Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='J7.']Can you cancel after printing the shipping label out? I need to know asap. Edit I was able to but I did it by going back in my browser, I don't know if you can another way, didn't risk it.[/QUOTE]
Why do you need to cancel it? Why not just let it expire?

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has already been asked, I tried searching the thread, but I can never seem to find what I'm looking for. So, if this has been posted, I'm very sorry.

My question, in the past, how long has it taken to get a new promotion started after the previous one ends? I had a couple of games I bought to try, but didn't like and had to wait on my rebate to come to make sure I got it before trading it, during the time the rebate was processing Amazon took the extra $30 off (I think it may have ended the day I got my rebates :( ) there are a couple of games I think I can get a better value with elsewhere, but I wanted to wait to see if they were going to offer something good again.

I'm hoping they come out with something good again because I can't figure out where else to trade my stuff to get a decent value, I only played them once and they are in perfect condition, so I hate to trade them for a few dollars. Amazon seemed to have a little bit higher trade value on most games I checked, but the promotion is what really put them over the top (It seems a lot of people have had issues with Amazon, so I'm not sure if I want to use them if the value is the same as being able to do it in person). I'm considering taking my games to Toy's R Us for the upcoming promotions to just get the money and use it there, but again, if I can get a good promotion I think I would rather use Amazon.

Again, sorry if this has already been asked, just trying to get an idea before I make up my mind.

Thanks!

[quote name='io']Just got off live chat (very quick and easy) and they said it should show as accepted tonight or tomorrow (the second one anyway). For whatever reason the PO is diddling around with the other one even though I sent it earlier.

no_exit - see, that's the thing though - I've gotten nothing from them except reminders telling me they haven't got my stuff yet. I don't mind if they process slowly, but an acceptance email when it is initially received would be nice. It has basically been two days since they got it now.

I guess we can give NorAm a little credit, though - I sent in at least 15-20 packages and in only 1 case did it take more than 1 day to get processed and receive my Amazon credit. I realize Gazelle is probably a much smaller operation though (and with less direct links to Amazon).[/QUOTE]

I asked about this on Live Chat as well and was told that Allston, MA 02134 was one of their offices and that it should be accepted shortly.

Here's the talk:

[ME] According to the tracking, it was sent to Allston MA, 02134 when it was supposed to go to Boston MA, 02134
[CSR] Oh! You're fine. Allston is in Boston.
[CSR] It's where our office is located.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']My question, in the past, how long has it taken to get a new promotion started after the previous one ends?[/QUOTE]
Less than two days is the longest IIRC. We honestly don't know when or if there will be another promotion, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

[quote name='basketb']Why do you need to cancel it? Why not just let it expire?[/QUOTE]
I guess I could do that, but I just feel better canceling, who knows if they'll start penalties for expired trades.

[quote name='J7.']I guess I could do that, but I just feel better canceling, who knows if they'll start penalties for expired trades.[/QUOTE]

dont be such a worrywort, just let it expire, they dont get charged until its actually weighed at the postal service/UPS anyways.

Or just go ahead and cancel it - what's the problem? That reminds me I need to cancel my MGS 4 trade-in. I was very tempted at $18 but in the end just didn't go through with it. I did mail my One Piece today though. I just used regular media mail with no delivery confirmation - guess I was feeling lucky today ;).

1NintendoFan - yeah, it has never been this long which leads one to believe the promos are done (for now, anyway). Also check out Gamecrazy if you have one nearby. They have an extra $5 on $15 worth of trades so if you have multiple things you can trade them in separately in batches to get multiple bonuses. Unlike in the past they seem to be offering some pretty nice trade-in values on a few games. And there is an iPhone app that tells you current prices which is very handy. If you don't have an iPhone post what games you want prices for in the Gamecrazy trade-in value thread and someone will look them up for you.

hm todays ToTD is DDR for wii, TIV of $23, and you can buy it on amazon for $20 ($18 after eca). if there was a promo going on i would be all over this, but $5 isn't worth it to me.

[quote name='y2jasper']hm todays ToTD is DDR for wii, TIV of $23, and you can buy it on amazon for $20 ($18 after eca). if there was a promo going on i would be all over this, but $5 isn't worth it to me.[/QUOTE]
Ships in 3-5 weeks..:cold:

my trade that i placed like hours before the promotion just went through, how long til I get my coupon? I know its been answered but I just don't feel like reading through all these posts.

