Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice catch on the Order. Last time I caught one of these mistakes at Best Buy (COD: Ghosts Prestige Edition - I think it was priced as if it were the Hardened Edition) it was honored.

Lol...now, they've botched the Persona Q listing even further.  It was listed as the wildcards premium before they opened online preorders, then they switched it to standard with the standard image when they opened online preorders.  Then, they somehow changed the image back to the wildcards premium edition but listed as just "Persona Q".  Now, since last night's site update, it shows up on the search page as the wildcards premium edition again.

I might put in a preorder, myself, just to see how the fiasco plays out and try to score a cheaper copy.

Looks like Best Buy updated their Persona Q listing. It is the premium edition according to the product description and picture.

FYI, I just preordered Persona Q, and my online order receipt does say "The Wildcards Premium Edition" (which it also said in my cart and throughout checkout).  So I guess we'll see if they honor it.

Yes, its supposed to be $80 srp. I'm thinking this has a better chance of being honored than Persona did because they didnt actually let you pre-order Persona online.
Nice. I hope they honor it. Put one order in with my debit card and will put a second in later today using paypal and try to resell it if it becomes rare.

Considering The Order for $48 but wondering if I should wait to see it if it goes for less down the road. No doubt it won't be too hard to get the game for $20 down the road so it is still an extra $28 for the extras.

Considering The Order for $48 but wondering if I should wait to see it if it goes for less down the road. No doubt it won't be too hard to get the game for $20 down the road so it is still an extra $28 for the extras.
I'm genuinely interested in playing the game day-one. I assume it won't take too long to beat, so (unless I end up loving it) I could play it to completion and trade it in for $35-$40 somewhere (I can easily see Gamestop running a guaranteed $40 TIV promo for it) and thus net the CE extras for ~$10.

I'm genuinely interested in playing the game day-one. I assume it won't take too long to beat, so (unless I end up loving it) I could play it to completion and trade it in for $35-$40 somewhere (I can easily see Gamestop running a guaranteed $40 TIV promo for it) and thus net the CE extras for ~$10.
Yeah it does look really good and if I had a PS4 I would buy it day one too (at this price). I don't have a PS4 (yet) so waiting is not a problem.

heres two pdf files of the product pages for reference in case you get the regular versions (id also print out / PDF your order details page)

attachicon.gif
Persona Q_ Shadow of the Labyrinth - The Wild Cards Premium Edition - Nintendo 3DS - Best Buy.pdf

attachicon.gif
The Order_ 1886 Collector's Edition - PlayStation 4 - Best Buy.pdf
I was gonna make a warning to do this. Thanks for the PDFs.

My guess is that Best Buy will catch it eventually, and try to switch the product title & description back (at least for the Persona Q).

It's harder to correct The Order 1886, because they have both standard and CE versions of the game up for pre-order with different SKUs. As per their pre-order FAQ, they should honor the lower $59.99 for the CE.

The Persona Q one is more tricky -- this could be the standard edition, and they will likely pull the switcheroo on us for that one.

I was gonna make a warning to do this. Thanks for the PDFs.

My guess is that Best Buy will catch it eventually, and try to switch the product title & description back (at least for the Persona Q).

It's harder to correct The Order 1886, because they have both standard and CE versions of the game up for pre-order with different SKUs. As per their pre-order FAQ, they should honor the lower $59.99 for the CE.

The Persona Q one is more tricky -- this could be the standard edition, and they will likely pull the switcheroo on us for that one.
bestbuy will basically disable the preorder option, once they realize their mistake and list it as coming soon.

Does anybody have any experience with changing payment options for Best Buy pre-orders? My card will expire before The Order's release date, so I'll have to update the payment method at some point.

I'm just curious to if it's easy, like Amazon, or if it's a pain and they'll make me cancel my order and place a new one.
I've actually had a preorder that was ordered on a card that had been replaced due to fraud. It wasn't near as painless as Amazon but I did receive an email to update my card by calling in. So even tho I've read multiple people say that BBY can't update information, apparently they can if the rep will. I've had some change shipment from store pickup to shipping/etc.

The big question I have tho, is that when a card expires you most of the time receive a card with the same account number and just an updated expiration date. A company can process a card without using a expiration date and just use the account number and cvv. I've had places that do recurring monthly charges do this. They still send me a nasty email about updating my card but the charges will still go through. I assume this is up to the company whether they will do this or not and this also could only work for recurring charges. All that being said, I would try to get the card updated if possible when you get the replacement.

There's too much arguing and OT chatter in this thread! How can I possibly read through the 5 new posts every day to see the dealz!!!!!

Looks like the order page for Persona Q is gone completely now (for all versions).  So looks like they caught it.  Now the question is whether or not they'll honor the existing preorders for the premium edition.

I know most of you on here have BB Premium thing for 20% off but with their history on CE and promos I can't understand why people rely on them for CE's.

The one time I preordered from them (Batman: AO) it took me over 40 minutes to get my Metalpak and that's only b/c I caused a ruckus and called BB Corporate in store before someone thought maybe we should check the backroom.

Only reason I preordered from them was they offered $45 trade in for Madden through the first week of Oct.

