Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is a joke or not.....
Why? Take a look back at every Bungie and Activision CE over the last few years. Those CoD RC cars and Halo statues go for an easy $50 after release. A lot of gamers pick up vanilla copies but then end up becoming fans and wanting more merch without buying the game again.

Why? Take a look back at every Bungie and Activision CE over the last few years. Those CoD RC cars and Halo statues go for an easy $50 after release. A lot of gamers pick up vanilla copies but then end up becoming fans and wanting more merch without buying the game again.
I get that, but you can just save the $50 by getting the Limited Edition without the Ghost replica. I doubt you'll get enough for that Ghost replica to overcome the $50 price difference after listing fees and shipping costs.

You are aware there are 2 collectors editions for Destiny, right?

[quote name="Pliskin" post="11900726" timestamp="1404755281"]Yep, Im not paying 50 bucks extra for the Ghost thing. With 20% off and the $10 pre-order cert its a great deal if you get it at BB. I'll pre-order it as soon as they list it for the ps4.[/quote]
I'm ordering the psychical copy for X1, and going for PS4 so I can share with my brother.

from amazon

Ghost edition:

Limited Edition SteelBook Case and Game Disc, Ghost Replica, Letter of Introduction, Guardian Folio, Arms and Armament Field Guide, Postcards from the Golden Age, Antique Star Chart, Expansion Pass and Digital Content

Limited Edition:

Limited Edition steelBook Case and Game Disc, Guardian Folio, Arms and Armament Field Guide, Postcards from the Golden Age, Antique Star Chart, Expansion Pass and Digital Content

so it looks like the only thing the ghost edition includes extra is the Ghost Replica (the toy) and the Letter of Introduction, which I guess is the digital code that will turn your companion cube red in game instead of the white that everyone else will have.  Does seem kinda weak for an extra $50, unless the cube can float or something.

from amazon

Ghost edition:

Limited Edition SteelBook Case and Game Disc, Ghost Replica, Letter of Introduction, Guardian Folio, Arms and Armament Field Guide, Postcards from the Golden Age, Antique Star Chart, Expansion Pass and Digital Content

Limited Edition:

Limited Edition steelBook Case and Game Disc, Guardian Folio, Arms and Armament Field Guide, Postcards from the Golden Age, Antique Star Chart, Expansion Pass and Digital Content

so it looks like the only thing the ghost edition includes extra is the Ghost Replica (the toy) and the Letter of Introduction, which I guess is the digital code that will turn your companion cube red in game instead of the white that everyone else will have. Does seem kinda weak for an extra $50, unless the cube can float or something.
the cube lights up and blink

youtube mirror link of IGN since it seems to be having problems

http://youtu.be/PqBAw4weveY
Thanks for the vid. That ghost thing is tiny! Not paying $50 extra for that. They could at least have made it "float" using a magnetic base. Then it would've been cooler -- just having it hover on your desk. As it is, it's just a paperweight.

SO at 100 for the LE without that lame cube. 80 for GCU. Vanilla game 48 with expansion pack 35=$83. That is of course at Best buy.  

Honestly I am not completely sold on Destiny. I had plenty of time in the alpha and I think it was alright. To me it just feels like an RPS (think borderlands) mashed together with an MMO.

Granted the alpha was just skimming the surface. I think the game will get solid reviews and most people will like it. I just don't know if it will keep my interest. It does have PvP and all that jazz as well. I'll definitely get the game but I don't think I will buy a CE or LE for it.

The Ghost edition will have a limited print run though.
I thought that was pretty funny and sad in the IGN link. Bungie has to say "it will truly be a limited production run".

they put your typical madden, fifa, nhl, cod,and battlfield pretty quickly. i doubt you will see the preorder page for destiny limited edition listing until late july at the earliest
Yea, that's true for well known games. I guess Gamestop is just very fast with their listings, and I'm sure that helps them with the sales. I guess I was talking more from a jrpg/niche standpoint. For example, Ar Nosurge is already on Gamestop's website. It isn't on Amazon or BestBuy yet, but I'm sure it will be on Best Buy last

con: best buy is really slow updating their web site

pro: the person doing the updates hates best buy and is always making mistakes.  Lets hope for Destiny Ghosts going up at $15 

con: best buy is really slow updating their web site

pro: the person doing the updates hates best buy and is always making mistakes. Lets hope for Destiny Ghosts going up at $15
Lol, true. This person's mistakes backfire sometime though. Freedom Wars is up for 39.99 instead of 29.99. :(

I thought that was pretty funny and sad in the IGN link. Bungie has to say "it will truly be a limited production run".

