Official Amazon Quick Picks FAQ - READ 1st POST

just found this thread guys. heres my GB items for October 1st from all 3 of my amazon accounts. (only game related items will be listed)

Account 1:

Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Throat Communicator - Camo
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (DS)
Last Rebellion (PS3)
Halo Reach (360)
God of War: Collection (ps3)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (DS)
Nostalgia (DS)
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (360)

great selection in this account. will wait for MSRP price drops on layton, rune factory, nostalgia and GTA. already ordered the GOW collection on another account. have no interest in the headset, last rebellion or heavy rain. halo reach keeps popping up in my account so i will wait on that as well.

Account 2:

Nintendo DS Lite Quilted Folio - White (DS)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (ds)
Knights in the Nightmare (DS)

pretty weak selection in this account. no interest right now in any of these items. the 2 ds games i can get both cheaper on ebay right now. so no go here.

Account 3:

SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny (psp)
MAG (ps3)
Deadly Creatures (wii)
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (DS)
The Last Guardian (PS3)

so so selection. no interest in Soul calibur, mag, deadly creatures or guardian. still kicking myself for not getting valkyrie when it was $20 a few months ago. will pick up valkyrie when it drops below $20.

I'll post all my GB deals as soon as they come in from now on. hope this helps people who are wanting to buy these games and waiting for them to pop up in there GB.

[quote name='Nirron']The bread and butter section is actually here. This is where you need to mark things as 'Not Interested'.[/QUOTE]You are a beautiful man. (I'm assuming you're a man; You are a beautiful person at any rate.) Thanks very much.

I'm shocked at how many items are in my recommended file. That's what I get for years of using both Cnet, Consumer Reports and Amazon for reviews and research... and endless collection crap I forget I even looked at.

after rating 800 items as "not interested" finally got my recommendations down to 1.5 pages of only games im interested it. also have a fake preorder in. well see how the picks go in the next few days...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I was hoping someone could tell me why I went from 3 daily quick picks to 1 all of a sudden. :(

Well, after finally deciding to cancel my Uncharted 2 (the last of what was a large order) and reorder it I was able to get TLG, GoW III, and Heavy Rain in my quick picks this morning without a hitch. So my assumption was correct that the $30 promo credits WILL fuck up games for eligibility unless you cancel the entire order that they were in. Amazon somehow still sees the games as ordered because of how the promo credit works (i.e. the credit is spread evenly over the entire order). I can't say for certain that this wasn't just an isolated case and it was something else that screwed up, but this is my conclusion based on factual results.

Your knowledge of science has increased by 1.

[quote name='ipsum']Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I was hoping someone could tell me why I went from 3 daily quick picks to 1 all of a sudden. :([/QUOTE]
Read the FAQ, specifically the maintenance section.

Nice man. I had to cancel a big order because my friend changed his mind on brutal legend:
"Are you sure this is everything you want now? I can't just add or delete but redo entire orders"
"Oooh...."
So I left off a bunch of easy quick pick targets and I'm going to order all of those with however many of them show up today in my picks. 7 total so hopefully like half of them do, no update yet.

3/7, not bad. Was hoping for more but that's ok.

well just been posting titles that I haven't seen listed in the post...

today...

wait for it....

:wii: JU-ON: The Grudge

well something I'm totally not interested in... but maybe someone else is

Question: So lets say I make a big order with a few GB deals and Double ECA - If I ever decide that I don't want a single game, I have to cancel the whole order?

My dilemma is that I have 2 old ECA codes that can stack - one is already in the system, and I haven't redeemed the other.

I want to get the most value out of those codes since even 2 ECA is better than a GB + ECA, but I don't want to order too much since in reality I probably will only keep a few games for purchase.

EDIT: Pretty much my question is this - I definitely want to preorder The Last Guardian since its in my GB now, but should I also add ModNation Racers (also in my GB) to the same order as well, even though I'm not 100% if I will end up actually buying the game.

Order both. If nothing has shipped, you can ALWAYS cancel the entire order or just pieces of it.

If something has shipped...I had one large order before all the stacking, at one time it wouldn't let me cancel right when the only item that was available shipped, but as soon as that was delivered and like 2 days after, I was able to go back in and cancel everything else. Of course I didn't get those eca codes back. Worst case I imagine a CSR could cancel extra items though, what is the alternative, shipping to you and you returning them for a bunch of lost shipping $ out of amazon's pocket?