I know most of you on here have BB Premium thing for 20% off but with their history on CE and promos I can't understand why people rely on them for CE's.

The one time I preordered from them (Batman: AO) it took me over 40 minutes to get my Metalpak and that's only b/c I caused a ruckus and called BB Corporate in store before someone thought maybe we should check the backroom.

Only reason I preordered from them was they offered $45 trade in for Madden through the first week of Oct.
I rely on them because I haven't had an issue yet.

I've ordered about 15 different CEs from them and have never had a problem. Until I do, they'll be my first choice to order from thanks to GCU.

Does anyone know how to get an amazon Germany order shipped to the USA? I really want the last of us remastered steel book and eBay sellers have it marked up with cheapest being $175 or so after shipping.

Does anyone know how to get an amazon Germany order shipped to the USA? I really want the last of us remastered steel book and eBay sellers have it marked up with cheapest being $175 or so after shipping.
If it's like the other amazons, you would just put it in your cart and log in with the amazon account you would normally use and follow the prompts. Shipping will probably be pricy tho. It was the last time I ordered from the Italian amazon anyway.

If it's like the other amazons, you would just put it in your cart and log in with the amazon account you would normally use and follow the prompts. Shipping will probably be pricy tho. It was the last time I ordered from the Italian amazon anyway.

Never mind my previous post. Apparently that item is location locked to not be shipped overseas. At least that is the best I can tell from the testing I did.

Translation below from error I received.

"Unfortunately this item can not be shipped to the desired place. You can either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by setting the quantity to 0 and click "Update""

Never mind my previous post. Apparently that item is location locked to not be shipped overseas. At least that is the best I can tell from the testing I did.

Translation below from error I received.

"Unfortunately this item can not be shipped to the desired place. You can either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by setting the quantity to 0 and click "Update""
Yea so I was curious if anyone knows of any websites where they play the middle man.

Destiny CE announced. It comes with...

-A steelbook disc case and disc copy of the game

-A field manual with "handwritten" notes

-An "antique" star chart

-A Guardian folio

-4 postcards from the Golden Age (i.e. Earth before the Darkness decimated it)

-The Destiny Expansion Pass ($34.99 value; good for Expansion I and Expansion II)

-Collector's Edition Digital Content (an in-game Ghost skin, player emblem, and ship skin)

-And the centerpiece: a life-size replica of the Ghost robot, complete with lights and Peter Dinklage dialogue samples.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/07/destiny-beta-details-announced-collectors-edition-revealed-and-unboxed-ign-first

-An "antique" star chart
-A Guardian folio
-The Destiny Expansion Pass ($34.99 value; good for Expansion I and Expansion II)
-Collector's Edition Digital Content (an in-game Ghost skin, player emblem, and ship skin)
-And the centerpiece: a life-size replica of the Ghost robot, complete with lights and Peter Dinklage dialogue samples.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/07/destiny-beta-details-announced-collectors-edition-revealed-and-unboxed-ign-first
That's cool but idk if I want to spend that much or just get the cheaper one just for the steel book and extras minus the robot thing.

There's actually two different physical CEs for Destiny.

The Ghost Edition is $150 and includes:

-An "antique" star chart

-A Guardian folio

ghosteditionpkg04jpg-6e51b5_610w.jpg

The Limited Edition is $100 and includes everything above except the Ghost replica.

-An "antique" star chart

-A Guardian folio

Seems cool but i dunno if i wanna get the collector's or limited edition.

Yea so I was curious if anyone knows of any websites where they play the middle man.
I've never tried importing something from Germany. I've imported from Japan as well as the UK. I checked the UK site and it doesn't look like they have the LoU Steelbook edition. Don't know if there are any specific speciality stores from Germany. Japan and UK makes a lot more sense than a German Video Game Import site...

-An "antique" star chart

-A Guardian folio

Yes pls :D

Hope Best Buy gets it

I'd of done the CE for $80, but for $100 I mind as well go all the way to the Ghost Edition for $50 more.
Watch the IGN video. The Ghost replica looks okay, but the sound is terrible. Not to mention that Peter Dinklage's delivery leaves a lot to be desired (though, he supposedly is re-recording lines).

youtube mirror link of IGN since it seems to be having problems

http://youtu.be/PqBAw4weveY

I pre-ordered ghost and LE on amazon, will cancel one after beta depending on how high my interest is in game.  Already having second thoughts about ghost version, the cube looks pretty lame and Dinklage's voice was absolutely horrible in alpha, it will have to improve a lot for me to want a cube RL version.

Best Buy with GCU will be tempting too, but I want to play on release day with friends and not really sure I trust Best Buy not to fuck things up

[quote name="Blumpkin" post="11900592" timestamp="1404752629"]I'm sure that you could sell the Ghost replica to recoup some of the cost.[/quote]
How much do you think

There's actually two different physical CEs for Destiny.

The Ghost Edition is $150 and includes:

-An "antique" star chart

-A Guardian folio

ghosteditionpkg04jpg-6e51b5_610w.jpg

The Limited Edition is $100 and includes everything above except the Ghost replica.
it is an easy pass for me. they are not going to sell cod #s. i will wait for a hefty price drop before picking it up. if it sells out, then no problem for me. i am not interested in destiny one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back