Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ITDEFX']Ok I am currently packing my 360 and taking it to the nearest UPS store. Other than packing the 360 right..do I need to include anything else or will they take it, open the package up, scan the serial number and fix it?[/QUOTE]

nope thats it, no hard drive, no power cables, nothing but the 360.

[quote name='Milkyman']nope thats it, no hard drive, no power cables, nothing but the 360.[/quote]

Thanks!

I am going to be super busying these next two weeks so I can take a break from the 360 since I won't have much time to play it anyways.

Yep. It was last night I just got my 3rd copy of Call of Duty 4 cuz i didn't want to admit the 360 was expiring. But then I tried playing Forza and it froze on the menu. And when I went to punch a bear in Oblivion? I couldn't even get past the opening screens. Then the nefarious Red Ring of Death reared its head. And the tech support guy had the nerve to say "What is the Red Ring of Death?" YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHAT THE HELL IT IS!!! You work for Microsoft you bastard!! I WANT MY CALL OF DUTY 4!!!!

Ok I turned over my 360 to UPS today. On the way the side of the box ripped (don't ask :whistle2:( ) but I took it in anyways.

I walked in and they were like can I help you so I said "Yea..but I am guessing you already know what this is ;)..." but of course the woman was clueless, until she saw the 360.

She told me the box was not acceptable for shipping, so I bought another one. Strangely enough, she wanted me to leave it opened, with no name or anything just like that and then I hit the pause button. I remembered reading a newspaper report about someone at that UPS store getting busted for stealing shit a few months ago. So I asked if I can pack it myself and the lady just paused like she didn't understand what I was telling her, and she kept on staring at the 360 instead of face to face communication... She said "Why don't you trust us???"...I have no idea what was on her mind but how easy it would be for her or someone else to snatch the 360 since it was open boxed. I made sure they sealed it in front of me and put the tracking label on the box and left with the receipt. At this point it's probably on it's way to Texas. I just bought a few Wii games to keep me busy for the next 3 weeks so all is good. :)

Three months after I recieved my replacement 360, my DRM issue is resolved. Last time I complained to support was back in February, so it might have been working sooner. Better late than never!

[quote name='ITDEFX']
I walked in and they were like can I help you so I said "Yea..but I am guessing you already know what this is ;)..." but of course the woman was clueless, until she saw the 360. [/QUOTE]

When I dropped mine off at my local UPS store, I had to laugh because I walked in and from the back of the store an older gentleman called out "Xbox Threeeee Sixty!" before I was even a foot in the door.

[quote name='jezebelseven']When I dropped mine off at my local UPS store, I had to laugh because I walked in and from the back of the store an older gentleman called out "Xbox Threeeee Sixty!" before I was even a foot in the door.[/quote]

holy shit, no way ....he said that?!?!?

Man if someone said that out loud I would turn around quickly and get into my car and drive away. That's some creepy shit. I know they know it's a 360, and they get a few a day, but for crying out loud they don't have to announce it when you come in. Might as well turn on a sign saying "360 in da house!!" when one comes in.

It irks me that they make comments about these things when you bring it in. It's not heavy, it's already paid for by microsoft....what more do they want? A pint of blood for good measure?

What I forgot to do is by pass the shipping label MS sent me and paid for it out of pocket to get it there sooner. :bomb: So it's going to be there sometime next week...when I could have had it there by Friday.

Oh well, I got Brawl, Sega Superstar Tennis, House of the Dead, Z&W, Sonic and the secret rings and a boat load of backlogged PC games to keep me busy while I wait for the 360 to come back to me. I got so bummed out when my 360 Red Ringed that I bought all those games.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Those who get their 360 back from Texas... do they come back looking brand new or used with some wear and tear?[/quote]

Mine looks brand new (it even had the plastic covering the IR sensor) and has a manufacture date of 03/03/08. It's a 90nm, though, so hopefully this last a little while but I doubt it.:roll:

Date: March 20, 2008
Time of Death: 1:27 am

After have my 360 for almost 9 months, the red ring of death eventually came up. It froze one during COD4, then froze a couple more times on NBA Live 08. I just placed my order for my coffin.

My coffin should be coming today, my 360 has been freezing during playing any retail game (besides The Orange Box, which can randomly stay on for 10+ hours and not have a single problem), but it's been playing DVD's and Arcade games fine.

