Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

My 2 friends and I just ripped through the 50 Wave Horde Achievement on Nowhere. Just got Allfathers to 30 and Memorial to 40 left in Horde. Then Wingman, Guardian, Meatflag, and Annex and all the multiplayer is complete :D

Last edited by a moderator:
IF anyone still plays, I still play pretty regularly, both horde and multiplayer add me!

I have I believe 38 of 50 waves done for the snowblind map and I'm still trying to get to 100.

Which Snowblind map? There are four. I'm pretty high up on two of the SB maps. Or are talking about getting rounds 1-10 on each snowblind map?

Sweet to hear about Halloween event although sawing everything will get laborious, another XP event is always a good thing though. I noticed in that thread someone asked about bonus kills instead of bonus xp and the op stated that it was not possible for them to give bonus kills so there won't be any help getting Seriously 2.0 any quicker.

I'd be up for snowblind and Nowhere horde. Just send me a message. Also anyone want to work on wingman, annex, guardian, meatshield MP achievement? Maybe we could get 2 groups of 5 and hit social and see if we get matched up. Sucks that you have to capture the meatshield and be the guardian to make progress on that one.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Which Snowblind map? There are four. I'm pretty high up on two of the SB maps. Or are talking about getting rounds 1-10 on each snowblind map?
[/QUOTE]

I'd be up for the latter tonight on Snowblind, other couple Combustible maps we didn't do last week and several others!

Can probably hop on around 9 or 10 pm EST.

I got all the horde achieves except for 1-50 snowblind and Combustible.

I'm on wave 38 on Underhill and I don't know what I've done on combustible so I'd be willing to do it all as long as I can get the achieve. I can get on tonight if people want to add me.

13x XP Multiplier? After 25 that's a little weak. Wish they'd do 31x it would entice me to play again for more than just an hour. After getting 3750 XP for a horde wave, 300 XP is tough to take. So, 31x XP would be the clincher and would possibly help me finally hit 100. I'm around 60 right now.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'd be up for the latter tonight on Snowblind, other couple Combustible maps we didn't do last week and several others!

Can probably hop on around 9 or 10 pm EST.[/QUOTE]I should be able to tonite. I've gotten caught up on sleep so I should be good at 9P or 10p or so.

[quote name='hustletron']I got all the horde achieves except for 1-50 snowblind and Combustible.

I'm on wave 38 on Underhill and I don't know what I've done on combustible so I'd be willing to do it all as long as I can get the achieve. I can get on tonight if people want to add me.[/QUOTE]Gotcha. I have a really high (30s or 40s)SB map or two and Underhill may be one. We should def get a group together and start from the highest point possible (hopefully in the 30s) to get the cheve for all involved. I'll add you when I get online later or just fr me when you do.

[quote name='kklems']I'd be up for snowblind and Nowhere horde. Just send me a message. Also anyone want to work on wingman, annex, guardian, meatshield MP achievement? Maybe we could get 2 groups of 5 and hit social and see if we get matched up. Sucks that you have to capture the meatshield and be the guardian to make progress on that one.[/QUOTE]Need Nowhere as well. I can start at 37 on that one I think, although maybe 42.

[quote name='Redeema']13x XP Multiplier? After 25 that's a little weak. Wish they'd do 31x it would entice me to play again for more than just an hour. After getting 3750 XP for a horde wave, 300 XP is tough to take. So, 31x XP would be the clincher and would possibly help me finally hit 100. I'm around 60 right now.[/QUOTE]13x was mentioned cause of unlucky 13 although 31 kinda makes more sense since halloween is on the 31st. We'll see I guess. I, too am at 60, and I wasn't into boosting really, but I may have to with only a few possible xp events left. I was planning on doing horde during xp events and then boosting after I had gotten all of the horde achievements, but what if I miss the opportunity plus we've got a pretty good sized group to horde with now so might as well get em done now.

They said the event was going to be loosely based on Texas Chainsaw massacre or some such shit, either way I think it's lame, just give us a damn 31x XP event and leave it at that.

I'm about to jump on right now, so on tap for tonight, possibly 1-50 Underhill, Nowhere, Combustible maps, and anything else.

Fun and successful night of Horde last night!

