Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
My last "pre-nerf" trade got accepted this morning. I got in 4 copies of WSOP. Also, I traded in silent hill experience and KOTOR II which had been rejected once already for missing packaging. I printed out covers from online and somehow that worked...

Hopefully I'll get my $30 coupon soon.

LOL - Amazon has told people that they don't control the trade ins and that NorAm does. Neither wants to accept responsibility. IMHO, Amazon needs to, as it's their name that's up in lights, not NorAm's.

I think Wii Grand Slam Tennis is the unofficial trade-in DOTD, it went from $24 to $30 last night, and it was the only increase. Oddly enough, nothing dropped, including the previous DOTD.

[quote name='converse']I think Wii Grand Slam Tennis is the unofficial trade-in DOTD, it went from $24 to $30 last night, and it was the only increase. Oddly enough, nothing dropped, including the previous DOTD.[/QUOTE]
This is bizarre because that's the exact same TOTD they had last Saturday. Looks like something goofed up on their end, like they forgot to upload the deals for this week.

My one and only package was accepted today. Got the $68 GC on my account. Waiting on the $30 code. Don't know what the heck I'm gonna buy, but I'm happy to turn $20 into $98 credit.

Hey guys, I used a 50% percent off code for Dj Hero a couple weeks ago. I know that the coupon expired at the end of August. I signed up for the ECA membership today, and I wanted to use a 10% off on it, but I didn't want to cancel it and lose the 50% off. Do you guys know if the coupon will disappear if I cancel my order. Thanks!

[quote name='Japakneez']If we do that we'll get several more annoying posts asking for promos. We just can't yell at them like we can now when the status is clearly listed in the title :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

My issue is with the "yet" part of the title, as it implies that there will indeed be another promo, something that is unknown at best.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']My issue is with the "yet" part of the title, as it implies that there will indeed be another promo, something that is unknown at best.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it needs to be updated to 'No Current Promotion'.

[quote name='no_exit']Dark days are upon us...

No more trade-in promo's, possibility that the trade-in dotd is gone, and the possibility that the Amazon 10% discount could be gone as of Oct 1.

On the bright side, it was a great summer for getting some good deals. And Black Friday is in a few months.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I hit the jackpot at a yardsale last weekend and really wanna dump off the Gamecube games I got.

well i sent in my package on the 4th with UPS and the tracking number hasn't updated anything and they still haven't received my stuff, im wondering if i just got screwed out of my RE5, CoD4, Gears2, and a shitty Harry potter movie.

alright guys just printed out the ups postage for arkham asylum. cant believe they're actually giving me 39.50 bucks for this .
this plus the 20 dollar toysrus gift card mean i basically played this game for free!!!
Best free game ever.

Ouch, my trade-in received this morning with the missing game is still processing. Come on guys, just deduct that game and take it please =P

So here's another little thing amazon seems to be catching. The other day I locked in a batman and 3x UFC trade (when ufc was the TIDOTD). At that time, batman was 37.50 and UFC got 30 that day. So I just edited the number of UFC's for experimentation (Because the values of both batman and UFC are now Higher than they were)...well the values STAYED at the lower amount. So even though they will apparently automatically reduce if the TIV went down, it doesn't seem as if they automatically increase (during editing) if the TIV went up since you submitted the trade.

Hooray! TIDOTD is Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (X360) for $34.00

P.S. I'm just glad there IS a TIDOTD again. Was getting a little worried there.

[quote name='Vortextk']Ouch, my trade-in received this morning with the missing game is still processing. Come on guys, just deduct that game and take it please =P[/QUOTE]

My one and only delayed submission (where it showed as "Processing" at all vs just being instantly credited) was my one submission where I left off 3 games because I could no longer edit the quantity (mailed it on the last day possible). After 4 days it was finally accepted - so I'd say you have a good chance there. They could have instantly rejected it.

