2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did BB stop doing game steelbooks? Did them ditching their movie exclusivity also affect game steelbooks?
Seems that way. Nothing official. Gamestop is the worst store to get steelbooks though. I'll be looking on the EU Amazons or FNAC for the Mana steelbook. I can't take a day off to drive an hour to get to the closest store on launch day to get a pre-order bonus.

I hate that Gamestop gets most steelbook preorder bonuses now. At least with Best Buy you are almost always guaranteed to get one if you order early enough online. Now the condition that steelbook gets to you is another story lol.

If it’s the way it’s been in the past, you aren’t guaranteed a steelbook just for preordering. The steelbook isn’t listed on your receipt at preorder or at time of purchase. Your store will receive a few steelbooks and it will be first come first serve on release day.

If you have an online preorder, it’ll say you can go in store to get a bonus, but YMMV. My store denied the wooden plaques for online preorders of TotK.

If it’s the way it’s been in the past, you aren’t guaranteed a steelbook just for preordering. The steelbook isn’t listed on your receipt at preorder or at time of purchase. Your store will receive a few steelbooks and it will be first come first serve on release day.

If you have an online preorder, it’ll say you can go in store to get a bonus, but YMMV. My store denied the wooden plaques for online preorders of TotK.

TotK plaque sucked but they were common enough where I got one on eBay for like $15. Remake Intergrade was much worse. I went the store where I pre-ordered the game and they didn't have any left (I couldn't make it until after work so it was like 6:30 or 7 PM). They called 3 stores and the 3rd store they called had one left and that they'd hold it for me. I excitedly drive 23 minutes out of my way to get it and get handed a SB that looks like it was handled by sandpaper.

Visions of Mana has a steelbook at Gamestop with pre-order
Even though I got the game for $45 through a Target BOGO sale a while back, I went to Gamestop yesterday and pre-ordered for this beauty because I'm willing to pay extra for it. Of course, since I don't trust Gamestop, I'll keep my Target pre-order until I have that steelbook in my hands. If I don't get a steelbook, hell no am I paying $15 extra for just the game.

TotK plaque sucked but they were common enough where I got one on eBay for like $15. Remake Intergrade was much worse. I went the store where I pre-ordered the game and they didn't have any left (I couldn't make it until after work so it was like 6:30 or 7 PM). They called 3 stores and the 3rd store they called had one left and that they'd hold it for me. I excitedly drive 23 minutes out of my way to get it and get handed a SB that looks like it was handled by sandpaper.

I think you have the worst luck when it comes to steelbooks. I think you are do for a steelbook that doesn't have any damage to it. I'm 🙏 for you my friend.

Does anyone know what's so special about the WM edition of the new TMNT game? Is it all just DLC?

EDIT* Ok, I dunno why the link is defaulting to that "robot or human" text but it's the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants Unleashed - Walmart Edition that I'm asking about.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what's so special about the WM edition of the new TMNT game? Is it all just DLC?

EDIT* Ok, I dunno why the link is defaulting to that "robot or human" text but it's the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants Unleashed - Walmart Edition that I'm asking about.
It originally did say there was a steelbook, but it was corrected. WM edition has just DLC and there is a WM Deluxe edition with steelbook and keychains.

It originally did say there was a steelbook, but it was corrected. WM edition has just DLC and there is a WM Deluxe edition with steelbook and keychains.

Ah... thanks, that makes sense. I had this PO'd and was wondering why I PO'd it... time to cancel I guess.

Has Larian shipped out NA PS5 orders for BG3 yet?
My last update said they were shipping the week of the 12th, but I haven’t seen anything else or a confirmation come through.

Yeah, I got the same email on the 12th, noting they'd start shipping that week but I also haven't heard anything. Sucks because I'm leaving town for a week soon so I really hope it doesn't just show up one day and end up sitting around...

My last update said they were shipping the week of the 12th, but I haven’t seen anything else or a confirmation come through.
It looks like they have started printing labels. I checked my FedEx account and it shows that it is prepping to ship from Ireland, but they haven't actually handed the package over to FedEx yet.

I saw the collector's edition of Epic Mickey on the main page. It's a nice CE, but $200? Damn!

I forgot this is getting remade or whatever. Was this game like... actually popular or something? I remember there being a lot of hype for it pre-release but the actual game was forgettable. Like it had good ratings, but so do a ton of other games.

I forgot this is getting remade or whatever. Was this game like... actually popular or something? I remember there being a lot of hype for it pre-release but the actual game was forgettable. Like it had good ratings, but so do a ton of other games.
I'd say it was. It was a big exclusive for the Wii, and still is until the remaster comes out. I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it more than the second game, though I played the second game on Vita.

Not really a CE, but is limited:

$430 after shipping. The statues are huge. I have the other 3 and Triss was the one I wanted them to make. I think the Ciri statue is the only one that went up in value a ton. Yennifer is still in stock after a long time and even half off right now, so I think that's why Triss stock is limited to 400.

bread's done
Back