Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I receive my first Amazon gift card from Gazelle this morning. The package contents were fully accepted on Sept 7. That was my first package that I sent in, so now the rest of the codes should come rolling in later this week.

[quote name='io']Speaking of Amazon, the trade-in deal of the day is an interesting one: Phantasy Star Universe for the 360 for $22.[/QUOTE]

This game brings back memories. It was the very first game I flipped from Amazon to Blockbuster at the end of 2006, beginning of 2007. Too bad used copies aren't more common in my area, I still have GS credit I'd like to move over to Amazon.

Heavy Rain entered my goldbox, not sure if I should preorder or wait for preorder bonuses, deals, etc. Two questions 1) If I ordered it now with my $30 code could I add ECA code later? 2) Could I order now and cancel months from now and still reuse the $30 code, i.e. no time limit on waiting to cancel/reuse other than code expiration?

I'm thinking this is probably the same question as the one regarding Greatest Hits versions in the OP, but does anyone know if trading in the GameStop version of The Conduit would cause any issues? Not sure if the UPC is different or if it's just the packaging.

[quote name='WilliamG']Anyone else waiting for their last $30 promotion from Amazon? My last set of 2x $60 games was accepted, gift cards deposited on Saturday, but no $30 x2 promotional codes yet.... Getting antsy![/QUOTE]

Exactly the same here but I only sent in one set. Hopefully they'll send out the code in the next day or so.

[quote name='sabanoo']Yeah Gazelle is REALLY slow getting payments out. One of my boxes arrived on the 28th, was accepted on the 3rd, and I still have not received credit from them even though they said I'd get paid in "3 to 5 days." Tomorrow is the day that they originally said I "should" receive payment by so I guess we'll see what happens...

They've been good in terms of updates when they happen but they are still very slow with payment.

EDIT: Well they are slow but I did get my first amazon gift card from them on the night before the day they said I "should" get it by and it worked like a charm.[/QUOTE]

Your best bet for Gazelle would be to SIGN IN to your account and check the status. Gazelle may "tell" you 3-5 days, but right under where it says...

"Your item has passed inspection!"

...it will tell you the REAL date to expect payment. For example, mine says this:

"Your item has passed inspection!"
Estimated Payment by 09/25/2009 via Check

Something like that.

So, while Gazelle sent me a confirmation mail on September 14, 2009, and said "We should send you the payment for $xx.xx in 3 to 5 days", it's more likely that I'll RECEIVE the check by September 25.

^^^ Yeah, that's they only way I know because like I said they didn't even send me the emails on a couple of orders. My question is does the amount shown on that page reflect what they actually pay you? The reason I ask is that it matches my initial estimate which was based on "perfect" games and they downgraded them to "good". I was wondering where it is that you see if they dock money off your trade-in for the condition.

On a big amazon order, it shows all my games being shipped to me a week after release(fsss), so they WILL all ship out right after release and won't be held back right? I thought I had put a few games together before and they weren't being shipped until all of them released, guess I was wrong, but I want to make sure.

I'm guessing I should be able to cancel months from now and still be able to reuse the $30 code, but still not sure if you can add ECA later on already ordered items? Someone in the other thread posted this RE in getting a code applied to a pre-order that hasn't shipped:

"but today they made the change, saying that they couldn't add the code for some reason but reduced the price of my order by $10 anyway. :whee:"

In checking Amazon's Trade-In Xbox360 page, where Phantasy Star Universe is located, it is NOT $22. It shows up as $11, so if you want that Game Crazy deal to work for you, it still does. Just not as well as it could've yesterday.

[quote name='dualedge2']In checking Amazon's Trade-In Xbox360 page, where Phantasy Star Universe is located, it is NOT $22. It shows up as $11, so if you want that Game Crazy deal to work for you, it still does. Just not as well as it could've yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, because it was yesterday's trade-in deal of the day. Today's is PS1 Castlevania Symphony of the Night for $19.

But actually, denshaotoko's post was not too late as it was still a few hours before the DotD changed. It spurred me to submit my second order since between the two chains (GS and GC) I have a decent chance of finding 2 or 3 copies.

So, in the end, I did lock in 3 copies of PSU at $22. It looks to be readily available at GS (but who knows what the condition is like) for $17.99 after Edge. I'll hope (in vain) for a good weekly coupon Friday. I'll also check out my local GC and ask them to check stock around the area.

