's from ND, but with all the shit in his life he's been through, I have nothing but a huge amount of respect for him and his talent now. Like you said, the definition of a class act.

There's one camera still out there that shows how really bad it is. Looked like the knee cap was hanging on the side of the knee. I can't imagine him coming back again after this.

If NCSU ends up blowing the game, the receivers need to look themselves in the mirror. 7 dropped passes is unacceptable. Especially when they all would have included a ton of YAC.

[quote name='blindinglights']There's one camera still out there that shows how really bad it is. Looked like the knee cap was hanging on the side of the knee. I can't imagine him coming back again after this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that one, the camera just before they cut to the commercial, his kneecap was literally on the right side of his leg, fucking gross. That just surpassed Willis McGahee's injury as my most disgusting live injury that I've ever seen. My wife about threw up (and so did I, though I'm less hesitant to admit it).

With every Ohio State game that I watch, I wonder whether Braxton Miller will be drafted as a running back or receiver/returner when he's done. I can't see him turning into a legit QB with one or two more seasons under his belt before then.

He fits the Josh Cribbs mold to me. It's no surprise, but he's also been a lot more apprehensive on his runs this week after getting knocked out of last game.

During the USC game all I could think about was when various sports commentators kept saying USC is better than Alabama because they passed "the eyeball test".

And yeah, Oregon's strength of schedule is plummeting. Maybe they should stop letting off the gas at halftime, get some style points. Pretty sure they could have scored 100+ in at least 3 games so far.

Well N.Dame just finished off Oklanhoma. Combined with Florida's loss and Oregon having pathetic Colorado scheduled today; that will probably make the top five: 1)Alabama, 2)K.State, 3)N.Dame, 4)Oregon, 5)LSU. If K.State hadn't throttled Texas Tech. N.Dame would probably jump them too. USC losing doesn't help Oregon at all, they really need Oregon St. to continue winning now. N.Dame will most likely enter their game with USC 11-0 and winning it could very well put them into the title game. With Florida, Mississippi St., Rutgers, and Ohio all losing the list of unbeatens continues to shrink. I thought that Kent St. would be the team to give Ohio their first loss but they decided to hand Rutgers theirs instead. With Louisville surviving Cincinnati Friday, they could be playing Rutgers in their season finale at 11-0.

The Big 10 has went from shooting its reputation in the foot to shooting it in the face. The Leaders division de-facto (due to OSU/PSU sanctions) conference championship representative Wisconsin lost again tonight and they still have Ohio St. and Penn St. on their slate. If they drop those two games they will be playing for the conference title at 7-5 with a .500 record in Big 10 play. On the other side Michigan had a chance to gain some national respect as their two losses looked better as. N.Dame and Alabama keep winning. Of course, once Robinson was injured tonight against Nebraska that chance went out the window. That tends to happen when you rely on one man for 65-70% of your offense. Now if the Cornhuskers can beat Mich.St. and PennSt. they'll probably play Wisconsin.

USC is my team, but I never bought into them being part of the cream of the crop this year. They can never keep their heart and minds in the game and implode way too often. You would think finally being eligible again would light a fire under them, but you never know when sunshine and the gang will show up and play. What is Lane Kiffin doing to get them prepared???? The only thing he's got going for him right now is his smoking hot wife.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']...What is Lane Kiffin doing to get them prepared???? The only thing he's got going for him right now is his smoking hot wife.[/QUOTE]
L:lol:L

[quote name='chuckie88']Well N.Dame just finished off Oklanhoma. Combined with Florida's loss and Oregon having pathetic Colorado scheduled today; that will probably make the top five: 1)Alabama, 2)K.State, 3)N.Dame, 4)Oregon, 5)LSU. If K.State hadn't throttled Texas Tech. N.Dame would probably jump them too. USC losing doesn't help Oregon at all, they really need Oregon St. to continue winning now. N.Dame will most likely enter their game with USC 11-0 and winning it could very well put them into the title game. With Florida, Mississippi St., Rutgers, and Ohio all losing the list of unbeatens continues to shrink. I thought that Kent St. would be the team to give Ohio their first loss but they decided to hand Rutgers theirs instead. With Louisville surviving Cincinnati Friday, they could be playing Rutgers in their season finale at 11-0.

