Official NHL 12 CAG Team - We're Back Baby!!! WifeBeaterz on Parole!

Yay...let's give people more ways to score. Because there definitely isn't enough scoring going on in the game now...

DEFENSE, EA! DEFENSE!

Maybe they're mapping passing to the Skill Stick as well. Or making the Right stick used for controlling your stick on defense, allowing you to stick check, poke more effectively, stick lift, etc.

[quote name='jza1218']Maybe they're mapping passing to the Skill Stick as well. Or making the Right stick used for controlling your stick on defense, allowing you to stick check, poke more effectively, stick lift, etc.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, that's a good one, Rob. Those are all good ideas, but then they'd have to implement something to differentiate between a pass and a shot (holding right trigger + right stick = pass?). And same thing on defense with stick checking vs body checking. I think that thought process already goes beyond EA's capacity, lol. We'll see.

I'll be getting NHL 13 either way...as like someone pointed out in the Madden 13 thread "At this point, it's like gasoline. I have to have it." But with EA's track record, maybe the games are more comparable to crack than gasoline, lol. Need my crack!

Rob, Brandon and I ended on a good note last night, 10 - 1. I think Brandon broke a few team records as well. I'll keep posting vids as they come up.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Rob, Brandon and I ended on a good note last night, 10 - 1. I think Brandon broke a few team records as well. I'll keep posting vids as they come up.[/QUOTE]

12-1. Brandon set a new Goal record with 8 and finished a point shy of the points record. This is of course after Brandon and I threw some illegal hits in another game. 'Cause that's how we roll.

[quote name='DarkTower80']My favorite was being told we should thank the ea defense on our team for giving us the win.[/QUOTE]

That would be a first.

I don't know how many of you guys are getting Max Payne 3, but I guess you can make "crews" in the game. I move that we make a "Kazakhstani Mafia" of some sort. I doubt we could get "Jew Claw" to pass in this game like we did in UFC, lol, though "Jew Claw Mafia" sounds like the scariest thing I've ever heard.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I wasn't an EA defense! They have sullied my honor![/QUOTE]

No, this was a game that just Brandon and I played earlier.

Nate, count me in. I'll be getting the game later this week.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Did you buy it, or did you exchange MLB 2K12 for it? ;)[/QUOTE]

Exchange, I hate you! It's mine though. Don't plan on bringing it back. Lets play tonight.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Exchange, I hate you! It's mine though. Don't plan on bringing it back. Lets play tonight.[/QUOTE]

Wish I could. I can't play on weeknights anymore though.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wish I could. I can't play on weeknights anymore though.[/QUOTE]

Is that why you're never playing NHL on Sundays? Sniff sniff.

[quote name='jza1218']Is that why you're never playing NHL on Sundays? Sniff sniff.[/QUOTE]

When my wife has to get up at 5 AM and I have the baby all night, it sure is, lol.

Well...that video scares me if they're bragging on themselves for already having "real world physics". Yeah...like sticks going through other sticks and through body parts...and pucks going through skates... Uh-huh...I seriously wish instead of these flashy videos, they'd just say "We realize these are the things we fucked up...but we've finally fixed them."

Some people commented on the video wondering if it has to do with skating. Seems like skating is fine as is, can't imagine what they'd do with it. I'm hoping it's something defensive, maybe context sensitive hitting. You see players get pushed into the boards all the time without it being a big hit, something that's not possible in NHL 12.

[quote name='jza1218']Some people commented on the video wondering if it has to do with skating. Seems like skating is fine as is, can't imagine what they'd do with it. I'm hoping it's something defensive, maybe context sensitive hitting. You see players get pushed into the boards all the time without it being a big hit, something that's not possible in NHL 12.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's one thing I'd like to see as well. Almost more like boxing out in an NBA game. People don't just get thrown all over the place. It's more jockeying for position...ESPECIALLY along the boards. I guess it's hard though because what throws it off is when people don't play realistically.