Yea, that's true for well known games. I guess Gamestop is just very fast with their listings, and I'm sure that helps them with the sales. I guess I was talking more from a jrpg/niche standpoint. For example, Ar Nosurge is already on Gamestop's website. It isn't on Amazon or BestBuy yet, but I'm sure it will be on Best Buy last
bestbuy has allergies with jrpg/niches games. so i wouldn't count on them to deliver. it says participating retailers will carry it.

Ar Nosurge has been up on Amazon since Friday of last week.

Like Titanfalls Collectors Edition? still available
There really aren't that many more out there though. Best buy says sold out online so you will have to have a store with it, amazon at least for x1 version only let me add 10, GameStop still has them but not sure how many. So yes there are some out there but not many and once they drop in price some they will all disappear. And I wouldn't count 35,000 as limited print run either, especially if that was 35,000 per platform.

Like Titanfalls Collectors Edition? still available
It's an intereseting comparison.

Titanfall disclosed iirc 40,000 units. As of now, Destiny has not disclosed their number.

As much as Titanfall was hyped, it fell pretty flat as the game has nowhere near as much staying power as a game like Destiny. Some of the early adopters have abandoned that game already due to the matchmaking problems they have had. As one of those early believers, I'd say I was disappointed in the game. I think it'd be unfair to compare the two games since they are dissimilar in many ways.

The preorder numbers for Destiny far outpace the preorder numbers that Titanfall had. Destiny's CE also has more appealing CE contents like the season pass compared to Titanfall which iirc just had the huge statue (although to their credit I've read it's a pretty impressive statue).

The $100 price difference is huge. We've already seen what a $100 savings can do to sales, haven't we?

It's an intereseting comparison.

Titanfall disclosed iirc 40,000 units. As of now, Destiny has not disclosed their number.

As much as Titanfall was hyped, it fell pretty flat as the game has nowhere near as much staying power as a game like Destiny. Some of the early adopters have abandoned that game already due to the matchmaking problems they have had. As one of those early believers, I'd say I was disappointed in the game. I think it'd be unfair to compare the two games since they are dissimilar in many ways.

The preorder numbers for Destiny far outpace the preorder numbers that Titanfall had. Destiny's CE also has more appealing CE contents like the season pass compared to Titanfall which iirc just had the huge statue (although to their credit I've read it's a pretty impressive statue).

The $100 price difference is huge. We've already seen what a $100 savings can do to sales.
i can see the ghost edition getting a $50 price drop.

Anyone have any experience with GameStop shipping? Been holding onto a 15% off promo code and might like to stack it with the 15% off Giftcards promotion going on at TwoSmiles. Will probably order for in-store pickup at BestBuy though.

I just received monster hunter 3 for 3ds from gamestop, was shipped via USPS so slow but arrived just fine.  Not sure how they would handle bigger boxes, hopefully UPS or FedEx and not USPS.

I've had big boxes delivered via USPS, so I'm not going to risk it. Maybe I can sell my 15% off for GameStop to chip away at Best Buy's price.

Is the PS4 version of the Ghost Edition already sold out on Amazon?
Looks like it. Since it doesn't cost anything to preorder at Amazon, people likely got their preorders in so they can think about keeping it. Most of them will likely be canceled before release, so it should become available again at some point.

Looks like it. Since it doesn't cost anything to preorder at Amazon, people likely got their preorders in so they can think about keeping it. Most of them will likely be canceled before release, so it should become available again at some point.
That was fast. I'll preorder from GS when they get it then, they won't sell out right away since they have that 1 per customer limit on CEs.

Hopefully BB gets it, that would be my first choose to buy from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back