[quote name='ds0gt']alright guys just printed out the ups postage for arkham asylum. cant believe they're actually giving me 39.50 bucks for this .
this plus the 20 dollar toysrus gift card mean i basically played this game for free!!!
Best free game ever.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='backseatdog']some of these trade in deals are very good actually. It really does seem like promos are gone and in lieu of them are better trade in values.[/QUOTE]

Other than maybe the one mentioned above what are the great values? I've been comparing lots of games uisng the Gamecrazy iPhone app and the new TRU trade-in system and Amazon/NorAm fails big time with almost every game I check - and by huge margins in most cases. Without a promo deal they are nearly useless.

[quote name='dualedge2']Hooray! TIDOTD is Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (X360) for $34.00[/QUOTE]

Is it available cheap somewhere or is that just a "hooray!" for the trade-in DotD being back? ;)

[quote name='Vortextk']Ouch, my trade-in received this morning with the missing game is still processing. Come on guys, just deduct that game and take it please =P[/QUOTE]

My one and only delayed submission (where it showed as "Processing" at all vs just being instantly credited) was my one submission where I left off 3 games because I could no longer edit the quantity (mailed it on the last day possible). After 4 days it was finally accepted - so I'd say you have a good chance there. They could have instantly rejected it.

[quote name='ds0gt']alright guys just printed out the ups postage for arkham asylum. cant believe they're actually giving me 39.50 bucks for this .

[quote name='backseatdog']some of these trade in deals are very good actually. It really does seem like promos are gone and in lieu of them are better trade in values.[/QUOTE]

Other than maybe the one mentioned above what are the great values? I've been comparing lots of games using the Gamecrazy iPhone app and the new TRU trade-in system and Amazon/NorAm fails big time with almost every game I check - and by huge margins in most cases. Without a promo deal they are nearly useless.

[quote name='dualedge2']Hooray! TIDOTD is Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (X360) for $34.00[/QUOTE]

Is it available cheap somewhere or is that just a "hooray!" for the trade-in DotD being back? ;)

Other than maybe the one mentioned above what are the great values? I've been comparing lots of games using the Gamecrazy iPhone app and the new TRU trade-in system and Amazon/NorAm fails big time with almost every game I check - and by huge margins in most cases. Without a promo deal they are nearly useless.

Well, in completely unrelated I news I got my X41 headphones in today. That was the second thing I ended up getting with the 50% off coupon (after Beatles Rock Band SE of course). Not sure when I'll get around to opening them up though. Of course, what shows up in my gold box quick picks on that account the very day they arrive but the damn X40 headphones :wall:.

On my main account I had some decent stuff: Magna Carta 2, Lost Planet 2, and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain. I was very tempted by Magna Carta 2 but I'm holding out hope of being able to get it cheap down the line and I have no idea how good it will be (there's almost no reporting on it on the web even though Amazon says it comes out in less than a month). I ended up bundling Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain and Demon's Souls LE (using a $30 code as well of course) to maximize use of what may soon be hard to come by ECA codes. I gave up on waiting for Demon's Souls to show up as a gold box quick pick. As nice as that would have been, the additional discount would only be $3.50 and I didn't want to risk the preorders being pulled for the LE or the ECA codes not working at all.

It is interesting how they apply the $30 code to a multi-game order. I got $6.63 off Kingdom Hearts (which was $18.99 after gold box discount) and $23.37 off Demon's Souls. It seems to be based off the original price before any discounts (so, $19.99 and $69.99 - it then applied the $30 coupon proportional to those values).

Well seeing how we don't have an official trade-in for the DVDs I'm sure all of it works the same other than deals so I'm going to ask here. I think you have to send in with the dvds atleast 50 bucks worth so my question is do you all just send that in or send in everything you have to send in. I have about 100 bucks worth of dvds to send yet I don't know about how large of a box I will need. Also do you use packing or just put the games/dvds in the box and ship it?

[quote name='io']Well, in completely unrelated I news I got my X41 headphones in today. That was the second thing I ended up getting with the 50% off coupon (after Beatles Rock Band SE of course). Not sure when I'll get around to opening them up though. Of course, what shows up in my gold box quick picks on that account the very day they arrive but the damn X40 headphones :wall:.