The Big 10 has went from shooting its reputation in the foot to shooting it in the face. The Leaders division de-facto (due to OSU/PSU sanctions) conference championship representative Wisconsin lost again tonight and they still have Ohio St. and Penn St. on their slate. If they drop those two games they will be playing for the conference title at 7-5 with a .500 record in Big 10 play. On the other side Michigan had a chance to gain some national respect as their two losses looked better as. N.Dame and Alabama keep winning. Of course, once Robinson was injured tonight against Nebraska that chance went out the window. That tends to happen when you rely on one man for 65-70% of your offense. Now if the Cornhuskers can beat Mich.St. and PennSt. they'll probably play Wisconsin.[/QUOTE]

Holy cow what a crazy day in college football. Kansas State throttled Texas Tech and the Irish went into Norman and took down the Sooners!

They need to change Stoops' nickname from "Big Game" Bob to "Big Baby" Bob. The guy sat there and chewed out the refs for a good 15 minutes after that holding call (the correct call as OU pulled two Irish defenders to the ground to clear the path) wiped out the rushing TD by the "Belldozer". Seems like the refs should be able to say enough is enough and throw a penalty or toss the guy at some point.

I was really worried Golson would crack under the pressure. Especially when we went so long without scoring and then OU tied the game at 13 in the 4th quarter. He was solid but not spectacular. He managed the game and didn't make the stupid mistakes that he had earlier in the season.

IMHO I believe the BCS should go #1) Alabama, #2) Notre Dame, #3) Kansas State. Again, I think you have to give the Irish a slight edge over the Wildcats because our strength of schedule is better. We beat #8 on the road while the Cats beat #17 at home. Unless schedule strength is overridden by "style points" for the margin of victory.

I was pulling for Michigan to beat Nebraska but they just couldn't put many points on the board. I'm sure the loss of shoelace had a lot to do with it.

Oregon should now be out of the National Title picture. USC and Oregon St lost this weekend so neither potential win should help that much. Kansas St and Notre Dame finished out this weekend against ranked teams in big fashion.

If Notre Dame finishes undefeated, I guarantee they make the National Championship game. No way they are left out.

[quote name='Chitown021']Holy cow what a crazy day in college football. Kansas State throttled Texas Tech and the Irish went into Norman and took down the Sooners!

They need to change Stoops' nickname from "Big Game" Bob to "Big Baby" Bob. The guy sat there and chewed out the refs for a good 15 minutes after that holding call (the correct call as OU pulled two Irish defenders to the ground to clear the path) wiped out the rushing TD by the "Belldozer". Seems like the refs should be able to say enough is enough and throw a penalty or toss the guy at some point.

I was really worried Golson would crack under the pressure. Especially when we went so long without scoring and then OU tied the game at 13 in the 4th quarter. He was solid but not spectacular. He managed the game and didn't make the stupid mistakes that he had earlier in the season.

IMHO I believe the BCS should go #1) Alabama, #2) Notre Dame, #3) Kansas State. Again, I think you have to give the Irish a slight edge over the Wildcats because our strength of schedule is better. We beat #8 on the road while the Cats beat #17 at home. Unless schedule strength is overridden by "style points" for the margin of victory.

I was pulling for Michigan to beat Nebraska but they just couldn't put many points on the board. I'm sure the loss of shoelace had a lot to do with it.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to talk shit or anything, but why should ND be ranked higher than KSU? Nd will not jump a team who crushed a ranked team only 5 ranks behind OU. KSU also beat OU, I would be shocked if ND is number two. I hate both teams, but it makes no sense to put ND at 2 over KSU. If ND plays a ranked opponent in a week KSU doesn't than they could jump them, but not this week.

Really surprised in ND. With USC sucking, probably best I can hope for now is for them to win out and get left out of the title game Hate those catholic fucks...but they'd probably get in the title game if they're unbeaten even if there are two or three other unbeatens. Both Oregon and K-State have pretty soft remaining schedules with Texas and USC being down and Oregon State having lost.

If Notre Dame wins out, they're going to be in the National Championship Game, no matter what anyone else does. Why? They have that legacy attached to them that gives a gleam in the eye of human pollsters. I imagine after last night's pretty big win they'll move up to #2 in the BCS. At the very least they'll be in a close third. But I expect the Irish to have an emotional letdown against Pittsburgh this week.