[quote name='Jodou']Less than two days is the longest IIRC. We honestly don't know when or if there will be another promotion, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, guess I will start looking into Trade In Values at other stores. Too bad I didn't have all of them during F.Y.E.'s extra 20% sale, when that was going on I was able to get a better value for my game than I was able to get a few years ago.

[quote name='io']1NintendoFan - yeah, it has never been this long which leads one to believe the promos are done (for now, anyway). Also check out Gamecrazy if you have one nearby. They have an extra $5 on $15 worth of trades so if you have multiple things you can trade them in separately in batches to get multiple bonuses. Unlike in the past they seem to be offering some pretty nice trade-in values on a few games. And there is an iPhone app that tells you current prices which is very handy. If you don't have an iPhone post what games you want prices for in the Gamecrazy trade-in value thread and someone will look them up for you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I've wanted to use Amazon for a while to get one of the promos, but never had enough games to amount to anything (even if I traded all the games I had but still wanted :D ) I finally get enough to amount to something and then they take it away :lol:

I checked online and there are no Game Crazy stores within 50 miles of me. As far as I know, the only stores around me that I can trade games are:

Gamestop (possible EB Games as well)
Toy's R Us
Game Rush
F.Y.E.
Play 'N Trade
Best Buy (using the online service)

But I don't think there are any others.

Thanks again!

I tried removing a game from a submission (by changing the quantity to 0), and it changed the TIV for all games. I didn't proceed though, I'm just going to send 2 out of 3 games without editing and see what happen.

[quote name='gi60']I tried removing a game from a submission (by changing the quantity to 0), and it changed the TIV for all games. I didn't proceed though, I'm just going to send 2 out of 3 games without editing and see what happen.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crunchewy']We'll all be anxious to hear if they accept it, gi60.[/QUOTE]

Nothing to worry about since he didn't 'Resubmit' the order :)

[quote name='gi60']I tried removing a game from a submission (by changing the quantity to 0), and it changed the TIV for all games. I didn't proceed though, I'm just going to send 2 out of 3 games without editing and see what happen.[/QUOTE]

That's a bummer. Another loophole closed...:cry:

[quote name='Japakneez']Nothing to worry about since he didn't 'Resubmit' the order :)[/QUOTE]
If you read their trade-in T&Cs carefully, you may noticed that they changed the wording (at least as far as I can tell - I didn't make a copy of the old T&Cs). They now may reject the whole trade-in, if a game is missing.
If I remember correctly, previously there was some words to the effect that they still accept the received ones, and just not give credit for the missing ones.

[quote name='basketb']If you read their trade-in T&Cs carefully, you may noticed that they changed the wording (at least as far as I can tell - I didn't make a copy of the old T&Cs). They now may reject the whole trade-in, if a game is missing.
If I remember correctly, previously there was some words to the effect that they still accept the received ones, and just not give credit for the missing ones.[/QUOTE]

Wow. That is weak.

[quote name='basketb']If you read their trade-in T&Cs carefully, you may noticed that they changed the wording (at least as far as I can tell - I didn't make a copy of the old T&Cs). They now may reject the whole trade-in, if a game is missing.
If I remember correctly, previously there was some words to the effect that they still accept the received ones, and just not give credit for the missing ones.[/QUOTE]Makes me wonder if they could deny an entire trade-in if one game was damaged/refused, under the same thought process.

Oh my god, they denied one of my games again. I'm 0 for 2 now. This is fucking ridiculous.

The first trade in I did was during the $75 bonus towards a console purchase. I submitted 3 copies of CoD WaW 360 that I got during a B2G1 Gamestop sale along with a few filler games.

One of em was denied for being damaged. When I got the game back there was a half inch crack down the center spindle of the disc that definitely wasn't there when it was mailed. I was pissed but luckily Gamestop has a 30 day exchange policy and I took it in to get a replacement.

Fast forward to this promo, I still had that copy of CoD WaW laying around and a few other games, and I decided to give it one more shot cause I wanted a PS3 slim and $30 off isn't too shabby.

Well yesterday they received my games, today they sent me an e-mail saying one game is being returned because it's cracked. Guess which game? Call of fucking Duty World at War. Only this time I'm well out of Gamestop's return policy, so when I get back the disc they broke, I'm just plain screwed.

I e-mailed Amazon about the first trade in when it happened and the CSR was nice enough to give me a $25 promotional credit (since I got bumped from 75 to 50 for the denial) without me even having to resubmit a trade. If I e-mail them again it's gonna look completely suspicious, and I'd be surprised if they helped me out a 2nd time.