*edit* And my other recommendation upon reading your post again, if that's the only stacking codes you'll have, is to throw any other games you're interested in with that pre-order and cancel as you make your final decision. Again, if nothing has shipped, you can without a problem cancel pieces or the entire order. Trust me I've cancelled like 30 orders in the past month, no joke.

[quote name='Vortextk']]
*edit* And my other recommendation upon reading your post again, if that's the only stacking codes you'll have, is to throw any other games you're interested in with that pre-order and cancel as you make your final decision. Again, if nothing has shipped, you can without a problem cancel pieces or the entire order. Trust me I've cancelled like 30 orders in the past month, no joke.[/QUOTE]

Yes I was actually thinking about throwing in Uncharted 2, Modern Warfare 2, AC2 as well and get 20% off. But you are saying that next month, for example, I would be able to, say, cancel AC2, but still keep the stacked prices on MW2, ModRacers, and The Last Guardian, even when they are in the same order, or should I not do Uncharted 2 since it ships in 2 weeks?

And sidenote: whats the chance that I will get a game in the GB that I already preordered.

EDIT: But you are definitely saying that If I preorder 5 games coming out in 2010 on the same order, I could cancel a single one of them tomorrow?

Extremely unlikely. Only a very few games have been persistent in showing up after being ordered/marked etc. And modern warfare/AC2 are not showing up in goldboxes so I wouldn't be worrying about them anyway.

And yes, definitely if nothing has shipped. Should be fine after things have shipped as well, even if you have to call up amazon.

K ordered (20%+GB) ModNation + Guardian, (20%) UC2, MW2, AC2

Cancelled GOW Collection and Resonance of Fate - now I have an extra stackable code for the future

i dont think i overlooked anything in the forum, but for some reason i now have nothing under "quick picks" , when i browse my gold box..

I see an enclosed box labeled Best Deals, then below it is Customer Discussions...

did i do something wrong?

Well I'm getting game type items back now. I got Uncharted 2 just in time to preorder it and today I got gow collection and gta stories. But I also got a tent, a lighter thing, and another manual lawn mower...strange.

Until a couple days ago, my quick picks were working great. Had plenty of games I'd been eyeing, or was interested in.

But now it's showing nothing but weird stuff that couldn't be farther from my interests. I mostly buy games, comic books, and game mags from amazon...and the occasional birthday or Xmas gift. And yet here I'm getting quick picks for labeling tape, bread machines, kitty litter (I don't even own a pet), and a Sarah Palin biography. ...What the heck? Nobody's been using my account, so it's not that.

Only 5 items today, with one game Atelier Annie DS.

Edit: Pre-ordered it for $15.49 after ECA and $10 off video game from Kingdom Hearts. Not too bad. In a sense, it gives me half off a new release DS game if I change my mind on this game.

[quote name='RLeav20717']i dont think i overlooked anything in the forum, but for some reason i now have nothing under "quick picks" , when i browse my gold box..

I see an enclosed box labeled Best Deals, then below it is Customer Discussions...

did i do something wrong?[/QUOTE]
We're really not sure why this happens, but it usually resolves itself the next day. It's nothing you did, it's Amazon. If you still have nothing tomorrow, you can try contacting them for help.

Got Uncharted 2 back in my picks today (what's that, the fifth time now lol) and placed my order. Looks like the ninja update went through last night as well, since I got a MW2 limited edition strategy guide too. Well, barring any future ECA 'developments' I think my pre-orders are all set to go. Now to sit back and wait for the games to roll on in. :bouncy:

[quote name='shrike4242']Just had Halo Reach, Muramasa and Tales of Symphonia Wii show up in my Gold Box.[/QUOTE]

I knew I should've pre-ordered Halo Reach when it showed up. Going to be cursed for not ordering it.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Only 5 items today, with one game Atelier Annie DS.

Edit: Pre-ordered it for $15.49 after ECA and $10 off video game from Kingdom Hearts. Not too bad. In a sense, it gives me half off a new release DS game if I change my mind on this game.[/QUOTE]

Darn, and I finally thought I was going to be able to contribute to this thread again! :p

I also got :ds: Atelier Annie: Alchemist of Sera Island.

That and ECA put it at $25. It almost sucks Amazon has such great prices with these discounts, because I want those figurines from RosenQueen's pre-order, but I can't justify the $20 or more I'd end up paying.

