Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
XT14,
I know this thread is more for the online sales but I need to vent about the stores here.

Is it chain wide, or just my location on Telegraph Rd. in St. Louis, that charges a $20 deposit to rent any new release game? That to me seems absolutely ridiculous and they've lost a customer now for it. No there's no signs ANYWHERE in the store about it I just got hit with hit when I went to the counter.

I just left a voicemail for the district manager or whatever and I'm going to send a letter to the Consumerist to let them know about this. It seems to me with Blockbuster and Movie Gallery/Hollywood video bankrupt, the LAST thing Family Video wants to do is push MORE people to Redbox (who are adding Blu-Rays and games to their kiosks) and Netflix/Gamefly.

The only thing they are meant to take a deposit for is a system rental. Either you ran into a brand new employee or they hate your guts.

[quote name='dino88']The only thing they are meant to take a deposit for is a system rental. Either you ran into a brand new employee or they hate your guts.[/QUOTE]

No I assume it was either the manager or asst. manager of the store as he had a collared, non-golf shirt & tie on. He said it was a new policy. The district manager or whatever they're called hasn't called me back yet so I don't know if it's chain-wide or just my location.

[quote name='MSUHitman']No I assume it was either the manager or asst. manager of the store as he had a collared, non-golf shirt & tie on. He said it was a new policy. The district manager or whatever they're called hasn't called me back yet so I don't know if it's chain-wide or just my location.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't take the shirt and tie to mean anything, as every employee is supposed to dress that way Fri-Sun. That's ridiculous if that really is a new policy. How would they expect kids to have $20 to hand over on top of the rental price? Call another store in the area and ask them about this new policy. I have a feeling they won't know what you're talking about. If they do, I don't think Family Video will be making much money off game rentals.

Hmm, since we are venting, can I get an opinion on this? I rented Enslaved on release day, the first time I have rented anything in years. When I got to the counter they said I owed a $15 late fee from nearly 3 years ago. I asked if we could reduce that and they said "sure." She asked how much I would be willing to pay and I said I would pay whatever she wanted, it was my late fee and I owe it all, so any discount is up to her. She said "let's make it an even $10 ($7 for rental $3 for late fee)." I thanked her profusely and sang the praises of Family Video to several people. Anyway, I decided to re-check out the game to avoid any further late fees and did so over the phone. When they gave me the total she said it was $23. I asked why and she said I had a $15 late fee. I explained what went down when I rented the game and she said that they must have let me make a payment toward the late fee total. So, now I am $30+ into a game I should have just bought. I am not all that mad because I did owe the $ but it definitely caught me by surprise when they didn't mention the late fee (on the phone) and just charged me. Should I complain or chalk this up to "my bad?"

OK to address the venting issues. Sorry this might be a long post

1. Some new game rentals are requiring $20 deposits to those customers who haven't had at least $150 spent in the store. Since this is a new policy they haven't gotten signs put up yet, but are planning to soon. This does not apply to every title, but very popular ones such as Halo Reach, Madden, Call of Duty...you get the point. We have had a ridiculous amount of people rent a game or two as their first rentals in the store and not bring them back. The process we have to go through is sometimes quite a pain and then getting the cops involved to get a 60 dollar game returned after a month of it being overdue, is sometimes not worth the hassle. Although it sucks that everyone else has to deal with this policy, it will benefit those who want to rent games from us believe it or not. My store started with 26 copies of modern warfare 2. Due to damanged and not returned copies we are down to 1...so it's the only thing we could do besides require a credit card on file...and that really wouldn't fly with people. So although it isn't optimal, it's 20 dollars you get back when returning the game, and you can do it was a credit card even if youre paying cash for the rental.

2. The late fees you do have the ability to make payments towards. You could complain and say you only wished to pay part of it over the phone. Some stores have policies that that do not want you to re-rent over the phone if you do have late fees, but if you were paying with a credit card over the phone instead of having it billed to your account, there shouldn't have been an issue. If you go into the store and speak with a manager of theirs and explain that, they may be able to help you out. That would be your call though.

I hope that answers some of the issues you have...feel free to post any, and I will try to address them as clearly as I can...if it's anything too crazy feel free to PM as usual.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Never ordered used games from Family Video.
How are the conditions of used games? Are they like Gamestop used or Amazon's like-new used?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for Amazon, but I know our local gamestop sends customers to our store to get used games cleaned that they bought from gamestop as we have a pretty pricey disc cleaning machine. All employees are "supposed" to clean every disc before it is shipped out. I have had a few people report this wasn't done on this thread, but for the most part people are satisfied. Games are guaranteed if there is a problem they will replace it free of charge online or in store...may need some others to chime in if there has been an issue, as I haven't dealt with one myself.

[quote name='MSUHitman']XT14,
I know this thread is more for the online sales but I need to vent about the stores here.

Is it chain wide, or just my location on Telegraph Rd. in St. Louis, that charges a $20 deposit to rent any new release game? That to me seems absolutely ridiculous and they've lost a customer now for it. No there's no signs ANYWHERE in the store about it I just got hit with hit when I went to the counter.

I just left a voicemail for the district manager or whatever and I'm going to send a letter to the Consumerist to let them know about this. It seems to me with Blockbuster and Movie Gallery/Hollywood video bankrupt, the LAST thing Family Video wants to do is push MORE people to Redbox (who are adding Blu-Rays and games to their kiosks) and Netflix/Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

Redbox has been saying they are adding blurays to their kiosks for over a year now and I still havent seen it happen to any of them. I have no doubt that they will I just don't see them carrying a large volume of them at all because its still a new technology.

