Old School Deal at GameCrazy- 3 for $15, ALL classic games 4/28-End of May

V

Virtua

We got this memo today, apparently starting thursday (the 28th) ALL our used Product that is older than current generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube, GBA, DS, PSP) Will be 3 for $15. Now I was pretty floored by this, considering gamecrazy doesn't ever do stuff like this. But I read the memo over several times and it mentioned no maximum price for the discount to take place, or any limitations. (although, most stores won't let you use the MVP discount on top of this deal)

It sounds as if you will simply be able to buy any 3 old generation games for $5 each, starting friday.

Now, I've got my hopes up for grabbing the Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Vagrant Story we have priced at $29.99 each for a measly $15, but I'm sure there's some catch which wasn't made entirely clear in the memo.

But if it's true.. I am gonna be buying so many PSOne games..

I'll try to keep you guys posted on this, cause if your GameCrazys have any rare/pricier old generation stuff you've been wanting, this could be a great deal.

I couldn't find Lunar: Silver Star Story (In GC anyway, GameStop had it for $29.99, ack), but for $5 I would most certainly buy it, even without the original packaging.

Course, eBay is still the way to go. ^_^

[quote name='JSweeney']You're falling into the trap that so many do...price has little to do with rarity.
Demand is king.[/QUOTE]
Oh I know but I just remembered a few people in here being happy they got one for so cheap when I saw the first stack of eight of them. I thought I'd hit the jackpot until the third store had the same then I just didn't understand what was going on here since Colosseum is out.

Well I decided to take $30 from my bank account.And I traded in those dvds as well. Only got $24.00 cash for those dvds. But it was worth putting toward teh game crazy sale. :)

I than traded in The Suffering for the remaining balance I needed tro buy 12 games at Game Crazy.

Also, I don't know if all GameCrazys are doing this but, if you spend $50 or more theyll give you a $10 coupon to use toward a purchase between May 17th thru May 22nd.

Thought that was pretty cool. Anyways, I ended up getting no Gamebiy games at all. I decided to lookm through the games, that game Crazy I guess considers crap, because they said all there good PS1 games were in the glass case there. Well...I found some pretty good stuff in the heap of other PS1 games. All and all heres what I got:

N64
---------
Yoshi's Story $14.99

Dreamcast
--------------
Record Of Lodoss War $19.99
Alone In The Dark $9.99
Floigan Bros (just wanted to try this game) $7.99

PS1
---------
X-Files $7.99
DarkStalkers 3 (woot!) $14.99
Moster Rancher Hop About $19..99
Monster Rancher Battle Card Episode 2 $9.99
Team Buddies(pretty rare game) $14.99
Star Wars Dark Forces $9.99
Trac $12.99
Bomberman Party Edition $7.99

All for $60.00, well $50.00 if you count the $10.00 coupon they give you free. :)

which originally would have cost a bit over $150.

:D

Iv'e bought 27 games so far from this sale. lol

Man, this sale rocks!

I tried playing the dreamcast games I bought and all of them loaded but than the dreamcast did like reseted itself. Retarded. So I threw my Dreamcast on the ground, but now it wont even load a game at all. Stupid Dreamcast.

I'm gonna ahve to buy a new one. Hope I can find one. And I hope it works better than the piece of crap I had.

I wanan play Floigan Bros. and Record Of Lodoss War.

:(

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I tried playing the dreamcast games I bought and all of them loaded but than the dreamcast did like reseted itself. Retarded. So I threw my Dreamcast on the ground, but now it wont even load a game at all. Stupid Dreamcast.

I'm gonna ahve to buy a new one. Hope I can find one. And I hope it works better than the piece of crap I had.

I wanan play Floigan Bros. and Record Of Lodoss War.

:([/QUOTE]
http://groups-beta.google.com/group...rting+dreamcast&rnum=1&hl=en#9df275720a54539c
You can fix this problem. The self-restarting Dreamcast is a very common Dreamcast indeed. When you go to the page, scroll to the sixth post. There is a FAQ excerpt which tells you what you can do to try to fix the problem.
Of course... I have no idea what throwing your DC on the ground did. But, I figure, now you won't do any more harm to it. Give the fix a try. Who knows.