On my main account I had some decent stuff: Magna Carta 2, Lost Planet 2, and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain. I was very tempted by Magna Carta 2 but I'm holding out hope of being able to get it cheap down the line and I have no idea how good it will be (there's almost no reporting on it on the web even though Amazon says it comes out in less than a month). I ended up bundling Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain and Demon's Souls LE (using a $30 code as well of course) to maximize use of what may soon be hard to come by ECA codes. I gave up on waiting for Demon's Souls to show up as a gold box quick pick. As nice as that would have been, the additional discount would only be $3.50 and I didn't want to risk the preorders being pulled for the LE or the ECA codes not working at all.

It is interesting how they apply the $30 code to a multi-game order. I got $6.63 off Kingdom Hearts (which was $18.99 after gold box discount) and $23.37 off Demon's Souls. It seems to be based off the original price before any discounts (so, $19.99 and $69.99 - it then applied the $30 coupon proportional to those values).[/QUOTE]

IGN has info on Magna Carta 2, but they have it listed as Magnacarta 2 and I found this video trailer at Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/5220879/magna-carta-2-debut-trailer

I figured I'd ask here, since I've at least seen io post about how his promo codes stacked;

How do you guys get promotions to stack? I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with an Amazon CSR because I applied a $10 off code for Wii Sports Resort, and I thought I had enough to cover it, being that I already had a $5 promo credit plus $30 off from the previous trade in offer, and also ECA codes.

Well I enter the $10 code and 10 bucks comes off. ECA isn't working now because it has been raped by the GI Magazine offer, and entering my $30 code overrode my $10 Wii Sports Resort one, and my $5 credit.

I had to call Amazon to get the $30 one removed, and now the lady, although nice, said she will manually re-add my $30 credit once I place my order for Wii Sports Resort. So now I have to go add some cash to my bank account tomorrow so I can pay out of pocket what should've been free to begin with.

[quote name='sendme']Well seeing how we don't have an official trade-in for the DVDs I'm sure all of it works the same other than deals so I'm going to ask here. I think you have to send in with the dvds atleast 50 bucks worth so my question is do you all just send that in or send in everything you have to send in. I have about 100 bucks worth of dvds to send yet I don't know about how large of a box I will need. Also do you use packing or just put the games/dvds in the box and ship it?[/QUOTE]

50? Where did you get this from? Last time i checked i think $10 was the minimum. Trade in Help is here..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo..._rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=477633611&pf_rd_i=979418011

i would answer your question but i don't quite get what you're trying to say :whistle2:s

I guess I read it wrong. I thought atleast with the DVDs trade in it was 50 bucks works had to be traded in at a time. As for my question do most just send in the minimum amount for the trade to go or everything they have to send if it is more than 10 bucks worth. Also do you just put the stuff in a box and send it or do you put some sort of packing in the box and then send it?

[quote name='io']My one and only delayed submission (where it showed as "Processing" at all vs just being instantly credited) was my one submission where I left off 3 games because I could no longer edit the quantity (mailed it on the last day possible). After 4 days it was finally accepted - so I'd say you have a good chance there. They could have instantly rejected it.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Are most rejections pretty instantaneous? Lucky so far that nothing has been denied, but everything has looked pretty good with all items included.

Just thought I'd update. Some games I sent in a day late (because the print button disappeared on Amazon's account page) were accepted yesterday with no trouble. Now to wait for my extra $30 off coupon codes. :)

[quote name='lolwut?']
How do you guys get promotions to stack? I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with an Amazon CSR because I applied a $10 off code for Wii Sports Resort, and I thought I had enough to cover it, being that I already had a $5 promo credit plus $30 off from the previous trade in offer, and also ECA codes.
[/QUOTE]

It appears that the codes for game-specific discounts do not stack with the $30 promo code. I had the same thing happen with the $5 off Kingdom Hearts for DS. I didn't want to deal with the customer service hassle and luckily there was something else in my Gold Box quick picks I wanted anyway so I just ordered that to use up the $30 and then ordered KH with just the $5 discount (ECA stacked in both cases of course).

