Official Amazon Quick Picks FAQ - READ 1st POST

[quote name='Vortextk']If it hasn't updated, then just wait longer. It's not 24 hours set in stone, when I was paying attention and ordering stuff my updates were constantly changing times.[/QUOTE]

But, do you have a lot of recommendations? I only have those 4 games including Uncharted 2, which is the one I want and I'm afraid that nothing will show up if you don't have a lot of recommendations...

[quote name='mdmola']But, do you have a lot of recommendations? I only have those 4 games including Uncharted 2, which is the one I want and I'm afraid that nothing will show up if you don't have a lot of recommendations...[/QUOTE]
When I only want something specifically, that is the only thing I have in my recommendations. There is no voodoo, hocus pocus behind the scenes here, so being afraid of having too little recommendations is silly. Just follow the FAQ to a T and it will yield results.

[quote name='Jodou']When I only want something specifically, that is the only thing I have in my recommendations. There is no voodoo, hocus pocus behind the scenes here, so being afraid of having too little recommendations is silly. Just follow the FAQ to a T and it will yield results.[/QUOTE]

Well my quick picks just updated and it has 4 random items that have nothing to do with my 4 recommendations. Heck, they don't even have anything to do with my past purchases, which include things like Left 4 Dead, PS3 Slim, Gamecube Memory card, Norelco shaver, sand other things..

[quote name='mdmola']Well my quick picks just updated and it has 4 random items that have nothing to do with my 4 recommendations. Heck, they don't even have anything to do with my past purchases, which include things like Left 4 Dead, PS3 Slim, Gamecube Memory card, Norelco shaver, sand other things..[/QUOTE]
Try placing some fake pre-orders then, like AC II and R&C: ACIT. Just cancel them once you get UC2.

From what I can gather (at least on my account) it takes a day for a fresh batch of stuff to come up. I got 1 day of unrelated junk after updating my 'recommendations'. This has happened both times I went through my list.

[quote name='Jodou']Updated 2nd post to reflect games that no longer show up in quick picks. Also, happy one month thread anniversary![/QUOTE]

I really should've posted when these showed up, but I can help you update some of those that you're saying aren't showing up Jodou.

Within the past two days I have gotten:

:wii:
Arc Rise Fantasia (10/4)
Fragile: Farewell Ruins Of the Moon (10/5)

:psp:
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (10/6)

So I think we can take those off the MIA list...for now.

I can also vouch for the following if you want to update the dates:

:ds: (All 10/6)
Golden Sun
Infinite Space
Sands of Destruction
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

:wii: (All 10/5 except for A Boy and His Blob)
A Boy and his Blob (10/4)
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Shiren the Wanderer
Sin and Punishment 2
Trauma Team

[quote name='Jodou']Try placing some fake pre-orders then, like AC II and R&C: ACIT. Just cancel them once you get UC2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! just got Uncharted 2 in my quick picks today!

[quote name='Nirron']I really should've posted when these showed up, but I can help you update some of those that you're saying aren't showing up Jodou.[/QUOTE]That's why the section is there. ;)

Slowdive, one morning I woke up, decided to try for a few items, and then my quick picks updated an hour later with all three items in there. 1 extra day inbetween is definitely not necessary. If you're going for some items that are known to show up, maybe that's been changing. Like demon's souls deluxe edition, it DID pop up in some gold boxes months ago but then stopped.

^^By junk I mean random stuff like the kitty litter. Today I got an apple and potato peeler, nine dragons (book), and crest whitestrips. That is it.

it's a shame that the ECA codes are temp down. I was really hoping to use one of those codes with my game that's in my goldbox today. How often will my game came back as a quick pick in the event that I don't preorder this game today?

Wheeeee, ninja updates! Got two new ones Monster Hunter 3 and Trauma Team for the Wii. The Agency was also added to my recommendations for PS3, but didn't show up as a pick.

Wheeeee, ninja updates! Got Monster Hunter 3 and Trauma Team for the Wii. The Agency was also added to my recommendations for PS3, but didn't show up as a pick.