So, after some idiot at Microsoft tried to convince me that it was my HD, and to REFORMAT my ENTIRE HD, I just said "sure".. and then I called back and got someone else on the phone.

Bad news is, the repairs are going to cost $90, since it's not the RRoD.. and even though I'm paying $90, apparently, Microsoft can't even ship this stuff over-night or even semi-fast shipping. I know it's normal to get the coffin in a few days, but when I have to pay $90 to get the refurbished system that they gave me when my last 360 broke, it's abit ridiculous.

[quote name='scuba t']My replacement console came today with a manufacture date of 3/3/08 nice right. How do you tell if you got a falcon?[/quote]

Wait a few months, and you should find out, haha.. but on-topic, still no coffin yet.. been waiting 4 days already.

Got an e-mail from Xbox saying my coffin is on the way and gave me a UPS tracking #.

Should be here tomorrow, not bad considering I called on the 18th.

Not looking forward to dealing with DRM problems when I get it back.

Wow, I love it.. I walked into the UPS store, and my greeting is "Oh, another Xbox".

Priceless.

Anyway, looks like I should be getting it back in about three weeks, hopefully sooner, although it's doubtful. I would love if they sent a new console though, because the refurbished one they sent me last time was made in 2006, and my original was made in 2007, if I get lucky, I hope I get an 08.

I got the coffin. The tape on the bottom was peeling and and the "pressure etc" tape didn't stick well, so I used my own tape.

And I peeled off the old UPS label then noticed it says put the new UPS label over the old one.

Should I be ok that I used my own tape? And took off the old label?

[quote name='braindeadalive']I got the coffin. The tape on the bottom was peeling and and the "pressure etc" tape didn't stick well, so I used my own tape.

And I peeled off the old UPS label then noticed it says put the new UPS label over the old one.

Should I be ok that I used my own tape? And took off the old label?[/QUOTE]

If it were a problem you probably would have been told so at the UPS store when you dropped it off. The tape doesn't matter much at all and the original label likely would have been torn off anyway if you were to remove the new one to try and look at the old. I wouldn't worry about anything.

[quote name='braindeadalive']I got the coffin. The tape on the bottom was peeling and and the "pressure etc" tape didn't stick well, so I used my own tape.

Should I be ok that I used my own tape? And took off the old label?[/quote]

Why so paranoid? As long as there is tape and a label it doesn't matter. It's not like UPS is going to ship it to Asia because you removed the old lable.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I don't think there's any way to induce a RRoD failure. They do check once it gets to the repair center. If you file a false claim, they'll either just send it back, or call you to see if you want to pay for repairs. Try to escalate the situation with frequent calls asking for a supervisor. Sometimes they'll budge and get you a repair at 50%, but it's quite rare to get them to do it for free.[/quote]

Not true. Mine RRoD once about two months ago. I sent mine in because of the dirty disc errors and wrong disc type errors. I sent it in complaining of the RRoD, they called, and I told them it takes a while for it to RRoD. Needless to say I got a new console free.

[quote name='ibe6yoube9']Why so paranoid? As long as there is tape and a label it doesn't matter. It's not like UPS is going to ship it to Asia because you removed the old lable.[/quote]
OCD probally.

Got my replacement today. No game back (although they told me it might be shipped seperately in 7 days... we'll see.), but attached to the xbox was a one-month gold card? Is this normal?

The replacement was manufactured in July 2006 :roll:

[quote name='jezebelseven']Got my replacement today. No game back (although they told me it might be shipped seperately in 7 days... we'll see.), but attached to the xbox was a one-month gold card? Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Mine had one as well.

My cousin's xbox just got the rrod today. He sent me a txt at around 11:30 telling me about it. I remember how he kept bragging how he had it for a whole year and nothing happened. Now he is getting ready for his coffin. That was the first xbox I played on too. Tear

You know I am thinking about getting that 3rd party device that allows you to transfer your files between your 360 and PC and back up often. That way if my 360 hard drive ever fails, I can restore the files on the new hard drive right?

I shipped mine out and they got it on the 17 and they already have sent it out to me yesterday, so hopefully I will get it on Monday. But is this a bad sign that when they powered mine up the RRoD did not happen and they just shipped it right out back to me, or could it be that my launch 360 just got replaced? Has anyone else had a quick turn around like this?