And for people looking for that Lattimore injury. DO NOT. It's horrible. Like...Theismann terrible. I hope and pray that his leg isn't amputated after that. Because...shit. No one deserves that.

[quote name='KingBroly']If Notre Dame wins out, they're going to be in the National Championship Game, no matter what anyone else does. Why? They have that legacy attached to them that gives a gleam in the eye of human pollsters. I imagine after last night's pretty big win they'll move up to #2 in the BCS. At the very least they'll be in a close third. But I expect the Irish to have an emotional letdown against Pittsburgh this week.[/QUOTE]

I agree up to the losing against Pitt part. I think they'll be undefeated up until USC and that will be their final test. Although that test is looking easier week after week.

If they face Alabama for the title, can it be the Baptists vs. the Catholics game?

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Not trying to talk shit or anything, but why should ND be ranked higher than KSU? Nd will not jump a team who crushed a ranked team only 5 ranks behind OU. KSU also beat OU, I would be shocked if ND is number two. I hate both teams, but it makes no sense to put ND at 2 over KSU. If ND plays a ranked opponent in a week KSU doesn't than they could jump them, but not this week.[/QUOTE]

I just think Notre Dame's win was more impressive than Kansas State's win. I don't think the difference should be much (maybe a few tenths of a point) but I think if you break it down Notre Dame's 8-0 holds a little more water than KSU's 8-0. I would also be shocked if ND jumped to #2 but I also would not cry about it if/when they don't. I'm just making the case that I believe that maybe they've earned it as things stand this week. The way I see it a 30-13 win at Norman over #8 Oklahoma is a bit more impressive than a 55-24 win at home against #14 TTU.

[quote name='Halo05']I agree up to the losing against Pitt part. I think they'll be undefeated up until USC and that will be their final test. Although that test is looking easier week after week.

If they face Alabama for the title, can it be the Baptists vs. the Catholics game?[/QUOTE]

I think Pittsburgh could go either way for Notre Dame. It's at home, so they should have the crowd feeding them energy early on so they don't start slow. But it is "one of those games" that looks easy but ends up being a nightmare.

If it was Alabama v. Notre Dame in the title game, it'd probably be the highest watched National Championship in quite a while.

[quote name='Chitown021']I just think Notre Dame's win was more impressive than Kansas State's win. I don't think the difference should be much (maybe a few tenths of a point) but I think if you break it down Notre Dame's 8-0 holds a little more water than KSU's 8-0. I would also be shocked if ND jumped to #2 but I also would not cry about it if/when they don't. I'm just making the case that I believe that maybe they've earned it as things stand this week. The way I see it a 30-13 win at Norman over #8 Oklahoma is a bit more impressive than a 55-24 win at home against #14 TTU.[/QUOTE]

It's not just that game though.

K-State also won at Oklahoma, so that's pretty much equal. And they stomped ranked teams in WVU and Texas Tech. ND doesn't have that on their schedule since teams like Michigan and Michigan State aren't very good this year.

So I'd give K-State a slight edge right now. But ND could maybe jump them if USC doesn't lose again--but that's unlikely as Oregon will probably pound them.

If ND jumps K-State it will be because they're ND, not because they're schedule was tougher. Part of there being "back" this year is that teams like Michigan, Michigan State, USC, Stanford etc. aren't top 10 level teams this year. K-State's benefiting some to from Texas and Oklahoma being down, but has a tougher slate of ranked teams in the Big 12 even if not any real top 10 caliber teams.

[quote name='Chitown021']...I was pulling for Michigan to beat Nebraska but they just couldn't put many points on the board. I'm sure the loss of shoelace had a lot to do with it.[/QUOTE]
That's puttng it mildly, without him Michigan will have trouble beating anybody.

Bust out the tiny violins...:-({|=He was injured running the ball to the 4 yrd line. The freshman backup came in, couldn't move the ball at all, Wolverines settled for a field goal and it was a one point game. Nebraska realized their good fortune and the defense stacked the box and began blitzing with impunity. Who could blame them? The fresman backup didn't complete a pass until the 4th quarter, finishing 3 for 16 with 3 picks. He's nowhere near the runner Robison is and also looked helpless as he missed wide open targets. It was flat out ugly. When Robinson left the game in the 2nd quarter, he had racked up 101 yards of combined offense. When the game was over, the entire team totaled 188.

