Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='Interstella 5555']They're just being safe than sorry, it wasn't that way a couple of months ago. It seems people were abusing the instant points after confirmation.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm not complaining, I get it. And it beats ebay to me. Hoping that the person who gets their game tonight will leave confirmation/feedback so I can get over the 800 points barrier and grab a 3DS game.

Do you guys have any tips for shipping complete games that have a cardboard outer box? (for example endwar w/headset, defjam rapstart w/mic, I imagine theres some singstar bundles like this too)

[quote name='casperinian']Do you guys have any tips for shipping complete games that have a cardboard outer box? (for example endwar w/headset, defjam rapstart w/mic, I imagine theres some singstar bundles like this too)[/QUOTE]

take everything out of the box and fold it up

do they ever offer sales for the tokens? i just started trading again and am stacking up points and just realized i have no tokens, and they want $20 for 10 tokens, i always thought the tokens were $1 each ._.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']do they ever offer sales for the tokens? i just started trading again and am stacking up points and just realized i have no tokens, and they want $20 for 10 tokens, i always thought the tokens were $1 each ._.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='adriley313']they used to be until they uped the price which turned a lot of ppl off
they have sales during the holiday seasons sometimes[/QUOTE]

If your feedback score is 500 or higher, you can still buy tokens at the old price of $1 each. If you're not there yet, you'll unlock this feature once your feedback reaches 500. This doesn't mean you have to reach 500 trades. You can see your feedback score under your My Account page.

[quote name='steve nash']take everything out of the box and fold it up[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll take it into consideration next time. I had sent one earlier today but it involved me having to send it in a box. It probably ups the shipping by a few bucks doing it the way I did.

[quote name='utopianmachine']If your feedback score is 500 or higher, you can still buy tokens at the old price of $1 each. If you're not there yet, you'll unlock this feature once your feedback reaches 500. This doesn't mean you have to reach 500 trades. You can see your feedback score under your My Account page.[/QUOTE]

my feedback score is only 10 :(

My feedback is at 460 and pending so I am itching to get to 500 and get cheaper tokens.

In the meantime though, you can participate in the official Goozex Game Nights (see forums for details) and get free tokens for participating (i.e. playing video games). There's a nite for each major online console + PC.

You can also get tokens for referring new people to Goozex, but I think you don't get the tokens until they do a successful trade.

[quote name='casperinian']Thanks, I'll take it into consideration next time. I had sent one earlier today but it involved me having to send it in a box. It probably ups the shipping by a few bucks doing it the way I did.[/QUOTE]

i had to send some karaoke rev games with the mics and i unfolded the box and stuffed everything into a usps flat rate envelope

[quote name='dfg']My feedback is at 460 and pending so I am itching to get to 500 and get cheaper tokens.

In the meantime though, you can participate in the official Goozex Game Nights (see forums for details) and get free tokens for participating (i.e. playing video games). There's a nite for each major online console + PC.

You can also get tokens for referring new people to Goozex, but I think you don't get the tokens until they do a successful trade.[/QUOTE]

thanks for all the ideas, definitely gonna look into the game nights

i really need to stop wasting points and buying crap but then again with 22,000 pts better to buy crap then be stuck withnothing if the site folds.

sucks i thought i was going to get pokemon white soon i was 3rd in line but then everyone who is on HOLD starting coming off hold and now back to 9th in line LOL

did get persona for the psp and pokemon heart gold the last month though

so i request Fling Smash for a friend, cause he just wanted the game an extra wii remote plus. the guy sends me a complete game.
But the listing says clearly:
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/myrequests.asp?orlic=1

Trading instructions:
The Wii Remote Plus is required for ALL shipping levels of this item, as this item is only available as a package! Failure to include the original accessory with any level of shipment runs the risk of receiving negative feedback for unplayable (resulting in no points credited for the sale).