I think the way to approach these DotD trades is how I did it with this one. I submitted one trade of 1 copy, and 1 of 2 copies. That way I don't have to edit them (and deal with the shenanigans there of values changing and whatnot) or worry about them accepting less than I committed to. If I find 1, I send that order in. If I find 2, I use the other. If I manage to get 3 I send both - works out well when there isn't a minimum threshold to reach for a promo.

True, but the TIVs were different. It had remembered that I checked for PSU yesterday and showed it at $22. However...when I checked the alphabetical listing for it in the Xbox360 page, it was $11.

[quote name='WilliamG']Just thought I'd update. Some games I sent in a day late (because the print button disappeared on Amazon's account page) were accepted yesterday with no trouble. Now to wait for my extra $30 off coupon codes. :)[/QUOTE]

have you received the 30$ coupons yet? Im waiting on 5 still, all from last minute trade-ins.

Amazon's response to my question about the Conduit Special Edition was to reiterate the terms that I had asked about in my original email, so I'll have to debate whether I want to send it in anyway and hope for the best or just eBay it. Is there any contact information for NorAm directly?

I had a trade in accepted that was created on august 25th and was supposed to be sent out by September 2nd by UPS.. I sent it out on the Sept 11th and it just got credited this morning on the 17th.. I dont think it really matters when you send in your trade, you just have to beat the 25 day window they give you before Amazon sends you a notice that your trade in has expired.

[quote name='io'] I think the way to approach these DotD trades is how I did it with this one. I submitted one trade of 1 copy, and 1 of 2 copies. That way I don't have to edit them (and deal with the shenanigans there of values changing and whatnot) or worry about them accepting less than I committed to. If I find 1, I send that order in. If I find 2, I use the other. If I manage to get 3 I send both - works out well when there isn't a minimum threshold to reach for a promo.[/QUOTE]

Yup that's what I did. Already found 3 PSU for my account so I also locked in a 2+1 order on my g/fs account.

Now, if you do find 3 io, will you put them all in the same box or two different packages?

[quote name='botticus']I'm thinking this is probably the same question as the one regarding Greatest Hits versions in the OP, but does anyone know if trading in the GameStop version of The Conduit would cause any issues? Not sure if the UPC is different or if it's just the packaging.[/QUOTE]

I traded in a Conduit Special Edition through Amazon and it was accepted.

[quote name='edson13']have you received the 30$ coupons yet? Im waiting on 5 still, all from last minute trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

Nope, nothing yet. :(

Amazon deposited credit for my Left 4 Dead games on the 11th. I'm expecting two $30 coupons by the 21st.

Gazelle received my games on the 11th, approved my credit on the 16th, and should deposit paypal credit anywhere from the 19th to 22nd.

I have a bestbuy order that i sent via free MediaMail shipping on the 14th. They say it will take around 2 weeks for me to receive my gift card after they confirm my trade contents. They seem to be the weakest. Even the printing label was kinda messed up. The address was so long that the address printed on the label in very small text. gahh.

[quote name='mitemouse']I had a trade in accepted that was created on august 25th and was supposed to be sent out by September 2nd by UPS.. I sent it out on the Sept 11th and it just got credited this morning on the 17th.. I dont think it really matters when you send in your trade, you just have to beat the 25 day window they give you before Amazon sends you a notice that your trade in has expired.[/QUOTE]
It's certainly YMMV.

so after sending my gazelle trade in out on the 1st, i finally got the credit for my order today, 16 days later. kind of slow, but other then that it went smoothly.

[quote name='io']I think the way to approach these DotD trades is how I did it with this one. I submitted one trade of 1 copy, and 1 of 2 copies. That way I don't have to edit them (and deal with the shenanigans there of values changing and whatnot) or worry about them accepting less than I committed to. If I find 1, I send that order in. If I find 2, I use the other. If I manage to get 3 I send both - works out well when there isn't a minimum threshold to reach for a promo.[/QUOTE]

Genius dude!

Oh, the sweet taste of success. I forgot you can send prime to others, and signed up for a month free on my mom's account and sent myself an invite, I had already used mine awhile ago. Just upgraded everything in my one huge order to 2day shipping for free, versus the like 10 days of fsss. It really is unfortunate that trading in to amazon has nearly died, it's such a great place to buy from.