1 Alabama 8-0
2 Kansas State 8-0
3 Notre Dame 8-0
4 Oregon 8-0
5 LSU 7-1
6 Georgia 7-1
7 Florida 7-1
8 South Carolina 7-2
9 Florida State 8-1
10 Louisville 8-0
11 Oregon State 6-1
12 Oklahoma 5-2
13 Clemson 7-1
14 Stanford 6-2
15 Mississippi State 7-1
16 Texas A&M 6-2
17 USC 6-2
18 Texas Tech 6-2
19 Boise State 7-1
20 Nebraska 6-2
21 West Virginia 5-2
22 Arizona 5-3
23 Texas 6-2
24 Oklahoma State 5-2
25 Louisiana Tech 7-1

South Carolina being #8 in the BCS is pretty strange. Both human polls have them #11 and their computer average is #9. Florida State and Louisville have lower computer rankings of 21 and 13 respectively, which is dragging them down and allowing Carolina to move ahead of them.

Yep, BCS still looking like fools. South Carolina without Marcus Lattimore is the number 8 team?!?! Bullshit.

Oregon St loses to 4-4 Washington and they barely dropped. Yep, still smelling it.

Texas escapes 1-7 Kansas and they still are in. I can't breath from this smell.

Wow, Notre Dame is 1/1000 of a point ahead of Oregon. Assuming they both win next week they will switch places.

EDIT: Normally I'd say Jesse Palmer is an idiot but he made the same point I did earlier: Notre Dame should have jumped KSU because of their common opponents and the fact that Notre Dame's win at Norman this week was more impressive than KSU's over TTU.

I also thought that Oregon St. would drop a few more than they did, I realize they fell four spots but I thought they would place somewhere in the 13-15 range. S.Carolina may be able to win their next two despite losing Latimore which will set the ACC up nicely if Clemson can beat them after Thanksgiving. Florida St. could also get in on that party as their game with Florida the same day could have big implications. One thing is for sure, the top five will change next week in some way as Alabama travels to LSU.

Lot of big games this weekend.

Ranked matchups:

#1 Alabama @ #5 LSU
#2 K State vs. #24 Ok State
#4 Oregon @#17 USC
#15 Miss State vs. #16 Texas A&M
#18 Texas Tech vs. #23 Texas

Hoping WVU can get back on track somewhat against TCU at home after a bye week following those two embarrassing blow out defeats. TCU is likely down to their 3rd string QB, so hopefully we can pull that one out.

Anyone else interested to see how the linebacker that Maryland is starting at quarterback this weekend does? I want to see him scramble and then forget what he's doing and just light some defensive player up. Won't happen, but I can hope.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Lot of big games this weekend.

Ranked matchups:

#1 Alabama @ #5 LSU
#4 Oregon @#17 USC

Hoping WVU can get back on track somewhat against TCU at home after a bye week following those two embarrassing blow out defeats. TCU is likely down to their 3rd string QB, so hopefully we can pull that one out.[/QUOTE]
I agree W.Virginia could really use a win. All of those games you listed interest me at least a little bit and even though LSU has really struggled to point points on the board they do have an outstanding record in home night games. I'd still bet on 'Bama though.
[quote name='blindinglights']Anyone else interested to see how the linebacker that Maryland is starting at quarterback this weekend does? I want to see him scramble and then forget what he's doing and just light some defensive player up. Won't happen, but I can hope.[/QUOTE]
I was also wondering about this, could be interesting indeed. Although your scenerio is farfetched, the thought of it did make me chuckle.:lol:

[quote name='dmaul1114']Lot of big games this weekend.

Ranked matchups:

#1 Alabama @ #5 LSU[/quote]
LSU shouldn't hang. Their offense is atrocious. Their loss is my teams gain.

The AP doesn't like OK State... you know why... you will see it this weekend.

#4 Oregon @#17 USC
Marquee matchup weeks ago.... as of now, it is Oregon's to lose since USC didn't produce last weekend.

