Old School Deal at GameCrazy- 3 for $15, ALL classic games 4/28-End of May

V

Virtua

We got this memo today, apparently starting thursday (the 28th) ALL our used Product that is older than current generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube, GBA, DS, PSP) Will be 3 for $15. Now I was pretty floored by this, considering gamecrazy doesn't ever do stuff like this. But I read the memo over several times and it mentioned no maximum price for the discount to take place, or any limitations. (although, most stores won't let you use the MVP discount on top of this deal)

It sounds as if you will simply be able to buy any 3 old generation games for $5 each, starting friday.

Now, I've got my hopes up for grabbing the Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Vagrant Story we have priced at $29.99 each for a measly $15, but I'm sure there's some catch which wasn't made entirely clear in the memo.

But if it's true.. I am gonna be buying so many PSOne games..

I'll try to keep you guys posted on this, cause if your GameCrazys have any rare/pricier old generation stuff you've been wanting, this could be a great deal.

It's awesome to hear people having such positive experiences with this sale! I knew it would be big. Maybe we'll start to see other stores clear out their old gen stuff to make room for the new systems.

Also,

If anyone got any of the point blank games (complete or incomplete) and would like to part with them, sale or trade, please let me know. I loved these games in the arcade, and my guncon needs some lovin. Doesn't matter if its 1, 2, or 3, i just want one of them. Thanks!

hit 3 diffrent GC's today picked up

Snes:
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Megaman X
Megaman X3
Secret of Mana
.....didnt get my lufia 2 because the manager decided to take it

N64:
Paper Mario x2
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Ogre Battle 64
Megaman legends
Yoshi Story

Genesis:
Phantasy Star IV

Ps1:
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
Star ocean 2

looking to maybe trade some of this stuff for

Lufia 2, Megaman X2, and some other stuff

My pickups...

Mario Kart 64
Pokemon Puzzle League
Paper Mario
Mario Party
Starcraft 64
Kirby 64
Dr. Mario 64

Legend of Zelda DX
LOZ: Oracle of Seasons

Starcraft was marked at 35 bucks, and I asked the guy what the big fuss was about, and he said it was rare. Is this true? I might give it a spin and see how it is, but chances are that itll go up for trade.

i picked up:
suikoden (complete + mint)
bust-a-groove (complete, few scratches)
mario party 1
mario paty 2
mario party 3
paper mario

Thanks OP, this was my best N64/GBC day ever, i got:

Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Kirby 64
Starcraft 64
Bust a move 2
Snowboard kids 2
Mario tennis
Mario golf
Super Smash brothers
Mario Kart 64
Ogre battle 64
Paper mario
Dr. mario 64
Pokemon puzzle league
Zelda oracle of seasons

[quote name='Simmen Stenil']Is there any chance at all this will last until tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

The deal lasts until the middle of May.

Hey could someone answer this question: Was Mario Golf for GBC better than Mario Golf for 64? Just wondering. It was a decision I had to make today and I ended up buying the GBC version. I wasn't sure if it was the tennis game or golf game that was better on gbc than on n64. Anyways, I got Kirby - Crystal Shards, Kirby - All Stars (I think?), Tetris DX, Zelda DX, Mario Tennis GBC, Strider 2, and another one I can't think of right now. They supposedly had Bangai-O for Dreamcast according to the stock list at this one Hollywood video but they said they couldn't find it. I think they might be lying but we'll see.

[quote name='Nutts']Playstation
Intelligent Cube 19.99[/QUOTE]
Holy crap. I'd have paid 20 for that even if I saw it without this. Oh god you are lucky.

Seeing everything you all have gotten is starting to get on my nerves. I got to GC @ 10:30 today, picked out all my games, but then found out that the sale doesn't start there until Sunday. I figure today would have been my best shot at the good stuff since all the kiddies are in school, eBay people/hoarders are at work, and I didn't have class until 12. The employees hadn't held anything but I bet they will in the next few days...

And about Mario Golf, the 64 version is better IMO. They're both great games. If you have both and the transfer pack you can create a character on the GB and play as him/her in Mario Golf 64.