As for them renting games, consider the used games that you get from gamestop right now. Most of those games were owned by one stupid person that mishandled it and scratched the heck out of it. If theres not a person there to look at the games when their rented out and returned you can expect people to be switching their broken copies for the working copy inside the machine. Video games are a very hard item to rent out and make a profit on because if the 4th person who rents a dvd scratches it beyond repair you could argue that you made 10 of the 15 bucks that it cost. With a video game you get back 20 bucks of your 60.

Now obviously ps3 games I would expect to be just fine.....but I have seen some stupid people manhandle those too.

got my dead to rights in from familyvideo.com today. other then the little sticker on the center of the disc everything is in EXCELLENT shape. very happy with it for 10 bucks!:)

alright, sorry a little late here, but updates are in...as usual online will probably update wednesday, only one this week, see ya again next week, glad to here some good news from the above posters!

Ordered Iron Man 2 about a week ago and it came in mint.
So I am now placing an order for Dead to Rights.

[quote name='Section236']Is NCAA B&M only? It's not coming up as 29 online.[/QUOTE]
Must be. OP says "These are for the B&M stores but *USUALLY* are matched online as well." This must be one of the exceptions to that. Too bad

Received my Saboteur and Wolverine games yesterday. They're both scratched up a bit but look playable and neither came with the instruction manual although Saboteur did come with an unused code for The Midnight Show content. I won't be buying from Family Video again.

^^^^if you do have any problems they will be taken care of free of charge. I don't know why your copies looked scratched up, as they should have been cleaned prior to being sent out. If you have a store nearby feel free to stop in and they'll take care of it for you, or you can always contact the e-commerce site, but I don't blame you for being bit frustrated that is for sure.

sorry everyone, doesn't look like anything new to add this week, with all the big titles coming out next week though, i'd be surprised if we don't have a lot of older ones to get rid of!

forgot to post in here. my Transformers: WFC and Dead to Rights 2 came in excellent condition, haven't tried DtR: R yet as I've been busy playing Transformers, but both are only lightly scratched. Both came with manuals. Other than the sticker on the disc, and little bit of permanent marker (whats up with that?), I'm very happy with the condition and purchase. Will buy used from family video online again, thanks.

I do not know if anyone mentioned this but i just got a email from familyvideo with a code for 10% off! The code is RC8RR6RQ

I wish there was something i wanted bad but i got all i wanted pretty bad on the higher prices. I even pass on games you should not pass on for the price my backlog is like 100 games. I ended up just giving about 10 away that were still sealed to my cousin. I just do not have the time since i mostly play reach. Then i got new vegas which i never play and wish i did.

Anyways enjoy i might grab singularity not sure.

They opened one in Menomonie, WI recently.

How they can open new stores while every other video store is going out of business is beyond me...

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']enjoy your wait for Uncharted 2, seriously theres being cheap and then theres being silly. This game will be worth MSRP, but ill bet you can get it for less at release[/QUOTE]

I agree. Uncharted 2 was the greatest single player experience I've ever had. I'm super cheap, even by CAG standards, but in my opinion Uncharted 2 is worth MSRP even if u just play the single player campaign once on normal.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I do not know if anyone mentioned this but i just got a email from familyvideo with a code for 10% off! The code is RC8RR6RQ

I wish there was something i wanted bad but i got all i wanted pretty bad on the higher prices. I even pass on games you should not pass on for the price my backlog is like 100 games. I ended up just giving about 10 away that were still sealed to my cousin. I just do not have the time since i mostly play reach. Then i got new vegas which i never play and wish i did.

Anyways enjoy i might grab singularity not sure.[/QUOTE]

Code didn't work for me. Might be account specific?

Sorry guys i thought it was for everyone type deal. I tried it myself and does not work... I guess a lurker got it which sucks. I like to know for future reference how do i hide the code so only members can see it?

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Sorry guys i thought it was for everyone type deal. I tried it myself and does not work... I guess a lurker got it which sucks. I like to know for future reference how do i hide the code so only members can see it?[/QUOTE]

The only way I can think of is to have someone ask you for it via pm. Otherwise lurkers will nab them every time.

My store hasn't updated prices in forever. Dead to Rights Retribution is still marked $29.99 but rings up $9.99.. none of the newer games are for sale.. well, they are, but they're not marked

wow not bad. might be in for bioshock 2 and mass effect 2 (even though i've yet to beat their predecessors) to go with dead to rights and x-men origins, which i've been holding off on for awhile now

All Titles Below $9.95
Alpha Protocol *PRICE DROP*
Mass Effect 2 *PRICE DROP*
Bioshock 2 *PRICE DROP*
Transformers: War for Cybertron *PRICE DROP*
Singularity *PRICE DROP*

are these really suppose to be $10 cuz they are coming up as $20 on line--or is this deal just in stores

Online prices generally update Wed morning, although sometimes they update sooner.

Its in the OP.

Definitely in for Singularity and the lastest Transformers game for 360.

Glad I decided not to buy Singularity from the Gamefly sale when I made the purchase an hour ago.

Saved five bucks or so.

[quote name='loomis1975']Online prices generally update Wed morning, although sometimes they update sooner.

Its in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's fucked up all i saw was $1.99 shipping on entire order in big red letters

-I swear i didn't even notice that it said anything about updates on wed-

thanks loomis

I am also in for singularity, $10 is what I was waiting for, I may also pick up Transformers again, anyone know if the online is still active at all?

Looks like the online prices have updated. Just picked up singularity, thanks again for the updates XT14

I really want Singularity even though I've already beat it.. I'll probably pass on it for now. I'm definitely going to be looking for Transformers, though.. and Dead to Rights.

All 3 of my local stores didnt have any Singularity for sale so had to buy online. cost 12.98 or something shipped. Forgot that some guy added a 10% code...oh well its only a dollar

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back