I went to 2 more stores today, found a lot of great Saturn and PS1 games and came close to getting the best deal ever on Panzer Dragoon Saga . The first store I went to was fairly new and they didn't have much of anything. I asked the guy who was working if there were any other stores in the area and he gave me directions to one about 30 minutes away. They had a better selection than any GC I have ever been to. I was looking through the Saturn section, which I was surprised to see, and PDS was there on the shelf. I was shocked but then extremely dissapointed when I opened the case and found that the only disc present was disc 2. :headache: Apparently the warehouse that sends out games to GC stores didn't send or have all the discs. I couldn't believe it, they even had all 4 discs of Enemy Zero. I also found a 1-disc copy of Street Fighter Collection. It was a similar situation at the first location I went to, as they had single disc copies of Lunar: SSS and Koudelka.

Anyway, here's what I got:

PS1:
Brigandine (complete)
Thousand Arms (complete)
Vandal Hearts (complete)
Star Ocean (complete)
Alundra 2 (complete)
Bust-A-Move-4 (disc)
Breath of Fire 4 (disc/case)

Saturn:
Mega Man X4 (complete)
Albert Odyssey (disc)
Burning Rangers (disc)
Shining Wisdom (disc)
Resident Evil (disc)

N64:
Bust-A-Move 2 Arcade Edition
Harvest Moon 64 (second copy, could trade this is anyone wants it)
Mario Party 2

SNES:
Bust-A-Move
Nobunaga's Ambition
Mr. Do!

GG:
Legend of Illusion
Castle of Illusion

GB:
DK Land 2

[quote name='Scorch']I would've gotten PDS regardless..[/QUOTE]

Maybe someone will get lucky and find a copy with all 4 discs. I'm sure there are a few out there being overlooked. The single disc I found had just been sent there along with a load of other Saturn games from another store.

Hmmm...maybe I should really look into the one store by me that has tons of Saturn games. I really haven't looked to much into Saturn games. Mainly PSone, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, and GB/GBC games.

If anyone has a Gamecrazy that still has Saturn games I'm looking for Resident Evil. Disk only is fine, since I have the case I just need to replace the disk since my son broke half the disk in half. All my local Gamecrazys got rid of their Saturn games. I have the following games to trade:

PS1
Vanguard Bandits (disk only)
Legend of Legaia (disk only)
Diablo (disk only)
Ehrgeiz (disk only)

N64
Starcraft 64

SNES
Breath of Fire

Genesis
Phantasy Star 3

Here's my updated haul so far. Everytime I go back to a store I find more stuff. A few of these games were less than $5 so I didn't use the deal on them obviously. If it doesn't say, the game is disc/cart only.

Dreamcast:
Dead Or Alive 2 (Complete)
Evolution
Fatal Fury: Mark Of The Wolves
Floigan Brothers (Instructions)
King Of Fighters Dream Match '99
Mortal Kombat Gold (Complete)
Power Stone
Project Justice
Record Of Lodoss War (disc only)

I am so happy

I got Robotrek, along with Bushido Blade 2, and Brave Fencer Musashi for a trade.. Bushido Blade 2 is f'in dec, and I loved robotrek back in the day.. anyone know if skyblazer is any good?

[quote name='flaprabbit']If anyone has a Gamecrazy that still has Saturn games I'm looking for Resident Evil. Disk only is fine, since I have the case I just need to replace the disk since my son broke half the disk in half. All my local Gamecrazys got rid of their Saturn games. I have the following games to trade:

PS1
Vanguard Bandits (disk only)
Legend of Legaia (disk only)
Diablo (disk only)
Ehrgeiz (disk only)

N64
Starcraft 64

SNES
Breath of Fire

Genesis
Phantasy Star 3[/QUOTE]

My local GameCrazy has Resident Evil for teh Saturn. I'd trade it for Breath Of Fire.

But, Iv;e never traded before online. So how do I know if I can trust you?

[quote name='shipwreck']Here's my updated haul so far. Everytime I go back to a store I find more stuff. A few of these games were less than $5 so I didn't use the deal on them obviously. If it doesn't say, the game is disc/cart only.

Dreamcast:
Dead Or Alive 2 (Complete)
Evolution
Fatal Fury: Mark Of The Wolves
Floigan Brothers (Instructions)
King Of Fighters Dream Match '99
Mortal Kombat Gold (Complete)
Power Stone
Project Justice

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Jeezus!! You had to spend like $500

I wish I had that much to go buy games for this sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I spent more than I would have liked to so I'm going to pass on the next few deals. Sales like this just don't come along very often, so I really wanted to take advantage of it. So, other than the numerous pre-orders I already have paid off at GameRush, I'm not planning on buying a game for a while. I figure all these games should keep me busy and give my wallet some time to recover.