DREAMCAST:
Samba De Amigo

GAMEBOY
Dragon Warrior I & II
Wario Land II
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Ren & Stimpy: Space Cadet Adventures
Tetris DX
Tetris 2
Elevator Action
Castlevania, The: Adventure

GAMEBOY COLOR:
Mario Golf
Wario Land 3
Mario Tennis
Dragon Warrior III
Aliens: Thanatos Encounter

N64:
Transformers: Beast Wars: Transmetals
New Tetris, The
WORMS: Armageddon
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Pilotwings 64
Paperboy
Magical Tetris Challenge

[quote name='Bucket0']DREAMCAST:
Samba De Amigo

GAMEBOY
Dragon Warrior I & II
Wario Land II
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Ren & Stimpy: Space Cadet Adventures
Tetris DX
Tetris 2
Elevator Action
Castlevania, The: Adventure

GAMEBOY COLOR:
Mario Golf
Wario Land 3
Mario Tennis
Dragon Warrior III
Aliens: Thanatos Encounter

N64:
Transformers: Beast Wars: Transmetals
New Tetris, The
WORMS: Armageddon
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Pilotwings 64
Paperboy
Magical Tetris Challenge[/QUOTE]
Man, I thought hard about Dragon Warrior I & II, but at 25 games I just had to quit. My girlfriend wants to know where the engagement ring is.

[quote name='nwaugh']Man, I thought hard about Dragon Warrior I & II, but at 25 games I just had to quit. My girlfriend wants to know where the engagement ring is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah my bank account is starting to cry.

girlfriend? what's that? :lol:

[quote name='Bucket0']Yeah my bank account is starting to cry.

girlfriend? what's that? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha, nice. I also saw that you picked up Tetris 2 and DX. I should have gone with DX ... 2 sucks. Damn you, Nintendo.

[quote name='nwaugh']Haha, nice. I also saw that you picked up Tetris 2 and DX. I should have gone with DX ... 2 sucks. Damn you, Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

yeah, you're right, 2 does indeed suck. :)

After re-reading some posts, I get the impression that this deal is here for a while. I had figured it was only for a day or two, can someone set me straight here?

[quote name='Lolz']After re-reading some posts, I get the impression that this deal is here for a while. I had figured it was only for a day or two, can someone set me straight here?[/QUOTE]

The guy working at GC told me it lasts 3 weeks. But by next week all the good stuff will be gone. So better hurry.

Some of my highlights (but not everything by any means):

SNES:
Secret of Mana
Super Metroid
Sunset Riders (complete)
Fatal Fury 2 (complete)

N64:
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Paper Mario (complete)
Starcraft 64
Dr. Mario 64 (complete)
Banjo Kazooie (complete)
Banjo Tooie (complete)
Majora's Mask (complete)

PS1:
Diablo (complete)
Silent Hill (original non-GH, complete)
Front Mission 3 (complete)
Dragon Valor (complete)
Tales of Destiny II (discs only)
Thousand Arms (disc only)
Strikers 1945 (complete)
X-COM: UFO Defense (disc only)

DC:
Skies of Arcadia (complete)
Seaman (complete)
Starlancer (complete)
Gundam Side Story (complete)

+ MUCH MORE.

Best. Sale. EVER.

auuughhhh.I wont have money again until later saturday, early sunday. Man I hope I can get some good n64 and snes games. Ha dto get teh ps1 games first, cause those seem to get picked over faster. :)

The playstation games had already been cleared out so what I got was....
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis (DC complete)
Gundam Side Story (complete DC)
and
Starcraft 64

Not too shabby......

Some guy cleaned out every game I even thought of getting at the Game Crazy I wanted to check out first. Damn guy inside the store had a stack of around 20 games and he was still picking more out. I just walked out of the store. I really wanted to pick up Xenogears, Paper Mario, and Threads of fate. Oh well.

Luckily, I was able to find something I could get at the Eastern & Bonanza location. I just realized right now that the employee only gave me one disk when there's supposed to be two for Dragon Warrior. Looks like I have to go back to that crappy area tomorrow.