Based on the way the crack was coming from the center of the disc out on my first game, I think they have an ape shit retard that's pulling games out of the case without pushing in the button properly. I don't know, I'll see what the damage is when I get it back. But I don't care what kind of godlike promo Amazon might offer next, I'm never fucking with this trade in thing again.

[quote name='shytface']
Based on the way the crack was coming from the center of the disc out on my first game, I think they have an ape shit retard that's pulling games out of the case without pushing in the button properly. I don't know, I'll see what the damage is when I get it back.[/QUOTE]

I think this is true. I've never had a game shipped that cracks in the middle. No matter what the USPS does to it, it might damage the case but never the center ring.

If I remember correctly, previously there was some words to the effect that they still accept the received ones, and just not give credit for the missing ones. [/QUOTE]

That's going to really suck if the large trade-in I just sent in gets rejected over the one missing game, wow. I mean, I understand WHY they would want to reject, if you resubmit you probably get less. But I don't understand why they would outside of that, especially if you're not getting a promo(of which you'll call and complain about not getting with a rejected game).

Amazon customer service is worthless. I've been hung up on twice, told they would resolve the issue by tomorrow 3 times and then I never heard another word from them again. I'm just about ready to give up on Amazon entirely for trade-ins, as if the NorAm changes in policy weren't bad enough already.

[quote name='shytface']Based on the way the crack was coming from the center of the disc out on my first game, I think they have an ape shit retard that's pulling games out of the case without pushing in the button properly. I don't know, I'll see what the damage is when I get it back. But I don't care what kind of godlike promo Amazon might offer next, I'm never fucking with this trade in thing again.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I've been reading way too many comments that sound just like this, so I'm thinking I may take the loss and just trade my games in somewhere else instead of having to deal with this.

Sounds like the lady that returned my 360 game at Toy's R Us the other day is the one handling the games for Amazon :) Bought the game at another Toy's R Us and get a read error every time I tried to play it on my 360, so I took it back to a Toy's R Us that is closer to me, they said I could return it but had to get the same thing. Went and looked and they didn't have the game. So they had to call a manager to approve the return, she comes over and opens up the case because she said "want to make sure you didn't chew it up or anything" and she laughed. She had fake nails on that were very long, so getting the disc out was quite the challenge and I was just waiting for it to crack, it didn't, but I'm pretty surprised that it didn't.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, sorry to hear about it and hopefully Amazon will take care of it.

Now I'm torn as to whether I should edit the number of copies of one piece I'm shipping to the right amount (2) or just send it as (3) even though I'm only including two. I don't want to get the whole order rejected, that'll just P-ss me off tremendously.

If you change the quantity, it'll change the TIV. If I was you I'd take the chance on sending 2 even if the order says 3.
What I said above in my other post should not be understood as that they will reject the order. I just said that they might.

[quote name='basketb']If you change the quantity, it'll change the TIV. If I was you I'd take the chance on sending 2 even if the order says 3.
What I said above in my other post should not be understood as that they will reject the order. I just said that they might.[/QUOTE]

That's actually the way I'm leaning (sending it with 2). One Piece is down to 14 TIV. I bought it for about 19 (with the tax included). So I'd lose WAY too much if I edit it. But I created one order with 3 copies and another order with 1 copy before the changes to the system were made) I originally thought I'd find 4 but didn't want to send all 4 at once. Anyway, the point is that I do have the option of sending the order that only has one copy so that I get the full 30 for one copy and then returning the other copy to GS.

If you can wait a few days I can let you know what they do with my order that's missing a game =P If it needs to be sent in by like tomorrow, mine probably won't be received yet. Scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

[quote name='Vortextk']If you can wait a few days I can let you know what they do with my order that's missing a game =P If it needs to be sent in by like tomorrow, mine probably won't be received yet. Scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I know the last day for me to mail One Piece was today so I assume it is the same for everyone else who locked it in at $30.

If I remember correctly, previously there was some words to the effect that they still accept the received ones, and just not give credit for the missing ones.[/QUOTE]

http://animation.videosift.com/video/Robot-Chicken-SW2-This-Deal-s-Getting-Worse-All-The-Time

Or, for the lazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp1DTvH3XRA

[quote name='io']Or just go ahead and cancel it - what's the problem?
[/QUOTE]
I did cancel it, though I found out you can't cancel after printing the shipping label unless you go back in the browser. I wasn't sure you could just let it expire without any problem.