I can add one game to the list at least after all my mooching lately: :psp: Kefka Bancho: Badass Rumble

Eh what the heck, maybe a little mooching. I think I'm going to try for The Beatles: Rock Band for the next week or so, since that $10 promotion lasts until the 15th. Two days so far with no luck. Only game I could find for a faux pre-order was Lego Rock Band.

Monado is one game I am really looking forward to seeing, though I do sincerely hope that the pricing is a mistake. It's by Monolith Soft, the same guys who did the Xenosaga games on the PS2 and the Baten Kaitos games on the GameCube. We will speak no more of it here, but they also made Disaster: Day of Crisis, which didn't make it to the US.

[quote name='Jodou']We're really not sure why this happens, but it usually resolves itself the next day. It's nothing you did, it's Amazon. If you still have nothing tomorrow, you can try contacting them for help.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the quick reply! I checked today, and i got my quick picks back

God of War III and MAG!

Ended up snagging GoWIII for 44.xx after ECA,

quick question, i preordered MW2, so i got that 10.00 credit, after MW2 ships, can i apply that 10.00 towards gow?

[quote name='RLeav20717']
quick question, i preordered MW2, so i got that 10.00 credit, after MW2 ships, can i apply that 10.00 towards gow?[/QUOTE]

You'll have to e-mail Amazon's Customer Service about it. For some weird reason, they still won't let you add any promotions or anything to orders that have already been placed.

Not sure how stingy they are, but I just did this with the $10 credit I got from Kingdom Hearts 358 / 2 Days, and they just reduced the price of Uncharted 2 to $46.99 rather than $56.99.

[quote name='Nirron']You'll have to e-mail Amazon's Customer Service about it. For some weird reason, they still won't let you add any promotions or anything to orders that have already been placed.

Not sure how stingy they are, but I just did this with the $10 credit I got from Kingdom Hearts 358 / 2 Days, and they just reduced the price of Uncharted 2 to $46.99 rather than $56.99.[/QUOTE]

sounds good, thanks alot!

I've been seeing a lot of junk lately, but today my quick picks are:

Empire Total War Special Forces Edition
Final Fantasy Versus XIII - thought this was ineligible
God Hand
Infamous
God of War

Also had Agent show up a day or two ago.

so i see marvel ultimate alliance 2 for 360 is in the OP, but how often has it shown up? because i see amazon just dropped the price of it down to $47, and i wonder if it's worth it to try and get it in my quick picks, or just order it at that price (plus triple eca codes that is)

[quote name='y2jasper']so i see marvel ultimate alliance 2 for 360 is in the OP, but how often has it shown up? because i see amazon just dropped the price of it down to $47, and i wonder if it's worth it to try and get it in my quick picks, or just order it at that price (plus triple eca codes that is)[/QUOTE]

It's probably worth a shot to try and get it in your Quick Picks in the next day or two. As long as you follow the first post's directions for adding/rating games, it could even be in there by tomorrow.

The only thing I've found is that some of the games listed from early in September seem to be pretty tough to get now, or might even be ineligible (I haven't seen :ps3: Dead Rising 2, :ps3: Dante's Inferno, or :wii: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories in my Quick Picks for quite a while, and I tried quite hard to get them there) Of course, my personal frustration and difficulty with some titles is far from indicative of all the early September listed titles as a whole. More than likely I just got unlucky.

[quote name='y2jasper']so i see marvel ultimate alliance 2 for 360 is in the OP, but how often has it shown up? because i see amazon just dropped the price of it down to $47, and i wonder if it's worth it to try and get it in my quick picks, or just order it at that price (plus triple eca codes that is)[/QUOTE]

Now there are triple ECA codes, wow...

I think I'm going to try and get that in my quick picks tomorrow and hope it's still on sale.

For fun, just to make sure my Quick Picks weren't completely wonky, I cancelled my orders for FF13 Versus, ModNation Racers, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Monado, Arc Rise Fantasia, Metroid Other M, and Sakura Wars (Wii). I guess Amazon liked me as I got all 7 games in my Quick Picks.

Consider that testimonial that the system works naysayers!

no games in my quick picks. All 'home' items that do not appear on my recommendations (at least in the first 600 items). I have only bought games and PSM subs on amazon. I think I have only bought from them 3 or 4 times since they created the site and my last order was last week for PS2 and PS3 games. Hopefully they will go back to normal tomorrow.

Looks like my work on recommendations and such is getting better results now, thanks to this thread. Today my quick picks include :ps3: Lost Planet 2, :psp: Peace Walker, and :360: MGS: Rising.