I got:
Secret of Mana
Dragon Warrior VII
Chrono Cross

I also went to the location by Charleston & Bruce, but I didn't really find anything interesting there.

Having all these games is a blessing and a burden at the same time. Now I don't have to worry so much about how I'll pay for them, but now I'm behind...again. Damn, just when I was catching up.

This has probably been mentioned before, but do you need to be a MVP member for this deal to work?

If you dont, I'll stop by my local GC tomorrow to see what they got.

you guys are lucky... i hit 3 stores and all of them said the sale doesn't begin until next Monday.

I hope they were telling the truth and I don't get screwed out of some classic N64 games... I'm going to check back on Friday. This waiting is agonizing!

Hit up 3 stores in the morning, here's what I snagged:

SNES (all cart only):

Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Kart
Super Bomberman 2
Darius Twin
Megaman X
Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
Breath of Fire
Romance of the Three Kingdoms III Dragon of Destiny
Final Fantasy II
Donkey Kong Country 2
Tetris & Dr. Mario
Secret of Mana

Genesis:
Shining Force
Shining Force II

N64:

Ogre Battle 64
Paper Mario
Worms Armageddon
Harvest Moon 64
Kirby The Crystal Shards
Bust-A-Move 99
Mario Tennis

PS1:

Elemental Gearbolt (complete, except for a damn Hollywood video sticker over the dics)
Front Mission 3 (complete, mint)
Castlevania Symphony of the Night (complete, GH, mint)
Tomba (complete, mint)
G-Darius (disc only, mint, but one of my favorite games ever)
SUIKODEN II (disc only, very near mint)

Thanks for seriously bolstering my classic game collection OP.

THANKS AGAIN OP!

This is my official haul, I believe I'll stop for now... I'm going broke.

PS1

DW VII (disk only)
Bust-A-Move 99 (disk only)
Thousand Arms (no case)
Vampire Hunter D (disk only)
Xenogears (disk only)
Bushido Blade 2 (complete)
FF Chronicles and Anthology (no manual)
Hoshigami (no manual)
RPG Maker (complete)

Snes

Breath of Fire II

Now here's a list of the stuff that was still around the 4 GCs I visited but didn't pick up, if anybody's interested, this is the GCs in or around Sactown.

Command and Conquer 64
Mario Golf 64
Mario Kart 64
Majora's Mask
SC 64
Ogre Battle 64
Aidyn Chronicles
Phantasy Star II
Tetris/Dr. Mario
Zelda: A Link To The Past
Time Stalker
Record of Lodoss War
Alundra 2
Ergheiz
Yu-Gi-Oh: Forbidden Memories
Diablo

Should I go back and pick up any of these games? Anybody have a suggestion, I haven't really played any of those games so I don't know if I should pick them up or not?

[quote name='TheRock88']This has probably been mentioned before, but do you need to be a MVP member for this deal to work?

If you dont, I'll stop by my local GC tomorrow to see what they got.[/QUOTE]

No MVP required...at least I'm not in MVP and it worked fine for me.

[quote name='Scorch']The deal lasts until the middle of May.[/QUOTE]

Well in that case I'll head down there today. Hopefully the store wasn't completely raided yesteday. Paper Mario ahoy!

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']Hit up 3 stores in the morning, here's what I snagged:

SNES (all cart only):

Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Kart
Super Bomberman 2
Darius Twin
Megaman X
Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
Breath of Fire
Romance of the Three Kingdoms III Dragon of Destiny
Final Fantasy II
Donkey Kong Country 2
Tetris & Dr. Mario
Secret of Mana

Genesis:
Shining Force
Shining Force II

N64:

Ogre Battle 64
Paper Mario
Worms Armageddon
Harvest Moon 64
Kirby The Crystal Shards
Bust-A-Move 99
Mario Tennis

PS1:

Elemental Gearbolt (complete, except for a damn Hollywood video sticker over the dics)
Front Mission 3 (complete, mint)
Castlevania Symphony of the Night (complete, GH, mint)
Tomba (complete, mint)
G-Darius (disc only, mint, but one of my favorite games ever)
SUIKODEN II (disc only, very near mint)