Edit: Oh, except I have to go back to GC later this month and spend the 2 $10 vouchers I got. And I have to go spend my $10 voucher at FYE sometime this month too. So I guess I'll buy a few more games. :)

Everytime I go back to a store I find more stuff.

Are they restocking periodically or something? My store was pretty much cleaned out (I missed the sale over the weekend, went in yesterday...got 2x complete Grandia II and Sword of Berserk for DC)

My GameCrazy is located in a craptacular location, but I guess that's a good thing since they're usually stocked with some rare games. ^_^

That is, if the employees don't get it first.

Geez, I am still having some great finds. Found Pirates Gold for Genesis, Power Stone (complete) for Dreamcast, Lufia: Towers of Doom for SNES, Breath of Fire for SNES, and a few more today. And to top it all off...went into a nearby Gamestop on a whim and scored a complete DDR Disney Mix for Playstation! :D

Mine has pretty much been picked clean.

I just went in there again today and there isn't really much to look at.

I'm just having to fight the urge to pick up a few titles in there that are still left.

I don't know if anyone has encountered this, but watch out for the employees when you are buying your games. I work at a GameCrazy, and I know that one of the stores is telling their customers that they have to buy an MVP Card in order to get the 3 for $15 deal. If you see this, do not comply. Tell them that you know you do not need the MVP Card and that you want your 3 for $15 deal. If they still don't let you have your deal, ask for the district managers number so you can call him yourself. They employees say that you need the MVP Card, because everyone that they sell, they get $4 in commission. So do not be fooled by this blasphemy. I have had a great time with this deal, buying a total of 30 games on all of the old systems, and trust me, you do not need the MVP Card.

I finally went back to that Lake Ronkonkoma location, and the rude employees were not working. I got FF Chronicles (CDs only), Shining Force (cart only) and Megaman Legends 2. I have an extra Phantasy Star IV and Shining Force I'd be looking to trade for Phantasy Star III and Shining Force II.

[quote name='psunami']Mine has pretty much been picked clean.

I just went in there again today and there isn't really much to look at.

I'm just having to fight the urge to pick up a few titles in there that are still left.[/QUOTE]

I know that two in my area have been picked clean. One was picked clean before I even got there but I did manage to pick up both Monster Ranchers for PSone complete and than I through in a MGS: VR Missions for filler which was complete since I needed a complete one.

The other one was picked clean by me and one other guy that the employees told me about who came in a half hour before they were actually open and then bought the majority of the good N64 and SNES games. I just came in and bought up a bunch of PSone titles and then my friend, one of the employees, said he'd pick up a few after he was done. I haven't gone back to the store but my suspicion is that it is basically wiped out of good games.

I know that I'm silly to keep going, but I'm going back to my store again today. This sale has been good to me thus far and I just can't give up yet....

The last time I was there, they kept adding more GB and GB color games, and there are a few of those that I'm looking to pick up still.

Also there is an original Gold cartridge Zelda that is still tempting me...

The sad thing is that there are a few games that I want that I bet are still at other stores. (Tecmo Bowl for the GB, for example)

Sadly, the next nearest store for me is about an hour away. Too much of a haul just for the possibilities of cheap games.

Hey psunami,
Is there anything left at our store? I raked the GB/GBC games over pretty hard when I went there last Saturday. The N64 section was weak to start with, and I didn't see anything in the SNES games.

Just stopped at my Gamecrazy again today and jotted down all the remaining titles they had left that I seemed interested in.

That way I'll know what I'm looking for when I go back when I have money. Which sadly wont be until Thursday. :(

But I assume they'll have at least half of the games left that I was interested in.

Heres what I spotted:

N64
-----------
Quake 64 *
Pokemon Puzzle League
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Banjo Kazooie
Killer Instinct *

Dreamcast
------------------
Timestalkers
Star Lancer *
Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer(could get for n64 too)
Plasma Sword *
SeaMan
Q-Bert
Psychic Force 2012 *
Ooga Booga
Phantasy Star Online
DOA2 *

PS1
------------
Marvel Vs. Street Fighter
Marvel Vs Capcom
Bomberman Fantasy Race
Monster Rancher

Super NES
----------------
Super Star Wars
Super GameBoy(so I can get some Gameboy games)
F-Zero
Pacman 2
Clayfighter 2

Gameboy/Gameboy Color
--------------------------------
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Game And watch Gallery 2 *
Game And Watch Gallery 3 *
Wario World *
Mario Land *
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes back
Robopon
Tiny Toons
Metal Gear *
Bomberman *
Monster Rancher Explorer
Rampage

Ones with *'s I want the most.