[quote name='Vortextk']Oh, the sweet taste of success. I forgot you can send prime to others, and signed up for a month free on my mom's account and sent myself an invite, I had already used mine awhile ago. Just upgraded everything in my one huge order to 2day shipping for free, versus the like 10 days of fsss. It really is unfortunate that trading in to amazon has nearly died, it's such a great place to buy from.[/QUOTE]
I guess in not following this thread I've missed why Amazon isn't worth trading into without deals. For the 5 games I'm sending in this week, they're better than TRU, GS only beats it by a few bucks including their promo (and eBay is only a few bucks beyond that), and considering I save a good 25% on Amazon orders, there's really no question of the better deal.

I only feel stupid for not realizing I had $66 worth of games to trade in a couple weeks ago when I could have gotten another $30.

Right, they CAN be better still, just like GS or TRU can be better, depending what games you have and who is doing what for deals. But the promo's pushed amazon so far ahead of the competition it wasn't even a question of who you should trade with. I mean, I still sent in a bunch of games two weeks ago, promo-less, and walked out with like 50% more than what I paid for. That was with buy1get1 at my BBV though and without any game sales at other locations or promos at amazon, I imagine you're really going to have to try if you want to flip anything and that'll probably just be a few titles at a time sporadically. Not all of us live by 2 gamecrazy's and 3 gamestops to pick from, unfortunately =/

Though trading to gs now seems pointless for me personally since I really have nearly every used game I want and 60$ + tax versus 53/56$ + eca + no tax, well, that's just simple math =P

Well, the tax thing is not an issue for me. Buying from GS does have a few advantages. For example there is the occasional GS exclusive preorder bonus (ie, Scribblenauts hat - see my new avatar ;)). Also, you can get the game the day it comes out. I have Prime and release-day shipping is only available on a few games. But for Mario & Luigi for example, I'm supposed to get it today even though it came out, what, on Monday? Still, for 95% of games I don't need them release day anyway and having them delivered vs driving 20 miles round trip to GS is very convenient.

The only one I'm going to have a problem with this week is Katamari Forever. It supposedly comes out today or tomorrow, and Amazon will ship it so it gets here Monday - the day I start my week-long work trip :cry:. I would have loved to have gotten that on Thurs/Fri and played it over the weekend. I suppose I could buy a copy somewhere and then return the Amazon one when it comes in, but I never liked doing that.

Still, though, it's tough to beat the price I got on it at Amazon: $46.99 - $2.35 (gold box) - $4.70 (ECA) - $30 (trade-in promo code) = $9.94 in trade-in credit (like, what I got from just one $5 HWV game).

Oh, just checking email it seems I got two Amazon gift cards from Gazelle - so it seems like they did a big GC processing run today as everyone is getting them all at once.

[quote name='Vortextk']Oh, the sweet taste of success. I forgot you can send prime to others, and signed up for a month free on my mom's account and sent myself an invite, I had already used mine awhile ago. Just upgraded everything in my one huge order to 2day shipping for free, versus the like 10 days of fsss. It really is unfortunate that trading in to amazon has nearly died, it's such a great place to buy from.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if I were to send someone who has NOT yet used their free trial an invite if it would count as their trial. Would be nice to be able to get their free trial next year, while giving them free Prime this year.

[quote name='io']I suppose I could buy a copy somewhere and then return the Amazon one when it comes in, but I never liked doing that.[/QUOTE]
The way I see it, they're not making a sale off you anyways if you don't, so doing this isn't hurting them one way or the other.

A question: these Amazon gift cards from Gazelle are generic, right? Ie, they aren't tied to a specific account? So I could take the ones I got via my wife's account and apply them to my account, right? I'd rather have as much credit as possible in once place (and given an off-the-wall trade-in like Vesperia it is thus possible to "transfer" credit from one Amazon account to another that way - though it is somewhat convoluted ;)).

[quote name='io']A question: these Amazon gift cards from Gazelle are generic, right? Ie, they aren't tied to a specific account? So I could take the ones I got via my wife's account and apply them to my account, right? I'd rather have as much credit as possible in once place (and given an off-the-wall trade-in like Vesperia it is thus possible to "transfer" credit from one Amazon account to another that way - though it is somewhat convoluted ;)).[/QUOTE]

Just got mine today and it's just a code.

OK, well I'll try applying hers (assuming she also got them today - haven't checked actually) and let you know how it goes.

Edit: Success!