They do things you'd never see in a real game. When they come charging across the ice at full speed to kill somebody into the glass, that person SHOULD go flying...but it should also be a penalty. Really, calling penalties correctly would help a lot. If people knew they couldn't get away with murder, they'd be less inclined to go for those huge hits. Of course, it's unlikely that EA will recognize any of these things, lol.

http://www.operationsports.com/news...s-that-will-change-the-way-you-play-the-game/

We'll see how true this is.

True Performance Skating – A game-changing innovation for the franchise that adds physics-driven skating and over 1000 new animations. True Performance Skating authentically replicates the explosiveness, momentum and top end speed displayed by today’s NHL players. True Performance Skating combined with the Skill Stick, finally gives gamers access to the entire toolset of an NHL player, delivering unprecedented control and unlocking a level of creativity never before possible in a hockey videogame.

EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. – An innovative new A.I. system that governs the behaviors of players, goalies and team systems. In previous NHL games, players were only aware of skaters in their immediate proximity and goalies could only react to the player in control of the puck. With EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q., all players are now fully aware of every other player on the ice, resulting in quicker, smarter and more true-to-life decision-making. EA SPORTS Hockey IQ also delivers the deepest and most customizable set of real-world hockey systems and strategies ever for the franchise.

NHL 13 will deliver new experiences that connect hockey fans to their friends and to NHL hockey with:
GM Connected – The ultimate fantasy league with friends. GM Connected takes the franchise’s most popular offline mode, Be a GM, and allows you to play with and against your friends in your own 30-team NHL. Whether you are a hardcore sports gamer or a hockey fan that moonlights as an armchair general manager, the mode offers unrivaled accessibility and depth by allowing players to manage, play or coach on the road to building your team’s legacy. GM’s can also take their experience with them with a mobile companion app, ensuring that they never miss a single moment.*

There's also a collectors edition this year.

True Performance Skating sounds like a fancy way of saying "We figured out how to make 5'8" 160lbs skaters actually be faster than 6'9" 275lbs skaters! Eureka!"

EA Sports Hockey I.Q. sounds like a bad joke. My favorite part. "In previous NHL games, players were only aware of skaters in their immediate proximity and goalies could only react to the player in control of the puck." Wait...wait...WHAT??? lol...that's the piece of shit we've been playing for years now? Are you serious? That doesn't sound like "Anticipation AI" at all, haha. Funny how that info comes out after they've "fixed it".

And finally, GM Connected sounds amazing. I'm a little confused if it's meant to be a true franchise style offering (ie. can we have shortened seasons? If not...are we just supposed to decide which games of an 82 game season we feel like playing?) If it's anything like Madden's Online Franchise (though hopefully better), I think we'll all be in for one hell of a time next year. I can see us playing that religiously. The idea of a companion app has me geeking pretty hard too.

Here's the other half of the press release for people who don't feel like going to OS

NHL Moments Live – Rewrite or relive history as you replay some of the most thrilling moments from today’s NHL. NHL 13 evolves the concept introduced by other sports games, introducing each scenario with real-world NHL footage to bring players closer to the intensity of the moment. Moments from the 2011-12 NHL season will ship on disc and new moments from the 2012-13 NHL season will be added as and when available throughout the season.

Fans of the franchise can expect several other improvements and innovations in NHL 13, such as:
Team-First Presentation, which customizes your NHL 13 experience based on your favorite NHL team
The addition of Customizable EA SPORTS Hockey IQ allowing players to create and record their own player and team strategies to a level never before seen in the franchise.
Improvements to core offline and online modes, including Hockey Ultimate Team, Be a Pro, EA SPORTS Hockey League, a refined on-ice presentation, and more.