[quote name='J7.']I did cancel it, though I found out you can't cancel after printing the shipping label unless you go back in the browser. I wasn't sure you could just let it expire without any problem.[/QUOTE]

See, now, once again weird differences in our Amazon accounts. I can always cancel even after editing and/or printing the label multiple times. But then again, like I said before I don't ever get those "tracking" buttons other people seem to get. Mine always just say "Edit" or "Cancel" - one day after I submit, after I ship, even a week later. It always just says that - no matter whether I choose USPS or UPS. In fact, I need to go right now and cancel my MGS4 shipment - yep, just a "Cancel" option now (since the shipping deadline has passed so the "Edit" option is gone). But sitting right here is my shipping label. Odd - but I guess it doesn't make much difference going forward with the way this deal is deteriorating.

By the way, still no acknowledgement from Gazelle about the package they received Tuesday. Oh wait, so according to my account it passed inspection and I should expect my Amazon card in like 2 weeks. I thought you people said they were good with the emails? I got nothing so far ;).

I got the tracking button from my last $30 promo submittal from last Weds. But I don't know when it showed up replacing the edit/cancel buttons.

Did UPS this time and it's taking longer than my last two USPS submittals. It's to be delivered tomorrow. 7 days for previous USPS vs. 9 days via UPS this time. bleh.

If anyone's familiar with Gazelle, I'm considering making a trade through there. I see Costco works with Gazelle, and I have a membership. Is there any benefit in using Costco's Gazelle service over the standard one? It seems like being bound to a Costco cash card would be one disadvantage.

[quote name='io']See, now, once again weird differences in our Amazon accounts. I can always cancel even after editing and/or printing the label multiple times. But then again, like I said before I don't ever get those "tracking" buttons other people seem to get. Mine always just say "Edit" or "Cancel" - one day after I submit, after I ship, even a week later. It always just says that - no matter whether I choose USPS or UPS. In fact, I need to go right now and cancel my MGS4 shipment - yep, just a "Cancel" option now (since the shipping deadline has passed so the "Edit" option is gone). But sitting right here is my shipping label. Odd - but I guess it doesn't make much difference going forward with the way this deal is deteriorating.

By the way, still no acknowledgement from Gazelle about the package they received Tuesday. Oh wait, so according to my account it passed inspection and I should expect my Amazon card in like 2 weeks. I thought you people said they were good with the emails? I got nothing so far ;).[/QUOTE]

Their email notifications are sketchy at best. I got one notification between 2 submissions. Then the second submission (which was sent 5 days after the first) was processed and accepted. The other one is still waiting to be accepted.

[quote name='Vortextk']Over the holidays?..[/QUOTE]

Should have been holiday since Monday was Labor Day (a federal holiday in which the mail would not be delivered).

It is best to assume that it is 3-day weekend b/c the productivity drops late Friday and is slow starting Tuesday. IMHO

[quote name='io']See, now, once again weird differences in our Amazon accounts. I can always cancel even after editing and/or printing the label multiple times. But then again, like I said before I don't ever get those "tracking" buttons other people seem to get. Mine always just say "Edit" or "Cancel" - one day after I submit, after I ship, even a week later. It always just says that - no matter whether I choose USPS or UPS. In fact, I need to go right now and cancel my MGS4 shipment - yep, just a "Cancel" option now (since the shipping deadline has passed so the "Edit" option is gone). But sitting right here is my shipping label. Odd - but I guess it doesn't make much difference going forward with the way this deal is deteriorating.
.[/QUOTE]
Well I canceled after printing shipping label but I did not actually get to the next screen, someone else said it takes away the edit/cancel buttons after you print, but I can't confirm or deny that myself. Maybe someone else can confirm one way or the other.

[quote name='gi60']Got my RB beatles bundle. Thx to 50% coupon. :)[/QUOTE]

Yep, got mine and already beat the game (and got the Day Tripper achievement) ;).

But that's cool, there's still lots to do (chapter challenges, getting 5-stars on all the songs, etc). Being able to get it for $99.99 definitely takes the sting out of it being fairly short and having to pay more for DLC later. And the Hofner is awesome although I haven't had a chance to play it yet (my son used it).

J7 - that's what I'm saying, I can go back to my account DAYS after printing the label and I still have "Edit" and "Cancel". It is like that right now. But others get tracking buttons - I can't figure out why they treat some accounts differently than others.

