Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Picked up Singularity and Transformers. Both fantastic games (especially Singularity), so I couldn't refuse owning them again for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

yeah i was very surprised on how well i liked singularity--granted i didn't get to finish it due to having to trade it in ---in order to not pay a dime just a free rental--i am rebuying it and starting from the beginning--as i loved the first few chapters/hours--dug the whole creepiness thing-about the first few hours.

transformers is really good as well

Picked up Singularity - great price and I've always had good experiences ordering from their website.

If only i waited to buy TF at $10. I will be buying bioshock 2 and singularity with the 10% off coupon code i posted awhile ago. I hope it is a multi use code since i used it once on my account already. I might grab mafia 2 as well but i see it at $30 used all the time so still waiting for 25 or under on that one. I might just buy it anyways since halo reach finally burned me out. I am almost at general and at this point i lost the love. It takes way to long to rank up on the higher stuff with the daily cap at 60k. That might seem plenty but the higher newer ranks i get 2-3x the credits earned then the lower ones.

Anyways thanks i needed a new fix.

Sometimes when prices are too good to be true its bogus, however I can vouch that you get the real deal with these guys. Only 2 little things I have noticed is sometimes it takes a little longer for your games to ship then 24-48, and 1 time I got a non polished used disc for dead to rights retribution, however it played fine, so that in mind hit these guys up.

[quote name='jk5000']Sometimes when prices are too good to be true its bogus, however I can vouch that you get the real deal with these guys. Only 2 little things I have noticed is sometimes it takes a little longer for your games to ship then 24-48, and 1 time I got a non polished used disc for dead to rights retribution, however it played fine, so that in mind hit these guys up.[/QUOTE]

That is funny you mentioned that game coming messed up. I got mine and it was unplayable and really badly scratched. I contacted them and got a replacement sent out right away. If there is a problem this place really puts the effort in fixing it. The odd thing is they said they were sending me a label to return this in the mail not email and i never got it to return the bad game. I will have to contact them again asking what happened to it.

This is a great company and i bought about 30 games here i think. I had only 2-3 issues and they were taken care of and was so easy. This company makes gohastings and gamefly look so bad.

Just a note the inside ring has the family video sticker on them. I never remove them i am to lazy i guess. I would hate to see sticker goo after i try taking one off.

A+ all around and the prices are insane!

First time I ever clicked on this thread and happy I did... Picked up Transformers: WFC and Singularity for the price I couldnt pass it up.

Firs time buying from them so this will defitnitely be a nice test buy and will report back, but it seems like most people are satisfied with their quality and customer service.

[quote name='jpm804']First time I ever clicked on this thread and happy I did... Picked up Transformers: WFC and Singularity for the price I couldnt pass it up.

Firs time buying from them so this will defitnitely be a nice test buy and will report back, but it seems like most people are satisfied with their quality and customer service.[/QUOTE]

Have been for years! Surprised more people haven't ordered from FV before. Even when I've returned items, there's never been an issue getting a refund back.

So is it universally agreed upon that Singularity is a better game than Alpha Protocol? I'm debating on picking one more up and it's between those two.

I figured I'd let everyone know, that I sent them an e-mail after I placed my order, telling them I forgot to apply the code FNL posted earlier ("RC8RR6RQ"). I just got an e-mail back, saying they refunded my card 10%, which was $2.00 (so I just got free shipping, basically).

If anyone ordered and forgot to apply that code, send them an e-mail, and they should refund you the difference!

just picked up transformers and alpha protocol again. I used alpha protocol for trade in towards black ops.

Man I went to closing Blockbuster 8 times during the last two weeks. They refused to go past 40% off on games. Transformers would have been $26 there, past my $20 threshold. Glad I walked away.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Remember everyone, manuals are rarely included and stickers are on every disc.[/QUOTE]

75% of what I've received has had the manuals, and I've ordered over 50 games from them...

[quote name='sandman8288']75% of what I've received has had the manuals, and I've ordered over 50 games from them...[/QUOTE]
I have also received manuals with all seven games I have ordered.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I figured I'd let everyone know, that I sent them an e-mail after I placed my order, telling them I forgot to apply the code FNL posted earlier ("RC8RR6RQ"). I just got an e-mail back, saying they refunded my card 10%, which was $2.00 (so I just got free shipping, basically).

If anyone ordered and forgot to apply that code, send them an e-mail, and they should refund you the difference![/QUOTE]

I tried the code on their website and it comes up invalid so I don't know that they will keep honoring that code. I'm sure it was ment as a one time use code guessing by it being random and not just pumpkin or something like that.

I picked up a :360: Transformers: War for Cybertron at my local store. They still had it priced as $19.95, but I brought in the web site price listed and they left me have it for $9.95. It did not have the instructions, but none of the copies in store had the instructions for that game.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I really want Singularity. Are these stickers from the discs removeable?[/QUOTE]

Goo Gone is a CAG's best friend.

[quote name='Brother Daz']So is packing tape, only without the chemicals ;)[/QUOTE]

This ^

By far the best way to remove the residual sticky goo from the disks.

Just as an FYI, I went to my local Family Video and they had two copies of Singularity left, both marked at $19.99. Took one of them up to the front counter and asked if that was the right price, they said they still showed it as that price instead of $9.99. I told them i saw it for the $9.99 online and they gave it to me for the $9.99. Easy enough. (I never said "where" online I saw it for that price, lol.)

Picked up two copies of WFC, one for myself (since I traded in my ps3 copy for $30 a while ago) and one for my friend for christmas

just found this thread after it was mentioned in the stand-alone Transformers thread...decided to jump on Alpha Protocol and Mass Effect 2, I have never played Alpha Protocol and ME2 is a rebuy at the right price. Not too worried about the negativity that seems to float around Alpha Protocol, I've spent more than $10 on a single pull of a slot machine.

can't argue with some of these prices, thanks OP

Trend continued. Transformers WFC and Singularity just ordered. Also it had a KOF XI in my cart that I had a few months back for $0.00 somehow. So we'll see what adventure ensues with that.

Got my shipping notice today////// anyone have experience how long it takes to CA...

I know it says 5-10 days but trying to get a idea of the average time.

[quote name='bardockkun']Trend continued. Transformers WFC and Singularity just ordered. Also it had a KOF XI in my cart that I had a few months back for $0.00 somehow. So we'll see what adventure ensues with that.[/QUOTE]
hah, let us know how that goes

[quote name='jd10984']Breaking the trend a little bit, in for Transformers wfc, undecided on Singularity.[/QUOTE]

A ban is in order. Nah I have to look up Singularity, is it that good?

I bought Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Singularity, and Transformers. Considering I just bought Black Ops, and have Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Alan Wake from gamefly, I believe I will be set for a while. Thanks for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back