Old School Deal at GameCrazy- 3 for $15, ALL classic games 4/28-End of May

V

Virtua

We got this memo today, apparently starting thursday (the 28th) ALL our used Product that is older than current generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube, GBA, DS, PSP) Will be 3 for $15. Now I was pretty floored by this, considering gamecrazy doesn't ever do stuff like this. But I read the memo over several times and it mentioned no maximum price for the discount to take place, or any limitations. (although, most stores won't let you use the MVP discount on top of this deal)

It sounds as if you will simply be able to buy any 3 old generation games for $5 each, starting friday.

Now, I've got my hopes up for grabbing the Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Vagrant Story we have priced at $29.99 each for a measly $15, but I'm sure there's some catch which wasn't made entirely clear in the memo.

But if it's true.. I am gonna be buying so many PSOne games..

I'll try to keep you guys posted on this, cause if your GameCrazys have any rare/pricier old generation stuff you've been wanting, this could be a great deal.

Just got back from 1 2nd trip there. And I am very surprised at how many games they had left. I think I saved more this trip than I di my first trip and I spent the same amount.

:D

Picked up:

N64
--------
Mario 64
Pokemon Stadium 2
Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Mario Tennis

Dreamcast
---------------
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Shuffle

I wanted to get some Super Nintendo games, but they didnt ahve any copies of Mario Kart left. Also I was in a hurry today, so I couldnt really look through there snes titles. Just noticed they no longer had Mario Kart.

They still had some pretty good ps games there, that I might pick up tommorow.

Vampire Hunter D, BomberMan Fantasy Race.

They had this Magic The Gathering game ther for PS1 for like $24.99 or 29.99. It was the most expenive ps1 game they had left. Does anyone know what this game is like? And is it worth picking up?

I'm most likely going back there tommorow and getting 3 to 9 more games.

I was surprised at how many copies of Soul Calibur my gamecrazy had. Cause ever since I rebought my dreamcast like 2 years ago, Iv'e bene looking for that game, but they never had it in. Than one day they got it in and were selling it for like $14.99. So I bought it.

Than as I checked over the Dreamcast games today, they had like 3 or 4 copies of it.

Very wierd. The employee working there today just gota couple new n64 games traded in today, which i got. heh. Mario 64 and Majora's Mask. They had yet another copy of Majora's Mask there though, as well.

Oh man, I love this deal.

:)

Wow - I heart podunk towns that have GCs! I went on Thursday evening and picked up 15 games, with almost all of the PSX games rebuffed for free. Then when I took some friends there the next day, not planning on getting anything, they had just got in a new stock of N64 games and there were too many good titles to ignore. Thanks a ton OP!!!!!!

Here's my grab (all of which is up for trade for a Persona or Persona 2 - PM ME! XD):

GEN:
Phantasy Star II

N64:
Yoshi Story
Mario Kart 64 (non-PC version)
Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask (gold cart with 3D sticker)

PSX:
X-men: Children of Atom
Legend of Mana
Guilty Gear
Saga Frontier 2
Vagrant Story
Front Mission 3
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire
Tobal No. 1
Vampire Hunter D
RPG Maker
Tomba
Strider
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature

Lets see..all together:

Mario 64 $19.99
Mario Tennis $24.99
Pokemon Stadium 2 $24.99
Majoras Mask $29.99
(either Majora's Mask or Pokemon Stadium 2 was $30, whiel teh other was $25, cant remmeber which though)

Sonic Shuffle $12.99 (I think)
Sonic Adventure 2 $24.99

Tail Concerto $19.99
Threads Of Fate $12.99
Bushido Blade $9.99
Bushido Blade 2 $12.99
Legend Of Legaia $12.99
Persona $14.99

Grand total of:

Over $231 with tax

I spent $63.48

Thats like a 4th of the cost! Woot!

[quote name='chargeup45']Second trip...