Well i hope I can find most, if not all on Thursday.

My local store got 2 boxes of PSX games in. Not much of interest except for some disc only Final Fantasies and Xenogears. Then I saw a disc only copy of Star Ocean: Second Story.

As I pondered the purchase (I got in on the 2 for $30 at TRU earlier in the week and have gotten 15 games from this GC already) I started to think that the discs looked weird. So I asked Nick (my new buddy) to pop it in a system, and the "Please insert a PS2 or PS disc" screen pops up!

This was a quality bootleg. Be careful and check your games. This is probably an isolated case. I just wanted to let my CAG peeps know.

[quote name='kdunn77']My local store got 2 boxes of PSX games in. Not much of interest except for some disc only Final Fantasies and Xenogears. Then I saw a disc only copy of Star Ocean: Second Story.

As I pondered the purchase (I got in on the 2 for $30 at TRU earlier in the week and have gotten 15 games from this GC already) I started to think that the discs looked weird. So I asked Nick (my new buddy) to pop it in a system, and the "Please insert a PS2 or PS disc" screen pops up!

This was a quality bootleg. Be careful and check your games. This is probably an isolated case. I just wanted to let my CAG peeps know.[/QUOTE]

not really, you really want to check the games out before you buy them. one gamecrazy had PC games as PS1 games. ANother gamecrazy had Demos as full games. so alwasy make sure they are real games before you buy them

Super Nintendo:

Illusion of GAIA
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Legend of Zelda, The: A Link to the Past
WordTris
Starfox
Super Castlevania IV

Nintendo 64:

Micro Machines 64 Turbo
Mickey's Speedway USA

I'm still looking for a few games:

Kartia
Ogre Battle 64
Alundra
Vanguard Bandits

If anyone has seen(or has for trade) any of these let me know. There are still a lot of good games @ the GCs near me. I could pick something up that someone may be looking for, such as:

Skies of Arcadia
Castlevania: LOD
Mario Tennis
Mario Party 3
Lunar
DKC 2/3

[quote name='kdunn77']My local store got 2 boxes of PSX games in. Not much of interest except for some disc only Final Fantasies and Xenogears. Then I saw a disc only copy of Star Ocean: Second Story.

This was a quality bootleg. Be careful and check your games. This is probably an isolated case. I just wanted to let my CAG peeps know.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...that's strange. I know that that happened to me with one of my PSone discs that I bought from this sale. It happened to me with my Trap Gunner at first but then I popped out the discs, rubbed it a little on my shirt to get off some of the smudges; the disc had to have been one of the worst scratched and smudged up discs I had ever seen, and then put it back in my PStwo and it worked fine. Not taking a chance, I went back to the GC and had them resurface it a couple of times since this is one of those games that I had really, really been wanting to play. The disc works fine now, sometimes it seems a bit slow, but otherwise no problems at all. I don't think this was a bootleg, or at least I hope not since I checked all over the disc made sure as best as I could to my ability.

I, personally, had thought that this was just an error of the PS2 akin to something like a DRE which I have had a few times in the past.

Does anyone know if this was for sure a bootleg or not? Any signs I could use to spot one, other than the usual?

[quote name='onikage']I'm still looking for a few games:

Kartia
Ogre Battle 64
Alundra
Vanguard Bandits

If anyone has seen(or has for trade) any of these let me know. There are still a lot of good games @ the GCs near me. I could pick something up that someone may be looking for, such as:

Skies of Arcadia
Castlevania: LOD
Mario Tennis
Mario Party 3
Lunar
DKC 2/3[/QUOTE]

I tried to send you a PM but your box is full. Clear some space and I'll get it to you. I am okay with a trade. I'll give details by PM.

Damn I love this sale! On my second go round after my GC received a new batch of N64 and PS1 games. I picked out a bunch of games and when I took them up to the front counter, the guy (same who helped me the week before) said: add $10 to this and get a $10 off coupon for next week. So while I was looking for games, he popped into the back and asked me if I wanted Starcraft 64! He said it had been in the hold drawer for so long, so I could buy it.

Anyways, here's my score. I am willing to trade any of it, minus Pokemon Puzzle League, so if anyone is interested in anything, PM me with a trade list.