NHL 13 Stanley Cup® Collector’s Edition Available for Pre-Order

Celebrate over 20 years of EA SPORTS NHL hockey with the first ever collector’s edition on this console generation. With Stanley Cup-inspired digital offerings, the NHL 13 Stanley Cup Collector’s Edition includes:
Exclusive collectible Stanley Cup® tin featuring an embossed Stanley Cup image
Two Stanley Cup® Theme Hockey Ultimate Team packs featuring randomized player items from the Western and Eastern Conference Champions
Gold Jumbo Hockey Ultimate Team Pack (Regular) featuring 24 randomized items, including an exclusive Wayne Gretzky Hockey Ultimate Team Legend and six other rare items
A CCM Boost Pack featuring the all-new CCM RBZ stick (For use in Be a Pro and EA SPORTS™ Hockey League)
A 10% discount on a one-time purchase at shop.NHL.com
A complete copy of NHL 13
MSRP: $79.99

To be honest, the CE sounds lame as shit. I really hate the idea of adding these intangible objects and calling it a CE. I'm sure the tin will be nice, but the other stuff is basically the equivalent of pre-order bonuses. Before I looked at the article, when Gary mentioned a CCM stick, I thought MAYBE it was a little eollectible mini hockey stick with "NHL 13" written on the side or something. But no...it's a boost pack for BAP. Of course... :wall:

At least the gameplay improvements sound decent. Just hope they live up to the hype, or we'll be listening to a lot of Seether next year, lol.

Haha yeah, I thought the stick was going to be a physical thing too, but other than the tin with the cup image, all the other things have been preorder bonuses in the past :(

I'm always skeptical of these feature lists. They always seem to say they will fix the problems and then never do, or actually break things more.

Video is obviously fake. If it was really an EA video the goalie would have jumped to the other side of the net to cover a cross crease to a ghost. :)

[quote name='DarkTower80']Video is obviously fake. If it was really an EA video the goalie would have jumped to the other side of the net to cover a cross crease to a ghost. :)[/QUOTE]

I don't know. That was pretty bad. Goalie goes all spider style before Giroux even makes a move. The slo-mo probably makes it look worse, but he had time to slam on the breaks and roof it from 6 inches away.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I don't know. That was pretty bad. Goalie goes all spider style before Giroux even makes a move. The slo-mo probably makes it look worse, but he had time to slam on the breaks and roof it from 6 inches away.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. Hopefully it's just an over-dramatization for the purposes of showing off skating.

[quote name='jza1218']That's what I was thinking. Hopefully it's just an over-dramatization for the purposes of showing off skating.[/QUOTE]

Ah, you're right. I didn't catch this the first time I watched it
nhl13preview.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I'm not impressed by that goalie programming at all, I'm just not surprised by how bad it is anymore. It is more ridiculous to me that it took them many months to fix the goalie jumping off the post to cover something that wasn't there and leaving a wide open net for the man with the puck.

"In previous NHL games, players were only aware of skaters in their immediate proximity and goalies could only react to the player in control of the puck." Makes me very worried about how shitty that will be next year.

I've seen 275 lb guys out skate 160 lb skaters. I've seen a 380lb skater out skate a 180 lb person! If that RBZ was a physical small stick, the CE would have to be more since the damn RBZ stick is going for $200.

[quote name='DarkTower80']"In previous NHL games, players were only aware of skaters in their immediate proximity and goalies could only react to the player in control of the puck." Makes me very worried about how shitty that will be next year.[/QUOTE]

Ya know, I don't even believe that to be true for the current game. If it was, the AI wouldn't abandon their spot to go mindlessly check somebody at the point who doesn't even have the puck. All this might prove is that even EA doesn't know why the hell the AI acts the way it does, lol.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I've seen 275 lb guys out skate 160 lb skaters. I've seen a 380lb skater out skate a 180 lb person! If that RBZ was a physical small stick, the CE would have to be more since the damn RBZ stick is going for $200.[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe they had 99 endurance and were holding their hustle button the entire time. As for the stick, a replica would have sufficed. A bunch of digital bonuses aren't going to convince me to buy the "collector's edition".

EDIT - On that note, anyone going to be around to play some awesome NHL 12 tonight??? lol. :lol: I've got a Madden game at 10:15 EST, but other than that, I should be able to play most of the night.

bread's done
Back