Mario Party 3
Tetris Attack (GB)
Tetris Magical Challenge
Oddworld: Abe

Are the PS1 games hidden or something? This is the second GC Ive visited, and there were maybe 20 or so PS1 games, and hundreds of N64 carts. I dont even have a PS1 or 2 (ill pick one up soon), but I figured that I would be able to spot a rare PS1 game and trade it to someone who really digs that stuff.[/QUOTE]

ask to see a list they got most the stuff behind the counters cause they dont have room to show it. that is how i got Lunar 2 and tales of dest 2 for ps1 i had to ask for a list. The list showed Breath of fire 2 but they had no clue where it was

[quote name='slidecage']ask to see a list they got most the stuff behind the counters cause they dont have room to show it. that is how i got Lunar 2 and tales of dest 2 for ps1 i had to ask for a list. The list showed Breath of fire 2 but they had no clue where it was[/QUOTE]

I know, I forgot to. I did ask the first store what the deal was with the PS1 games, and he gave a "we just dont have that many", which I didnt really believe, but I wasnt gonna fight over it.

[quote name='Abdullah2']always ask to see the used disk before u buy or ask if they have a better one, plus now GC has these buffer machines that are amazing, (itll look like new after it had big scratches before)[/QUOTE]

I did. Both the non working games didn't look that bad. Must have just been scratches in key points.

Thankfully no one is that interested in the sale where I am. (Oakland, CA) They had tons when I got there, just nothing I was really looking for. The guy there said no one has even paid it any attention. I ended up with 3 GBC games:

Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Metal Gear Solid
Mario Golf.

There are few more I want to get, the sale lasts until the 21st I think he said, which is awesome for me, another payday. :)

Here's my finds:

NES:
Final Fantasy

SNES:
E.V.O for Eden
Donkey Kong Country 3
Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals
Secret of Mana
Shadowrun

N64:
Harvest Moon 64
Mario Golf

GBC:
Harvest Moon 2

Playstation:
Final Fantasy IX (complete)
Final Fantasy Chronicles (complete)
Grandia (complete)
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (complete w/ map & art book)

Genesis:
Rock & Roll Racing
Shining Force

Dreamcast:
The Ring: Terror's Realm (complete)

Neo Geo Pocket Color:
Boimotor Unitron (Complete w/ box...mint)
Pocket Sports Baseball Stars (Complete w/ box...mint)

Obviously the cartridge games did not come with instructions or boxes (since Game Crazy throws them out as soon as they are traded in), but for $5 I'm definitely not complaining.

My finds:

PS1
Intelligent Qube
Xenogears
Guilty Gear
Harvest Moon Back to Nature
Kartia
Front Mission 3
Point Blank 2
Persona 2
Alundra 2
Dance Dance Revolution
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms 7
RPG Maker
Time Crisis Titan
Dragon Warrior 7

SNES
Secret of Mana

Genesis
Gunstar Heroes

GBC
Lufia The Legend Returns
Dragonwarrior 3

Holy CRAP! In addition to my previous finds, I hit up another Gamecrazy in a not so wealthy part of town today. I found at a SINGLE STORE:

SNES:
Super Mario RPG
Lufia 2
Rock 'n Roll Racing
Shadowrun

DC:
Daytona USA (complete)
Hydro Thunder (complete)
Capcom vs. SNK (complete)

PSX:
Suikoden (disc only)
Persona 2 (complete)
Thousand Arms (case only, no manual)
Theme Park (complete)
Wild Arms (complete)
Wild Arms 2 (complete)
Final Fantasy Anthology (complete)
Lunar Silver Star (discs only)
Legend of Legaia (complete)

N64:
Mario Party 3
Ogre Battle

This sale is so amazing!

Went back and picked up a few things...
Keep in mind, ACCESSORIES WILL WORK AS WELL! So if there is a controller, arcade stick, or anything else, it will treigtser at $5!

N64:
Miscief Makers
Clayfighter 1/3
Earthworm Jim
N64 AC Adapter
Something else...spacing out....

SNES:
Unchartered Waters- New Horizons

I also work at gamecrazy and i I just picked up lunar and ogre battle 64 and worms armageddon and many more .Good luck trying to find any sega cd games. Were not supposed to take them in anymore. The sale will be going on until may 22nd but by then everything will be gone my advice is to hurry rush into your local gamecrazy and try to get them. We have had a lot of ebay people in our store. I also checked our hotmail thing about the controllers and stuff and we are only supposed to do it on games. If we get a new fax that says differently ill post it.

well, later on today, I went back and picke dup 3 more games.

SNES
-----------
Legend Of Zelda: LInk To The Past
Kirby's Avalanche

Dreamcast
----------------
Silver

I was very surprised to find Link To The Past.