Today's Quick Pics for me...

PS3 - Vampire Reign: Altered Species
PS1 - Final Fantasy Origins Final Fantasy I & II Remastered Editions
Ps1 - Final Fantasy IX

Finally starting to get a few games to show up in my quick picks. It got really random for about a week or so, offering me cat toys and other stuff I've never even looked at before.

Today's Quick Pick for me...

PS3 - Uncharted 2

Surprised that one showed up. I'm already gettin' it from GS w/ store credit though.

I just had a kitchen knife and a David Archuleta show up in my Quick Picks. I have nothing in my recommendations that would suggest either of these.

I also had a Bill Simmons book there, but I would probably find that interesting. Still, I also have no books in my recommendations.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']I just had a kitchen knife and a David Archuleta show up in my Quick Picks. I have nothing in my recommendations that would suggest either of these.

I also had a Bill Simmons book there, but I would probably find that interesting. Still, I also have no books in my recommendations.[/QUOTE]

What you need to do next is tell us what you DID have in your recommendations, or what you're trying to get to show up in your Gold Box. Some things may be ineligible, while others may not have the right games associated with them.

Ninja additions! Got Afrika and Borderland's strategy guide.

It's odd they updated in the middle of the week; I'm wondering if Uncharted 2 shipping out had anything to do with it. I'll monitor days after my shipments throughout next month.

I don't see where you click "not interested"?? I have some books on there and want to get those the heck off lol.

[quote name='dsimmelink']I don't see where you click "not interested"?? I have some books on there and want to get those the heck off lol.[/QUOTE]

Right here my good sir

Today I got Forza Motorsport 3 and Kingdom Hearts 358/2. Both of which I have no interest in getting. I've also gotten Halo 3:ODST twice in the past. Also another game I have no interest in getting.

I have the worst luck with Quick Picks.

I also had Forza 3 ninja added. Wish Amazon would update their list of games because I've really got nothing to look forward to right now.

I didn't see this question in the OP, so hopefully it's new. If not, I apologize:
I marked Modern Warfare 2 as "not interested" because I thought I was getting it elsewhere. Turns out, that plan fell through. My question is, how do I "regain" interest in something I've already marked as "not interested?"
Thanks!

Side question: Is Modern Warfare 2 for 360 showing up in quick picks?

[quote name='ViolentLee']I didn't see this question in the OP, so hopefully it's new. If not, I apologize:
I marked Modern Warfare 2 as "not interested" because I thought I was getting it elsewhere. Turns out, that plan fell through. My question is, how do I "regain" interest in something I've already marked as "not interested?"
Thanks!

Side question: Is Modern Warfare 2 for 360 showing up in quick picks?[/QUOTE]
It's kind of covered, but not in-depth. Just go to 'improve your recommendations' and look for the list off to the left that has 'items marked not interested' as a link. Should be straight-forward from there.

Once again you prove very helpful, Jodou. Thanks.
It was #878 out of 1225. Good thing I started from the back and moved forward. They could really use some viewing/search options for that list. 15 at a time is killer.

I got those PS3 trigger clip-on things in my Gold Box today. (Their regular price: $4.99.) :lol:

What's even better is it looks like there's an ECA code in my account...I don't even save a whole dollar!

I might actually get them.

So today I got 5 items:
1) A gated baby play yard
2) Beatles Album
3) Tidy Cats Litter Pads
4) Acronis True Image
5) Petmate Fresh Flow Filter Replacements

I have no idea why I'm getting these in my gold box, I've gone through all the items I own and have rated and my recommended items but have nothing resembling any of these items. Is there something I'm missing? Any help is appreciated. The only thing I can think of is my browsing, since I've been searching for baby stuff, but according to the OP, that shouldn't affect it, what could it be?

well this is a first

had a game appear in my quick picks that I not only have marked as owned but I even bought it through Amazon

heck when I view the item page it has a link to my order for it...

[quote name='NovaKane']Today...

Nintendo DS - SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters Clash
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

Got the same yesterday..

bread's done
Back