Jdawgg, Ryuukishi, myself and 2 others got through 1-50 on Grindyard with only failing two rounds, then some of us knocked out the rest of the snowblind maps on 1-10 to get that achievement. Was impressed that Ryu and I got through 1-10 on Fuel Depot without failing a round with just the 2 of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dmaul1114']Fun and successful night of Horde last night!

Jdawgg, Ryuukishi, myself and 2 others got through 1-50 on Grindyard with only failing two rounds, then some of us knocked out the rest of the snowblind maps on 1-10 to get that achievement. Was impressed the Ryu and I got through 1-10 on Fuel Depot without failing around with just the 2 of us.[/QUOTE]

My fricken gf came over and wanted to "hang out" so I had to turn my box off uhhhhgggggggggggg totally had planned to play last night.

Jdawgg, Ryuukishi, myself and 2 others got through 1-50 on Grindyard with only failing two rounds, then some of us knocked out the rest of the snowblind maps on 1-10 to get that achievement. Was impressed that Ryu and I got through 1-10 on Fuel Depot without failing a round with just the 2 of us.[/QUOTE]
Yeah we had some pretty good momentum going there! If anyone wants to play some more Horde tonight, I still need 1-10 on the Flashback and Combustible maps, and I'd be willing to do 1-50 on Nowhere though I'm only on level 40 right now. :p

Jdawgg, Ryuukishi, myself and 2 others got through 1-50 on Grindyard with only failing two rounds, then some of us knocked out the rest of the snowblind maps on 1-10 to get that achievement. Was impressed that Ryu and I got through 1-10 on Fuel Depot without failing a round with just the 2 of us.[/QUOTE]Yeah, Osprey was one of em. Was glad to help with another SB map, but had to go to sleep after that. Glad to hear you got the other two knocked out, but damn just the 2 of you got through round ten on Fuel Depot without a restart? What'd you do, ammo up and camp in a trailer? That map is so open.

[quote name='hustletron']My fricken gf came over and wanted to "hang out" so I had to turn my box off uhhhhgggggggggggg totally had planned to play last night.[/QUOTE]You my want to rethink 1-50 on Underhill. That map isn't very conducive to survival on higher waves. We smoked Grind Yard last night no problem.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah we had some pretty good momentum going there! If anyone wants to play some more Horde tonight, I still need 1-10 on the Flashback and Combustible maps, and I'd be willing to do 1-50 on Nowhere though I'm only on level 40 right now. :p[/QUOTE]I think I'll be able to play, but I'll have to stop around 1am at the latest. Looks like I need to do flashback, combustible, Allfathers 1-30, Nowhere 1-50 and kill mounts with the flamethrower on Dark Corners maps. Which ones are DC? I probably only have a wave or two on FB and CB, but who knows which map so I'm cool with doing all of them. I think I've gotten decently far on AF and I know I've gotten to 37 or maybe 44 on NW so with those two we can start as low as the lowest one on our team. BTW, if anyone wants to coop the bonus chapter let me know.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah we had some pretty good momentum going there! If anyone wants to play some more Horde tonight, I still need 1-10 on the Flashback and Combustible maps, and I'd be willing to do 1-50 on Nowhere though I'm only on level 40 right now. :p[/QUOTE]

I need all those as well. Not sure I've done any on Nowhere, but happy to help with the later rounds in any case.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Yeah, Osprey was one of em. Was glad to help with another SB map, but had to go to sleep after that. Glad to hear you got the other two knocked out, but damn just the 2 of you got through round ten on Fuel Depot without a restart? What'd you do, ammo up and camp in a trailer? That map is so open.[/quote]

No we just kind of ran back and forth between the garage in the back basically hanging around that first bit of cover, sticking close enough to revive each other when needed

I think I'll be able to play, but I'll have to stop around 1am at the latest. Looks like I need to do flashback, combustible, Allfathers 1-30, Nowhere 1-50 and kill mounts with the flamethrower on Dark Corners maps. Which ones are DC? I probably only have a wave or two on FB and CB, but who knows which map so I'm cool with doing all of them. I think I've gotten decently far on AF and I know I've gotten to 37 or maybe 44 on NW so with those two we can start as low as the lowest one on our team. BTW, if anyone wants to coop the bonus chapter let me know.

I'm up for any of those, I haven't played the bonus chapter either so I could co-op that some time. But don't wait if you find anyone else as I'll probably be mainly playing Reach come Tuesday!