:D

But I'm bummed, they had no Donkey Kong Countrys or Mario kart. :(

And the employee working there told me the sale might be over by tommorow. Hope this is not true.

But if it is, oh wlel. I did quite well.

:)

[quote name='CGH']One copy of each game per customer should be a rule with sales like this.[/QUOTE]
My GameCrazy had this rule, you could only get one of each title. It's probably a manager discretion type thing.

When I was at GC buying games, they had these flyers out that said all used games were sold as-is (i.e. no returns). One of the Gameboy games I bought doesn't work. Do people here have any experience returning used games? Will they do an exchange?

[quote name='cruzincontrol']I just called a GC and asked the clerk if there are any sales going on for this week and he responded "No our games are just normally priced.....normally priced"...hmmmmm just hope he is clueless and there is a sale going on cuz I don't want to go all the way over there and get gooched.....[/QUOTE]

At the time of your post there was no sale going on.

[quote name='ma']When I was at GC buying games, they had these flyers out that said all used games were sold as-is (i.e. no returns). One of the Gameboy games I bought doesn't work. Do people here have any experience returning used games? Will they do an exchange?[/QUOTE]

I was able to exchange a game, no questions asked. Just have your receipt.

Yea stopped by my local GC. The PS selection was very small (no more then 35 games or so) the only thing I found worth getting was

PS Legend of Mana ($25)
SNES Mortal Kombat II ($5)
SNES Eathworm Jim 2 ($13)

I really just wanted Legend of Mana, the snes games were just fillers to have some fun with.

[quote name='redline']My GameCrazy had this rule, you could only get one of each title. It's probably a manager discretion type thing.[/QUOTE]

I think it is. At one store that I went to (the story and more later on), there had been some hoarder sitting outside for an hour...as soon as they let him in, he bought up nearly every good N64 game and every single mario game.

MY finds:

Valkyrie Profile(PS1)only missing instruction manual
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask(N64)cart only
Kirby 64 cart only
Kirby Superstar(SNES) cart only
Kirby's Dreamland 3(SNES) cart only
G Darius(PS1) missing case but came with instruction manual
Mortal Kombat Trilogy(PS1) Greatest Hits version complete
Gundam Side Story 0079(DC) missing manual only
Breath of Fire 2 (SNES) cart only

The sale just started today @ my GC and I got just about everything I had scouted on Thursday.

PS1:
Legend of Mana (complete)
Hoshigami (complete)
Metal Slug X (complete)
Grandia (complete)
Harvest Moon: BTN (complete)
Vagrant Story (disc only)
Lunar: SSS (all 4 discs)

N64:
Snowboard Kids 2
Dr. Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Party
Mario Party 3
Harvest Moon 64
Kirby 64 (x2)
Paper Mario (x2)

Genesis:
Romance of the 3 Kindoms II (complete w/ map) :!:

I spent $90 + tax on games that would have cost $448 + tax(as if anyone would pay that much). I want to trade my extra copies of Kirby and Paper Mario. I also might consider trading Lunar. If anyone is interested in those and got some other good stuff from this sale, PM me w/ what you have.

The only game I wanted to buy but couldn't was Silent Bomber. Some guy that got to the store right before I did picked it out just because it was expensive($30). He also bought a bunch of other overpriced crap, probably thinking it will go for a lot on eBay. *Example: NGEN Racing($30) :hot:

Does anybody know when the sale runs until? I won't be back home for another two weeks... the stores will certainly be picked clean by then, but I would like to take a look at the leftovers anyway.

Well, I wont be going back for a while. Not till Thursday the earliest. So if the slae is still going on than, I'm sure there will be nothing left. But I did pretty good with the 15 titles I picked up all together. Saved over $200. :)

the GameCrazy I go to, has like 10 copies of Pokemon Stadium 2. Which is by far one of the more expensive N64 games. $29.99

I guess noone really likes that game. lol

[quote name='peteyrose']Does anybody know when the sale runs until? I won't be back home for another two weeks... the stores will certainly be picked clean by then, but I would like to take a look at the leftovers anyway.[/QUOTE]

May 22nd is what they told me.

I got at the Selden, NY store:
Phantasy Star IV (originally $24.99)
Shining Force I (originally $29.99)
Streets of Rage II (originally $7.99)

However, I am really PISSED OFF because I went to the Lake Ronkonkoma, NY store. I was going to get another Shining Force (for my brother), Sonic Adventure 2 and FF Chronicles, but they told me only games under $14.99 apply, which is BS. I'm in the process of writing an email to corporate.

