Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

[quote name='woodcan']Good God I haven't played this game in a while but damn the 2 matches I've played so far every death was by a 1-shot shotgun kill. I forgot how much that pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

I love the shotty

[quote name='Matt Young']Will you be on around 9 your time, Dev?[/QUOTE]

Probably but I don't know if I'll be playing Gears then or not. If anyone wants to boost we have 3 spots open in our party.

I've boosted 4 or 5 matches of KotH so far, and I'm working on my 6th atm. I've gone from Level 53 to 77 (almost 78).

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Probably but I don't know if I'll be playing Gears then or not. If anyone wants to boost we have 3 spots open in our party.[/QUOTE]

Ah, damn. Well, I guess we'll see what happens.

Oh, I did finally get that free Madden NFL Arcade code (thanks again!) so we can play that sometime in the future if you'd like.

Just got in the door 20 minutes or so from babysitting family. If anyone has any open spots let me know please. I just got over 52,000 in a laggy Execution match off host so I'm feeling kinda good right now.

I am now at level 83 after 6 matches today (up from lv. 53). The last couple of matches weren't exactly full XP matches, but close enough. One guy said he'd file a complaint against us for cheating, even though he was involved in said match. :S Idiot.

[quote name='KingBroly']I am now at level 83 after 6 matches today (up from lv. 53). The last couple of matches weren't exactly full XP matches, but close enough. One guy said he'd file a complaint against us for cheating, even though he was involved in said match. :S Idiot.[/QUOTE]

was he boosting?

[quote name='Khalid']Sorry about that Pure Apathy. I searched on Google, if I enable DMZ for my xbox 360 it should help me connect to others?[/QUOTE]

No problem, I think that's what Stabby Pete had to do in order to connect to us. I would try doing that and see what happens.

[quote name='Khalid']Sorry about that Pure Apathy. I searched on Google, if I enable DMZ for my xbox 360 it should help me connect to others?[/QUOTE]

I had to do that before I could join his party.

OK, so can someone explain what exactly your guys are doing to "boost" in KOTH to get all this XP?

Also, I'm down for boosting....just doing some Horde for now.

[quote name='woodcan']OK, so can someone explain what exactly your guys are doing to "boost" in KOTH to get all this XP?

Also, I'm down for boosting....just doing some Horde for now.[/QUOTE]

Basically, once you get a group of 10 set to boost(a good way to let people know is to have your grenades out and to hold down LT to spin them, seems to be the universal sign of "I want to boost"), you take turns allowing the KOTH circle to start scoring a point, then a member of the other team steps in and breaks the circle. You gain 200 XP if you're in the team standing in the middle of the circle each time this is done and you gain 50 XP each time the circle is broken if you're on the team running in to break it each time. The games I've been in, we seem to take turns getting to 115 and then take turns allowing each side to win the match(sometimes the final match we have it out to see who actually wins the game, other times we just peacefully decide to let a side win the game.)

Hope that makes sense.

Currently level 97, might try to get at least 1 more game in before calling it a night. I'm currently 12/25 for Bloodmount Scorcher kills and 29/40 for Memorial.

I decided to pop it back in for a couple more matches and I got to level 91. I could've gone through Courtyard for the third of four maps I need to win on for the achievement, but I decided sleep was much more important.

[quote name='WTPolaris']Basically, once you get a group of 10 set to boost(a good way to let people know is to have your grenades out and to hold down LT to spin them, seems to be the universal sign of "I want to boost"), you take turns allowing the KOTH circle to start scoring a point, then a member of the other team steps in and breaks the circle. You gain 200 XP if you're in the team standing in the middle of the circle each time this is done and you gain 50 XP each time the circle is broken if you're on the team running in to break it each time. The games I've been in, we seem to take turns getting to 115 and then take turns allowing each side to win the match(sometimes the final match we have it out to see who actually wins the game, other times we just peacefully decide to let a side win the game.)

Hope that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Got it, thanks! Now, just to find a group :D

Just reached 100 on my final game.

I won't be on until the evenings Friday/Saturday, so I'll be happy to help any CAGs out with Horde achievements.

The nightmare is finally OVER!

Special thanks to everyone who boosted with me tonight btw. If you're going for your 100 then this event is definitely your best shot.

[quote name='woodcan']Got it, thanks! Now, just to find a group :D[/QUOTE]

I might be on tonight, waiting to hear back from some people about going out tonight. Otherwise I should be on around 8 or 9pm CST

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']The nightmare is finally OVER!

Special thanks to everyone who boosted with me tonight btw. If you're going for your 100 then this event is definitely your best shot.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! Glad I got into the CAG group for this last night, I would never have even gotten this far on my own. Went from Level 1 to Level 54, I wonder how much higher I can get during this event. Did you destroy the game disc?

Nah, I'm still trying to figure out how exactly to destroy it. Plus some of my friends want to help or at least witness it so it might be a while before I actually get rid of it. ;\

Matt suggested skeet shooting which sounds pretty damn good. Either that or a wood chipper. Hmm... maybe burial perhaps? The possibilities are literally endless.

My only worry is the temptation to hunt down the rest of the achievements which are Annex, campaign and Horde related. I'm not going to lie in that MP is a little less stressful now having little reason to care about my K/D but this game is evil incarnate and every time I look at the box I envision it 20,000 leagues under the sea.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']The nightmare is finally OVER!