To summarize my Gazelle transactions (now that they are complete):

* 5 x Tales of Vesperia purchased with $67.40 in Amazon credit -> $127.10 in Amazon credit via Gazelle
(and as an added bonus one of those was my near mint but still used GS copy - replaced it with a new one from Amazon)
* 2 x Onechanbara 360 purchased with $14.99 of BBV credit -> $38.60 in Amazon credit via Gazelle

(and note that 4 of those Vesperia I bought after they came back in stock much later in the day so I'm glad that happened)

Not bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd clean it up as much as possible (whether that means removing the stickers or giving it a new case). There's no need to give them any reason to reject it.

So I have a question. I know if you cancel a preorder where you used one of the $30 codes it shows up ready to use for your next order. But what happens if you cancel more than one order? Has anyone done this? Does it keep track of all of them and use them for the next few orders or do the earlier ones get wiped out? Because of the ECA wackiness I'd like to cancel a few, see if they show up as gold box quick picks again, and then reorder them. But I'm worried about cancelling more than 1 at a time - but clearly I'd like to as I'd need to try to get some back as gold box picks before the end of Sept.

[quote name='io']I'd clean it up as much as possible (whether that means removing the stickers or giving it a new case). There's no need to give them any reason to reject it.

So I have a question. I know if you cancel a preorder where you used one of the $30 codes it shows up ready to use for your next order. But what happens if you cancel more than one order? Has anyone done this? Does it keep track of all of them and use them for the next few orders or do the earlier ones get wiped out? Because of the ECA wackiness I'd like to cancel a few, see if they show up as gold box quick picks again, and then reorder them. But I'm worried about cancelling more than 1 at a time - but clearly I'd like to as I'd need to try to get some back as gold box picks before the end of Sept.[/QUOTE]
When the ECA codes went down and I needed some codes, I canceled two orders, each with a $30 promo. When I placed a new order a $30 promo was applied. Then later I placed another order and the other $30 promo was applied to that order.

fyi: I sent 2 out of 3 games last week without modifying (since it loses value if I did that), and received all credit for the 2 games.

Also sent 1 out of 3, and also received the credit for that 1 game.

It spent a day in "processing" status though...

[quote name='edson13']I just received my 5 $30.00 codes from my 8/31 trade-ins[/QUOTE]

Me too finally. Received DC on 9/9, credit on 9/12, promo today.

Made some updates below...

[quote name='Japakneez']Amazon deposited credit for my Left 4 Dead games on the 11th. I received two $30 coupons on the 18th.

Gazelle received my games on the 11th, approved my credit on the 16th, and deposited paypal credit on the 18th.

I have a bestbuy order that i sent via free MediaMail shipping on the 14th. It arrived on the 17th. They will mail out my gift card in the next 7 days.

[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy was fast to approve but seems to be the weakest place to trade mainly because everything is MSRP and they have poor sales. But I am hoping to do a pricematch w/ Toysrus for Halo ODST so that should make up. ALso, trades go to a 3rd party called dealtree. The printing label was kinda messed up. The address was so long that the address printed on the label in very small text.

[quote name='bob330i']Me too finally. Received DC on 9/9, credit on 9/12, promo today.[/QUOTE]
Wow, they surely took time to process your order. I've got the following dates:
received 9/14, credit 9/15, promo today too.

[quote name='no_exit']When the ECA codes went down and I needed some codes, I canceled two orders, each with a $30 promo. When I placed a new order a $30 promo was applied. Then later I placed another order and the other $30 promo was applied to that order.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='evenfl0w']I've cancelled 3 preorders with the $30 coupon and on my next few purchases they applied it to each one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys - now I can cancel a few more and feel pretty safe about it (so far I've been making sure there's only one on at a time).

I can also verify that ECA codes (both old and new it would appear) are kept on your account because I've made two orders in a row with it being auto-applied (leftover from cancellations).

just fyi: I just cancelled a preorder (COD MW2: PE) that has 50% code and "old" ECA on it.

I ordered the X41 right after that, and the 50% code was still applied (even though it's expired), along with the "old" ECA and I also added the "new" ECA. :)

And 2 other people in ECA thread did the same thing... so it's not YMMV but don't blame me if it's not working.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Okay, so this trade in expires Sunday, but I haven't been able to drop off the games to UPS yet.

If I drop it off at the UPS Store tomorrow, would I still be okay?[/QUOTE]
Somebody else said they shipped theirs after the deadline and it was still accepted. This may be YMMV, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back