The only promo I've seen stack with the $30 was the $10 off credit from preordering Guitar Hero 5 - maybe because that was an "auto" credit and not a code you enter. I'm guessing they probably only allow one $ off discount code per order.

[quote name='Vortextk']Good to know. Are most rejections pretty instantaneous? Lucky so far that nothing has been denied, but everything has looked pretty good with all items included.[/QUOTE]

When I had my rejections for missing manual and cracked disc they sent that out right away - never saw the order "Processing" like with the missing games. But it could be that they are reviewing the order and deciding what to do with it too. I sent an email to the president of Noram about it after a few days and made the point that I sent it in on time but the Amazon trade-in page would not allow me to edit it so I couldn't delete those couple of games I no longer wanted to send in. I got the credit the next day after my email but I have no idea if that really made a difference as they didn't write back to the email - could have just been a coincidence on the timing.

[quote name='sendme']I guess I read it wrong. I thought atleast with the DVDs trade in it was 50 bucks works had to be traded in at a time. As for my question do most just send in the minimum amount for the trade to go or everything they have to send if it is more than 10 bucks worth. Also do you just put the stuff in a box and send it or do you put some sort of packing in the box and then send it?[/QUOTE]

I usually keep packaging from older orders so i always have some leftover. If not, i will stuff some grocery bags and/or newspaper ads in the box. You want to make sure items don't move around when in transit. I always write fragile on my packages as well. That should have you covered.

What and how much you trade is dependent on a lot of factors...

- A purchase you need to make now or in the near future
- Limited time promos (amazon doesn't have any for dvds)
- Competing promos and TIVs from other sites (check fye and goozex)
- You have a new release for trade. (The TIV will degrade over time)
- Market fluctuations. Sometimes a deal pop-ups that will kill your TIV...better dump your item quick. Happens quite often thanks to CAG and slickdeals :lol:

If you just have stuff lying around then i wouldn't worry about it. Especially dvds since there isn't much reason for them to fluctuate much. But if you need credit to make a purchase then go ahead and trade what you need to give you enough credit for it.

It does seem like some prices have gone up. Arkham Asylum for 360 is now $41 which is pretty damn good for a trade-in value. They still suck on the lower end though - Gamecrazy and TRU seems to have them beat for most things under $20.

Sweet, they finally accepted my last order. That and the only 30$ coupon I had(man I wish I could've gotten more of those =/) just paid off both demon's souls deluxe and brutal legend. Can't wait for october.

[quote name='io']It does seem like some prices have gone up. Arkham Asylum for 360 is now $41 which is pretty damn good for a trade-in value. They still suck on the lower end though - Gamecrazy and TRU seems to have them beat for most things under $20.[/QUOTE]

Especially with the current 3/$10, 4/$20 promo at GS now.

Just got credit for my last trade-in (One Piece). I sent this one in "blind" (via USPS media mail and didn't purchase DC). It beat UPS though - mailed the 9th, credited the 15th (whereas via UPS it would have taken at least until the 17th to get there).

This was my last trade and unless they bring back a promo may be it for a while. I'll still keep an eye out for the oddball DotD (like this One Piece) but otherwise things will slow down considerably as they apparently have for everyone else judging by the lack of posts in this thread ;).

I'm still waiting for credit from Gazelle on some other stuff I sent a long time before. At least NorAm is pretty speedy with the processing once they get them.

[quote name='io']This was my last trade and unless they bring back a promo may be it for a while. I'll still keep an eye out for the oddball DotD (like this One Piece) but otherwise things will slow down considerably as they apparently have for everyone else judging by the lack of posts in this thread ;).[/QUOTE]
Amazon trading was dead the minute the $30 promotion expired.

io, im waiting on gazelle to. i shipped my order out on wedns, two weeks ago, (sept 1st). it was received last mon (sept 7th). it then got verified on thurs (sept 10th)...and now i'm waiting for the actual gift cards (almost 2 weeks later). if it wasn't for the fact i doubled my money with this order, i would be annoyed heh.