[quote name='ramprider0']Anyone know if Powerstone for Dreamcast is rare or hard to find???[/QUOTE]

Yeah, PowerStone 2 is more difficult to find, but the first one is definitely worth $5. I picked one up during this sale.

[quote name='ramprider0']Anyone know if Powerstone for Dreamcast is rare or hard to find???[/QUOTE]

Mainly the 2nd one. The first isn't too tough. I was trying to find the copy that this one GC near me had today but they said that they had sold out of it only 10 minutes after opening when somebody dropped down 200$.

Question for those who have been to GC since Thursday... Did they in any way put the old school systems on sale too? My "local" GC (it's a 20-minute drive) had some used systems last time (SNES & DC are the ones I'm interested in) -- any chance these would be discounted too?

[quote name='heyyoeddie']Question for those who have been to GC since Thursday... Did they in any way put the old school systems on sale too? My "local" GC (it's a 20-minute drive) had some used systems last time (SNES & DC are the ones I'm interested in) -- any chance these would be discounted too?[/QUOTE]

Nope, the sale is not affecting consoles or accessories.

I overslept on Thursday so I ended up heading out at like 2:30 in the afternoon. I still made good scores! Barely any people were around in the two stores I went to on 82nd Ave in Portland, OR. So it was me kneeling around the stores for an hour or more, typing away on my sidekick. Zon27 helped me out since I was IMing him on my sidekick. Plus several games to trade to anyone who would like them! The ones I'm willing to trade are the ones with the * in front of them.

*Vandal Hearts (disc and manual) - PS1
*RPG Maker (disc only) - PS1
South Park Rally (disc only) - DC
Diablo (disc only) - PS1
*Trap Gunner (disc only) - PS1
Tomb Raider (complete) - PS1
Alundra (disc and manual) - PS1
*Vagrant Story (disc only) - PS1
*Bust-A-Move-4 (disc only) - PS1
*Clock Tower (disc only) - PS1
Final Fantasy VIII (complete) - PS1
Final Fantasy IX (complete) - PS1
Mario Kart 64 (cart only) - N64
*The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (cart only) - GB
Hands of Time (cart only) - GBC

At 82nd & Johnston Creek:
Chrono Cross (complete) - PS1
Final Fantasy Chronicles with Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger
(complete) - PS1
Parasite Eve (complete) - PS1
Final Fantasy Anthology with Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI (no
manual) - PS1
The X-Files (complete) - PS1
Marvel VS. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (complete) - PS1
Deja Vu 1 & 2: The Casebooks of Ace Harding (cart only) - GBC
Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble (cart only) - GBC
*Starfox 64 (cart only) - N64

At the Powell store the two guys kept talking about me cause I was there quite awhile and kept asking for stuff to be taken out. It was all in good fun, I had a giggle too. Both stores kept telling me they didn't have an inventory list, which is crap. A pain in the ass too. I had the Powell store take all the backstock PS1 games out of their drawers to show me. No bitching at all, cool dudes. The other store was asshats, but I found a lot of complete stuff that had me squealing. I might go to other GameCrazy stores later in the week cause there's a million of them up here. What gives?

My haul (West Chicago Burbs)

Geneva Road (Carol Stream):
Majora's Mask (NOTE : lots of these left (10+))
Super Smash Bros (A few of these left)
Mario Kart 64 (same for this one)

Roosevelt Road (Glen Ellyn):
Diablo (with manual, marked 29.99 - only copy)
Devil Dice (with manual, marked 19.99 - only copy)
Paper Mario - A few of these left, but really not very good condition

Two other things : the guy at the Roosevelt Road store was, quite possibly, the most competent employee I've met in a long time. Helped me out, chatted about the sale, let me check out inventory, and made sure I got the best copies of each game I wanted. You rock, dude.

The second thing is I am willing to trade or sell pretty much everything on here once I try them out. PM me if interested. In fact, I also have box and dox from my original copies of Paper Mario and Majora's Mask that I might be willing to part with.

Okay I lied - three more things : the Roosevelt Road store also had copies of RPGMaker and Kirby for N64 that I left for someone else.

I had some amazing finds at my local GC. Had to travel 20 mins. for them too.