Thanks for seriously bolstering my classic game collection OP.[/QUOTE]

You have have done the best considering what i was looking for...lucky so and so *cough*

Damn I feel so lucky, used about 12 games at Gamerush to pick up 4 games in the 29.99 deal to trade in to Gamecrazy since they match Gamerush trade in flyer

Got

PS1

Time Crisis
Contra Adventures
Game of Life

Gameboy/ Gameboy Color

Wario Land 1, 2, & 3
Castlevania Adventures
Bust a Move Millenium Edition

N64

Paper Mario
Scooby Doo Classic
Gex 3 Deep Cover
Hydro Thunder
Zelda - Majora's Mask
Quest 64
Chameleon 2
Crusin World
Killer Instinct
Magical Tetris
Kirby 64
Earthworn Jim 3D
Penny Racers
Mortal Kombat 4
Crusin Exotica

SNES

Battletoads
Top Gear 3000
Earthworm Jim

NES

Arkanoid

Happy with what I got

Bah, I ended up with a GBC Super Mario Deluxe that won't save. I have the worst luck with used games, I think I'll stick with new ones from now on. Guess I'll take it back and get my $5 back, since they don't have any more of them.

Here is my second haul. I went by my other Gamecrazy after work (we only have 2). I wasn't expecting them to have anything, but to my wallets surprise, I ended up spending another $112!!

All disc/cart only unless noted.

PS1
Command and Conquer *Complete*
Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night GH *Complete*
Final Fantasy Anthology *Complete*
Digimon Rumble Arena *Complete*
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver *Complete and Sealed*
Ace combat 3
Alundra
Alundra 2
Final Fantasy 8
Marvel vs Street Fighter
Monster Rancher Battle Card: Episode II
Parasite Eve

GB
Dragon Warrior
Magi Nation
Monster Rancher Explorer (won't work, I cleaned the contacts and still nothing)
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Crystalis

N64
Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage
Cruisin World
Starcraft 64

I had a Final Fantasy Chronicles in my hand, but the Game guy working there said he really wanted it, so I let him have it. That's the second Chronicles I let go in one day. There was another one at the other store in the morning, but the only other guy in there getting games REALLY wanted it. Meh, I guess I did my good deeds for the day. I can't complain. :bouncy: :bouncy:

I picked up the following from the GC on Germantown Pike:

N64
Beetle Adventure Racing
Rocket: Robot on Wheels
Pilotwings 64
Pokemon Puzzle League
Pokemon Stadium 2

PS1
Sentinel Returns (it was $5 anyway)
Ape Escape

Dreamcast
F355 Challenge
Gundam Side Story 0079
Bangai-O

Jeremy

Hmmm......do you guys think if I went on a Sunday, I'd be able to get some good games still? I know none of you probally even go to teh same Game Crazy, I do. But lets say if you were to go to your GameCrazy on Sunday, would they have some good titles left?

I just want a general assumption here. I already nabbed the 6 games I wanted most on Thursday. But I want to go back and nab some more, but I wont have money till Sunday.

What you all think?

Is it safe for me to assume that I'll be able to get some good games?

And if it helps any, Me and 2 other people were there right when the store opened on Thursday. Ironically one of the people that showed up was there liek 2 days before the sale just like me, when the employee working there told the lady of the sale. Stupid GameCrazy employee.

But yah, main question, would you say I'd be able to find some good games on Sunday?

my two stores were pretty much cleared out. not really looking for anything besides RPGs. I did see Kirby's Avalanche and a few other premium titles, but nothing extraordinary. I think that somebody must have driven around earlier and done some spring cleaning.

Long time lurker first time poster... what I snagged in my trip to about nine Game Crazy's. I know. I have a problem.