[quote name='y2jasper']io, im waiting on gazelle to. i shipped my order out on wedns, two weeks ago, (sept 1st). it was received last mon (sept 7th). it then got verified on thurs (sept 10th)...and now i'm waiting for the actual gift cards (almost 2 weeks later). if it wasn't for the fact i doubled my money with this order, i would be annoyed heh.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Gazelle is REALLY slow getting payments out. One of my boxes arrived on the 28th, was accepted on the 3rd, and I still have not received credit from them even though they said I'd get paid in "3 to 5 days." Tomorrow is the day that they originally said I "should" receive payment by so I guess we'll see what happens...

They've been good in terms of updates when they happen but they are still very slow with payment.

EDIT: Well they are slow but I did get my first amazon gift card from them on the night before the day they said I "should" get it by and it worked like a charm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else waiting for their last $30 promotion from Amazon? My last set of 2x $60 games was accepted, gift cards deposited on Saturday, but no $30 x2 promotional codes yet.... Getting antsy!

[quote name='sabanoo']Yeah Gazelle is REALLY slow getting payments out. One of my boxes arrived on the 28th, was accepted on the 3rd, and I still have not received credit from them even though they said I'd get paid in "3 to 5 days." Tomorrow is the day that they originally said I "should" receive payment by so I guess we'll see what happens...

They've been good in terms of updates when they happen but they are still very slow with payment.
[/QUOTE]

I have found this (good in terms of updates) not to be the case. I have sent 4 different orders on, 2 on my account, 2 on my wife's account. I have gotten pretty much half the updates I expected. On 2 I got notice that they received but hadn't processed (nothing on the other 2). And now I've gotten notice of acceptance of 2 but not the others - and yet when I look on the accounts they have all been accepted. The problem is that on my wife's account (where I got the received notice but not the acceptance notice) they marked them as being worse condition than I said. I sent in two pretty mint Onechanbaras on one order and they marked them as just "Good" instead of perfect. It is really hard to tell from the transaction page how this effects the amount I'm getting whereas in the emails they sent me it is spelled out pretty clearly. In any case, once i get the credit I guess it doesn't matter too much as long as it doesn't get docked a lot. They even marked the brand new sealed Vesperia's I sent as "Good" instead of "Perfect".

Actually, I looked again and it seems to have changed. I got "perfect" on my wife's Vesperia trade-ins (swear it said "good" before). The Onechanbaras are still marked as "good". It still seems like I'm getting the amount I expected though. Does it show on the page when you log in if you got a lower value? It says payment expected by 9/29 and shows me the amount I should have gotten. Like I said I never got an email about those so I can't see what they said there.

Ah, I just checked my account and it was one of the Vesperia's on mine that was marked good instead of perfect. I think on my shipment I sent one sealed one and one that was actually my own copy - though it was a perfect mint one I hand-picked at GS (for $55 :cry:) about a year ago (and never played). So it seems they pretty much reserve "perfect" for factory-sealed games as all the actual used ones I sent in got marked as just "good" even though they were near-mint.

Still, though, it seems like I'm getting all the Amazon dough I expected anyway.

Speaking of Amazon, the trade-in deal of the day is an interesting one: Phantasy Star Universe for the 360 for $22.

I actually have my own copy of this that I beat a long time ago and have absolutely no interest in playing again. I was sort of into collecting RPGs so I'm hesitant to trade it. The funny thing is that, as usual, when NorAm comes up with a game like this I'm curious as to why. Checking eBay I see that this game has gained some value. It used to be common clearance fodder ($4 at Kmart and such) but that was a while ago. It still doesn't sell great in used condition, though it is more than I expected ($20-$25, so NorAm's price is pretty good). But NEW copies are selling for $50+!

GS seems to have it in good supply for $19.99. So if nothing else it is a potential minor flip of GS credit ($18 -> $22). It would have been a winner for sure during the $30 promo. In any case, I locked in one in case I decide to part with mine or pick up a GS copy. I may lock in a pair tomorrow if it is still up. I'll leave that to fate ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back