PSX
Strider 2
Front Mission 3
Tomba 2
Time Crisis:project Titan
Micro Machines
Bushido Blade
Jumping Flash 2

DC
Cannon Spike

N64
Mischief Makers

SNES
Kirby Superstar

GB
Kid Icarus
Wario Land

I might go back and pick up Breakout (PSX), Buster Bros Collection, and any type of 32 bit or higher Bust A Move

[quote name='EdS25']Two other things : the guy at the Roosevelt Road store was, quite possibly, the most competent employee I've met in a long time. Helped me out, chatted about the sale, let me check out inventory, and made sure I got the best copies of each game I wanted. You rock, dude.[/QUOTE]
It might not hurt to find out the store manager's contact info (or the district manager's, if the employee was the manager) and send them a note about how helpful he was. If you already thought about this, then rock on dude.

My store has several more copies of Mario Party 3. If anyone has found Mario Party 2 and would like to trade 2 for 3, PM me.

I could also get a copy of Castlevania: LOD if anyone is looking.

i got so far

DC

Sword of the Berserk disc
Record of the Lodoss War disc (one copy left)
Sonic Adventure 2 complete
Virtua Tennis complete ($5 anyway but whatever)
Mr. Driller complete practically new
Virtual On complete

PS

Civilization II complete
Abe's Odyssey complete
Riven complete
SW: Masters of Teras Kasi complete

N 64 carts

Super Mario 64
SSB
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario

Genesis carts

Phantasy Star II

i think i'll go back for Robopon, Wario Land II, DKC 1, 2, and 3 SNES, DKC 1 and 2 GB, Metroid 2, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, and Dragon Warrio I and 2.

helluvadeal

can i exchange a game if i don't want it? or does it have to be defective? do they actually check to see if it's defective or not?

I don't own a Gameboy anymore, but if this deal is going on while, I might buy a Super GameBoy. They told me those count as part of the 3 for $15. And they had like 20 of those. And there Gameboy and Gameboy Color games didnt even lok like theyve been touched during the sale.

Alot of good Gameboy games:

Mario World
Mario World 2
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Gold
Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past

I'm sure there were quite alot of other great game boy games, but these are the ones that stood out.

Just hoping my next check is big. I owe $160 on a credit card bill. And I'm paying that off before I get charged interest, cause interest is like 19.9%.

Definitely not cool.

Auughhh...this sale...it messes with my head. lol

[quote name='onikage']My store has several more copies of Mario Party 3. If anyone has found Mario Party 2 and would like to trade 2 for 3, PM me.

I could also get a copy of Castlevania: LOD if anyone is looking.[/QUOTE]

I don't have MP2 but I could definately use 2 copies of MP3 if there are any other games you are looking for? I need a copy for myself and a copy for my girlfriend, I could careless the condition as long as they are playable.

[quote name='mentos888']can i exchange a game if i don't want it? or does it have to be defective? do they actually check to see if it's defective or not?[/QUOTE]

There aren't many stores that will take back a game jsut because you don't want it. Maybe if you the employees working there or they are nice to you but most likely not. And yes they do check to see if it is defective. Everytime I have ever gone into a GC to replace a messed up game or return it, they always check which sometimes sucks. What's nice is that at one GC if I take in any CD game instead of first returning it they will Resurface it for free and then if it still doesn't work they will go ahead and replace it. Most of the time it's done for a game that I actually want.

Gotta say thanks to the Caggers out there for this deal. I filled in a bunch of holes in my collection for a great price. I didn't get to the Frisco, TX store until late Friday morning, but I still managed to pick up:

N64
Super Smash Brother
Blast Corps
Paper Mario
Mario Tennis
Star Fox 64
Mario Kart 64

SNES
Legend of Zelda - Link to the past
Super Metroid
Super Punch Out

Playstation
Star Wars - Masters of Teras Kasi
Wipeout XL

NES
Dr. Mario

[quote name='mentos888']can i exchange a game if i don't want it?[/QUOTE]

Negatory! If it's defective, you could exchange it for a copy of the same game, but as far as "I don't want this game, can I have another?", no.

I went to the gamecrazy on sunrise highway in LI...absolutely nothing :/ but I do notice that the MVP is not that bad..but gamestop gives it for 10 bucks..is gamecrazy MVP worth that extra 10 bucks?

bread's done
Back