I was just on the phone with Microsoft, and the lady tells me to unplug it and plug it back in, and it works!
What the?

-Oh, never mind. The Screen went back and the rings are back.

This is why I'm not buying a 360 until ALL problems are fixed. So that would be "never." MS claims they've at least alleviated the problem, but that's total bullshit.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This is why I'm not buying a 360 until ALL problems are fixed. So that would be "never." MS claims they've at least alleviated the problem, but that's total bullshit.[/quote]

:rofl:

lol...that's what I was telling myself but 2007 was a great year for 360 games (bioshock, halo 3, Ace Combat, etc) , that and the 2 year unlimited exchange program for 249.99 on a Refurbed made me jump ship early. This exchange program is more trouble than it's worth. So when my 360 Red Ringed the other day, off it went to Microsoft instead of Microcenter.

Believe me, your gonna cave in sometime when a game you want hits the 360...

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I was just on the phone with Microsoft, and the lady tells me to unplug it and plug it back in, and it works!
What the?

-Oh, never mind. The Screen went back and the rings are back.[/quote]

Don't ever listen to the outsourcing csr. They will tell you to do a bunch of stupid things to your 360 and NONE OF THEM will work. Instead of wasting your time, just call them, tell them you got the 3 red lights (Red Ring of Death) and want the UPS label sent via email and YOU mail it yourself. If you tell them you got the RRoD, they will ask you if you got the 3 red lights which is the same damn thing.
Just get the label and pay some extra to get that thing off to Texas faster.

[quote name='StonedJedi']just got the three red rings today while playing cod4. anyone no who long the turnaround is now?[/quote]

2 to 3 weeks...

[quote name='ITDEFX']:rofl:

lol...that's what I was telling myself but 2007 was a great year for 360 games (bioshock, halo 3, Ace Combat, etc) , that and the 2 year unlimited exchange program for 249.99 on a Refurbed made me jump ship early. This exchange program is more trouble than it's worth. So when my 360 Red Ringed the other day, off it went to Microsoft instead of Microcenter.

Believe me, your gonna cave in sometime when a game you want hits the 360...[/quote]

Or you can stick to your guns and not have to deal with this crap... like me.

Miraculously, Jesus H. 360 (as I refer to my system) has been inspired by the Easter holiday and has apparently been absolved of his 747-like noises. I'm not sure what did it (perhaps the first season of Six Feet Under, perhaps loneliness from his neighbor Wiily McBrawl's newfound attention), but it no longer sounds like it's going to explode and appears to run a hell of a lot cooler now.

Of course, it could be just giving up "being an a-hole" for Lent and will soon be back to it's normal self in a week. Oh 360, how I loathe you.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Or you can stick to your guns and not have to deal with this crap... like me.[/quote]

Sometimes the benefits outweigh the risks. Unless you are the type of person who CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEIR 360 (and there are quite a few of you who can't).

Having the break from the 360 allows me to work on my backlog for a bit...or unlock as much shit as I can from Brawl :bouncy:

Anyone happen to know if M$ replaces failed/broken hard drives? I used mine on my brother's xbox recently and it kept shutting off the internet connection on our modem (not our router). We switched to his hard drive and his won't shut the internet off. So strange that it does it. Only problem that I see is the fact that I bought it seperately from my xbox and didn't come with the xbox. Do you think that M$ will repair my hard drive? I will call when I get the chance.

[quote name='chex20']Anyone happen to know if M$ replaces failed/broken hard drives? I used mine on my brother's xbox recently and it kept shutting off the internet connection on our modem (not our router). We switched to his hard drive and his won't shut the internet off. So strange that it does it. Only problem that I see is the fact that I bought it seperately from my xbox and didn't come with the xbox. Do you think that M$ will repair my hard drive? I will call when I get the chance.[/quote]

If you got the $$$$ they will fix anything.

I don't think a hard drive problem is covered. The hard drive design is flawed, being in cased like that and not having any room to breath or part of the air flow system.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Or you can stick to your guns and not have to deal with this crap... like me.[/quote]

Even with it's problems the 360 is still by far the most enjoyable next-gen console for me. It just has the best games and the best online service. My Wii usually collects dust while my 360 is played daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back