N64 (all carts only)
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Paper Mario
Super Smash Brothers
Super Mario 64
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Puzzle League
Diddy Kong Racing
Kirby 64
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Killer Instinct Gold
Snowboard Kids
Snowboard Kids 2
Indiana Jones
Harvest Moon 64
Battlezone: Rise of the Black Dogs
Mega Man 64
Paperboy

SNES
Kirby's Dreamland 3 (cart only)

Saturn (complete)
Steel Slope Riders
Myst (2.99, unreleated to the deal I guess XD)

PSone (complete, unless otherwise mentioned)
Lunar 2nd story (missing instruction book, regular edition)
Chrono Trigger
Dragon Warrior VII
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature (disc only)
Vandal Hearts 2 (disc only)
Bushido Blade (disc only)
Chocobbo Racing (disc only)

Dreamcast (complete)
Virtua Striker 2
Sports Jam

Gameboy Color (cartridge only)
Harvest Moon
Harvest Moon 2
Harvest Moon 3
(Might go back for more titles... had all of the Zelda games, Dragon Warriors, etc)
So as you can see, my journey to Gamecrazy was sponsored by Nintedo 64. =P

Ok, i can confirm both the El Monte, CA and Alhambra, CA locations are pretty cleaned out.

El Monte *does* have a copy of Streets of Rage 3 ( genesis ), though....

Alhambra has one copy of Donkey Kong Country 3.

No more RPGS.

Here's some depressing news: i was talking with the clerks at the both stores for a while, and BOTH told me their managers had them throw out ALL dreamcast, and PS1 cases/instructions so they can file the games disc-only in folders o.0 ..."it's more space-efficent". Even worse: they had several boxes for their Gameboy Color, SNES and Genesis games... and again, were told to trash em. 'Couldnt they have just stored some of those flat??

It was real shitty hearing "Oh wait, i think we have the box for Actraiser... oh wait... no. i forgot... we threw it out. "

jesus christ..i didnt even read the whole forum..but im pissed cause new york city has no gamecrazys that i know of..do they?

any guys willing to ship games for cost? or is everyong heading to ebay asap?

I don't understand why everyone's complaining about games not being complete. I just assume they won't have everything and when they do I'm happy - if they don't, who cares? I just got a bunch of games I've been wanting for $5 a piece.
Not like I need more game boxes taking up space anyway (though the manuals are nice to have - I can always get the information online if I want to though).

Came back from the one at Silver Creek in San Jose, CA and it was pretty much cleaned out according to the clerk. Guy was very nice helping me look for the games I wanted (wish I printed out a list, had to remember them off the top of my head). Only got:

Resident Evil 3 (DC) - Disc Only
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - Cart Only
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask - Cart Only

Gonna make a list right now and go back to see if they have anything else. He said that he expects all of the good games to be gone by tomorrow.

What I got from the GameCrazy's in Lake Forest, Aliso Viejo, Tustin and Cerritos (Cali):

Genesis:
Shining Force
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Gunstar Heroes
Golden Axe
Vectorman 2

SNES:
Kirby Super Star
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Super Mario Kart

Nintendo 64:
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Mario Tennis 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Gold Collector's Edition!)

PlayStation One:
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (missing case)

And still thinking of going back for more.

As I posted in the trading thread, if someone can get me one of the following:
N64 "Paper Mario"
N64 "Mario Party 3"
SNES "Super Mario RPG"

I will send you:
NES "Final Fantasy"
$5 (for the cost of your game)
Another $5 (for the cost of your shipping)

If you can help a fellow CAGer out, please shoot me a PM! Thanks a million!

I picked up some Dreamcast games at the one in Munster, IN.

Soul Calibur
Sonic Adventure 2
Gundam Side Story 0079
Maken X
Psychic Force 2012
Spawn
Resident Evil Code Veronica

Scored: (All disc/cart only)
Thousand Arms
Legend of Dragoon
Final Fantasy Chronicles (Chrono Trigger + 4)
Front Mission 3
Dragon Warrior 7
Devil Dice (traded for Dead or Alive 3)
Paper Mario
Mario 64
Super Smash Brothers.

Traded another game (World Tour Soccer 2006) for Tales of Symponia (new)

BTW, does anyone have a Genesis Shadowrun and/or Starflight from this sale that they might consider trading or selling for cost?

bread's done
Back