I can play until 1 am at the lastest tonight as well, would more like to be done by midnight EST. Can hop on around 9pm.

The DC maps are :

- Allfathers Garden
- Memorial
- Sanctuary
- War Machine
- Highway
- Way Station
- Nowhere

Full list of maps here: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=671123

[quote name='hustletron']The voting has been really close, I don't know what tards would vote Dr. Breen over Raam but w/e.[/QUOTE]

I followed the link from this thread and had every intention of voting for Raam, but I couldn't vote against HL2.

[quote name='dmaul1114']No we just kind of ran back and forth between the garage in the back basically hanging around that first bit of cover, sticking close enough to revive each other when needed[/QUOTE]
We're just awesome like that. :cool:

Son of a bitch. My level reset /log again. I am so over this game. I just need to finish Nowhere and than regain level 50 and my Horde achievements are done. Not sure if I am going to bother going through insane now since I would have to do the campaign again just to unlock insane. Definitely not going for Seriously 2.0 since I have lost about 10 k in kills in two resets. Hope they have that 30X Xp so I can get back to 50 in a game or two. Look out GS here comes a copy of Gears2 CE for trade.

I was beat last night so ended up not hopping on.

I need those as well, but kind of doubt I'd be able to play until the weekend as I'll probably play Reach starting tomorrow if I do much gaming this week. So don't wait for me if others are up for doing them in the meantime!

Yeah-- hopefully we can get a group together tonight if people want to, because starting tomorrow I'm sure everybody is going to be playing Halo instead.

If not I'm definitely willing to hope on Friday or Saturday night to take a break from Reach--assuming I get time to play it this week.

Between watching the Cards eak the Rams, getting caught up on some work and taking care of sick family I didn't get online and didn't get to sleep until about 5 and had to be at work at 8 so I'll probably go to bed early tonite. I may stay up until 10ish and may try getting in one more night of horde before you all desert me for reach. I for one won't be getting reach so I'll still down for horde anytime.

Well I probably won't have Reach until Friday on account of Amazon's free shipping. I wasn't going to get it at all (just not a huge Halo fan) but a coworker convinced me to so we can go through the campaign in co-op. So I'm definitely still down for Horde anytime this week if we can still get a group together.

Ryuukishi, what time do you play? I might hop on for some horde. Not sure what time i will be on, depends on if i want to watch NFL/Seinfeld/Jimmy Fallon. After 12 should be good, central time. Possibly before that around 7pm-10pm central. But i dont use a mic.

I can probably be on any time after 8:00 pm Central.

That's cool, no one seems to talk much anyway after we choose a map and the game starts. I guess we all need to concentrate on fighting. :)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Well I probably won't have Reach until Friday on account of Amazon's free shipping. I wasn't going to get it at all (just not a huge Halo fan) but a coworker convinced me to so we can go through the campaign in co-op. So I'm definitely still down for Horde anytime this week if we can still get a group together.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'm also not a big Halo fan,but if one of my friends was getting it I would also get it to play some co-op with them.

well send me a friend request. I can try to get on later around 8 central. You have anyone else that could help? Wave 1-10 might not be that bad with 2 people as long as we stick by each other. I havent played it a while though so i might be rusty.

Nothing set in stone, but it sounds like dmaul and jdawgg might get on if we can start early enough, and my Halo-loving coworker might get on too.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Nothing set in stone, but it sounds like dmaul and jdawgg might get on if we can start early enough, and my Halo-loving coworker might get on too.[/QUOTE]

I probably can't make it tonight. Won't get home from work until 10:30 or so.

Was cool to knock out a few stages. I just need 6-10 on Tyro Station for flashback, 17-30 on Allfathers and 36-50 on Nowhere. Looking at my leaderboards I've only played some maps once or twice: Stasis, Blood Drive, Jacinto, and a couple others. Wouldn't mind just checking them out sometime. 50/50 on being able to play Tuesday.

Is there a way to tell exactly which waves you still need for a given map? I have something like 35/50 for Flashback but I don't know which maps I'm missing.

Not really that I know of. The singular map cheves are easy enough. For the map pack sets though I would say check your leaderboard scores and start with the map with the lowest score.

Fell asleep early last night. I'm down for both of those still and I think kklems still needs Nowhere and DMaul needs both so if they can play tonite and you can it'll give us four which is enough. Five for Nowhere would make it easier, but four is doable.

bread's done
Back