Special thanks to everyone who boosted with me tonight btw. If you're going for your 100 then this event is definitely your best shot.[/QUOTE]

Congrats. I would have stayed on longer but my 360 froze, and I pretty much passed out after that.

damn how did menitkmati and ink get to 100 before me? one of you guys was level 40 or something during the July 4 event and the other was 80 something but I always saw you playing ranked (and I don't have a working so didn't party up).

I'm at 96, waiting for some guy to get on so we can finish insane campaign. then I have Allfathers (19-30) and Memorial (29-40 like menti) left. I ran into one koth boosting session while I was waiting. I got some points then during the last round I killed 4 people with ink before being killed (and won the match) :D. once I get to 100 I'll just roam and mess up boosting session since I still need seriously kills. It's sad that when I check stats, people have kdr less then 1.00 in social koth and with less then 50% wins. if you boost, at least get some practice in everyone once in a while ;)

Wow. I'm sorry I didn't notice you last night. I would have invited you to our party because people were starting to drop left and right. I can also guarantee if I was murdering kids then it probably didn't last long, haha. I pop shot and wall bounce more than anything else so if I'm not getting hard aimed or melee'd to death then something is amiss.

Anytime you want to play you can always hit me up. I'll probably be sitting on this game for at least a week or maybe two before I trash it. If that's the case then I might as well finish up Horde in the mean time. I just hope these so called bonuses for Gears 3 are worth the bother. ;\

If anyone needs an extra for boosting I'll help too. It's the least I can do for finally getting my 100.

Damn I can't believe you guys moved up that much in one night. And here I was playing some Horde and Execution only moving up 3 levels in about an hour :bomb:

You've definitely got to boost while you still can before the event ends. A solid KOTH match will easily earn you over 250,000 XP w/ 20x provided you find randoms that are willing to boost the entire game. It's a boring process but well worth the trouble if you aren't running into assholes every other game.

Well I did not boost yesterday, I did about 5 levels. It's kinda suck that I lost on Mansion for Annex. Man at the end of that game I was getting so good. So yesterday I only did 5 level, +1 for the Annex achievement, 7-15 Allfathers Garden for Horde. Got stuck on 16 for like an hour...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn I can't believe you guys moved up that much in one night. And here I was playing some Horde and Execution only moving up 3 levels in about an hour :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Same. I leveled up 5 levels total of playing Annex and it took way over 2 hours.

I found a boosting session in random matchmaking. I was level 12ish going into last night (bought goty ed way late) and ended at 52 after a couple good rounds of koth boosting.

I am still looking for people to help me boost. i'm @ level 88 and trying to get my level 100 before this event ends so I can put the game aside and take a break finally. anyone willing to help?

[quote name='theredworm']I found a boosting session in random matchmaking. I was level 12ish going into last night (bought goty ed way late) and ended at 52 after a couple good rounds of koth boosting.[/QUOTE]

How many hours would you say it took to level up that much?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How many hours would you say it took to level up that much?[/QUOTE]

I went from level 90-100 in about 5 45 min boosting matches = 4 hours

Got my wings!!

I'm at 94 right now. I'll try to get to 100 later tonight. BUT...I'd still need to win a game on Courtyard and Fuel Depot for the achievement >_

A couple of Annex matches on the map packs should fix that right up. They show up frequently. FD more than Courtyard but none the less every other game it's usually a Combustable or Snowblind with the occasion Dark Corner smashed in between.

I have been joining random ones all day. It's great to see that the majority of people in these are above level 80... haha. The only negative is you always have one ahole who shoots people.

Real Talk: if you want to play for real, play in ranked.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Wow. I'm sorry I didn't notice you last night. I would have invited you to our party because people were starting to drop left and right. I can also guarantee if I was murdering kids then it probably didn't last long, haha. I pop shot and wall bounce more than anything else so if I'm not getting hard aimed or melee'd to death then something is amiss.

Anytime you want to play you can always hit me up. I'll probably be sitting on this game for at least a week or maybe two before I trash it. If that's the case then I might as well finish up Horde in the mean time. I just hope these so called bonuses for Gears 3 are worth the bother. ;\

If anyone needs an extra for boosting I'll help too. It's the least I can do for finally getting my 100.[/QUOTE]

it's alright. I'm done with the koth boosting (did enough from e3 and July 4 like mentioned). once I get campaign done and horde I'll just roam koth and other social owning boosters! the only "advanced" tech I can't really do is wall bounce. it might have to do with the fact that my connection is meh since I kinda lag a lot if I move too much. if you have Gears 1 maybe we can party up there since I got that after 2 so barely made a dent in MP.

Real Talk: if you want to play for real, play in ranked.
no. ranked is worse now even post TU6. I recall all the host drops, lag, etc bullshit. social is also "faster". if someone messes up your boosting session your group should be at least good enough to stop it (i.e. one or two guys take him out). if that said if anyone sees me messing up their koth boosting, msg me saying you're from CAG and I'll leave...eventually :cool:

Sounds good. I have tons of Gears 1 MP achievements to do even if the game is 150% shotty wars and nothing else. Wall bouncing is easier than it looks to be honest. It just depends on your sensitivity settings and the level of players you practice with. Most of my friends are masters at it though so I rarely beat them but it WILL save your ass in pubs on a decent connect so long as you kill someone faster than they can melee you down. ;\

well, I went from level 42 to 50 just by playing normally for a few hours over the last two days. that'll have to be enough for me. added two new achievements, battle hardened gear and never eat red snow; yeah!

couldn't really boost with randoms, people opened fire even when I swung my smoke nades and withheld firing upon them. it just became regular games, which is fine by me. I did get to improve upon my 2-piecing technique, so I was happy.

bread's done
Back