So I send this message:
Hello
If you check the fling smash listing it says that any version needs to come with a wiu plus remote
Please check the listings I will have to return the game or leave negative feedback

And get this one from him:
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=6189634569919

I see what you are referencing. That restriction was not made known to me when I initially posted it. However, when I went to ship it the following is all goozex required of me:

"Mail your product to the requesting user!

You have accepted to ship the following product to the user adriley313.

You committed to ship the product as "Disc + Manual". Make sure you provide the original disc/cartridge and all instruction manuals/inserts that came with the product. You may provide additional accessories, the case or the cover, if available."

So according to this goozex message I not only fulfilled my requirements I exceeded them by including a case... all in mint condition.
Do what you need to do to get your satisfaction. I'd understand your frustration. My advice is to pursue a wiimote plus in more conventional manners because it appears all the other listings are similar to mine in only offering the disc and disc+manual. Don't bother returning the game... no need to waste the postage and fuel on shipping this again.

My apologies. Clearly this site needs to get its act together and make it less confusing to trade items like this. If you look at collector's editions you are not required to include bonus pack-ins. their policies are inconsistent.

So im thinking of just leaving negative feedback.
What did you think?

@adriley313 It's considered unplayable without the Wii Remote Plus so that falls under negative feedback. Try to get him to ship the remote to you if possible.

@casperinian It usually depends on the popularity of the game, but for me it usually takes 4-5 months. I'm using LittleBigPlanet 2 and Killzone 3 as reference for that.

[quote name='adriley313']he said do what i have to do so i sent negative feedback
now i have this wii game
yaaaa[/QUOTE]

You were 100% correct in your assessment with the situation.

Goozex might have you mail the game back to them and compensate you with tokens for the shipping cost but they might not and you might get lucky and get a free game out of it. :)

Been using the site for years now and as long as you follow the rules/what is stated on the site, goozex will always rule in your favor.

[quote name='toldawg128']NEW PROMO:
Free trades (no token needed) for anyone who has completed (sent) at least one trade of a PS3 game or Blu-ray movie before May 9th. Users must have a feedback score greater than zero to be eligible. This promo ends May 31st.

http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/67065.aspx[/QUOTE]

total BS just another reason why i refuse to give this company any more of my cash .. so if you dont have Ps3 they mostly just said FU

[quote name='slidecage']total BS just another reason why i refuse to give this company any more of my cash .. so if you dont have Ps3 they mostly just said FU[/QUOTE]

But you could not have a PS3 but have a blu ray player. But then again, life isn't fair.

I like this promo, too bad it isn't more than a free token or has a longer window. I haven't gotten a game in nearly two months and the closest I am is within 3.

[quote name='antlp89']You were 100% correct in your assessment with the situation.

Goozex might have you mail the game back to them and compensate you with tokens for the shipping cost but they might not and you might get lucky and get a free game out of it. :)

Been using the site for years now and as long as you follow the rules/what is stated on the site, goozex will always rule in your favor.[/QUOTE]

i got to keep it, the guy told me not to waste his time and send it back

This is an undeniably awesome offer by Goozex.

And for me, timely. I have a single PS3 trade from over a year ago and have been out of tokens while building up to 500 feedback.

Now I can use some of the 3000 points I've accumulated.

Scooooooooooooooooooooooooooore!

:bouncy:

edit: 9 trades pending xD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']total BS just another reason why i refuse to give this company any more of my cash .. so if you dont have Ps3 they mostly just said FU[/QUOTE]

Can you be any more of a sore loser? All I see you do is cry here, and try to suck up on their forums.

Anyway, great promo, considering they didn't have to do it at all, and also helps with people complaining about token pricing too for ps3 stuff.

Now if I can just come up with some points I will be golden(assuming anything I want comes up for trade to make use of said free tokens).

sad%20baby.preview.jpg

I'm going to send Goozex an email to inquire about the status of my dispute, but how long does it usually take for them to settle disputes after requesting and receiving the game in question? It's been about two weeks now and I've heard nothing from them. The dispute is still live, so I know that it hasn't timed out like I never sent it.