Is Johnny for real... this week should tell.

Please Dooge put Texas out of their misery.

Hoping WVU can get back on track somewhat against TCU at home after a bye week following those two embarrassing blow out defeats. TCU is likely down to their 3rd string QB, so hopefully we can pull that one out.
West Virginia's defense hasn't stopped anyone. This game comes down to West Virginia's offense vs TCU's defense.

[quote name='blindinglights']Anyone else interested to see how the linebacker that Maryland is starting at quarterback this weekend does? I want to see him scramble and then forget what he's doing and just light some defensive player up. Won't happen, but I can hope.[/quote]
I am. This is the one storyline I look forward to this weekend.

Not shocked that Notre Dame had a hard time this week. Surprised they won, actually. This game had "Trap" written all over it.

[quote name='KingBroly']Not shocked that Notre Dame had a hard time this week. Surprised they won, actually. This game had "Trap" written all over it.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe we came back to win today. So many mistakes, the missed FG, missed XP, INTs, and then the fumble by Wood on the goal line in OT.

I thought it was over when Golson threw that pick in the 4th with under 4 minutes left.

Holy crap did N.Dame escape with one tonight! I also thought that they had lost it, especially with the fumble on the 1/2 inch line in OT. I really thought the Pitt kicker would hit that field goal and win the game. The Nebraska last second win over Mich.St, was a pretty good finish as well. W.Virginia going down in by a point in extra time kicked off that trifecta of crazy close games mid afternoon.

Although Maryland's LB turned QB didn't fare as bad as he could have, they had another two guys go out with injuries in their game today! The only thing worse than the health of their current roster is that god-awful pattern from their helmets that they decided to match with their shoes today. Ugh, hideous! Michigan managed to win with their WR turned QB, fortunately he had QB experience.

Night games haven't finished quite yet but it's looking like the undefeated Ducks, Wildcats, and Tide will probably stay that way. N.Dame didn't do itself any favors with their struggles today as these other three all looked much better against much better teams. It also doesn't help that their late season heavy (USC) just got 60+ points dropped on them at home. LSU is playing with Alabama though.

EDIT: Tigers just got in the endzone, perhaps Alabama won't dominate as much tonight.

Wow, Bill Snyder has a lot of confidence in his team (as he should). He pulled The Kleinsdale in the middle of the 3rd quarter of a 38-20 game. Not exactly a blow out at that point.

EDIT:

NM, I guess he's banged up. I hope he's OK for next week so he can continue his Heisman run.

[quote name='chuckie88']Holy crap did N.Dame escape with one tonight! I also thought that they had lost it, especially with the fumble on the 1/2 inch line in OT. I really thought the Pitt kicker would hit that field goal and win the game. The Nebraska last second win over Mich.St, was a pretty good finish as well. W.Virginia going down in by a point in extra time kicked off that trifecta of crazy close games mid afternoon.

Although Maryland's LB turned QB didn't fare as bad as he could have, they had another two guys go out with injuries in their game today! The only thing worse than the health of their current roster is that god-awful pattern from their helmets that they decided to match with their shoes today. Ugh, hideous! Michigan managed to win with their WR turned QB, fortunately he had QB experience.

Night games haven't finished quite yet but it's looking like the undefeated Ducks, Wildcats, and Tide will probably stay that way. N.Dame didn't do itself any favors with their struggles today as these other three all looked much better against much better teams. It also doesn't help that their late season heavy (USC) just got 60+ points dropped on them at home. LSU is playing with Alabama though.[/QUOTE]

Definitely a crazy day. I thought Notre Dame had lost the game about 5 times today. As you can see per my post below after that 4th quarter INT I was already trying to make peace with a loss. I also thought there was no way Pitt misses that FG in OT following Wood's fumble. We went from taking a 7 pt lead to giving Pitt the chance to win the game with only a FG. I also thought (and hoped) Michigan State would beat Nebraska. You're right, Notre Dame struggling while others continue to roll is not good for them. That should open the door for Oregon to pass them in the BCS. That also weakens our schedule as now best case scenario USC will have three losses when we play them at the end of the year.

Watching Kansas State now, didn't realize one of The Gronk's brothers is on the KSU roster.

bread's done
Back