Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

I believe i"m done boosting for the night, too many shenanigans going on in random social koth matches, always one or a group of people messing it up for everyone.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I hadn't heard them say anything about going higher with the XP. I thought everyone was speculating that this would most likely be the highest it'll go , although at this point it would be silly to do anything less. I don't doubt though that they will be doing more XP weekends since they want to keep focus on the game until Gears 3 comes out.

If they may end up doing more events with the around the same (or higher) XP bonuses then I'd rather work on getting the other multiplayer and horde achievements now and worry about level 100 later.[/QUOTE]

I want them to have a Kills Multiplier Weekend.

I just gave up on the boosting. Too much trouble finding people to cooperate at the times that worked for me. I've had bad luck the last 3 times they've had bonus XP in Gears (including this one) so I can't say I'm too surprised. But man, I was counting on this one to get some serious progress because, well... 20x? How can you beat that?

*waits for someone to say "21x"*

Maybe next time.

having trouble connecting to LIVE, damn rainstorms. yesterday I tried finsihing up in local horde but only the default maps and flashback maps would load (and I was on LIVE). today when I'm offline, no flashback maps. wtf Microsoft. so only some of my licenses were transferred or something?

I finally got all SP achievements. all that is left are Allfathers (20-30) and Memorial (30-40) as well as the bloodmount one. oh and of course vet gear and seriously bout I'll get those easily (rank 99 and 50k).

if anyone down for those two horde maps (and maybe even starting at those levels) tomorrow let me know. being OCD, I want vet gear and seriously to be the last achievements I get.

Hey if anyone needs help in horde, and you see me online just send an invite. I was playing some Guardian last night, havent played in a month or so, but did alright. This game can take a while to get used to when you havent played in a while.

Wow, I could have won a wingman, but that lame dude was just quitting and entering the game till he was on the team with the highest score...

Well yesterday I played for just a little bit and managed to get myself from 32 to 42 playing Horde on Insane. Today I took myself from 42 to 79 playing KOTH. I don't think I have anymore in me so hopefully they'll have something similar in the near future.

Doing coop solo sucks. I have to redo it since it glitched on me when i beat it on insane with a friend. even did rookie training at the begining too.

Sucks the 20xp is over now. I hope they do something crazy like make it 8xp or 10xp all the time. I still played it without the 20xp,but to be honest it was getting old. I went up 11 ranks without boosting this weekend.

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']I'm down for some Horde or KOTH boosting, GT is in the sig and same as my CAG username.[/QUOTE]
Hey Ki77a,

I met up with ya today in party chat anyway, I'm down for hoard anytime still need a few more to do.

On the bright side I did the impossible I got myself and with the help of a lot of dedicated souls I got from rank 56 - 91 during an 8 hour long boosting session.:applause:

[quote name='KingBroly']I think I'll try to get a boosting party going for Wingman and Guardian tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

the guardian achievement isn't hard to get...get 4 others and just go into ranked (and hope your group gets host so no quits).

wingman, while noticeably harder, just get a decent enough partner and hope for a fair map or good spawn.

these two definitely are easier with party chat. you're going to need a really really dedicated group if you're trying to boost them in social (koth boosting is much easier to setup).

I need horde achievements for Allfathers and Memorial. send me a msg if your interested and we'll try to set up time. gt is same as CAG name. oh and anyone that plans to help may see me reach 100 (99 atm)!

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']I'm down for some Horde or KOTH boosting, GT is in the sig and same as my CAG username.[/QUOTE]

On the site it said it was going to end July 25th 8:00 PM EST.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']the guardian achievement isn't hard to get...get 4 others and just go into ranked (and hope your group gets host so no quits).

wingman, while noticeably harder, just get a decent enough partner and hope for a fair map or good spawn.

[/QUOTE]
For guardian you just need to be decent to be able to hide and run when you became the leader.

Wingman, I got it yesterday against a few humans and a lot of bots.

I wish I could host game with bots, it would help me so much.

[quote name='KingBroly']I think I'll try to get a boosting party going for Wingman and Guardian tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

If we have a decent party, I would be interested.

[quote name='Khalid']For guardian you just need to be decent to be able to hide and run when you became the leader.

Wingman, I got it yesterday against a few humans and a lot of bots.

I wish I could host game with bots, it would help me so much.[/QUOTE]

Hosting against bots is completely random. You won't get it most of the time, though. However, since no one will be playing Gears 2 for the next few days because of no XP multiplier, it should be a perfect time to boost.

Even at 20XP levelling up slowed way down. Went from 25 to 43 in about 4 hours of horde one night and then only went from 43 to 50 in about the same amount of time the next night. Still need most horde achievements so feel free to send an invite if starting up a horde group.

Awesome! I'll be throwing Gears 2 back in my xbox for that event. Anyone who wants to play horde for achievements (or just for fun) send an invite or FR to:

JDawgg77

May be down for some other game types or boosting as well. My NAT is open, but I think I can do some tweaking to improve my connection which would make this and CoD less lag-induced controller throwing.

I'll be sending you an invite JDawgg, I have no Horde achievements, so I wouldn't mind going for those, and just boosting overall. I have barely played MP, so I'm somewhere around level 10. Don't expect to hit 100, but I'd love to jump up a bit.

Would be down for some boosting and horde as well. I got to level 93 at the last xp event, so I should easily get 100 this time around.

GT: Ironwilled

14 times experience might mean that I'll have to rent GOW2 from Blockbuster. It used to be my "I'll never sell this game, EVER!" game until it became too much of a pain to try and get into matches regularly.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Labor Day XP Event - XP multiplier will be number of Gears of War 2 Facebook followers divided by 1000. [/QUOTE]

"Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in."

I saw this article on joystiq this morning. Went right to the facebook page and liked it :D

EDIT: OP please mention or put it in the title that this XP event will be held during Labor Day weekend. :)

Just a quick update on how much xp there is gonna be as of right now the Gears of War 2 facebook page has 19,125 likes which translates to 19x exp in Gears.

Looking real good to overcoming the 20x exp they had during comic-con.

I was never able to find an ending time. Is the time up to increase the multiplier count? I see they are over 25,000 now, but you guys are talking like they were short.

I just found out about this and liked it for you brave boosting souls. I've already rid myself of this abomination weeks ago so sadly I can't pitch in but if this hits over 25x I doubt you'll run out of willing participants.

Good luck guys.

[quote name='myl0r']I was never able to find an ending time. Is the time up to increase the multiplier count? I see they are over 25,000 now, but you guys are talking like they were short.[/QUOTE]

These were posted via Rod Fergusson's twitter...

So that we have time to test everything for the Event, we'll keep the XP train rolling till midnight tomorrow night. How high can you go?

And by midnight tomorrow, I mean midnight PST. Give the West Coasters a chance to push the XP higher -

Trust me. Having your wings in Gears 2 will mean something to you in Gears 3. Nuff said.

Avatar award or in game bonus? :whistle2:k

Labor Day Event update - congrats everyone for taking it to 25x XP! Bring on the Veteran Gears!

Looks like they rounded up.

bread's done
Back