It's been over a month and this still hasn't been resolved. I think I'm just going to go to a local shop that sells old games to get NFL 2K2 tomorrow and use the points that I should get back on something else that hopefully will come in good shape.

Goozex finally settled the dispute after I emailed them, which resulted in them changing the negative that I gave to the seller into a positive with no explanation why while also giving me back my points and the trade token along with a couple more tokens for the cost of shipping it to them. So I guess he got off without any punishment at all.

The dispute was already escalated to whoever's in charge of handling disputes. I don't know what a mod could do since the dispute's been settled now by Goozex.

Got my Crysis 2 on monday!! Stayed up midnight to try to get it, barely got in the other day!!

Also got 750 points + 3 tokens left, and a first access on Alice Madness Returns. I'm #1! :D

well guess i have to give them some money :) almost out of tokens and guess they are sort of cool since i got this week and last

3rd birthday psp (with DLC but dont know if it works since i cant get online to see :(
and getting
Monstertale next week

saved me around 60 bucks so i dont have to buy them

and got first in line for the new pirate ds gamd and 2nd in line for yu gi oh 2011

and hopefully will get pokemon white soon (4th in line)

still would love to see them do something with handheld games.. that stock is almost nothing worth picking

Question with a dispute.
I got a game that doesn't work, and we have been in the dispute for over a month. Goozex intervened and told us they want us to continue working towards a resolution, but also gave us the info for sending in the game to them.
We have continued to work towards a resolution, but it's getting nowhere.
Question is-do I need to wait until Goozex says "Forget working it out, send it in", or am I clear to send it in on my own?

OMG, checked my mail and this showed up on my door.

IMG_0037.jpg

From Goozex. I already knew what it was.
Pokemon Blue with Manual for 400 points.
I already have the game and box just wanted it for the manual to make a complete set.

Instead I get this:
IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

What do you think I should do.
Im thinking negative Feedback and ask WTF?
You printed out the manual

[quote name='adriley313']OMG, checked my mail and this showed up on my door.

I already have the game and box just wanted it for the manual to make a complete set.

You printed out the manual[/QUOTE]

As long as the game isn't a bootleg, it works, and you requested the game disc+manual or complete, it's a neutral feedback. Goozex tells you what the correct feedback is when you go to leave it.

I hated it when Nintendo sent me a similar conditioned Pikmin manual... paid $4 for that shit. :/

So I just went to a local pawn and paid $1 for a real manual... oh the irony.

[quote name='adriley313']OMG, checked my mail and this showed up on my door.
[Image Removed]

Instead I get this:
[Image Removed]

You printed out the manual[/QUOTE]

This would annoy me, but that is funny. At first I thought it was a brag post and the seller threw in a bunch of goodies, but a poorly printed manual?!? That's just odd. I like Goozex, but I don't know what goes through some of its users heads. You really should PM the guy first just to see what the heck he says.

But unfortunately, yeah, its going be neutral. Leave a comment explaining what happened though so there will be a record in case the seller has a habit of gaming the system.

This is the message he sent back:
I don't see what the problem is, you have all the instructions you need to play the game, If you needed an original manual for collection purpose you should have specified. I can send you an original manual if you need it, you shouldn't threaten negative feedback before you contact the person.

I'm thinking that's why I requested the manual to have the manual. Doesn't matter what I need it for.

[quote name='adriley313']This is the message he sent back:

I'm thinking that's why I requested the manual to have the manual. Doesn't matter what I need it for.[/QUOTE]

lol....what is this guy thinking? I wonder if he was tempted to take a cardboard box and draw a pokemon on it and call it complete?

3 days before the trade closes, this guy finally clicks confirmed shipped with a dc #

i just dont want the game anymore and the seller had a history of shipping really late

if i refuse the package or write return to sender, will they have to pay for the return shipping?

bread's done
Back