Now if only Amazon would get it together and put the PS3 version of Rising up for preorder. :bomb:

Anyone have any luck with the PC version of brink? I have the PS3 version in my quick picks, but Splash damage games are really better on the PC.

[quote name='TruthinessFC']Now if only Amazon would get it together and put the PS3 version of Rising up for preorder. :bomb:[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's been pathetic how long that and Castlevania have been MIA for. I'm really not impressed with their bias towards PS3.
[quote name='Spoit']Anyone have any luck with the PC version of brink? I have the PS3 version in my quick picks, but Splash damage games are really better on the PC.[/QUOTE]
Just from the few months of working the system, I have never had a single PC game show up that I was trying for. They really don't add anything that isn't PC only it seems.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, it's been pathetic how long that and Castlevania have been MIA for. I'm really not impressed with their bias towards PS3.
[/QUOTE]

This is somewhat starting to annoy me. They've apparently had Rising listed for months, yet can't seem to even create an entry for the PS3 or PC versions. I don't want to call it bias, but I will call it what it is: annoying. I will admit that I wanted to take advantage of a second (and final) ECA code stack, but all the games I want now are the ones Amazon won't allow me to pre-order (Valkyria Chronicles 2, MGS: Rising PS3, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow PS3, and White Knight Chronicles)

Every damn time I get a game I really want in my quick-picks, there's a problem with ECA passwords. Currently, all the greedy punks who were stacking them caused codes to be pulled, so now I can't get Zelda: Spirit Tracks -- which is finally a quick-pick -- for the best price. Happened before when I had Assassin's Creed II as a quick-pick and the influx of ECA freebie joiners dried up the codes.
::shakes head::

[quote name='ViolentLee']Every damn time I get a game I really want in my quick-picks, there's a problem with ECA passwords. Currently, all the greedy punks who were stacking them caused codes to be pulled, so now I can't get Zelda: Spirit Tracks -- which is finally a quick-pick -- for the best price. Happened before when I had Assassin's Creed II as a quick-pick and the influx of ECA freebie joiners dried up the codes.
::shakes head::[/QUOTE]
I got you, mate. Check your PM's. ;)

[quote name='ViolentLee']Every damn time I get a game I really want in my quick-picks, there's a problem with ECA passwords. Currently, all the greedy punks who were stacking them caused codes to be pulled, so now I can't get Zelda: Spirit Tracks -- which is finally a quick-pick -- for the best price. Happened before when I had Assassin's Creed II as a quick-pick and the influx of ECA freebie joiners dried up the codes.
::shakes head::[/QUOTE]

Hey what do you know, I'm trying to get Zelda! I just finished Phantom Hourglass (only years behind others!) and I let it slip by once before, but finally decide to bite since they set a release date. I'm not sure if I want to risk losing a 2xECA code though just to get a potential 2x ECA + Gold Box.

I'm so torn right now. I have four or so games I want to order, and I actually have a triple ECA for once (cancelled two old orders of placeholder games I used to keep some Amazon credit tied up and I now want to use said credit). I don't know if I should go ahead and order them, or try to get the Gold Box applied. It's ~$60 off a $200 order right now, though it could be ~$70 off. I keep hovering over the 'Need to cancel an item?' button trying to decide. URGH.

ViolentLee - Word of advice, try to get codes added after the fact by contacting Amazon about specific order. I've done it on multiple orders and explained that I just signed up for The Eca. Have yet to be denied.

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here. I recently just cleared all of my old recommendations and now I'm trying to get Uncharted 2 into my goldbox. So far it's been a day and my quickpick still has the same item (an electric shaver). In my recommendations I have the following games and nothing else (no other items):

Uncharted 2
God of War Collection
Ratchet and Clank: ACIT
Grand Theft Auto 4

I just want to know what I'm doing wrong. Am I suppose to have a lot more recommendations before the quick picks start showing up on a daily basis? The only game I'm trying get into the gold box is Uncharted 2. An answer ASAP would be great because I really want to take the time to order this thing so that I won't have to deal with it later and I want to get the best deal possible. Thanks in advance CAGs.

If it hasn't updated, then just wait longer. It's not 24 hours set in stone, when I was paying attention and ordering stuff my updates were constantly changing times.

Updated 2nd post to reflect games that no longer show up in quick picks. Also, happy one month thread anniversary!

bread's done
Back