[quote name='J7.']Well I canceled after printing shipping label but I did not actually get to the next screen, someone else said it takes away the edit/cancel buttons after you print, but I can't confirm or deny that myself. Maybe someone else can confirm one way or the other.[/QUOTE]
That was me that stated the edit / cancel buttons go away.

Here is what I see after printing the label:

trackpackage.jpg

Did you guys get Beatles with Release Day shipping? I ordered it with that option and received it on the 9th as advertised.

If it only took you guys an extra day or two then i wouldn't have paid the extra $10. I have DJ Hero ordered w/ Release Day shipping and will probably cancel if the games come within a reasonable time.

Oh...anyone feel the Beatles Drums are underwhelming? I never had a drum set and it just feels cheap. Maybe they didn't really make any improvements like they have to the guitars.

[quote name='no_exit']That was me that stated the edit / cancel buttons go away.

Here is what I see after printing the label:

[/QUOTE]

Strange. It should only disappear if the label gets scanned.

I made two separate trade orders for Left 4 Dead and printed both labels (UPS). I put both trade orders in one box...so only one shipping label was actually used. The edit/cancel buttons disappeared for the label that got scanned.

2z3xjsl.jpg

I sent in 4 packages via UPS and never saw anything except the second type in your picture. It never updated with a track button even several days after it was mailed. The tracking worked fine if I went to the UPS site and entered the number I had copied down off the label before I mailed it - and if I hadn't copied it down I would have never known what it was.

Yeah, the Beatles RB drums are just Rock Band 2 drums with a few minor changes: white pads instead of dark grey, the pearl finish on the edges, "The Beatles" written on the foot pedal, and the pop-up tent thing that passes for the bass drum cover (with "The Beatles" on it). Funny thing about that bass drum cover - my kids thought of pop-up tents (the kind they set up in the living room to play with) almost immediately when we took that out of the package.

Now I'm stuck with useless RB2 drums - I may try to Craigslist them and get like $30 for 'em if I can. Of course I paid $90 for those a year ago and we've barely used them. I just finished playing through Beatles RB with my son earlier today and we didn't even use the drums :lol:.

Oh, and I have the PS3 God of War Collection in my quick picks today (for $35.14)! I'm tempted because I've never played the originals. The problem is, I don't see myself playing these any time either. And yet, after ECA and a $30 code it will be close to free. And I need to use those codes on something - we are going to start running out of time on those before we realize it! I guess it is kind of a no-brainer to lock that in while it's there and ECA works. It says it comes out on Dec 31st so I have plenty of time to cancel it and order something else if need be.

so for anyone keeping track of my gazelle trade in status, i finally got to the next step! i sent the order out last wedns, it got accepted this monday (surprising since it was labor day), but since then it had only said that my order was being prepared for inspection. today (thurs) i used the online chat on their site and talked to the rep about this. she told me it can take up to 5 days and if i don't have an update by monday then contact them again. but about 4 hours later, i got an update email telling me the order had gotten inspected and i would be getting my gift card in 3-5 days.

[quote name='y2jasper']so for anyone keeping track of my gazelle trade in status, i finally got to the next step! i sent the order out last wedns, it got accepted this monday (surprising since it was labor day), but since then it had only said that my order was being prepared for inspection. today (thurs) i used the online chat on their site and talked to the rep about this. she told me it can take up to 5 days and if i don't have an update by monday then contact them again. but about 4 hours later, i got an update email telling me the order had gotten inspected and i would be getting my gift card in 3-5 days.[/QUOTE]

Same here (ship date, received date) but I have three items and they have been inspecting them at a rate of one per day.

Traded in Arkham Asylum and L4D on Tuesday, scheduled to be delivered Monday via USPS. Going to apply the credit to either ODST or DIRT 2.

[quote name='y2jasper']so for anyone keeping track of my gazelle trade in status, i finally got to the next step! i sent the order out last wedns, it got accepted this monday (surprising since it was labor day), but since then it had only said that my order was being prepared for inspection. today (thurs) i used the online chat on their site and talked to the rep about this. she told me it can take up to 5 days and if i don't have an update by monday then contact them again. but about 4 hours later, i got an update email telling me the order had gotten inspected and i would be getting my gift card in 3-5 days.[/QUOTE]

I opted for a paypal payment and the date they said I would receive it by was 13 days out! Anyone take paypal? how long did it actually take?

update: got my money and it took 3 days after acceptance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back