SNES:
Ms Pac Man

N64:
Pokemon Puzzle League
Starcraft 64

PS1:
Time Crisis: Project Titan
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Street Fighter EX2 Plus
Pocket Fighter (disc only)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (disc only)
Armored Core: Project Phantasma (disc only)
Darkstalkers 3 (disc only)
Bushido Blade 2
Civilization 2

Quick question: I am trying to get some more trade fodder, and the closest GC to me has a ton of GBC games, and I was wondering if anyone can drop me the names of some of the rarer or most wanted ones? Thanks! ^_^

I got a few good games from the store I work at.
Tactics Ogre PS1, in COMPLETE MINT CONDITION.
Ogre Battle 64
Starcraft 64
Paper Mario
Snowboard Kids 2
Pokemon Puzzle League
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge
Pokemon Stadium 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis

And whatever else good that comes in.

[quote name='indomitable']I tried to send you a PM but your box is full. Clear some space and I'll get it to you. I am okay with a trade. I'll give details by PM.[/QUOTE]

Try again, I cleared some messages out.

Well got 6 more games today from Gamecrazy.

DreamCast
---------------
Dead Or Alive 2
Psychic Force 2012
Plasma Sword
Qbert

N64
---------
Killer Instinct Gold
Banjo Kazooie

It's dwindling down now. Some kid befoe me bought the only copy of Timestalkers they had.

:(

Oh well. Not that big of a loss.

I wish there were more GameCrazyz by me. Seems like theres only one in Michigan.

lol

And whatever else good that comes in.

You suck. :p

hehe.

One of the benefits of working at the store, I guess.

There were a few more interesting games at my local store, but nothing worth getting too excited about.

N64:
Banjo Kazooie- $12.99
Doom 64 - $12.99
GoldenEye 007 - $12.99
Mystical Ninja - $14.99
Mischief Makers - $9.99
Resident Evil 2 - $14.99

GBC:
Metal Gear Solid - $14.99

SNES:
Super Mario Kart - $19.99

PS1:
Saga Frontier 2 (Complete) - $14.99

Well let me sum up what I just did:

I traded games with one of my friends.

Gave him:

Mortal Kombat 4(n64)
Kirby 64(n64)
Mario Tennis(n64)
Donkey Kong 64(n64)
Diddy Kong Racing(n64)
Star Wars: Battlefront(XBox)

Got from him:

Powerstone(Dreamcast)
Jet Force Gemini(n64)
Rampage 2(n64)
Body Harvest(n64)
Command And Conquer(n64)
007: The World Is Not Enough(n64)
Mario 64(n64)
GoldenEye Rogue Agent(XBox)
State Of Emergency(XBox)
Nightcaster(XBox)
Nightcaster 2(XBox)
Bloodwake(XBox)
Metal Dungeon(XBox)
Blood Omen 2(XBox)
The Thing(XBox)

I than wnet to GameCrazy and traded in:

Metal Dungeon
Rogue Agent
State Of Emergency

and got these with the money I got for the above 3:

Donkey Kong 64(n64)
Mortal Kombat 4(n64)
Snowboard Kids 2(n64)

and I bought these for the 3 for $15 deal:

Goldeneye 007(n64)
Fighter Destiny 2(n64)
Pokemon Puzzle League (n64)

and bought these 2 sepeartely for $5.00 for both:

Ecco (Dreamcast)
Crazy Taxi(Dreamcast)

So.....

I really traded my friend:

Diddy Kong Racing(n64)
Kirby(n64)
Mario Tennis(n64)
Star Wars Battlefront(Xbox)

for:

Powerstone(Dreamcast)
Nightcaster(XBox)
Nightcaster 2(XBox)
Bloodwake(XBox)
Blood Omen 2(XBox)
The Thing(XBox)
Jet Force Gemini(n64)
007: The World Is Not Enough(n64)
Body Harvest(n64)
Command And Conquer(n64)
Mario 64(n64)
Rampage 2(n64)
Snowboard Kids 2(n64)

haha!!!

:D

Did the $10 coupon that you would receive after spending $50 go into effect on the 1st or 2nd of this month? I bought a lot of games on the first, went back to ask for the coupon and they told me that promotion didn't start until the 2nd so they couldn't give it to me.

Bringing this back from the dead for a simple question. A Gamecrazy employee told me they are no longer going to be taking in trade-ins on the older systems that were included in this sale. Can any other GC employees here confirm this?

The sale is due to end on May 22nd. Are the games going to go back to their original prices with no new titles coming in the door? I find it hard to believe that if the games that are left cannot sell for $5 a piece, that they will sell back at their original prices.

bread's done
Back